[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many robots here drive? All things related to driving in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

File: DMV.jpg (189KB, 1080x675px) Image search: [Google]
DMV.jpg
189KB, 1080x675px
How many robots here drive? All things related to driving in this thread are welcome.
>>
File: i drive.jpg (95KB, 560x280px) Image search: [Google]
i drive.jpg
95KB, 560x280px
Of course I drive
>>
File: 1435040473498.png (490KB, 750x468px) Image search: [Google]
1435040473498.png
490KB, 750x468px
>>39249982
>tfw when I didn't get my license until I was 22
>>
i dont mind driving when there is no traffic, but i cant stand driving in traffic.

And, i always said people who like to drive are usually complete retards. Some study just came out saying people who like to drive are dumb asses, and driving somehow makes you stupid. if a person ever makes a comment about liking to drive, their IQ will always be 90 or lower.

dont drive if you dont have to
>>
>>39250369
There's nothing wrong with liking going on drives to clear your head.
>>
>>39250369
>139 IQ
>like to drive far over speed limit in shitty car in the middle of the night while listening to the initial d soundtrack

Studies and statistics do not apply to an individual.
>>
>>39250369
I like driving, but I am a borderline retard so there may be some truth to that.
>>
>>39250053
Try 28.
>>
Unfortunately. Hate it though unless it's late at night on empty streets then its comfy.
>>
>>39250369
Maybe those who say they like to drive aren't American or don't live in a city.

I pretty much refuse to do any driving from 12PM~7PM. Traffic is always terrible. Always some retard that thinks you're going too slow.

I had one instance where I was driving 20mph over the limit in a residential area, and this retard decides to cross the double yellow lines in order to pass me when we were 5 seconds away from a light. I was making a right turn, so I had to end up waiting for the full light because of this impatient dumbass who passed in front of me.
>>
That's funny, because people who aren't retarded usually drive.
>>
>>39250562
>he actually thinks this
haha
>>
>>39249982
I drive like a fucking grandma, 7 years driving not a single ticket, pretty proud of that desu.
>>
I'm getting my motorcycle license. Just need to find a bike to buy so I don't have to use my friends.
>>
>>39250575
lucky, 6 years driving here and only 1 ticket.

I was going 51mph in a 35mph zone, because I honestly thought I was in a 45mph zone.(The sign was 3 seconds driving distance away). No clue why that area was in 35

Then I got pulled over once because I made a turn too fast, lol. The cop said "The reason I pulled you over was because I saw you made that turn a little fast after you saw me".

I didn't argue. Just gave the guy my license. Came back 2 minutes later and said I'm clear.
>>
>22 almost 23
>work shitty partime job
>have 7k probably 8k now in the bank
>know how to drive, have known for 3 years now
>never been in an accident
>parents still drive me to work
>boss wanted to make me the manager but needed me licensed to drive company vehicles
>is desperate so is making me manager anyway
>16 year old coworkers drive fukung cars to work yet here i am 7 years older being dropped off by my parents
>they won't take me to get my license and you have to bring your own vehicle
>live in the boondocks so can't walk
>promise to pay for my own car gas insurance everything
>they keep putting it off

I feel like just trying to get my friend to room with me at the apts down the street from work and move out. But I only make 8.25 per hour so that's probably not going to work.
>>
>>39250662
>>22 almost 23
same here but broke hikkineet
haven't made any progress to learn to drive or try to get driver's license (though I have state id)
>>
>>39250662
>they won't take me to get my license and you have to bring your own vehicle
Why not ask a friend to take you to get your license and then you use their car?

Then after you get your license, you have them take you to a used car dealership(carmax,etc) and then you just take out a loan to buy it.
>>
>>39250686
>though I have state id)
Me too. It expires in a month and that's my only hope: getting a real license when I go to the DMV because there will be no more excuses to not.

Good luck anon I hope you learn to drive one day, or at least end up a happy hikki.
>>
>>39250532
You only had to wait one more light. He will probably die in a car crash.

I drive in a city too and just learned to let that shit go. I optimize for gas efficiency and safety not speed. There will always be shit drivers, better to let the worst ones pass you so you can keep an eye on them.
>>
>>39249982
got my license last year at 20. i want to go for a motorcycle license, but i want to try and save up for a bike first so i have the incentive to get my class M license.
>>
File: 1477116408697.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1477116408697.png
65KB, 285x276px
>tfw can drive but no car
its almost the same thing as no license
>>
>>39250704
That's my final plan. But if I start down that path I might get kicked out and then I'm fucked. Need a Better job first. Can't be one when they will see my parents dropping me off for the interview.
>>
>>39250735
>motorcycle
I hope you have a main car first.
you really dont want a motorcycle as your main transportation.
>>
>>39250762
>But if I start down that path I might get kicked out
What?
First off, why the hell wont your parents take you to the DMV to get something as basic as a license? My parents pretty much forced me to get it as soon as possible.

