[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SE Asia expat thread no.2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 21

File: dating.jpg (196KB, 1410x1072px) Image search: [Google]
dating.jpg
196KB, 1410x1072px
I made one yesterday and it went pretty well.
Hopefully I'll be able to make one on a regular basis for the next few months leading to my departure for whatever destination I'll happen to pick in the end.

Some anon was very negative yesterday about Thai visa runs and costs.
I've researched the matter a bit more and he was partially right.
While not as expensive as he claimed, they can be quite annoying.
I can't see myself doing monthly border runs on shitty buses or wasting 100s of $$$ on plane tickets etc.

So I've switched to the Philippines as potential destination and here's a few things I've found out:

>ability to extend your stay on visa up to 16mo continuous stay for around 400-500USD price
>job opportunities especially for spanish/italian speakers
>cheaper average cost of living than Thailand
>english widespread and common
>Roman Catholic and especially SSPX heavy presence (I am a Sedevacantist so I won't frequent the N.O.)

CONS:
>fewer hookers/ladyboys and of inferior quality
>can get even hotter and humider than Thailand
>transportation can be a problem(haven't looked into it much)
>looks even dirtier and shittier than Thailand

As usual any input is appreciated, cheers
>>
>>39256598
why are they so mean to the girls in that picture? sound like good women tb h unironically
>>
>>39256685
It's the "western women are entitled landwhales" meme.

I'm also wondering if this type of threads wouldn't be better on another more normie/outgoing board such as .. idk /trv/ is a ghost town, /soc/ is dicks&tits, maybe /int/? or /bant/?
>>
>>39256598
>Second profile
>Goes on a dating site looking for friendship and to just talk

What the ever loving fuck? I'm trying to work out if she's just playing hard to get or if it's one big call for attention...maybe both
>>
>>39256883
>I'm trying to work out if she's just playing hard to get or if it's one big call for attention
Idk what app is that, it's not tinder maybe meetic or okcupid?
Having said that that's the strategy I'm planning on using for my dating attempts in the near future.
Act like I just want "friendship" or stuff like that
>>
File: 1501802575494.jpg (45KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501802575494.jpg
45KB, 479x720px
Flipanon here again.

Spanish hasn't been in use for decades except for historical documents. Many Spanish loanwords are incorporated in common speech, but I don't know where you got that information about translation jobs.

To avoid shitty areas, you're gonna have to pay up more for an apartment in a decent area. Even then, shittiness is still widespread.

As for transportation, I'm afraid I don't know much about what you plan to do, but most places of note are mostly in concentrated in one area: Makati CBD or Bonfacio Global City.
>>
>>39256947
And please, have some taste. Not all flips look like that. You can have so much better looking ones by virtue of being white. Christ.
>>
File: angeles-city-philippines.png (607KB, 703x419px) Image search: [Google]
angeles-city-philippines.png
607KB, 703x419px
>>39257026
>Spanish hasn't been in use for decades except for historical documents.
Yea no I've read about jobs at private companies/local divisions of corps and such or call centers/office relate jobs afaik but admittedly I haven't researched much, only read a few blog posts so far (not that I want to work anyway, but it'd be a plus to have the capability to if needed)

>shittiness is still widespread.
Yea kek even tourist spots have garbage piles just lying around and a shitton of beggars and shit

>Makati CBD or Bonfacio Global City.
I don't even know what those are?
The trifecta that gets brought up most is Angeles, Manila or Cebu desu
>>
>>39257061
>Not all flips look like that.
But a large chunk do
>You can have so much better looking ones by virtue of being white.
Yea it's just a humorous pic dude.
I know I can land the 0,1% hottest chicks realistically speaking as I'm quite attractive
>>
>>39256598
Anon, go to Thailand if you want to enjoy your day to day life, even if there are some additional hassles. Philippines might be cheaper but you get way less for your money. A lot of that is due to the utter lack of a middle class in pinoyland. There is such a stark divide between the rich and poor that public services, infrastructure, and even businesses are really horrible for everyday comfort. The rich can afford their own so the govt doesn't do shit.

In Thailand there is a wealth gap but there is a good size middle class that the govt and businesses cater to. In the Philippines you can't find a decent place to eat that isn't aimed at the wealthy, and the poor-people restaurants aside from fast food are utter shitshows. In Thailand you can eat good, cheap street food because people of all classes do it.

