[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The bright side of r9k

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1472452723846.jpg (216KB, 710x886px) Image search: [Google]
1472452723846.jpg
216KB, 710x886px
I see a lot of negativity and hopelessness here. I can relate to it a lot, but things have been looking up for me recently and I want to see if I can start a positive thread for some motivation. So, ignoring all the things stacked up against you, list all the factors in your life that can help you "make it".
General self improvement memes also welcome.

I'll start:

1. Been in bed for months depressed, recently forcing myself to go to the gym + one other healthy thing daily (even if I spend the rest of the time in bed)
2. Getting better on not dwelling on negative thoughts (even if they are still there)
3. Working with doctors and on new medications
4. I'm going to start seeing a therapist weekly starting next week
5. Feel like I'm finally emotionally "ready" to really tackle and work through my issues instead of letting them fester
6. Lost 110 pounds over the last 15~ months and generally looking/feeling better
7. I'm starting to get female attention for the first time in my life because of the weight loss + new confidence
8. I have an online friend who is willing to listen and help, can relate to my particular depressive issues personally
9. I haven't hurt myself in a few weeks after I promised her I'd stop (accountability to someone else helps a lot)
10. Making medium-term plans on what to do with my life after dealing with my current mental condition (fitness, finally getting my last highschool credits, finding a job)
11. Making plans to tell a few of my IRL friends the full extent of my illness so I don't have to reply entirely on online circles for support
12. My dad told me he won't kick me out as long as I keep making an effort to get better, and try to finish school/find a job afterwords.

So what do you have going for you, r9k? Sharing even the tiniest sliver of hope is encouraged.
inb4 "nothing", don't post if you have nothing to share faggot.
>>
>>39249690
Good for you bro. I hope you continue down this path, and that things keep getting better.
>>
Stopped taking depression/anxiety/birth control meds. Feel way better. The side effects were way worse than I realized. Haven't really been able to fix anything else in my life but at least I feel a bit better
>>
>>39249786
What else have you been trying to fix anon?
>>
realised how fucked up this world was, now working and investing for my child not to be a wagecuk
>>
Ive finally gotten over my breakup with my ex. I still have problems with letting go, but im finally over this.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.