[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like we're at the tipping point before

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14

File: lxe2pv0suhbz.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lxe2pv0suhbz.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
Does anyone else feel like we're at the tipping point before things start to get truly bizarre?

>VR
>mass automation and basic income
>Mars exploration
>meme President
>unending 'wars' that only a minority of the public even understands
>>
>>39256002
We are headed for a cyberpunk dystopian future OP, but we wont get any of the cool technology that comes with it.
Just lots of political corruption, wealth inequality and social unrest.
Its gonna fucking succ
>>
>>39256002
You forgot climate change and the end of oil. I can't wait for it to happen, the 21st century is gonna be a hinge century.
But yea, things are gonna get pretty weird, especially when people are gonna start fighting for basic ressources like food&water
>>
>>39256168
>people are gonna start fighting for basic ressources like food&water

We aren't exactly running out
>>
>>39256229
Well with the rapidly increasing population water may become scarce, ice caps melt into the ocean leaving us with less fresh water every day, if we don't find fuel alternatives it's gonna be hard to filter it down
>>
>>39256229
Depends on where you are. We're losing a lot of farmable lands to sea/deserts while the population is still growing fast.
Ressources distribution is what's shitty
>>
>>39256394
real life hunger games?
>>
>>39256384
Water is only scarce in places with desert like conditions.
Most people would just migrate somewhere else with more rainfall.
Although a larger population will be a genuine problem. Either the govt steps in and tells people to stop fucking each other like rabbits or we are going to all have to fight each other for resources.
>>
>>39256002
I think we're seeing the peak before everything collapses desu.
>>
>>39256450
Yea, literal hunger games. Not everybody will be involved though: with the rich getting richer, they might be able to save their asses
>>
>>39256453
You forgot about acid rains. I used to live in Indonesia, it rains buckets half of the year but *clean* water is the real problem
>>
File: future so bright wear shades.jpg (94KB, 470x427px) Image search: [Google]
future so bright wear shades.jpg
94KB, 470x427px
It's the future everyone has wanted.

Now we just have to witness it, seeing as we can do absolutely fucking nothing to change it.

Just enjoy the fun part of the ride while it lasts, anons.
>>
>>39256229
>We aren't exactly running out

That's not the issue. We have very large populations that depend on specific agricultural sources and the convenience of assembly lines and other means of mass production. If some sort of disaster or economic or social crisis hits, agricultural entities may not be able to manage suitable levels of production anymore. This means no more easily mass produced foods being stocked in grocery chains, which means people dependent on our current consumerist lifestyle will not survive.
>>
File: read a book nigga.jpg (92KB, 1072x327px) Image search: [Google]
read a book nigga.jpg
92KB, 1072x327px
>>39256229

My dude, you better fucking educate yourself on the realities of climate change

The biggest issue isn't just things getting warmer on average, but that these trends in warming effect much larger things, namely: jet streams above in the air, and deep currents in the ocean below

Where these currents flow determines ALL that we know to be as weather.
When these things shift? All of the weather will shift, everywhere, simultaneously around the globe.
It is guaranteed at this point that these are going to shift, dramatically

Deserts will get rain
Arable plains will become arid
Areas which never experienced tornadoes will have them

They're saying the arctic caps are receding faster than anticipated as well, which means rising sea level. Forget, for a moment, the image of places like Tokyo, London, San Francisco, or Manhattan flooding

Instead imagine salt water surging up through rivers, into freshwater environments, inundating fresh water aquifers and water tables. Killing any and all wildlife that relies on rivers and creeks. Rainwater will no longer be viable once it touches the ground, once the saltwater has gotten in.
To where fresh water is only available either directly from mountain spring sources (assuming your local mountain will get a suitable volume of snow, if any, anymore), or from desalinization plants

Neither mountain springs nor desalinization plants are prepared to compensate for the loss of other sources
Agriculture, between the effects of fresh water scarcity, salt water contamination, warmer average temps, and shifting climate, will see huge losses. We're talking globally, simultaneously, crop losses over 10% and more

So what...we'll just turn to the ocean for food?
The oceans whose wildlife and fish populations are already struggling?
In an ocean that is becoming more acidic by the day?