Petty theft and crime is way higher in the Philippines too because of how much poverty there is and the Spanish catholic influence believe it or not was a horrible thing for the country. Buddhist countries by comparison have a way less confrontational and aggressive culture.

Taxis in philippines are unaffordable as a regular expense, basically no public transport, and a mess of jeepneys and trikes. Bangkok taxis are way cheaper, a clean subway, etc.

If the hassles of visa renewals and such are really that important I'd say you can enjoy Philippines but be prepared for a lower standard of living or more costly expenses for luxuries.

I'm biased as hell and Thai but I've lived in both countries.
>>
File: 1501471263961.jpg (75KB, 642x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501471263961.jpg
75KB, 642x720px
>>39257116
Here's a good website for more research material:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Philippines

>Yea kek even tourist spots have garbage piles just lying around and a shitton of beggars and shit
Never saw any of that while walking home from the surrounding areas of Glorietta.

>The trifecta that gets brought up most is Angeles, Manila or Cebu desu

No fucking wonder. Those places are crappy tourist traps. Angeles and Cebu are pronvinces, not cities and Manila id an overcrowded shithole teeming with shit people. I'm assuming somewhere clean and civilized would better suit abd ease your acclimation to third world living.
>>
File: 1502070906647.jpg (163KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502070906647.jpg
163KB, 480x480px
>>39257179
Basically this. Stay away from this shithole if you can.
>>
>>39257179
I'm with this guy. I'm the guy from the thread yesterday who answered your questions about Bangkok and this guy is on point.
Sure, visa runs can get annoying but you actually have to do them every 3 months, not every month if you're on a tourist visa. Tourist visas are for 2 months + an extension of 1 month done in the immigration bureau for the cost of 1800 baht (~50 USD).
And there's more visa options besides the tourist ones, mainly work visas or education visas. Research them. Have you been to thaivisa.com?
>>
>>39257116
>Makati CBD or Bonifacio Global City
Business districts. People who go there actually look like decent human beings.

>Angeles, Manila or Cebu
This is where you get shit-looking prostitutes. Cebu is at least a good tourist destination.
>>
>>39257179
Much of what you say is true but not on point with what *I* am looking for.
>if you want to enjoy your day to day life
But I'm basically a hermit
>even if there are some additional hassles
Yea the border runs are a no go bro.
BUT GOOD NEWS! Thailand is really close so you can vacation there even 1mo at the time from the Philippines. Soooo

>you get way less for your money
true

>public services, infrastructure, and even businesses are really horrible for everyday comfort.
I live in abject poverty NOW so I really don't care

>a decent place to eat
But I don't eat. And when I do I eat shitty cheap simple meals like rice or pasta or a simple piece of meat with lettuce and tomatoes

>In Thailand you can eat good, cheap street food because people of all classes do it.

Right Asian food disgusts me anyway so idc

>the Spanish catholic influence believe it or not was a horrible thing for the country.
As I said I'm Catholic so I don't see your point apart from idiotic calvin-atheistic gibberish about "wealth" "productivity" "success" "modernity" which I all despise and utterly reject anyway.
>Buddhist countries by comparison have a way less confrontational and aggressive culture.
You mean outgoing and polite as the Philippines are universally praised as being.
Versus the insect-like autism from other asians

>If the hassles of visa renewals and such are really that important
Well I mean it's really a hassle. If it was like the Philippines as a regimen then ofc Thailand would be better. But the prospect of always having to worry about renewals and visa runs annoys me alot.
I read about fake-studying Thai with a studen visa as an exploit though. But how expensive are this language courses?

>more costly expenses for luxuries.
Such as what? My only luxury atm is my tv and pc I guess? I'm sure buying shit off gearbest is not a problem in either country

>I'm(...)Thai
Right. That really explains alot.
>>
>>39257267
>Glorietta.
Is that a town?
>Angeles and Cebu are pronvinces, not cities
Angeles City is NOT a city??
And yea I know Cebu is an island

>I'm assuming somewhere clean and civilized would better suit abd ease your acclimation to third world living.
Clean and civilized usually means "expensive" though

>>39257358
> have to do them every 3 months, not every month if you're on a tourist visa. Tourist visas are for 2 months + an extension of 1 month done in the immigration bureau for the cost of 1800 baht (~50 USD).
The whole process is unclear to me, and something about "land" visa runs being limited to 15-30 days popped up while browsing.

