[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Atheists are so logical then why do they not follow God? It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 32

File: 1502978522184.jpg (51KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
1502978522184.jpg
51KB, 400x261px
If Atheists are so logical then why do they not follow God? It's the logical thing to do.
>>
>>39252668
Why do you not follow Allah?
>>
>>39252692
Because I would rather follow a God that loves me unconditionally than a some some shit made up by a sand pedo.
>>
Remember that time when Noah got so drunk he cursed all of his son's descendants to be slaves for the rest of history?
>>
>>39252717
Very logical indeed
>>
>>39252668

Because you can't genuinely believe a lie you told yourself.
>>
>>39252717
>he doesn't know that allah is the same abrahamic God as the one in the Bible
Lol christcucks really are brainlets
>>
>>39252717
If you're wrong, may Allah be kind to you.
>>
>>39252717
lmao god doesn't love you unless you're jewish the god in the bible doesn't give two fucks about you if you aren't jewish following the religion of ancient kikes that ruined europe sure is logical isn't it ? :))
>>
>>39252717
Now you go to hell for blasphemy. your memechart got BTFO
>>
File: 1492907946863.jpg (282KB, 674x867px) Image search: [Google]
1492907946863.jpg
282KB, 674x867px
>>39252730
Find faith within you anon
>>
>>39252668
Hahahahaha Logical, my ass...

No matter how hard you try you cannot produce even one single piece of evidence that proves God exists or any shred of evidence that Jesus ever existed

Face is nothing more than hope

And nobody cares about what you hope for

You don't have a leg to stand on
>>
People who follow abrahamic religions are wannabe kikes
>>
FAITH* is nothing more than hope

Speech to text typo
>>
>>39252751
>just have faith bro
>just b urself
>>
PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN GOD ARE TEXTBOOK EXAMPLES OF SCHIZOPHRENICS

(schizophrenia is clearly indicated by the belief that a magical 'external force' is secretly in control of their destiny....

100% TRUE :
ALL RELIGIONS ARE SCHIZOPHRENIC
>>
>>39252758
https://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

>Non Christian roman historians reference Jesus

Why are fedoras so bad at research?
>>
Let me fix the question...

If Atheists are so logical then why do they not follow [Elohim|Allah]? It's the logical thing to do.
>>
>>39252758
>evidence
other than the universe and the laws that govern it
>>
File: 1498416846687.jpg (434KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498416846687.jpg
434KB, 1536x2048px
>>39252668
Pascal's Wager would work if there were only one God. Thousands of gods have been worshipped throughout history. Which God or religion or denomination of a religion should I apply the wager to?
>>
thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3Kk5tZSmo
>>
File: tutkiapustaja.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
tutkiapustaja.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>ETERNAL joy or suffering, just because of some decision made in ~80 years
really makes you think
>>
>>39252792
God gave us free will, he is not 'in control' of our destiny

Joshua 24:15
>>
FAITH = HOPING YOUR PARENTS WERE CORRECT, AND THEIR PARENTS BEFORE THEM, AND THEIR PARENTS BEFORE THEM....

YET HOPE HAS NO VALUE

ITS A REACTION BASED ON FEAR

(secret: when you die, you'll go back to where you were before you were born)
>>
>>39252808
You can narrow it down to god's that threaten eternal damnation in a pit of fire
>>
>>39252668
I already do not believe in millions of invented gods throughout human history. One more hardly affects my chance of hell.
>>
>>39252808
Belief in any God(s) is still more logical than believing in none.
>>
>>39252796

Even if the historical Jesus existed what evidence is there that he had supernatural powers or that a "God" even exists?
>>
File: abs.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
abs.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>39252834

Mars guide me!
>>
>>39252819
'god' didn't give you jack fucking shit, and no matter how hard you try to prove 'god' exists, you CAN'T

s o r r y
a b o u t
t h a t

b e t t e r
l u c k
n e x t
l i f e t i m e
>>
>>39252668
Pascal's wager is stupid because it implies that there is only 1 religion in the world.
>>
>>39252834
Actually, no... It isn't

there's nothing logical or even vaguely intelligent about your stupid belief system, that was instilled in you by your parents...

by the way, your parents are idiots
>>
>>39252837
>The Virgin Mary is seen by up to a million people
>Confirmed by both church and secular investigations as legit/unexplainable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Zeitoun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMEWxRB-1dc

Are a million people lying?
>>
>>39252808
Just what I came here to say. Which do you suppose is more infuriating to a god: you believing in no god, or you believing in a rival god? Personally I believe it would be the latter.
>>
>>39252880
Pascal actually ingested 32 fluid ounces of nigger sperm before he developed that idiotic thing anyway
>>
>>39252889
>>39252862

T. Edgy kid who's mad that his parents made him get up for Church every sunday.
>>
>>39252912
No he's an just an autist
>>
let's play a different version of the wager
say I am aztec
I need human sacrifice to avert the end of the world
you are Christian
if I am right, you receive rewards in the afterlife and the world is saved
if you are right, you go to heaven
so let me sacrifice you
>>
>>39252897
YES

was that concise enough for you?

faggot ?
>>
File: 1491424225966.png (11KB, 321x339px) Image search: [Google]
1491424225966.png
11KB, 321x339px
>>39252829
>>39252834
The God of my parents states that I will burn for eternity for my lack of belief. Tell me, which is more logical:

>create a conscious being who is predestined for the hellfire
>said being has no control over his decisions, due to every single event to ever happen being written by a pen god commanded to write

Surely it would be preferable for me to have never existed? I thought God is supposed to be benevolent? He literally created me for the sole reason of eternal punishment... Why should I worship him?
>>
>>39252897
>The Virgin Mary is seen by up to a million people
>I should believe your crazy shit because it is claimed that up to a million beaners and third world shitskins "see" the Virgin Mary in a waffle

>Are a million people lying?

