[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever have a hamster? What was it like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

Did you ever have a hamster?
What was it like?
>>
tastes Iike chicken
>>
I had over 30 of them at the same time. They're adorable,but noisy as fuck during the night
>>
Aw hammies
U
>>
>>39272834
Really? Not like...ham?
>>
It's Hataro time :3 chiky chiky chiky wooh
>>
File: bunnii wabbit.jpg (63KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
bunnii wabbit.jpg
63KB, 500x340px
>>39273588
that's guinea pigs
>>
cute little friends tbhfam
>>
>>39272648
i had 2 and they both died and i cried

i couldnt pick them up because they always bit me

they were afraid of everything

they loooked like the picture u posted
>>
File: IMG_0361.jpg (32KB, 537x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0361.jpg
32KB, 537x368px
This thread is making me the happiest I've been all day. Post moar cute fluffies!
>>
I own Cambells dwarf hamsters, and owned loads of them and some syrians growing up. They are like my hobby.

It's amazing that they all have such different personalities. I had one syrian whosticks out in my mind - he was a 'teddybear' so had long ginger fur. He was just insanely friendly, always up when I was and trying to get my attention to play.

Then I've owned ones which hate people too. Lol.

At the moment I have an all-male colony and a female (mis-sexed by the breeder - lucky I caught her before she bred!)

The girl is lovely - her cage is near the kitchen so she always comes out when I'm in there hoping to get a bit of veg or cheese.

The boys are great too. One is a real grump and likes his personal space. One LOVES to hump the other two (gay hamster). The other is the boss - he's chilled out AF, loves sunflower seeds, and always seems to get first dibs on any treats I put in the cage.

Great little things.
>>
File: gif.gif (82KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
82KB, 500x286px
>>39272648
These fluffy motherfuckers are really into incest.
I've only bought two hamsters three years ago, and I've already sold like 30 to the local pet stores.
>>
>>39273919
>inb4 thread is kill because I posted this
>>
>>39272648
Go to bed, Adam.

You're supposed to be in Hell.
>>
File: 1502810629625.png (232KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1502810629625.png
232KB, 768x432px
Had them when I was a kid. Cute little bastards. At night sometimes he would break out of his cage, steals one of my socks, and sleep in the corner of the basement for some reason. Happened like 8 times and he would only take my sock.

Can't remember how old he was when he died, just knew he was at least 3 years old.
>>
File: sexing_dwarf_hamsters.jpg (115KB, 708x523px) Image search: [Google]
sexing_dwarf_hamsters.jpg
115KB, 708x523px
>>39273930
Separate them! You're flooding pet shops with unhealthy animals. Please - incest hammies are way more likely to get shit like diabetes. Not to mention the strain on the female's health ....

What species are they?
>>
>>39273930
You know they're probably just getting euthanised right
>>
>>39273996
Djungarian.
>>
I called him Muhammad :-D
It was nice to have him around, but I couldn't really connect to the little dude. Not a hero with pets in general.
>>
>>39274031
>Djungarian.
Okay well at least they probably don't hate each other.

If I have to seperate when they haven't been fighting, like a mis-sexing situation, I like to pot their cages next to each other. Gives them that social aspect without the babbies.
>>
>>39274005
If they have to euthanize the hamsters, it means there's no demand. And if there's no demand, why the hell do they buy them? Care about my karma being tarnished by flushing them down the toilet?
>>
>>39274085
You should've stopped them reproducing in the first place.
>>
>>39274132
Well, I don't have any hamsters anymore, the ones I haven't sold have already died. Maybe for the best, I'm a shit owner. Maybe I should start growing flowers, less responsibility.
>>
>>39274162
You're not shit - it's a super easy mistake to make. I am a hamster hobbyist, and I can tell you there are loads of people making oops litters all the time. Hell, I've done it myself. My first colony was the result of having a pregnant campbells female having six babies.

Just try not to let it happen again
>>
I had a hamster couple
they might've been different species because the female was bigger then the male and was really aggressive towards him
she ate one of her babies once
>>
>>39274792

Wow. Interracial couples explained in one post.
>>
>>39274809
the male was grey and black and the female was orange, does that mean they were different species?
>>
>>39274845

Yep. Species is the correct term. Race = species
>>
>>39272648

ive never seen one in australia. only rats, guinea pigs and rabbits.
>>
They are pretty cute but I think gerbils are better. They seem to be more intelligent and curious and if you take them out and put them on some stairs or on a countertop they just zip around and explore its really cute.