I don't know
>>
>>39257405
There are "companies" that take care of the visa run for you. Will just cost you some money.
>>
>>39257464
>There are "companies" that take care of the visa run for you.
I've read about travel agencies doing that for a relatively small fee.
Basically they gather the passports and then have some shady guys run over the border and use corrupt immigration officers to stamp the damn things
>>
>>39257484
Correct. I know a few people that did/do it like that. Should be cheaper and easier than going yourself.
>>
>>39257455
>not cities

Whoops. I mean to say that these areas are not at all developed for someone used to city living.

Well, cleanliness and civility is apparently a luxury in my shitty country. My city has some semi-decent aparments buy theyre going to be expensive.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Makati

Don't know much about Thailand, but it seems much better from what that anon said.
>>
File: 1.jpg (39KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39KB, 400x399px
>>39257558
I think you have an inferiority complex dude.
>someone used to city living.
I don't even live in a city, I live in a small town in a shitty apartment.
>semi-decent aparments buy theyre going to be expensive.
What do you even mean by "semi decent".
As long as it's a furnished not rotting apartment it's fine by me. As I said CONSTANTLY I'm poor and really humble person.

Now to be honest some things I need such as an actual bed and A/C (because of the damn heat) but apart from those I don't care much.
>http://wikitravel.org/en/Makati

I hate these tourist focused sites, they concentrate on "eating out" and nice activities etc.
I don't do shit, never eat out or barely eat at all and just shitpost all day on 4chan.
>>
File: 1501657917318.png (118KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1501657917318.png
118KB, 404x404px
>>39257672
Why even bother moving to another country to shitpost on 4chan? Just live within your means in your country. Achieving the standard of living you're used to (I'm just assuming here, I basically think America is just suburb utopia most of the time) is like I said before, a luxury. You'll end up spending more and generally just waste time and effort. Coming here would be a mistake.
>>
Well I guess if you've got your mind made up you're gonna stick to it. I don't mean to paint the Philippines so negatively because there are a lot of positive qualities, it's just not a very good place to live for most westerners unless they are willing to make significant sacrifices.

But you also sound like a person who is very set in a certain mindset and not very adventurous which will cause you to become bitter and entitled whether you choose thailand or philippines; basically the kind of expat that natives hate. I hope you don't become like that.
>>
>>39257455
>The whole process is unclear to me
You get a tourist visa in a Thai embassy in the country of your residence. You arrive in Thailand. Now you have 2 months of legal stay. At the end of those 2 months, you go to the nearest immigration bureau and fill in an easy form, apply for an extension to your visa, pay 1800 baht and get a stamp in your passport. Bam, now you have an additional month in Thailand.
At the end of that month, you go to a Thai embassy/consulate in Vientianne, Savannakhet or Cambodia - those are the easiest options by land. You apply for a new Visa, stay the night in the city and get your passport with a new visa in it the next day. You go back to Thailand and the whole proccess repeats itself.
You can also apply for a multiple entry visa, usually 2 entries - that's what I got at least. That means that you spend the 2 months, get an extension and then instead of going to a Thai consulate abroad, you just have to cross the nearest border to get a stamp in your passport. It makes the whole process easier and shorter.
Like some anon said there's plenty of companies that take care of it. It's really easy even though it sounds complicated and it is a hassle. Then again I really liked my visa runs, had some great times in Savannakhet. It's like a little adventure and you get to see a new country and meet new people.
But yeah an education visa or obviously ideally a work permit is the most conveniant way.
I know this sounds complicated at first so if you have questions, shoot.
>>
File: august032017-1.jpg (51KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
august032017-1.jpg
51KB, 465x700px
>>39257883
>Why even bother moving to another country to shitpost on 4chan?
To do other stuff INSTEAD of rotting away on 4chan.
>Just live within your means in your country.
If only it were so easy.
You cannot, hence why lots of people live in abject poverty in the west. The cost of living is so high you cannot even survive on minimum wage if you live alone. Hence partially this boards' mentality. Are you new?

>Achieving the standard of living you're used to
What standard of living? Air conditioning, electricity, running water and not starving to death?