Were people lying when they claimed UFO sightings? And yet in the age when everyone has a camera on them at all times, we still don't have footage of UFOs, compared to when videorecorders were rare and there was all kinds of grainy, blurry questionable shit being filmed.
>>
>>39252808

I would worship that ass tho
>>
im not an atheist because its logical even though I could think I through easily
I'm an atheist because believing in god feels wrong to me
>>
Ironic how none of you can offer up even ONE tiny shred of evidence to prove'god'exists

I keep challenging you to present your evidence

But nobody has any

So until you can show me concrete proof, I win and you lose
>>
>>39252932
You are not destined for eternal hell.

Every human is given the free gift of heaven by God, you just have to keep it and not throw it away.
>>
>obeying something just because it exists
I bet you suck the governments cock too.
>>
>>39252964

the evidence is in the Bible, anon

if you'll just open your heart

/trolling

alternative:

the evience is all around you. look around you - the trees, man! the trees!
>>
>>39252911
>>39252964

Why are you so autistic dude
>>
The spiritual arguments for a faith are often impossible to argue against due to their abstract and highly subjective nature; how can you argue against an individual's supposed divine experience? If someone truly believes something, then how can we argue against it, and really why should we if it improves their life.
My issue with Christianity and indeed all organised religion is the fact it originates in an explanation for what was unable to be explained at the time. Why are we here? Well a divine being created the world and hung the stars above us. Then more and more mythology is built around this divine aspect, until is surpasses simple legend and becomes something seemingly more profound. Over the course of thousands of years God is transformed from a tyranical overlord who punishes the unjust to a loving Father who moves in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform e.t.c. and this very notion is enough to sway people, it sounds right, it's what they've been told their whole lives. But in reality humanity is the tiniest speck in the universal timeline and to assume that there's a Higher being who created the whole universe for the sake of a single species and cares about YOU specifically and whether you pass your A levels or that your mum doesn't die of cancer or that you get what you want for christmas is honestly incredibly arrogant and is nothing but a coping mechanism for living in a universe of chaos.
>>
>>39252668
Because the concept of god or god's was nothing more then folk tales and misunderstandings about well documented scientific events.
An example would be a drought idiot farmers would believe they didn't pray enough and god is smiting them with a drought.
Obviously when it did rain they took their prayers as a sign god was listening again not the case.
Then it's also used as a method of control and taxation because the church was tied to the government for so long. But this isn't the case anymore either
Now most religions serve to either scam gullible idiots out of their money or brainwash them into going on holy wars in which they lose.

Religion is nothing more then a cancer that blocks the progress of humanity by continually instilling morality a useless concept, an example being "it's wrong to play god":. It's wrong to deny people the chance to a cure or enhancements that could improve life.
>>
>>39252964
>>39252986

http://catholicism.org/category/miracles-and-apparitions
>>
Because christianity is retarded
>>
>>39253010
cool story mutebloxing bro
>>
>>39252999
You are perceiving God through a mortal lense, like when you said:

>But in reality humanity is the tiniest speck in the universal timeline and to assume that there's a Higher being who created the whole universe for the sake of a single species and cares about YOU specifically

You are thinking of God as if he is a human looking down upon us. In reality he is Omnipotent, he is within all of us.
>>
File: qadar.png (68KB, 1713x633px) Image search: [Google]
qadar.png
68KB, 1713x633px
>>39252965
Try again. There is no "free will" in Islam. It's literally impossible to simultaneously worship an omnipotent, omniscient god and claim you have "free will". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_free_will
>>
Saying "a million people see something" is NOT proof

It's innuendo

It's a rumor

It's hype

It's cheap half-ass marketing

It's bullshit

SHOW ME THE PROOF

Millions of people saw Elvis and I can easily prove that he existed

Unless you can meet the same criteria then you need to just accept the fact that you've lost the argument
>>
>>39252668
The only "logical" thing is agnosticism, since neither side has produced definitive proof.
>>
>>39252986
You gave me the most immature childish amateurish attempt I've ever seen... Trees are not proof of God

Not at all in fact I can make the argument that trees prove God doesn't exist
>>
>>39253068
Predestination is not a belief among Christians unless you are a Calvinist.
>>
File: 3f5a63ae7a4fae0779ddafe6dea82e37.jpg (350KB, 1600x1509px) Image search: [Google]
3f5a63ae7a4fae0779ddafe6dea82e37.jpg
350KB, 1600x1509px
>>39253073
>A million people plus government investigations are all lying and I'm right

