[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anime conventions are a prank

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Have you guys ever been to an anime convention? First i thought this was pretty cool, i mean a place where i can talk with people that i thought were like minded sound nice. the thing is 1 hour away there is an anime convention once per month. I was happy that there were people who like anime too
i thought i might find some friends there, but it turned out its just fucking cancer. most people there are just normalfag weebs who watch the generic animes like naruto or one piece and dont give a shit about anime itself, you dont get to discuss any anime there except the mainstream stuff, its more of an place where they hand out like all normalfags do, its just an excuse for them, like when i get there i play yugioh most f the time and thats it, you dont get to learn anything about anime, you get to talk about generic shit with normals and it bothers me they call themself an anime convention when its more of an generic meetup
anyone have the same issues?
>>
>>39251005
come on i can not be the only person with this problem
>>
Normies are the average person and the majority of the population. This usually means you can expect them to be the majority of any interest group. Especially a mainstream, popular interest like anime.
Also anime cons are still powercringe material. There were definitely lots of weirdos there too, they either just blended in to look like the normies or were so unnoticeable they were basically invisible.
>>
>>39251005
I went to Otakon alone 3 years ago when it was in Baltimore. There were several industry panels, live anime viewing, manga libraries and several cosplay halls, on top of the artist's galllery. I had plenty of fun, even though I didn't talk with many people. The best part was the artist gallery.
>>
>>39251005
I go there because it's the only way I can get gunpla here without paying huge amounts for shipping
Some of the cosplay is alright
But mostly it's infested with normalfags I agree OP
>>
File: IMG_1286.jpg (14KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1286.jpg
14KB, 100x100px
>>39251005
try going to /cgl/ and see if there's a meet up thread next time. and look I know that board has a bad rep, like really bad, but atleast you'll be around other 4chan users, wether there're normalfags or autistic.
>>
File: IMG_0877.png (122KB, 452x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0877.png
122KB, 452x391px
>>39251005
Try going to Sakuracon if you want to meet some real anime lovers.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.