>a luxury.
I think you have a very distorted idea of both life in the west and your own financial condition in your own country.
Judging by expat's blog you can live very decently on 300 to 500$ in the Philippines with basic comforts

>just waste time and effort. Coming here would be a mistake.
Trying stuff is never a waste. Experiences grow you as a person and change your outlook on life. Living for the sake of *subsisting* (which is what the majority of neets and even normies do) is what's a waste of time, life and energy.
>>
>>39257977
Didn't you just say you were a hermit, didn't want to try new food, and called Asian people autistic insects? Good luck trying to enjoy any country at that rate.
>>
>>39257929
No offense taken, thaianon. I know my country is mostly shit.

>>39257672
I estimate the rent for most places in my area are around 15 - 35k PHP (300 - 700 USD) without utilities. It's kinda expensive here. Our electricity rate is among the highest in Asia, meaning your constantly running AC will cost you a fortune.
>>
>>39257929
>it's just not a very good place to live for most westerners
Again I'm not sure what you think westerners are like
> significant sacrifices.
SUCH AS???

>not very adventurous
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I've done quite a lot of things in my time, including living in Japan, and all sorts of initiatives.
If you mean not very outgoing and CRAYZEY looking for ADVENTURE then yes I'm not at all.
I'm a very simple and basic person, pretty content with the few small things I get.

>will cause you to become bitter and entitled whether you choose thailand or philippines

I'm not sure I follow your line of thinking at all.
A modest, humble person with no entitlement=bitter and entitled somehow?

>>39257938
Yes that was my understanding till the anon brought up crazy high costs and shenanigans couple with this mysterious "land" limitations I stumbled into yesterday.
I'll research the travel agency scam further and if it's that easy and doable with few risks I guess there's that.

>>39258039
>a hermit
Yes I've been living the neet/hermit life for the past several months. I never was very outgoing or enjoyed normie activities.
>didn't want to try new food
I don't enjoy eating or spicy stuff. I eat my bowl of rice or pasta and my meat and veggies. I'm not sure why I HAVE TO try stuff or ENJOY the exotic new food and shit to be happy desu

>Good luck trying to enjoy any country at that rate.
Again, you equate being happy with "doing stuff", "trying stuff" and accomplishing things. You're super normie in that regard, the imperative to DO DO DO and get STIMULI permeating your entire forma mentis

>called Asian people autistic insects
Yes EA and the majority of SEA people appear to us as autistic insects, and that is very true in my experience.
>>39258071
>No offense taken, thaianon. I know my country is mostly shit.
Stop being a cuck pinoy dude
>the rent for most places in my area are around 15 - 35k PHP (300 - 700 USD) without utilities.
That's crazy expensive
>>
>>39258071
Thaianon again. When I lived in Philippines it was in an Airbnb that worked out to about $250 with utilities. I only ran the AC at night and was out all day most days. It was the top floor of a house in Santa Rosa, gated neighborhood. It was comfy enough, I usually ate indomie or lucky me in the morning, and out at bonchon or something at night if no one invited me to eat Filipino food at their house.

But I hated whenever I had to travel to Makati or rent a hotel. and there are barely any public facilities or parks, public spaces. That really sucks about the Philippines.
>>
Why do so many people skip vietnam when they talk about moving to SEA. It's still very cheap and Hanoi is a top tier city.
>>
File: 455881482.jpg (414KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
455881482.jpg
414KB, 1024x683px
>>39258542
>Why do so many people skip vietnam when they talk about moving to SEA
I did not, I mentioned it in my first thread.
This one focuses on the Philippines because Vietnam seems to have a shitty visa system like if not worse than Thailand's.
Plus I haven't researched it much, but it seems to be the cheapest of the 3 for sure.
>>39258502
>about $250 with utilities.
Yes this seems more reasonable and in line with what smart expats tend to spend.
>>
>>39258165
>mysterious "land" limitations I stumbled into yesterday.
No idea what that's supposed to be, never heard of it.
>the travel agency scam
It's not really a scam, they just take a group of people in a van and bring them to the border. It's just an organized trip. Never heard of them taking just passports so I can't comment on the validity of that.

Now I have to say that the anon you're arguing has some good points. I loved Thailand because I was eager to explore and experience it. Doesn't seem like that's the case with you.
And calling SE Asians "autistic insects" is just plain retarded and I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>39256883
Women have to say that so they don't feel bad about being on a hook-up app.
>>
>>39257026

Spic trapped in a white country here: i paid for tinder to swipe in Manila and got surprised about how many matches i got, the girls literally confused me for a native and are really nice seriously considering in moving there since here the only thing i can get is entitled landwhales and single moms. And i am mainly attracted to petite girls not to towers.