How deluded are you dude?
>>
>>39253073
Also known as argumentum ad populum
>>39253084
/thread
>>
>>39253054
But why is he within all of us? What need is there for a creator? What you're saying seems to be more pantheistic, something I thought wasn't compatible with Christianity and the mythology surrounding it.
I think it's very important to be spiritual and have a mind open to the mysticism of our universe, but why does that have to be applied to a single strand of philosophy from the middle east 2,000 years ago? A philosophy ridden with corruption, subjugation and selfish manipulation from the soon-to-be venerated saints of the early period of Christianity? It just seems like an extended game of moving the goalposts, redefining what is literal or allegorical in religious texts as we gain further understanding of ourselves and of our world
>>
>>39253084
This, it's as retarded as claiming to know the answer to a math problem that humans don't know how to do yet. Also, there are an infinite number of possibilities as to what god/s could exist, what they're like, how they feel about us if they know us at all, what the extent of their power is, etc. If "gods" or creators do exist it's most likely they're none of the ones humans made up and nothing like them. And this is all assuming you should do whatever they want just because they exist. If they have goals conflicting with your own, it's just as logical to oppose them as any other self-proclaimed authority with malicious intent. If they do exist, all the more reason to become like gods so we can't challenge them instead of just taking their dick up our ass.
>inb4 hurr durr you can't be middle ground
There is no middle ground, the board is 3 dimensional and there are an indefinite number of sides.
>>
>>39253109
Sure, but I was speaking from the perspective of my family/parents as you (or some other anon) stated that narrowing it down to "gods that threaten eternal damnation in a pit of fire" is enough to believe in Pascal's Wager, which I then showed to be a load of bollocks if you look at it from the perspective of Islam.
>>
>>39253084
Agnosticism is atheism. Atheism just means you don't believe in God. Dogs and cats are atheist. Newborn babies are atheist. Trees are atheist. It's just the default position to be in. The only reason you would refute that you're an "atheist" is just because stupid fat burgers have associated the term with people wearing hats that are out of fashion. Ignore that garbage.
>>
>>39253073
Take acid, then maybe you'll be less fussed in looking for specifics in some ancient religion and realise you need to start looking for your own truth, leave all this bitterness behind. Religion is beneficial insofar that it allows for a practice in a mystic and spiritual tradition and an attempt to elaborate on a cold universe. Obviously it's been warped beyond recognition, but it's so important to have musings on the impossible and take time to contemplate issues perhaps beyond our understanding, making art out of confusion.
idk I'm rambling but you sound sad
>>
>>39253109
If you claim god is omnipotent and omiscient there can be no free will.
God would've already knew how my life would turn out before he even created humans.
Damning most of humanity to a eternal hell.
>>
>>39253155
This is why I always say I'm a staunch atheist or even an antitheist when it comes to the Abrahamic god. A creator of everything would not demonstrate such human emotions in their divine revelations, and would not be so confusing, contradictory and plain old boring/repetitive. When it comes to the question of our origins outside the scope of our current knowledge then by default I'm agnostic.
>>
File: wager.png (260KB, 1685x1930px) Image search: [Google]
wager.png
260KB, 1685x1930px
also this originally please bot
>>
>>39252668
>why do they not follow God?
Because it would be disingenuous so I'd probably end up in Hell anyway. Religion is dumb, I'm gonna go masturbate.
>>
>>39252668
The bible is a trick created to confuse people. Those who chose to do opposite of what it says are the ones who truly go to heaven.
>>
File: 145793710886.jpg (347KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
145793710886.jpg
347KB, 2048x1536px
>not worshiping your waifu as a goddess
My waifu is nocturnal, so I also worship the moon for double points.

Picture isn't mine nor is she my waifu, but I'd love to build a shrine for mine. My current living situation has very little space though and I don't think I'm going to be in a situation where I have enough room any time soon.
>>
You can't choose what you believe. Either you're convinced of something or you aren't.
>>
>>39253176
Not at all, I sincerely believe in the possibility of an alternative cause for humanitys creation. Aliens, higher beings, even gods of some sort. But it would be stupid to pin all belief on one pretty baseless religion. Could gods exist? In fact, with the size and scope of this universe I think it's almost certain that beings like gods do exist, just as aliens do. It's simply foolish to assume all beings would be on the same level as humans anyway, we're not that special. Humans ideas of gods are just so boring and unimaginative though, it's like some dumb bullshit a normalfag would tell stupider normalfags.
>>
File: stirnerpost.png (44KB, 422x414px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerpost.png
44KB, 422x414px
What if god functions inversely, sending non-atheists to hell? That actually makes more sense than religioncucks considering how some of them are against each other.
AND i wont have to stop my hedonism to satisfy some spook.

halting problem irl
>>
Because if you get the wrong god you go to hell too. Who's to say the abrahamic god is true, and not the hindu pantheon? Or hell, who's to say Athena and Zeus don't exist? Or Loki? Or that we exist on a cosmic wheel like he buddhists believe?
>>
>>39253199

There can't be "free will" anyway. The concept is self-refuting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joanVUoXY0s
>>
>>39253235
I propably fapped to your waifu at some point.
>>
I really wish i could believe in God,i really do. Unfortunately my brain refuses to accept the existence of a superior entity and i am stuck in depression because i don't see the point of doing anything in my life if i will die alone anyways
>>
>>39253295
Only if you're into horse pussy. Besides, it's not like no one's ever masturbated to Jehova or Allah. So I don't really care whether or not you masturbated to her.
>>
>>39253308

Thanks for illustrating >>39253245 .

I don't get how people don't understand that beliefs aren't "choices". Either you believe something or you don't. I can't choose to believe that if I eat more food I'll get thinner.
>>
>>39253256
Humans being created by aliens is certainly a possibility, if all you mean by "higher beings" is a greater civilization than our own, I can agree with you. Hell, there might even be extremely powerful, formless beings that our minds are totally unable to comprehend. The only thing that is ridiculous is the idea that something exists above our universe in the way that god(s) are described, and that it created the universe from nothing, if you entertain the possibility of any of that shit you are a moron. If humanity has a creator then it must be of the universe. Of course, this then raises the question of who created these beings? In the end it all goes back to nothing, certainly not a divine creator.
>>
>>39253331
You don't think things above our universe exist? That's very naive. Not that I think they created the universe, but they could exist, just as other universes and realities most likely exist. Doesn't mean they, or anything, made the universe. But yeah, I do agree with you about man being made, IF he was made, by someone/thing inside and of the universe.
>>
>>39253104

It was supposed to be obvious trolling.
>>
>>39252668
Believing in a generic God itself is not illogical, but believing in lies made up by sandniggers is.
>>
>>39253328
>I can't choose to believe that if I eat more food I'll get thinner
Clearly you're not an American.
>>
>>39252717
>I would rather follow a God that loves me unconditionally

Nice meme.

Jesus only dies for your sins if you accept him. Otherwise you burn. If my parents threw me in the dumpster for not obeying them, I would hardly call that "unconditional" love. That's straight up child abuse.
>>
>>39253233
>Those who chose to do opposite of what it says are the ones who truly go to heaven.