The only people who will be able to survive are those who can use technology in isolation
Namely, indoor agriculture near the mountains
>>
>>39256082
>We are headed for a cyberpunk dystopian future
this.
and it won't be like Akira, It's just going to be shitty, and shittier.
>>
>>39256002
I'm with you. Reality is not feeling so "real" these days.
>>
File: Tracer Tong.png (390KB, 548x503px) Image search: [Google]
Tracer Tong.png
390KB, 548x503px
Yep, shit's fucked. Tear it all down and start over.
>>
>>39257004
>not going with the Helios ending
>>
I don't think anything too vast will happen in our lifetimes. Perhaps towards the end though.
>>
>>39257271

You are wrong.

This shit here
>>39256949
Is going to happen within the next three to four decades.

Maybe sooner.
>>
>>39257316
>I am wrong

How so? Wow a meme man is president xddd
>>
>the generation born to witness the end of the world
what do you think fucking world war 2 was cunt
>>
>>39256082
headed? we're pretty much already there. what with oppressive megacorps openly punishing wrongthink and shit.
>>
>>39256949
This isn't actually going to happen though
>>
>>39256949
Good post fampai. I'm glad someone else here is informed. Are you one of the other Anons that also frequents ATS?
>>
>>39258610
>ATS

What?
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>39256002
>tfw one day I will live in a McDonald's tower such as the one in that pic and eat Happy Meals every day
>>
>>39256229
>running out of water when overpopulation is clearly not gonna be a problem in the future
do you even know where water comes from? lol
>>
>and basic income
lmao no
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (31KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
31KB, 480x424px
>>39259817
Does eating happy meals make you happy ?
>>
File: 1498009093384.png (60KB, 871x195px) Image search: [Google]
1498009093384.png
60KB, 871x195px
>>39256082
You don't understand, anon
We've already arrived
>>
>>39260096
They're called happy meals for a reason.
>>
WE'RE ALL SO FUCKED. WE'RE GONNA DIE REALLY FUCKING SOON.
>>
>>39258524
that's right goy nothing to see here, keep stuffing your face with fast food and buying junk from walmart.
>>
So ready player one in a few years?
>>
>>39256002
how is VR even remotely bizare? It's just a fucking screen in your face.
>>
>>39260098
>tfw going to an underground knife fight and eating noodles with augmented criminals is right around the corner
>>
>>39257333
You are originally an idiot who is originally going to die.
>>
>>39256453
>Most people would just migrate somewhere else with more rainfall.
Oh, so you mean like a massive refugee crisis? Like the one which has already provoked the rise of nationalist politics in Europe, except even larger?
>>
>>39260222
mfw they start adding chemicals to our food to make us docile
>>
File: alexjones.jpg (229KB, 1037x583px) Image search: [Google]
alexjones.jpg
229KB, 1037x583px
>>39261209
>mfw they start adding chemicals to the water to turn the frogs gay
>>
>>39256002
>>unending 'wars' that only a minority of the public even understands
thats how its always been though
the thing that actually frightens me is AI and its applications for mass surveillance. people may not be able to do or think anything without google and the nsa already knowing of it
>>
File: double.png (1MB, 1026x532px) Image search: [Google]
double.png
1MB, 1026x532px
>>39261238
>everyone freaks out because the bees stopped banging flowers
>alex says it is bad that the same thing could happen to frogs
>lolzers what a flat moon conspiracy theoriest retard
>>
>>39261335
I wonder when the Government will start cutting back funding of libraries saying they provide a redundant function. I also wonder if anyone will care.
>>
File: wot a shame.jpg (6KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
wot a shame.jpg
6KB, 187x250px
>tfw we're living in a cyberpunk future but it's really lame