English is enough for getting a job there right?
>>
>>39256598
I never understood the whole "full-time mommy" thing on Tinder. If you're full-time, how do you support yourself?
>>
>>39258782

Also i speak Spanish, but according to you its useless.
>>
File: dawn yang19.jpg (34KB, 416x580px) Image search: [Google]
dawn yang19.jpg
34KB, 416x580px
>>39258640
>No idea what that's supposed to be, never heard of it.
Basically limits on the amount of land based visa runs and/or fewer extension days for land based ones or somesuch
>they just take a group of people in a van and bring them to the border.
Right then we're talking about different things altogether. What you mean is STILL a normal visa run just a cheaper but shittier experience

>I was eager to explore and experience it
Again I'm not sure what this ever so vague notion of "adventure" and "doing stuff" comes from
Unless you mean getting smashed and banging ladyboys or somesuch.

Whenever I lived abroad I lived as a local, but compatibly with my personality.
I had my apt in Tokyo and used to walk around visit places and chit chat with whomever I could, sightseeing etc.

I'm not sure what you normies think you are SUPPOSED to do, I guess it's partying and trying out crazy shit at all costs to *feel* like you're getting your $$$ worth of "stuff" and "memories" because you live like that.

>calling SE Asians "autistic insects" is just plain retarded and I'm not sure what you're trying to say here
It's not though, it's an apt comparison, which you would know if you spent any time in asia outiside of ladyboy's drunken moon parties in thailand.
The average asian shares many traits with an autistic caucasian. There's a cultural and genetic component to this, which is the reason western-raised and western influenced (like pinoys) seem to be less affected
>>
>>39258542
I liked Hanoi. Good food and nice city atmosphere. Like a less developed bangkok. A bit cleaner too.

>>39258165
>I'm not sure what you think westerners are like
I'm Thai by ethnicity but I've lived in the US for more than 20 years now.
>>
>>39258782
>i paid for tinder to swipe in Manila
You could have spoofed your location for free using surrogates or emulators
>are really nice
Yes it seems they are, and I suppose if they saw you as a local then they werent (all/most) golddiggers or whores
>And i am mainly attracted to petite girls not to towers.
the average pinay seem to be like a mestiza height wise but much less curvy/thicc
>English is enough for getting a job there right?
Well the average salary is very low and it doesn't seem to be easy to get a job as a foreigner, the exceptions I mentioned were "exploiting" your westerness
>>
>>39259015
>I'm Thai by ethnicity but I've lived in the US for more than 20 years now.

Ok can you go into detail on the sacrifices you mentioned a "westerner" would have to make and what do you got from your 20y stay in the US as to how the average westerner is like?
>>
>>39258889
>Again I'm not sure what this ever so vague notion of "adventure" and "doing stuff" comes from
From the fact that from what you're saying, you just wanna sit in your apartment shitposting on 4chan, only in a different country than now. Why move if you don't wanna "do stuff"? And why do you identify "doing stuff" with partying? You're clearly very insecure and throwing accustions and assumptions only makes you seem retarded.
>>
>>39256598
>expat
You mean "immigrant". You're not there for a business deal.
>>
>>39259224
>An expatriate (often shortened to expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than that of their citizenship.
>>
>>39256598
>I'm a Sedevacantist so I won't frequent the N.O.

And yet you're doing sex tourism in SE Asia?

Typical sedevacantist.
>>
File: ThaiLadyboy.jpg (35KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
ThaiLadyboy.jpg
35KB, 267x400px
>>39259175
>From the fact that from what you're saying, you just wanna sit in your apartment shitposting on 4chan
That's not the case, in fact I mentioned moving to stop doing that.
But even so, what would be WRONG about that?
>only in a different country than now
Yes and a much cheaper one where I could support myself much more easily than now.

>Why move if you don't wanna "do stuff"?
What "stuff"?
And because as I literally mentioned in my first post it's cheap and it would probably lead me to try new things and stop this cycle of stagnation

Let's assume I wanna move to wherever to just sit on my ass all day, shitpost, and bang a tranny each night.
Is there something WRONG with that?
Or let's say I end up volunteering at a SSPX chapel and whatnot, spending my days in spartan spiritual contemplation. Again is that IDIOTIC because I don't wanna take a boat to phuck tao island to visit some buddhist temple or some shit?
I have no idea wtf you guys are on about desu.

