[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a new show about a robot and its getting rave reviews.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: atypicalreview.jpg (77KB, 787x541px) Image search: [Google]
atypicalreview.jpg
77KB, 787x541px
There's a new show about a robot and its getting rave reviews. What do you guys think?
>>
he isnt a TRUE robot
>>
>>39260016
He's probably a fucking normie.
>>
>>39260016
I'm extremely skeptical that he's really that bizarre. Most likely, he's a normal looking individual that's slightly quirky and reasonably socially skilled.
>>
>>39260016
>as he searches for love and independence
normie mindset, dropped
>>
Looks like gay shit normalizing autism and making white people lool bad
>>
>>39260051
This dude has fucking friends.
>>
>>39260016
I bet all of the good reviews are just normies going "omg I can totally relate to him, lmao I'm such an autist."
>>
>>39260016
literally just the quirky "i'm different then the other kids" shit. It's getting hot reviews because normies can "relate" to it and think it's a touching story
>>
File: CKy9yVNVAAEdTVv.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CKy9yVNVAAEdTVv.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>39260016
>le self discovery meme
You call it a robot show ? Fucking normalfag.
>>
>>39260026
>>39260037
>>39260051
>>39260052
>>39260079
>>39260085
>>39260101
>>39260121
Every one in this thread is correct
>>
>>39260016
Spoiler:
He will have friends, get a job, get a girlfriend, and lose his virginity.
>>
>>39260197
>hey look honey, after watching thsi show on netflix i suddenly dont feel so bad anymore about our autistic son :)
>>
>>39260197
Not much of a spoiler. This was expected.
>>
>>39260016
He can't be a true robot -- normies don't feel empathy for true robots, so no one would watch.
>>
>>39260016
>"self-discovery"
>"what is it truly to be normal?" xD
confirmed garbage.
>>
File: freak.jpg (59KB, 745x400px) Image search: [Google]
freak.jpg
59KB, 745x400px
>>39260526
This. I watched a few episodes because a coworker said the show's good. It's shit.

Anyone ever watch the show freaks and geeks? It's like that, but watered down, no drugs, and it follows the younger brother's lanky ass friend instead of the girl who plays velma. pic related
>>
>>39260016
He probably has interests and is outgoing otherwise the show would go fucking nowhere and the normies that watch it wouldn't like it
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>39260016
>almost has sex in the first episode
>gets a gf by the third or fourth
>robot
>>
>>39260085
>>39260101
Is autism going to be the new "depression" from 2017-?
>>
>>39260651
>almost has sex in the first episode
Kek, I am not going to check out this piece of shit show. He's on the spectrum, and he was somehow able to almost get sex in the very first fucking episode of the show? Completely unrealistic but normies will fucking eat that shit right up because it falls into their just world point of view.
What a fucking travesty.
>>
>>39260683
It's already happening, be prepared for shit like
>"omg i have an organized desk I'm so autistic!"
fucking hell that's funny just imagining it.
>>
>>39260651
>>39260736
honestly though, what did you expect from a 95% audience rating?
>>
>>39260016
This show is really funny and well written great characters and a believable family dynamic, i think anyone who watches this is going g to be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>39260765
That's ironic, you fucking retard. Nobody is ever going to call themselves autistic because unlike "depression", autism is obvious and you can't fake it, and even if you it would harm your social standing too much, and after all that is all normals care about.
>>
>>39260840
shekelburg and his collection of goons over at APA decided to group up assburgers with full-blown autism, so make of that what you will. Stacies faking mental illness also misinterpret what the illness actually entails, so that's nothing new either
>>
I've actually watched the show, and I actually like it. There's a part where he's on a public bus and starts audibly REEEEing so the bus has to get shutdown until his parents come and get him.
>>
>>39261268
record it nigro
>>
>>39261268
>starts audibly REEEEing so the bus has to get shutdown until his parents come and get him

As someone who takes public transit in a major city I can assure you that buses do NOT shut down whenever there's a crazy or disruptive person on them.
>>
>>39260016
If he hasn't passed 30 and given up on life he's not a true robot.
>>
>>39260016
>normal is overrated
every robot wants to be normal
this is just a normie show about how they view robots
>>
I binge watched the whole season in one sitting

it's kinda funny if you like humor like the office, parks and rec, that sort of thing. somewhat convincing depiction of true autist behavior but the scenario (having friends and having people flock to care about his bullshit) is really unrealistic.

7/10 if you're bored its ok but there are better shows.
>>
>>39261416
that episode was hilarious, and how the bus driver was concerned for him and called his parents/wanted to help out? hell fucking no, no bus driver on the planet cares that much about any passenger. in real life he'd get kicked off the bus or everyone would just ignore him because crazies on public transit is par the course.
>>
I don't want to watch it because i feel like i'd be as disappointed as i was when i saw Mr Normie.
>>
>>39262165
It is disappointing. He's basically just a normie with weird habits.
>>
>>39260016
It's not a show about "robots," it's a show about a kid who's autistic and in high school and has friends and family who care about him. It's going to be a standard kid's rom-com. Stop telling yourself that it's about robots or for robots. The only reason to tell yourself that it's for or about robots is so you can get disappointed or angry for it being "inaccurate." A show about robots would be borderline unwatchable and depressing as fuck.
>>
>>39261732
>every robot wants to be normal
You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Lurk two more years before posting.
>>
File: 1487052493025.gif (38KB, 225x534px) Image search: [Google]
1487052493025.gif
38KB, 225x534px
>See dear, who cares if you have autism? This tv propoganda garbage I watched while waiting for Game of Chads showed that there's always hope for you to normalize!
>Cheer up! You'll find the right girl eventually. XDDDDDDD
Normie trash. If it were a true robot show it would go like this:
>Autistic teenage loser wakes up
>Parents are at work, gets ready by himself
>Goes to school, everyone makes fun of him. >Women avoid him because they don't wanna breathe in the loser aura
>gets bullied because the noises he makes when you hit him are funny
>Rides bus home, entire time escaping into imaginary plots where he shoots up his school to get back at the bullies
>gets home, parents still gone. Immediately escapes into online gaming
>Is autistically good at the game, but none of it matters because he has no friends to brag to
>Finishes homework, actually reads the books
>Masturbates furiously to hentai
>Goes to sleep
>Same shit next day, same shit for next decade
>>
>>39260197
He already had a job and it was a handjob not a. virginityjob.
>>
>>39262358
Every episode will be the same old shit with a slow and subtle progression into his eventual suicide. I would watch this.
>>
File: Death.gif (58KB, 225x537px) Image search: [Google]
Death.gif
58KB, 225x537px
>>39262358
This is true. Have another pic for your good post.