That would be sadistic if so. But I doubt it.

The whole story of Adam and Eve is an allegory of "keeping in line". If you dare seek forbidden knowledge, you destroy society and get fucked by snakes and child birth. It's basically a story that would be made by prehistoric r9kers. (ie No one dare ask a girl out or be as bold as Chad...OTHERWISE, you risk alienation and a "fall" worse than death)
>>
>>39253440
No, Jesus literally said "forgive them father, for they don't know what they are doing" luke 23:34
Jesus message is unconditional love to everyone, even his killer
>>
>>39252819
>free will
>suffer if you dont beleive
More like free illusion
>>
>>39253553
Hahahaha

You're SOOOOO stupid

You actually think Jesus existed ?!!!

Wow

Dumbass
>>
>>39253553
>my headcanon supersedes the actual salvation formula

This isn't sonic the hedgehog fanfic. I mean, technically it is. But it's too late for OC now.
>>
>>39252897
wtf i believe in loch ness monster now
>>
Do you believe everyone who claims to be the son of God?
>>
File: 1471974241399.jpg (6KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
1471974241399.jpg
6KB, 487x423px
>>39252792
>the belief that a magical 'external force' is secretly in control of their destiny
Like gravity?
>>
>>39253825
>gravity is both magical and has the ability to control destiny
Never go full retard, anon.
>>
>>39253852
It's the only way to get (You)s, sadly, especially in a thread like this
>>
>>39252668
I am god.
Someone else has the right idea too.
>>
File: f6d.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
f6d.gif
867KB, 480x336px
>>39253825
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-40120680
>>
>>39252717
I don't think you understand what unconditional means.
>>
are we gonna be born again sonehow? is just wanna fall over dead and be dead
>>
>>39252808
The one who's religion has survived??? How could a god sit around as his religion dies? Stupid question.
>>
>>39254066
so any religion that still exists is valid?
>>
>>39252796
Yes, 116 years after he died. Tacitus is the most commonly cited christfag source but he wasn't alive during that time. He likely used Pliny as a source and he never actually mentioned Jesus either. Jesus supposedly existed in one of the most well documented times in the empire and yet he was so unimportant if he even existed that he was never written about once.
>>
>>39252986
Fuck that reminds me of primary school
>be 7
>in religous education class (with christianity being the only religion apparently)
> have to draw what we think god looks like
> draw a picture of a forrest full of animals and plants because "god is everywhere"
>get a detention for "pagan bullshit"
>>
If god isn't real, then how do you explain a sunrise?
>>
>>39252668
>follow catholic religion
>turns out god isn't catholic
>wasted time praying and ended up with eternal suffering
>>
>>39252668
Because a true God would know when you genuinely follow him and would know when you follow him only to not gamble on Pascal's Wager.

Either way, pic related.
>>
Time to convert to every religion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJpZOljjG8
>>
>>39252668
Haha
I probably deserve suffering for what I've done
>>
>>39252717
>God that loves me unconditionally
heh.
>>
>>39254367
fake quote
>>
>>39252819
The ever increasing evidence of causality suggests your will is bound. There is never a void of context to allow for such an existence within macro-reality.
>>
>>39254367
>drawing of wrong aurelius
>fake quote
am i being memed?
>>
>>39252734
>brainlet tries to theology
Allah is a corruption of a Persian moon god peppered with Judeo-Christian lore, friend
>>
>>39253516
The snake was the only genuine being in that whole fucking story.
>>
>>39253222
Why are jehovas witnesses so based
>>
>>39252668
hey anons. reply to this post or you'll be sent to hell for eternity after you die of course
>>
>>39255031
>Allah is a corruption of a Persian moon god peppered with Judeo-Christian lore, friend

Allah is a pious delusion of a Moses fanboy, who himself was a Sumerian God fanboy.

Most of the Koran is a retelling of Genesis, Exodus and Deuteronomy. (Muhammad himself is rarely mentioned). Muhammad wanted the Jews to like him so much but by 700ad, the Jews had enough of god.
>>
>>39252819
But God can do anything, so this makes zero sense.
>>
>>39252668
>Pascal's Wager
Belief in the right god: Eternal joy(?)
Belief in the wrong god: Eternal suffering

See I can do this too.

>but I KNOW my god is the right god
and disbelievers KNOW there's no god and people who believed in other gods KNEW/KNOW their god(s) is/are the right gods.

Pascal's Wager is flawed because it assumes Christianity is the only religion to have ever existed.
>>
>implying an omnipotent omniscient God doesn't know you're faking your belief for pascal's wager
>>
>>39254662
>>39254594
This, Einstein said it.
>>
>>39252717
LOL, Islam is basically Christianity+
If you believe in Islam, and Christians are right, you still get into heaven.
If you believe in Christianity, and Islam is right, then the Prophet Mohammed sends you hell.

It's basically the same chart as OPs pic
>>
>>39255317
This. Pascal's Wager could be used to justify why you should worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
>>
>>39252718
Remember when some ayyyy lmao's had that old guy go up to that mountain and they gave him two giant slabs of space rocks with an ayyyy lmao inscription for humans to not be assholes to one another and try and be decent to each other?
>>
>>39252730

I started to be a Christian for the "Deus Vult" meme(it was pretty cringe worthy, shall I say). However, at some point, I started believing. I first was Lutheran then I converted to Catholicism and, finally,I found the One True Apostolic Church: The Orthodox Church.
>>
>>39252668
Your god can't be that stupid to accept faith-posers like this.
Can he?

Plus, there are thousands of religions with thousands of hells, how do you know you're not picking the wrong one?
>>
>>39252718
Reading that aloud with my grandma was a weird experience, I had to do a double take. Dude curses his own son because his son saw him buck naked and drunk and naturally told his brothers?