>And why do you identify "doing stuff" with partying?
Because it's incredibly clear you're both ultra normies and are being extremely vague about all this "stuff" I am supposed to do, so it's afair assumption

>You're clearly very insecure
Standard copout pavlovian response
>and throwing accustions
Such as what?
> and assumptions
Why the FUCK then you don't ACTUALLY TELL what the fuck you mean?

>only makes you seem retarded.
Oh gee I am coming off as retarded on /r9k/ what am I gonna do now
Did you get pissy bc of the insect thing mr normie?
>>
>>39259270
>And yet you're doing sex tourism in SE Asia?
Who mentioned sex tourism?
In fact I don't plan on doing that at all.
>Typical sedevacantist.
Matt Forney 2.0 :)
>>
>>39259367
OP post listed "Fewer hookers/ladyboys and of inferior quality" as a "con".

HENCE...
>>
>>39259347
>But even so, what would be WRONG about that?
Nothing wrong, but it's not as easy as just moving there. There's issues like visa and supporting yourself and you don't seem to want to put the necessary work in.
>being extremely vague about all this "stuff" I am supposed to do
Like some anon before said, you don't care for food, you don't care for the people and you just seem annoyed by the whole prospect of moving. By "stuff" I mean anything, walking around, eating, seeing places, just experiencing the new country. And if by "experiences" you understand "partying", well that's just your own insecurites acting up.
I got pissy because of the normie thing. You don't know me, don't know my experiences and I don't appreciate being accused of being some fucking normie chad. I've been incredibly kind and helpful to you and being called names is not really something I expect in return.
>>
File: thai-filipina-ladyboys.jpg (39KB, 457x460px) Image search: [Google]
thai-filipina-ladyboys.jpg
39KB, 457x460px
>>39259452
>OP post listed "Fewer hookers/ladyboys and of inferior quality" as a "con".
>HENCE...
Oh yea it goes back to my thread from yesterday where I talked about wanting to witness this fabled "night life" experience and all the crazy stories firsthand since I can't stop hearing about it from people irl who've been to thailand.
But I also talked at lenght how I'm not interested in engaging in it and not only for ethical reasons.
In addition to that, in OP I was trying to take an objective, informative approach (as I do in general) so that OTHERS may benefit from the outlook more than me personally.

In fact if you notice whenever I go in some detail about stuff I actuall enjoy and how I am like I get shit by normies because I'm boring and introvert
>>
>>39259531
>but it's not as easy as just moving there.
I know and agree as you yourself seem to aknowlege right afterwards:
>ou don't seem to want to put the necessary work in

Which is not even true, I was merely talking about the prospect of constant visa runs forever, which again brings us back to the OP and to the Philippines as an alternative
>you just seem annoyed by the whole prospect of moving.
See above
>By "stuff" I mean anything, walking around, eating, seeing places, just experiencing the new country.
And I mentioned NOT wanting that where?
In fact I exactly described that kinda life style about my Japan expat experience
Again not that it matters.

>And if by "experiences" you understand "partying", well that's just your own insecurites acting up
This coming from a guy who gets pissed by being called a normie. Dude take a break and think back on your entire argument.

>I've been incredibly kind and helpful to you and being called names
Yes you have, and I thanked you many times.
But calling you "normie" is not offensive and moreover you TECHNICALLY are one. And I'm not just saying that because you do POSSESS the normie forma mentis as amply shown (hint: your banging adventures).
>>
>>39259060

Mestizas are no taller than 1.6m, enough for me.

>seem to be easy to get a job as a foreigner

I should work harder for becoming a freelance.
>>
>>39257026

What do you think of Boracay flipanon?
>>
>>39256598
>>39257405
>>39257672
>>39257977
>>39258165
>>39258889
>>39259347
>>39259367
>>39259569
>>39259694
This is the kind of person that people think of when they think of sleazy, entitled expats.

Sorry anon, but people tried to give you actual advice and you were defensive and combative at almost every turn. Almost everyone replying to you is from or lived in these countries and you dismiss any tips because you assume they're ultra normies and won't understand your ascetic robot lifestyle.