Both hamsters and gerbils suck though because they die right about when they started to get a grip on your heart. 3 year lifespan is like 1,000 days holy shit too short.
>>
>>39272648

Rats are the best pet tbqh
>>
File: jGNEkP7B.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
jGNEkP7B.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>>39274869
> species [noun]
>A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding.
If Negroes and Europeans are not the same species, why do quadroons exist?
>>
>>39275015

Did you even read the last sentence?

You're not this stupid right?
>>
>>39275023
You mean this sentence?
>Race = species
>>
>>39275043

http://m.discoverwildlife.com/animals/why-do-animals-interbreed
>>
>>39272648
It was very short lived
>>
>>39275061

This article lewd as fuck if you replace insects with different human races (species).
>>
>>39274869
Race does not equal species, wtf.

Species means they are essential different animals - like syrian hamsters and campbells hamsters. Race is more like a 'breed', eg a long-haired syrian vs a short haired one.
>>
>>39275061
Uhh... so? What does it say about humans? Who gets to decide where to draw the line and how many lines do we need?
>>
>>39275173

No species doesn't mean they are different animals.

You suck at science .
>>
>>39275215

Dude relax I'm not drawing any lines nor am I telling people who they can or can't breed with.

Human races are different species, race is just a sugar coated term because admitting we are different species sounds too bizarre for most people.
>>
>>39275220
Yes, it absolutely does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species

So within hamsters, you have different species, like common, syrian, robo, campbells, etc.

Syrians cannot breed with robos and make fertile offspring.

Breed, on the other hand, can. So a teddy syrian can produce fertile offspring with a short-coated syrian. A great dane can mate with a greyhound. You see?
>>
>>39275265

You can make fertile offspring, you're wrong again.
>>
>>39275272

From what? Robos and syrians? Nope.
>>
And when they say infertile, I'm pretty sure they mean they don't reproduce and not actually unable to reproduce .

Basically the Elliot Roger of hamsters.
>>
>>39275282

"Breed" basically hybrid. Syrians and robos aren't a "breed".
>>
File: IMG_3638.png (64KB, 1612x1428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3638.png
64KB, 1612x1428px
>>39275297

And if you call those a breed, you basically mean "species".
>>
>>39275297
... I know syrians and robos aren't seperated by their breed. That's why I clearly stated that they are different species.
>>
>>39272648
Cute but really dumb animals. Also they poop a lot.
>>
>>39275312

So Syrians and robos have Elliot Roger offspring, it doesn't mean they're infertile it means they are unable to find a partner to reproduce with.

Many interspecies offspring are fertile and successful but not all.
>>
>>39274792
before she ate her baby it somehow got out of the cage and I put it back in, did she kill it because it had my scent on it?
>>
>>39275398
That's not true. They don't have ER offspring - they don't have offspring at all.

There are rare cases that different species can create supposedly fertile offspring, eg female ligers (or tigons, can't remember which), but nobody on earth would argue lions and togers are the same species.

It looks to me like you've misunderstood what I said. You're still a bit out of the loop on the difference between species and race/breed, though.
>>
>>39275402

Or he left because she tried to eat him
>>
>>39275423

Maybe lions and tigers are different species but part of the same genus.

And human races are different species but humans are part of the same genus.

I'm right and you're back pedaling.
>>
>>39275455
I'm not backpeddling at all. I've been entirely consistent.

The fact is, people of different races are not different species. That's a fact. We are all homo sapiens. That is out species. Our genus is homo, which we shared with neanderthals amongst others.
>>
>>39275433
it could barely move so I don't think thats possible
>>
>>39273602
hamtaro!
when we work together it's much better
>>
>>39275485

We are different species, same genus.

Homo Neanderthal, homo erectus, homo sapien, homo denisovan.
>>
>>39273926
>It's amazing that they all have such different personalities.
this
>>
>>39275753
What little guys have you had?

I remember one I had called Buzz and she was a real dipstick. She'd always be doing something adorably dumb like trying to fit a chew toy through a tube that it was too wide for, running real fast in her wheel then stopping suddenly so she flew out or being so engrossed in washing herself she fell over.

She was the best.
>>
I had one called Sumo too. I thought she was fat but it was all muscle. She would force the bars apart to escape and would walk along the roof of the cage as easily as if it was the floor. When you held her it was like holding a warm fuzzy rock.
>>
I've owned two hamsters.
The first one I preferred more, the second one was a lot less of a people person I guess? It kept to its own a lot. But then again, so did I.