What?
>>
How do I just start believing in something that I don't believe in? Are Christians saying that if I convince myself that I believe in god, even if I don't actually from the bottom of my heart, that I'll get into heaven? Shouldn't an omnipotent god realize that my feelings aren't true and my motivations aren't pure, and not let me into heaven?

Also, from a logical standpoint, as people have already mentioned, there are countless numbers of deities you could believe in for this wager. If you say that believing in one is better than none, then the counterargument is that there could be a god who sends to heaven all people who don't believe in him and to hell all people who do. It might not sound rational, but since these are omnipotent beings we're talking about that we couldn't possibly begin to understand, it's just as likely that this god exists as the Christian god. There could also be a god who sends people to heaven and hell randomly, and so on.
>>
>>39255925

He will let you. Actually there is a Saint from the Primitive Churchwhose name I can't recall that was very skeptical towards the idea of a "God". However, he knew Christ and followed His steps, believing that Christ was the Path to Salvation. So I think that yes, you can.
>>
>>39255719
Oyy xonro
>>
>>39252717

>loves me unconditionally

>eternal suffering

Remember kids: you can't use logic to reason with people who are not logic or reasonable.
>>
>>39252819
>Sure god could end war, disease and famine, but lol free will bro
Sounds like a stand up guy.
>>
>>39252912
>You've literally been indoctrinated since birth to believe in god but he's the edgy one
>>
Being irrational gives you less work.
>>
>>39252758
you got out of jail for the donut scam? how was it?
>>
File: 1500817438043.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500817438043.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>39252717
>loves you
>would not hesitate to throw you in a place of eternal suffering if you masturbate, work on weekends or use condoms
>not knowing that Allah and the Christian God are supposed to be the same deity
Top fucking kek
Just off yourself and go meet your "loving god".
>>
Who's to say which one of the 50 gorillion religions is correct?
This is bait, I know, but it's the first time I have seen it in a while so I'll reply.
>>
>>39252668
>atheists
>logical

Those two words are not compatible.

The only non-believer with logic would be an agnostic.

>>39252717

You are just a faggot caught up in his desires, you don't see the higher purpose, and if you do you hate it because you realize you've lived your life in sin, willfully, and will receive no mercy.
>>
>>39252792
Schizophrenia is a made up mental disorder.

It's the go-to for psychiatrists to lock up people in hospitals longer so they can profit off of it.
>>
File: 1499260795321.jpg (143KB, 960x786px) Image search: [Google]
1499260795321.jpg
143KB, 960x786px
>>39257778
>Those two words are not compatible.
Yes, they are. Atheists are not dictated by a set of ancient rules that spread violence and supports ignorance.
They are kind of close-minded, but still far more rational than any christian. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>39257778
Agnostic means atheist, faggot. Do you believe in god(s), yes or no? I'm not asking you whether you know or not for certain, but simply, do you explicitly believe that god(s) exist? If your answer is no, then guess what cockend, you are an ATHEIST.
Think of it like this. If you haven't decided whether or not you want to go to the store, then that means you're not at the store right now.
>>
>>39254090

It's very simple. There is buckets of evidence for both Jesus' existence, and for all the events in the Old Testament.

The ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah are still here to this day, and ancient Babylonian tablets write of the Great Flood described accurately in the Old Testament.

Your burden is that you have no knowledge and seek no knowledge, therefore because you have no knowledge you believe there is no knowledge out there of the events.

Luke 11:9

"And I say unto you, ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g&app=desktop

Noah's Ark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFpvKKmTF7c&feature=youtu.be

Moses parting the Red Sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d90NM9tgDQE&app=desktop

Mount Sinai and surrounding areas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gvJwx8VyI&app=desktop
>>
>>39257895
How are atheists more close-minded than literally anyone else? Just as atheists won't give credence to any deities existing, a Christian won't give credence to their deity not existing, or any deity apart from their own existing. People of all faiths are open to their own beliefs exclusively, and nothing else.
>>
If the only reason you follow religion is because you're looking for a reward at the end, you won't qualify for the reward. You'll also be sent to hell
You can't trick god. He's all knowing, so he'll see through your fake ass bullshit and party van you to Satan
>>
>>39252668
that's an argument for why it's helpful to believe in God, not for why he actually exists. I don't know about you, but I can't believe something just by wanting to believe it.
>>
>>39257952
Nothing you do is truly your own decision. Why would any action require extra-wordly punishment?
>>
>>39257935
Not that guy, but i'm an athiest that believes jesus was a real person, just not divine.
>>
>>39257895
I would rather you prove me wrong.

You have no evidence for your claims, and I already know you, like most of atheists, have never read the Bible past maybe, Genesis?

The Bible has never supported violence except it be rightful punishment by a just God for the wicked sins of mankind. In sinning against God they rebel against God and serve the enemy, the one who deceives us.

The root of these passions is suffering, which leads to death. Which is why God hates them so, as they are not fruitful, and they destroy what was meant to be his holy creation.

God has given us free will to choose sin & pleasure or life & happiness, don't pin the blame on God, who you don't believe exists, for your troubles. And spitting at his name because YOU have chosen to make your life miserable will solve nothing and leave you empty inside.

The only rationality that comes out of Atheism is the rationality of destructive practices, lack of morals, and destructive nihilism.

So keep preaching your Atheist dogma, and keep seeking enlightenment in things that hold no substance, and you will find the fate that all of your kind do, when your sins pile up high and your works stand as nothing.
>>
>>39257972
When you ask for proof, they instead try to sell you on why it would be beneficial to you/society for you to convert to their religion of choice.
>you get a sense of morality!
>you get a higher power to live for!
>you get a strong community!
>you'll want to kill muslims!
Okay? How is any of this salesmanship supposed to persude someone to believe in supernatural nonsense though?
It's because they know that they can never win anyone over with logic, that they have to give you a carrot instead. Literally every argument for religion I have seen on this website turns out like this.
>>
>>39257778
Daily reminder there are no sound arguments for agnosticisn
>>
>>39257901

This is just another case of retardation in Atheist eyes.