Second, why the hell would they care if someone else took you to get your license?

I don't really get the logic.
>>
>>39250764
no, of course i understand that. i want to get 2-3 years experience behind the wheel with an actual 4 wheel vehicle before i begin the journey to getting a motorcycle.
>>
File: 1439870117771.png (180KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1439870117771.png
180KB, 453x599px
took the road test about a week ago and failed
the grader was a stuck up stacy
that on top of my hate fore authority resulted in spaghetti

I fucking hate this all but I mostly dont care
>>
>Be 19
>Got my Drivers License a week ago after passing my drivers test
>Still can't park for shit
>Don't have a car while all of my friends do and have been driving for years
>Parents won't get me car until I'm very proficient at driving, but won't take me out to drive
>Still scared shitless at driving

I just want a cheap-ass honda civic so I can get groceries and go by the time I get an internship. At least I got a drivers license...
>>
File: 1499573244887.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1499573244887.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>39250431
>"I have a high IQ and love to drive haha"
>>
File: pfft.png (29KB, 313x376px) Image search: [Google]
pfft.png
29KB, 313x376px
>20 years old
>never even got a learning permit
>>
File: 1445711577073.jpg (20KB, 255x256px) Image search: [Google]
1445711577073.jpg
20KB, 255x256px
>>39250833
how the fuck do you fail a road test
>>
>>39250906
Not the dude, but lemme tell you; I was lucky to take mine at the driving school I took lessons from; It was literally spending 10 minutes around a shitty neighborhood. If I had to do it at the DMV, I would've had to wait until NOVEMBER to schedule a driving test and I would've had go down the ghetto and the highway so fuck that
>>
>>39250397
>>39250431
>>39250453
Not the OP

Driving is one of the most stressful activities. Everyone on the road is pretty much has an unconscious death wish for themselves and others, i have never met anyone who says they enjoy driving at all, its pretty much a complete chore to get to place to place without your hands being placed at the hands of some retard making a wrong turn.

driving at midnight, when everyone has evacuated the roads, while playing some house music is pretty stress relieving.

>>39250532
>Maybe those who say they like to drive aren't American or don't live in a city.
America has a pretty bad driving problem, where'd they give out a driving license to anyone who use a steering wheel and a pedal.

Most american drivers are self-absorbed in their driving and have no regard for human life at all.

But driving in Europe is so much worse. Its like driving in Florida except 1^10.

>>39250833
If you get distracted by a woman while driving and fail the test. Don't touch the wheel again, for the safety of everyone
>>
>>39250934
All they had me to was drive up the street, come back, make sure i made complete stops at the stop signs, and then parallel park.

Was done in 15mins.
>>
>>39250973
The only problem we have the US is driving licenses existing in the first place.
>>
File: 1463969600767.jpg (149KB, 1166x806px) Image search: [Google]
1463969600767.jpg
149KB, 1166x806px
>>39250906
alot of bad luck
point happy stacy
me being a sperg around woman (and people in general)

I've been driving without a license for nearly a year and have never been pulled over

I think I subconsciously lash out by annoying myself when confronted with people

almost like a mind masochist but I dont like it and cant really stop it

>>39250973
it's mostly authority and there is such a thing as personal space
my car is my personal space, idgaf what people do there
>>
>>39250982
Yeah, the drivers test for me wasn't bad. What was bad though was that since I was an adult when I took my lessons, I only had 8 hours and most of it was spent around the neighborhoods; Barely any time was spent on the roads with other cars and stores and stoplights etc. Not to mention that none of the 8 hours were spent at night time. So even though I have a drivers license, I still have a lot of work to do and I'm kind of worried about that desu.

desu I just want a goddamn car so my parents won't have to drive me to college
>>
>>39251004
>it's mostly authority and there is such a thing as personal space
I can agree and i've suffered similar a similar problem.

I got a cunt of a driving instructor, an shriveled up roastie. Who had a comepletely sardonic tone to every single "mistake" , marking it as overly cautious, when I had made, in reality, a conscious and safe decision.