You have a massive neckbeard vibe which is different and worse than just being a robot. Your answers are contradictory; you deride people for telling you to branch out of your comfort zone AND for asking why you would want to be a shitposting shut-in abroad.
>>
>>39260004
>This is the kind of person that people think of when they think of sleazy, entitled expats.
Yes I'm sure everybody thinks of someone who can't reiterate how he literally is not entitled at all when they think entitled.
Fuck off thaifag
>people tried to give you actual advice
And I thanked those, read their posts and commented on it.

>you were defensive and combative at almost every turn
No I was not. The "dude bro you gotta do shit" (without going into any detail about the aforemention shit that needs to be done) posts are what I was in disagreement with

>Almost everyone replying to you is from or lived in these countries and you dismiss any tips

WHAT TIPS MOTHERFUCKER?

>you assume they're ultra normies and won't understand your ascetic robot lifestyle.

So this is how it goes:
>dude u need to X, won't have X if you move
>me: Idc about such things
get shitted on

You went:
>dude thailand is best pinoy is shit!!!11
I went: ok but stuff&things
I get shit on

>You have a massive neckbeard vibe

Fuck off, I don't CARE about fucking thai food or whatever shit you're peddling, I guess that makes me a neckbeard and i SHOULD just off myself
Can't catch a break I guess.

>telling you to branch out of your comfort zone
Right thing is you can fuck off with this shit.
Is it normal to you to go on a thread about the technical aspect of something and just get pissed when guy doesn't want to do what you're telling him to?
What kinda entitled moron does that?

>asking why you would want to be a shitposting shut-in abroad.

I never even said anything like this.

Holy shit you know what?

Fuck this threads and fuck 4chan I'm gonna post elsewhere.

Fucking crazy autists
>>
File: 1502780304338.jpg (86KB, 469x428px) Image search: [Google]
1502780304338.jpg
86KB, 469x428px
>>39260004
>Sorry anon, but people tried to give you actual advice and you were defensive and combative at almost every turn.
i actually think he may be a master troll
>>
>>39260187
You're an autistic retard. You're not gonna make it.
>Fuck this threads and fuck 4chan I'm gonna post elsewhere.
Good. Stay out.
>>
File: pgxAQKR.jpg (158KB, 517x705px) Image search: [Google]
pgxAQKR.jpg
158KB, 517x705px
If anyone has any questions on Vietnam or Thailand just let me know and I can give some insight because I lived in Vietnam for a year and visited Thailand and Cambodia quite a bit
>>
>>39260566
What did you do there for work?
Where in Vietnam? How much did you earn, what were the costs? How's the girls there? Dating?
Would you say its a good place to move to in 2-3 years from now?
>>
>>39256598
>What did you do there for work?
taught English to middle school kids at an international school
>Where in Vietnam? How much did you earn, what were the costs? How's the girls there? Dating?
I was in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh), earned about $25,000 USD for my salary, and costs are incredibly low too. Groceries are cheap as hell but there are so many food vendors that you can get a full meal from for only a dollar it's incredible. Also it's best to get your own motorbike to get around and they usually come really cheap but otherwise you can Uber across town for a dollar or two. As for the girls, I never really tried but being a white American definitely helped me at least grab their attention more.
>Would you say its a good place to move to in 2-3 years from now?
From what I've learned Vietnam is getting better and better by the year especially in the urban areas. Hope this helps a tad
>>
>>39260820
Nice, thanks for answering.
>taught English to middle school kids at an international school
Do you have any sort of a degree?
Is it easy to get a visa?
>From what I've learned Vietnam is getting better and better by the year especially in the urban areas.
Yeah that's what I've been reading a lot lately and why it's on my radar as a possible destination.
How long did you spend there?
You said you got a motorbike, I take it the public transport isn't great then?
>>
>>39259367
>>39259347
>>39258629
>>39258165
>>39257672
>>39257116

holy crap those are some pretty gross girls. Is that really what you want OP? Why don't you go to a respectable Asian country like Japan or Korea?
>>
>>39257405
>asian food disgusts me
Honestly, if you think trivial things like visa runs are too much effort, and you don't even want to engage with local culture, why even go? you can just be a hermit in a cheap place in the united states. rent an apartment in bumfuck arkansas and everything will be so much easier.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.