It's quite clear if you look it up in any dictionary or even Google.

Atheist = Doesn't believe a God exists
Agnostic = Doesn't know a God exists.

It doesn't even surprise me that you can't understand this, as Atheists are quite generally unable to grasp any concept that isn't self destructive and fruitless in nature.
>>
>>39252668
Pascal's wager has been debunked for decades, get with the times, OP
>>
>>39258074
Is the concept of 2+2=4 selfdestructive and fruitless?
>>
>>39258074
If you don't know a god exists, that means that you also don't believe that a god exists. Let me ask you again: do you BELIEVE that god(s) exist? Yes or no? It doesn't matter that your reason is "nobody knows", "it can't be proven either way", or whatever. The point is that you don't believe in god(s), and unless you do explicitly believe, you are an ATHEIST.
>>
>>39258074
Reasonable person = Doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny

You = Doesn't know if the Easter Bunny exists.
>>
File: 1459644246371.jpg (875KB, 1844x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1459644246371.jpg
875KB, 1844x1230px
deism > atheism > non-deistic theism
>>
>>39258109

They are not one in the same mate, there is an entirely different set of beliefs for each of the two.

Not knowing is not = not believing

I'm sorry you can't use logic aside from your rigid generalizations.
>>
>>39258034
As a Christian, I assume that you believe that Hinduism is made-up nonsense? Since it isn't compatible with your own beliefs I guess you have to dismiss it, right? And yet you haven't read the Vedas, you haven't gone to the effort of proving Hinduism wrong, so how can you possibly say that it's false?
Repeat the above argument for the literal thousands of religions that have existed for all time. You do not believe in them, but according to you, you need to do some extensive study into everything you don't believe in, and then prove it false, otherwise it's valid? You need to understand that every non-Christian person that has ever lived throughout history, looks at you in the exact same way you look at atheists. And all of those people have exactly the same amount of backing that you do: faith alone, and nothing else. If it still seems to you like a sensible viewpoint to have after considering that, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>39252668
Atheism is literally just the lack of believe in a god. It's nothing to do with logic or intelligence.
>>
>>39258151
Agnosticism is contained within atheism in the Venn diagram of belief systems. You can know that God doesn't exist, and you can not know either way whether he exists, but either way, you don't BELIEVE that he exists. And that's what atheism is.
>>
>>39257935
>Noah's Ark

Oh you can't be serious
Embarrassing
>>
>>39258239
Well, it has to do with intelligence though.
Religiosity is inversely correlated with IQ:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000238
>>
>>39258239
You're completely right, many people are atheist just because they were born into an irreligious society and didn't get indoctrinated, therefore remaining in the default state of atheism. However it is fair to say that theism is a sign of low intelligence in adults, theism is negatively correlated with IQ after all.
Some people became atheist by using logic and intelligence, some atheists were born into that position and happen to be correct by chance. However all theists are thick as pig shit and only believe because of environmental conditioning, there is never logic involved.
So in a sense it's to do with logic and intelligence, yeah.
>>
>>39257901
You're wrong, you braindead faggot.
Atheism is the absence of belief in the existence of any deities or supernatural beings.
The agnostic is an individual that is simply not sure if there is anything supernatural at all, but don't doubt it either.

>>39257946
Atheists often treat science like an absolute source of information. Almost like a religion. In this regard, they are close-minded.
Science is not omniscient. There are several phenomenons that cannot be explained yet, and probably never will. Atheists tend to ignore this fact to trick themselves into thinking they have answers for all their questions... I don't know why. Perhaps to be close to christianity? Would be no surprise, there are even (((atheist organizations))) now.

>>39258034
>and I already know you, like most of atheists
Correct that, you faggot. I'm agnostic.
>You have no evidence for your claims
Then it shouldn't be hard for you to prove me wrong. Do it. Considering that my claims are based almost exclusively on observation, you can probably do it with ease.
>have never read the Bible past maybe, Genesis?
>The Bible has never supported violence except it be rightful punishment by a just God
>The root of these passions is suffering, which leads to death. Which is why God hates them
The Bible says that God straight up MURDERED nearly three million people for trivial things, like masturbating or working during weekends. Heck, he murdered CHILDREN for mocking a prophet. Not to mention the flood. Have YOU read the bible?
>The only rationality that comes out of Atheism is the rationality of destructive practices, lack of morals, and destructive nihilism.
I can't even begin to point what's wrong with that statement. Understanding science is destructive practice? How are atheists automatically lacking morals just for being atheists? You are the one with nothing to back up your twisted claims.

If God is real, he's either powerless or a sadistic bastard playing The Sims with us.
>>
>>39258207
I already gave you a bit of proof here >>39257935

But as all atheists, you ignore me and cherry pick strawman arguments, since you are incapable of replying reasonably, which goes back to my original point, Atheists don't have logic.

I have done my research on every major religion, the polytheistic Hindus worship cows and nature, Buddhists are just philosophers trying to escape rebirth, Muslims needed an Islamicized religion to follow, Confucianism is a code of laws, and all other religions are too minor to be created by an all powerful God.

I cannot wait to see what you will strawman next in our argument.
>>
You know those batshit crazy goat fuckers in the middle east.
That's what EVERYONE was like during the days when these religions were created with zealotry turned up to 11.
I think people forget that those are the kind of people they're worshiping their religion over.
A bunch of psychotic knuckle draggers, most of whom were likely schizophrenic, thinking the voices they were hearing was "god"
>>
File: atheism intelligence.png (21KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
atheism intelligence.png
21KB, 300x191px
>>39258330

I think you'll find that most Theists are average intelligence, while a large majority of atheists are on the lowest rungs.