My favourite story of my first hamster is how it somehow escaped from its cage in the middle of the night. I wake up at like 2am and I see the hamster in front of me curled up and sleeping next to me. I jerk my head back and it shuffles the pillow a bit, which stirs the hamster awake. It just stairs at me and stands on its legs, twitching its nose. I have no idea how she escaped to this day. It was a pretty scary situation because since she was sleeping next to me all it would have taken was me to turn over in my sleep to squish her.

The second hamster was an albino hamster with bright red eyes. The store owner says it had been there for a while and nobody wanted it because it was albino, I felt sorry for her so I bought the hamster.

Both lived twice their life span.
>>
>>39272648
>Hamsters and guinea pigs were cute
>Owned Cat and fish instead

I dunno? In these cases pets normally take care of themselves, sure you do some things for them but they mostly have their own mind

>Wish ai could own a pet again
>>
Hamsters are a shitty meme i took care of one for 3 years and all i remember is it getting out once and how loud it used to be at night. Dont get a beta rodent get a chad reptile or k9
>>
>>39275969

Aww! That's a cute story
>>
I get so sad when they die
>>
Had a female russian, got sick aftet 3 months, died after 15 months

Had a male syrian, got sick after 7 months, died after 18 months

Have a female russian again, bought her with an infected eye ( i did inspect them to get a healthy one but there were so many of them running past eachother the girl behind the counter grabbed the wrong one, didnt notice either) still alive, eye still "infected"

Have a female syrian, have her for 15 months now and no sign of illness BUT she smells like shit, alot of the time

I always thought this was because she smelled the scent of the male and was trying to attract him (i made him lick her pussy as a joke because it looked funny, she would smell even worse then) but i guess shes still ovulating or something?

Advice to all, never buy a female syrian. Mine smells alot
>>
>>39276247
Also, vet costs are A LOT and its just embarrasing to pay for treatment of a rat like thing some people see like vermin
>>
I had a couple when I was a kid. They always bit me. I like rats better than hamsters. They were always chill and didn't bite. Weren't afraid of everything either.
>>
File: 1501067189249.jpg (26KB, 461x458px) Image search: [Google]
1501067189249.jpg
26KB, 461x458px
I didn't have hamsters but growing up I had various rats.
Rats are wonderful loyal and clean pets, only problem is they all seem to die of cancer sooner or later.
>>
i only had one but she was fun, i wouldnt get an another one because you have to keep them in a cage, otherwise they will chew on fabric to make nest for themselves
also they live only 1-2 years, and doesnt like petting much
>>
File: 1492802685526.jpg (25KB, 540x388px) Image search: [Google]
1492802685526.jpg
25KB, 540x388px
>>39272648
It was awesome, very first one was my favorite, liked him because he was silver colored. Named him Rambo. We got a few more and then they started pumping out babies like madmen. We seperated the males and females for a while and eventually they all passed due to old age. My first and favorite, Rambo, was the last one standing.
The men lived longer than the women, but that's probably because we ended up getting a douchebag chad hamster that ended up literally raping and murdering everything that got near it. I think that nigger was part rat, glad he literally died of a heart attack one day.
>mfw
>>
>>39273602
I loved that godamn show.
>>
>>39272648
Those are chinchillas anon
>>
File: IMG_1136.jpg (91KB, 634x795px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1136.jpg
91KB, 634x795px
>>39272648
I named my hamster Harry (Houdini) because she was always escaping. Then I found out she was a girl so I called her Harriet. She was really cool, she always found ways to break out of her cage at night and then we could never find her. She even figured out how to unlatch it and open the door. Finally found her living under my bed back in the corner, she'd chewed through the carpet and everything. When you put her in the little hamster ball, she would always run full speed right into your ankles over and over again. She lived an entire 4yrs.

Protip, many people think their hamster is dead and get rid of it when in fact hamsters hibernate. This isn't as commonly known as it should be.
>>
i had mices when i was a kid, my friend gave me two and promised that both of them are female but instead it was a a female and a male. I ended up with over 80 mices in 2 small cages, they killed eachother and even were cannibalistic, one time i watched how males raped females.
>>
>>39272648
Nice until they develop a billion kinds of cancer and become a bulbous mass of tumors.
>>
>>39272648
I've had them for decades. They're stupid as fuck and will bite the shit out of you if you don't get them used to your hand within the first few days.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.