Feels bad man.
>>
>>39256082
pretty much this.
But with more crappy mass surveillance technology. See facebook, buying fucking oculus.
>>
>>39256949
>look at all these things that won't happen in our lifetime or won't have too big of an impact
Can you stop fear mongering now, you retard ? Who gives a fuck ? We'll be dead by the time it ever becomes significant, we are robots, we won't have children. Why should we give a fuck about roasties and their stupid children and muh future generations?
>>
>>39256453
> the govt steps in and tells people to stop fucking each other like rabbits

holy fuckin shit is this why eu imports millions of hungry thirsty savagaes that breed like rabbits and produce nothing???
The future is grim and very very dark i only hope i die before i see true despair,
>>
>>39261335
>thats how its always been though

Everyone understood WWII. The average Amerifat probably has no clue wtf is going on in Afghanistan
>>
File: 1502936573162.jpg (15KB, 310x283px) Image search: [Google]
1502936573162.jpg
15KB, 310x283px
>>39256082
......yeah i was thinking of a witty comment that would basicly say wat this guys said....but yea i agree with that in a nuttshell
>>
File: tumblr_n22rvqe7zP1relncyo1_500.gif (871KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n22rvqe7zP1relncyo1_500.gif
871KB, 500x300px
>>39256002
yea at first it was funny then it felt kinda like we were in a movie and that was kinda cool but now....now its just getting to real and weird
>>
>>39256002
It's bizarre if you were clinging to the past. We all know that technology and culture is accelerating at a pretty alarming rate.

It's still baffling though, you're right. I thought people were traditional enough that they wouldn't want a big mouth rude man as the Prez. I didn't think that Amazon (well not specifically Amazon, more all of that Elon Musk business) and Google would be science-fiction corporations of power and intrigue.

Basically, OP, you're very right. Things have actually been unusual for the past few thousand years, and they're only going to get weirder...
>>
>>39256002
>meme President
>unending 'wars' that only a minority of the public even understands

Not new.
>>
will euthenasia eventually be available for anyone over 18 be in america one day in out lifetime

god that would be great
>>
>>39263360
Actually it is in certain states, look up "physicisan assisted suicide."
>>
>>39263392
*physician
>>
File: jut4wqjdwstvpuatywol.jpg (40KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
jut4wqjdwstvpuatywol.jpg
40KB, 800x450px
>already getting old
>stuck in the past
>future looks bleak

who really cares life will be suffering and humiliation nomatter what

and it's funny how people hate manchildren when that's really all the culture is aside from sex music and dead religion.
>>
>guys we need to revolt
>nah it's not that bad yet
>guys we REALLY need to revolt
>no way, these are just temporary bad changes that can be fixed through democracy
>this is our last chance to revolt
>haha wow edgy
>WE REALLY REALLY NEED TO REVOLT
>are you questioning the government? I'll have to report you!
I warned you, you didn't listen. This is the future you chose.
>>
>>39263392
i mean without a terminal illness
>>
>>39263497
No you can do it without a terminal illness.
>>
>>39263537
thats not true in all five states you have to have 6 months to live
>>
Whatever, let it all rot and burn. I just want to live long enough to see humanity experience as much pain and turmoil as possible until I shoot myself so I don't have to experience the pain of the apocalypse. Our whole species is a giant meme stain on the planet and we've accomplished nothing but bigger ans better ways to hurt each other and kill the environment. We've long overstayed our welcome and our come uppence is due.
>>
>>39264276
how reliable is shooting yourself? especailly if you lived with your parents even if an amulance got there immediataly after which isnimpossble would a shotgun slug to the forehead work? i dont see how people can be calm when doing it
>>
>>39264344
Depends. There are right ways and wrong ways to kill yourself, especially when it comes to using a firearms. If you aim wrong, there's a good chance you end up lobotomising yourself and existing for the rest of your life as a drooling retard or a vegetable. Shotguns are more effective but even then there a lot cases of peole blowing off their whole face, jaw, and the front of their brain and still surviving. The human body is difficult to kill. Best thing to do is do as much research as possible. Best way is to aim the gun so that the bullet travels through the center of your brain as much as possible (I could be wrong).