The atheists who are on the higher rungs I also assume are actually agnostics, who were categorized all the same.

I would also like to note that the higher your IQ gets (130+ 150+) the more you believe, as seen by pretty much all the great scientists who invented everything you are using right now.
>>
>>39258353
Where's your proof that Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, and Confucianists are false religions? Whilst we're at it, why don't we go through all the Greek and Roman gods as well? Since according to you, if you hold any beliefs that means you need to disprove all other existing ones. I'm still waiting.
None of the videos you posted are proof. I don't even need to watch them to know that "Noah's Ark- proof of the supernatural" is not going to provide sufficient evidence that two of every species of animal was kept on a boat for 40 days. It's literally not worth the effort to dismiss claims so ridiculous as those in the Bible. Atheists don't spend their time "disproving" Christianity, they literally just laugh, because that's all it deserves.
>>
File: atheist.png (40KB, 825x635px) Image search: [Google]
atheist.png
40KB, 825x635px
>>39258414

You ask me to provide all proof for my claims yet dismiss all those I have made as illogical before even looking into them.

I'm done speaking with you, I can only hope you wisen up before you meet your eternal fate.
>>
>>39252668

>pascal's wager
>logical

It assumes god cares if you are an atheist, and it ignores the fact there are hundreds of gods of different religions, so what are the odds you picked the right one?
>>
>>39258353
>Literally believes in Noah's Ark
>"Atheists don't have logic"

What you are posting here is olympic level mental gymnastics.

The "evidence" you posted is literally the same type of non-evidence people use when they talk about poltergeist or UFOs.

Spoiler alert. You didn't arrive at your conclusions thanks to evidence or logic. You accepted them because of where you grew up, tradition and emotion, and later recruited rational thought to try to rationalize it.
>>
>>39252668
im part of no group, i just believe in my own religion

it tells me to do whatever the fuck i want until death and stop existing
>>
>>39258401
That graph is ridiculous, you just made it up.
They both should be normal distributions,
>>
>>39258401
>I think you'll find that most Theists are average intelligence, while a large majority of atheists are on the lowest rungs.

Empirically false. First, the GSS doesn't survey atheism, so your pic is made up garbage. Second, intelligence follows a normal distribution, and given that atheists are on average smarter than the religious (and agnostics as well), it's virtually impossible they are on "the lowest rugs"

>The atheists who are on the higher rungs I also assume are actually agnostics, who were categorized all the same.

False. Leading scientists, for example, are far more atheistic than agnostic.

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/sci_relig.htm

The same is true of philosophers

https://philpapers.org/surveys/results.pl?affil=Target+faculty&areas0=0&areas_max=1&grain=fine

>I would also like to note that the higher your IQ gets (130+ 150+) the more you believe, as seen by pretty much all the great scientists who invented everything you are using right now.

Empirically false. See above
>>
>>39258444
You're the one who said that religions needs to be disproved, here
>>39258034
I just asked you to do the same thing that you claimed atheists need to do. YOU are the one who asked to be proved wrong. It's YOUR framework that we're working in, you dumb fuck. You set yourself up and then failed to deliver when it was turned on you.
>atheists are wrong to say that christianity is false because they can't prove it using evidence
>but i can dismiss every religion in history except for my own for no reason
You are utterly close-minded, to the point that you consider logic to be illogical when it disagrees with you. Here's something to give you some perspective: whenever you give an atheist shit for not believing in the same shit you do, just imagine a muslim doing the same to you, and imagine how you'd react. If you were told you're a degenerate and you're going to suffer in Jahannam for all of eternity, would you be quaking in your boots? Or would you know that they were actually a fucking retarded brainlet peddling ancient sandnigger superstition? I'm sure you'd be able to sleep well at night.
>>
>>39252717
and if you are wrong then you will get eternal suffering

checkmate infidel
>>
If God really is all-knowing then God would figure out that I don't really believe in it. God is a smart entity, and pascals wager insults God.
>>
File: an average atheist.jpg (52KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
an average atheist.jpg
52KB, 600x480px
>>39258541
>>39258558

Just look at how the atheist engorges himself in autistic rage

truly a high iq specimen of the highest caliber, im sure the ladies tremble before his fedora-tippening awe
>>
>>39258765
See all those internet arguments won that neckbeard has in the picture? That's because even stupid fat neckbeards can win arguments against christcucks.
>>
>>39258765
My country is only 30% religious, so are you telling me that almost all of the regular working men and women I encounter every day are actually secret underage autistic edgelords who are obsese, like MLP, and wear fedoras? I'd have though I'd have noticed that by now.
Oh wait maybe not every country is the US of stupid fat religious retards? Yes that sounds more likely to me.
>>
>>39258765
This post screams brainlet
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>39258765
>talk about creationists being smarter than atheists
>proven wrong
>act like the atheist is a friendless smartass with a massive ego to justify not being smarter
Cmon maaaan ad hominem is not cool brah, use a real argument or fug of
>>
File: Atheistdance.gif (1MB, 312x240px) Image search: [Google]
Atheistdance.gif
1MB, 312x240px
>>39258802
hoaeoa
>>
>>39258765
>loose an argument
>goof on people who win arguments
>>
File: db9.jpg (311KB, 914x693px) Image search: [Google]
db9.jpg
311KB, 914x693px
>>39258765
>can't think of a comeback
>i'll just mock him using a dead meme since i can't say anything to prove him wrong
>Hurr durr, fedora-tipping neckbeard
Nice way to represent your religion, faggot. You sure taught them a lesson with your wise words and vast intellect. Kek
>>
File: 1493473529980.png (234KB, 1752x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1493473529980.png
234KB, 1752x1116px
>>39258802
>>39258818
>>39258820
>>39258833
>>39258923