On the topic of the show itself: I like Sam. His face reminds me of Elliot. Most of his autism is believable, though it's hard for me to relate there since I have autism and he doesn't share my interests. His family sucks though and I don't understand how he survives their bullshit.
It makes sense that everything is a bit more interesting than a true robot's life, because it's fiction and fiction tries to condense as many experiences into one story as it can. It's no fun to see him struggle with flirting for ten episodes only to give up and kill himself in the season finale.
>>
File: Hermit.gif (39KB, 225x534px) Image search: [Google]
Hermit.gif
39KB, 225x534px
>>39262358
Just noticed your Hermit isn't pepe at all. I simply assumed it was. Here's hermit pepe anyway.
>>
>>39260197
And dates a Tumblroastie. And his mom cucks his dad and fucks Chad.
>>
>>39260016
"Even the assholes get girlfriends. It's easy for everyone but not me."
Not gonna lie that was pretty blackpill. The show is more normie oriented though, can't be a show completely for robots or else normies would just get extremely depressed, rate it low and stop watching.

The mind of a robot is much uglier.
>>
>>39260051
>>39260037
>>39260026
>>39260052
you guys should watch the show before commenting about it, the guy's immensely autistic and the show's physically painful to watch, I liked it though.
>>
File: 1501484063551.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501484063551.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>39260016
There will never be a show about an actual robot because normies can't resonate with an asocial autist. It would get boring very fast.
>>
>>39264456
imagine the cutaways to school shooting fantasies
I cant imagine anyone falling asleep during that.
>>
Been watching it, and I love it. Though the protagonist isn't a robot, he's still extremely autistic. Even many of the people here aren't as autistic as he is.
>>
>Ugly
>Wears the same clothes every day
>Wears fucking noise-cancelling headphones in public without music because he can't stand loud environments
>Freezer stocked with hashbrowns
>Favourite food is chicken tendies
>Hits himself when he's upset
>Attacks people who bother him
>Can't hold onto his own money
>People mock him to his face
>Can't smile
>Obsessed with penguins and the Antarctic
>>
>>39260016
I'll watch the first episode and post my thoughts
>>
>>39260840
OCD, bipolar disorder and anxiety are pretty obvious as well, that doesn't stop people from pretending to have it.
>>
>>39260736
>>39260651
>25+ old skank flirts with obviously autistic retard at the tech shop
>Laughs as he acts like a social moron
>Takes him home to prey on him and fuck him
>He spergs out when she's shirtless and trying to give him a handjob and he shoves her to the floor
>Runs out of the house
He is legitimately fucking autistic. He is barely high-functionining.
>>
>>39262568
I'd like a more chaotic destruction of his life
>>
>>39264624
>qt flirts with an autistic person for a laugh
>decides to take him home and fuck him because lol why not
This scenario has literally never happened
>>
>>39264827
>QT
Not only is she a fucking ugly bat, but she's way older than he is. She could tell he was legitimately retarded, and was trying to take advantage of him. It was rape.
>>
>>39264728
I'd rather a more elegant conclusion. A silent, unexpected suicide.
>>
>>39264597
Alright they got the autism part down, not really the robot stuff.
most of the characters are stereotypes, the cinematography is pretty plain and boring. I don't like the music but i guess it's just my taste. It's sorta funny, a few parts made me chuckle but it's not that good. It's pretty entertaining so far, i didn't get bored. And the main character is written really well, he looks like he is actually autistic, i don't think him not being a robot is a good criticism though.
>>
File: IMG_1420.jpg (36KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1420.jpg
36KB, 768x768px
>>39264863
>autistic = retarded
>sex with someone dumber than you is rape
Please be bait.
>>
>>39265011
It's illegal for the developmentally disabled to have sex because they are unable to consent
>>
File: 1502893883487.png (659KB, 976x848px) Image search: [Google]
1502893883487.png
659KB, 976x848px
>leaving normies in charge of literally anything
>>
>>39265048
>developmentally disabled
...which he isn't. He's a HIGH-FUNCTIONING autistic, not a fucking downie.
>>
File: IMG_0851.jpg (21KB, 461x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
21KB, 461x352px
>>39265058
Watching them eat their own is always entertaining.
>>
>>39260016
>Gets laid in the first episode
>Has a job in retail dealing with customers all day, probably good at it considering he hasn't been fired yet
>Has friends
>Whenever he does something completely autistic people dismiss it/ think he's awkward yet charming

I didn't get past the first episode and likely don't need to realise that this is pandering to normans. I've already seen this shit get praised by normies. Fuck off Netflix
>>
Why the fuck are all the character arcs in the first episode about fucking dating.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.