I had never wanted to flay someone so bad.
>>
>>39251076
some people are best left to dirt and be recrystallized
I have a hard time understanding why so many seemingly shit people exist
>>
>>39251132
>some people are best left to dirt and be recrystallized
that's a really specific thought, kek
>>
>>39249982
I ride a motorbike, better than a car desu
>>
>>39250369

>i dont mind driving when there is no traffic, but i cant stand driving in traffic.
Literally this. Living in a big city is so fucking shit. Too much traffic and people get mad so easily. If someone insults me on the street I will beat the shit out of him no matter what because I have horrible anger issues.
Once a woman said something to me and insulted her until I had no more air in my lungs in a autistic burst of rage. Same with a faggot old man
>>
>>39250604
Better get a Ducati. Asian bikes are normie as fuck
>>
Just my motorcylce endorsment, looking at bikes now!
>>
>>39250053
Got it right before i turned 23. No one cares.
>>
>>39251132
>I have a hard time understanding why so many seemingly shit people exist
Most people are neurotic fucks. Its best to not think about th shitty nature of people when they're so driven by emotion and not intuition.

>>39251170
motorbikes are like a legal way of suicide desu
>>
I would kill for a nice 1.8 Miata and am instead with an old Buick with a 3 speed auto

Endmy suffering
>>
if you have a car, dont give coworkers a ride, ever.

>co-worker has a car problem
>barely talk to him, but for some reason he asks me for a ride, despite me being the person he talks to the least
>fine, pick him up and drop him off
>smells like weed in the morning
>makes my entire car stink
>his car is fixed after 3 days, can finally not deal with his druggie ass anymore
>1 day later
>his entire car breaks down
>asks me for a ride until he gets a new car
>tell him he has to pay me $20 a week
>he agrees
>he starts becoming shitty
>already told him exactly what time im picking him up at
>doesnt get up
>call/text
>doesnt respond
>give him a final text that im leaving in 5mins
>leave his ass because hes about to make me late
>later that day he texts me that he woke up late(no shit)
>next day
>he tells me he preordered food and wants me to stop at this place to pick it up
>really getting on my nerves now
>stop at food place
>he didnt preorder anything. end up waiting 40 mins
>shit like this goes on for another week
>finally tell him im tired of his ass and not giving him rides anymore
>he gets fired 2 days later
>tried to call me 1 last time
>dont pick up
>>
>>39251187
All the vintage ones are too expensive for a college student like me.
>>
>>39251222
intuition and thinking is the way to go all day
my head might be a trashcan on the inside but multiple people have complimented my perceptiveness
>>
>>39249982
>tfw literally filed complaints until I could go to any DMV in the state I wanted because my DMV always had lines

HAHAHA FUCK YOU DMV
>>
I usually use metro when possible, sometimes tram or buses. I have a car and license, but barely use it. For long distances there are trains and planes.
>>
Driving in traffic is basically a new social interaction because you have to understand actions and motivations of other people, and those are things I'm not good at. Why else would I be hear?
>>
>>39251387
>usually use metro when possible, sometimes tram or buses
Must not be American.

I had to take public transportation when I didn't have a car, and it absolutely sucked.

>>39251440
>understand actions and motivations of other people
Lol? You just go forward and obey the lights/signs.
>>
File: IMG_20170816_154406473s.jpg (1MB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_154406473s.jpg
1MB, 2080x1170px
I love driving and it's one of the few things I live I genuinely enjoy. I don't own a sports car, granted, but my car is at least somewhat quick and handles well. There's nothing like putting the foot down on a curvy road and feeling how connected you are to the machine, how every thought channels into an action on the controls of the car without you even realizing it.

>>39250369
Driving in traffic is pretty mind numbing but at least spirited driving in a nice road I think it's pretty demanding psychologically. You have to be aware of your surroundings, how the car is reacting to your input, anticipate the road ahead, you have to operate both the engine, steering and transmission according to the road in front of you.
>>
>>39250833
Gonna have my driving instructor in the car when I take my test mid October, he's a really chill guy and we watch the same sci fi shows so it'd be nice to have someone I know isnt trying to fuck me over in the car, usually when driving we just talk about the weekly sci fi shows we watched and have a laugh, its quite nice really, helps that I'm a naturally good driver as I've only had 7 lessons and already got my test booked
>>
>got my license 3 months ago
>crashed in an intersection because I stupidly thought I could make the left turn without the green arrow and ended up getting t boned by a truck
>now Im getting fucked over by my insurance since it was my fault as well as be triggered as fuck every time I get on a car
How do I bounce back from this?
>>
File: 1502372234386.jpg (162KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502372234386.jpg
162KB, 1280x1024px
>got license at 18
>21 now
>haven't drove a car since getting a license
poorfag life for you fellas
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.