ahahahahahahah sperg
>>
>>39252668
True agnosticism is the only logical approach to Religion.
>>
>>39257810
I'm so sorry that you ended up this incorrect.
have a (you)
>>
File: 1495018024311.jpg (60KB, 789x444px) Image search: [Google]
1495018024311.jpg
60KB, 789x444px
>>39259021
But you heard the lad, agnosticism is no different from atheism.
>>
File: 1498135695455.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498135695455.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>39258946
wow you triggered there, buddy?
>>
>>39259021
pfft... not smart enough to pick a side kid?
>>
>>39258946
you sure showed them dude
>>
>>39252818
And? God is a dick. What of it? What you think it's not humane enough?
>>
Religion is nothing but LARPing for people who want to feel special, sorry, no space jews have your back when you die.
>>
>>39252889
My parents are atheists. The belief that there is no god is as logical as the belief in god.
>>
>>39252668
Because following god out of logic is not truly following god, People who profess themselves to be christian out of fear are no better than those who reject god alltogether.
>>
>>39259205
>following god out of logic is not truly following god
truer words have never been spoken
>>
>>39259205
Gotta love me some fedora philosophers
>>
>>39258946
>he gets his knowledge of evolutionary biology from chick tracts

Now this is just beyond pathetic
>>
>>39252668
which god? Homer's rebuttal solves Pascal's wager.
>>
religion = bluepill
bluepill = bad
>>
>>39252758
What year are we on? 2017 after what???
>>
>>39260540
>What year are we on? 2017 after what???

2017 C.E.
>>
>>39252668
the majority of the people claiming to follow a religion ( like orthodox Christianity, islam etc) don't follow the lifestyle it enforces but the vague set of values that are implied in the respective holy texts (love your neighbor etc)
If any God accepts these people, then that God would also any atheist that follows said set of values.
"Correctly" following a religion is a pain in the ass. For example for orthodox Christianity you have to pray every day, go to church on Sundays, fast the majority of the year, restrain from alcohol/drugs, hate LGBT+ people. fuck all that
>>
File: Hmhmhm.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hmhmhm.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>39252668
> Be all powerful god
> Be completely full of love and compassion and understanding
> Sentence many of my creations to eternal suffering because they come to the logical conclusion that if I were everything the Bible/Qu'ran/etc. say I am, the world would have never become imperfect
> Also send my creations to hell for being gay and having sex at the wrong time and stuff because a couple of people made me angry so I made them mortal, fallible beings with near constant sinful urges

Really cool god you have there
>>
>>39252668
Who cares about religion or the non belief in it
>go back to lereddit faggot
>>
>>39257895
Atleast the artist got the beta male look right
>>
>>39260988
It's really not that hard.

You just don't like sacrifice, and want to live like a disgusting pagan.

This is why the world has gone to shit, people like you.
>>
File: heretical.png (758KB, 1185x1029px) Image search: [Google]
heretical.png
758KB, 1185x1029px
>>39252668
That's a shitty argument for believing in God.
>>39252717
Pingo
>>
irrc there was originally no such thing as hell in christianity anyway, just purgatory. this is a pointless and childish topic to argue over
>>
>>39262153
Hell exists, it's simply a complete disconnect from God, and people who are in Hell don't want to be near God anyways.
>>
>>39262462
>>39262153

Both of you are wrong, the Bible specifically mentions a burning lake of fire multiple times in both the Old Testament and the New Testament
>>
>>39258494
nihilism aint a religion you pretentious faggot
>>
>>39261844
Pingo?

Don't you mean Bfiltered.
>>
When looking fairly at the totality of human knowledge at this point in time, one must simply be agnostic. I simply will not be forced into some false dichotomy of religious or atheist. The fact is neither side has the power of total persuasion. Religion is a cozy social stabilizer that cannot be argued in logic. The leap of faith required I actually respect, to intentionally turn off ones logical faculties in complete submission to god. Perhaps one day I will reach that my own way, but i really do not think religious people do themselves any favors by trying to force anything down anyone's throat. The religious people I respect most are ones who lived their lives in love and Doug good works. These people hope their actions will at least make someone curious enough to investigate on their own, and that has actually been my impetus to do my own religious readings. Science is man's best tool to understanding the universe around us. It takes a lot of trial and error and monumental research that builds on itself over time. Just because it does not have alll the answers yet does not mean it won't. Therefore, based on the ammunition that both "sides" currently have my personal conclusion is agnostic view that is tolerant and willing to listen to the spirituality of religion while also accepting the science of the times.
>>
You can't force yourself to have faith though. Either you do, or you don't.
>>
>>39265594
If you accept jesus christ, or some other theistic deity then you are theist, if you do anything else then you are an atheist whether you like the label or not. An atheist does not accept the claims of religious theists, they do not claim the opposite, they simply do not accept the claims themselves.
>>
>>39265629
Faith isn't genetic
>>
>>39265722
I get what you are saying in some sense. Right now I would by your definition be an "atheist". However I am curious and enjoy reading religious texts and find wisdom within them. I do not view my life as having to be religious or atheist. I may become religious tomorrow, because I have no way of knowing what events will unfold and how I will react to them.
>>
File: God isn't real.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
God isn't real.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>39265722
>they do not claim the opposite
You're thinking of traditional atheism. Modern atheism is different.
>>
>>39266007
You might be thinking of gnostic atheism, that is when someone flat out says "there is no god and I know it." gnostic and agnostic are knowledge or lack of knowlege, theist and atheist are belief and lack of belief. The definitions of words do not change over time, just the way commoners use them.
>>
>>39266579
>The definitions of words do not change over time, just the way commoners use them
The definitions of words came about to describe the way commoners used them and do change over time to such a great degree new dialects and even languages are born.

These days when someone is a self-described atheist, they're referring to being a gnostic atheist. Agnostic atheists tend to not care enough to describe themselves as atheist, usually just non-religious or something similar.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.