For location, best thing to do would be travel as far away from home as possible and shoot yourself in the middle of the woods/nowhere someplace. Get as far away as possible but also do it as quickly as possible before the police either find you with a firearm or the search party gets you. If you commit the act on public property, responsibility of cleanup falls on the state. If it's on private property, whoever owns it has to clean it up or pay a cleanup agency.
>>
>>39264784
i know ill be called an edgy retard but id have trouble doing it myself because i feel like it would fail and dude the thought of the recoil clashing against your teeth and having brain damage makes me weary butbgetting shot maybe 15 times by someone deep in woods doesnt seem bad if only it was possible to pay someone to do that one day. life isnt bad but i dont wanna live 70 years and could go without being in a hospital

hypothetically being alone in some far out woods would a cobtact forehead shot be incapacitating and kill quick of course 12 gauge slug

is that understandable why inwpuldnt wanna live to be old and wpuldnlike to be able to choose or am injust a fag for thinking this

thanks
>>
>>39264903
Nah, I can sympathize with not wanting to grow old. I work as a nurse's aide in senior care for people with dementia and Alzheimer's. It's basically a dumping ground for people that can no longer care for themselves where they go to experience a long, drawn-out, painful and humilating death as their brains and bodies shut down. Everyone there dies a drooling retard in a puddle of their own piss and shit as they are forgotten by their children who probably don't give a fuck or can't realistically care for them in their final days
>>
>>39265413
would a shotgun forehead shot prove to be fatal though? just curious
>>
File: 918.jpg (32KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
918.jpg
32KB, 600x590px
>>39256002
>>39256082
>>39256168
im sure you know who to blame?
>>
>>39261928
Basically this. The world is beyond salvage, we're never going to escape earth's poisoned, dying grip and civilisation as we know it has less then a thousand years left. However we're still on the fringes of the terminal slide, we can see where it's going but we're not close enough to begin to suffer.

So why worry? fretting and screaming at anons who don't believe you won;t make you feel better, it wont help you end even if you convince him- whats the fucking point? what have you gained? Just sit back, enjoy the decline and be content that you'll avoid the worst of it all
>>
>>39265999
checked, trips dont lie
>>
>>39265757
Like I said it depend because you can still fuck it up. It's not a guarantee.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/firearms

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/firearms/reliability

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/firearms/dangers-failing

You have about a 90% chance at success as long as you aim it at your temple or the center of your brain and not your jaw or your face.
>>
>>39266231
Make backup plans. Get shitfaced and slash one wrist first, shoot yourself with your back to a Killing drop. Do it on the highway late at night. Don't entrust your death completely to your aim
>>
>>39266300
highway? drop? do your roads have cliffs?
>>
>>39256082
When I'm watching cyberpunk anime I'm just thinking how unrealistic it is. Especially Bubblegum Crisis.
These types of terrorist groups that we are supposed to root for can never even exist in real life. Surveillance will make it impossible to organize complex organizations like that.
>>
>>39256082
Nailed it. Right now it's only a question if it can be recognized by the general public soon enough to be averted.
I'm inclined to think that won't happen, given how the same people would would come out on top of this scenario already control the mass media and contribute to the ongoing elimination of the middle class. (BTW fuck you Reagan.)
Plus Fagbook and such proved that the average guy has no problem freely giving up privacy and allowing their life to be datamined for some convenience.
>>
>>39263463
really this. The future will not be ours without uprising
>>
>>39266300
>slash wrist and turn self to vegetable on highway
>people see you
>rush you to hospital
>spend the rest of your life in some agonizing vegetative state
>>
>>39256002
every day I wake up with an impending sense of doom my dude.
>>
>>39256002
>VR
VR is fucking nothing. It is just a gyro to track head movement and screens attached to goggles. There is very little difference between now and the Virtual Boy aside from increased resolution.
This has pretty much been the case for decades.
>Mars exploration
Not happening anytime soon.
>meme president
Nothing amazing, it has happened before.
>unending wars
Like what? I can't even thing of any wars going on right now aside from in Syria, Yemen and a few African shitholes. Even Africa in general is doing pretty good. The world has become surprisingly peaceful.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.