[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking did it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: sad bee.jpg (125KB, 540x797px) Image search: [Google]
sad bee.jpg
125KB, 540x797px
I tried for the first time to make hard boiled eggs and FAILED MISERABLY.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FUCK UP HARD BOILED EGGS, IT'S THE SIMPLEST FUCKING DISH YOU COULD EVER FUCKING MAKE. YOU LITERALLY BOIL SOME FUCKING EGGS. AND THEN YOU EAT THEM. HOW HARD COULD IT BE?
APPARENTLY HARD ENOUGH FOR ME TO COMPLETELY FUCK IT UP

fuck my life. this is why I eat nothing but cereal. why do I even try?
>>
>>39241402

Don't bee discouraged op.
Cooking takes practice. You might fail at one thing and then make something else like a pro.
Try again, you'll get it right.

Were they over cooked or undercooked? Did the water boil over?
>>
>>39241462
They were my last eggs and they exploded almost as soon as I put them in the water. So I ended up with a big ol' pot of weird eggshell-popcorn soup.
>>
>>39241402
They're a pain in the ass to make. Put the eggs in cold water, just covered. Pop a lid on and bring it to a boil for ten minutes, turn off heat and leave for another 10. Run them under cold water.
>>
What happened, and what was incorrect in your method that can be improved next time? If you answer these questions you will learn, and then surely you will be having hard boiled egg meals for the rest of your days anon you must improve.
>>
>>39241523
I just boiled the water and plopped the eggs in.
>>
>>39241510
Wait, did you throw them directly in to boiling water?
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 567x584px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 567x584px
>>39241549
maybe you just cracked under the pressure
>>
>>39241577
fucking kek
I'm sorry op, couldn't help it
>>
>>39241510
Protip: use a pushpin to poke a tiny hole in the top of the egg. It won't explode when you put it in. Make sure the hole is small enough that shit doesn't leak out, though.
>>
>>39241402
If you put a little bit of white vinegar in the water while you boil them, it makes them easier to peel off the shell.
>>
>>39241549
You are suppose to put the eggs first then bring to a boil. Getting hard boiled eggs cooked right is actually pretty hard.
>>
>>39241565
Didn't 'throw' but yes. I placed the eggs in boiling water.

>>39241577
[sigh]

>>39241633
Duly noted.
>>
>>39241510
LMAO you retard you don't bloody smash them into boiled water, you're should boil the water with the eggs in them. How do you not forget how to breath?
>>
>>39241664
well I've never made boiled eggs before and I know that you're supposed to boil the water first with pasta so I assumed that's what you're supposed to do...
nobody taught me how to do these things.
>>
>>39241510
>>39241549
yeah dude, you boil the eggs together with the water. Also the water shouldnt be bubbling hot, just vaporizing.

you really aren't the first one to fuck that up. There actually is a bit of experience to be gained there
>>
jesus christ it's your first time, you either under or overcooked them, live and learn you big shitposting baby
>>
>>39241686
You fucknugget literally have the whole world at your fingertips, instead you fucked it up and even made a thread about it. Other people would've just kept their mouths shut. Unironically jump off a bridge.
>>
>>39241402
lol calm down you autist, fucking up when cooking is common
normies sometimes post pics of them failing at cooking something easy as fuck and just laugh about it on facebook.
I can cook a bunch of foods that are not that easy, sometimes I make them right and sometimes I fail at something like craking an egg properly.
Watch tutorials (text or videos) on the internet of whatever you want to cook before you do it.
>>
>>39241402
>try to make rice
>shit ends up gloopy and shitty
>whatever maybe I can save this
>throw fucking eggs in the shit and try to fry it
>shit starts burning
>eat garbage meal and cry
>>
>>39241792
Make sure the water you jump into
isn't boiling or you might mess up the eggs again op
>>
>>39241686
You can just google it and find plenty of instructions on how to make hard boiled eggs. It pretty much what I do when I cook, everyone says how good of a cook I am, but I just know how to follow instructions.
>>
OP today you have learner the theory and dangers of thermal shock. This is the same principal behind why you pour cold water on a frosted car windscreen, not hot water, as the rapid change in temperature and rapid expansion of the surface can make it crack or shatter, like your eggs. We're your eggs cold, out of the fridge? Either way, next time, put the eggs in the pot when the water is cold, and put it on the stove until it's boiling. You have learner a lesson, do not be disheartened
>>
>>39241633
wait your not really calling the flat side the top right? because its the flat side where the air is. And thats the bottom, like come on just look at it
>>
>>39241633
Holy shit that's brilliant, I also tried to boil eggs for the first time the other day and trying to peel those fuckers was a pain in the cunt.
>>
>>39241850
did you stir a lot? cause stirring is the way to make risotto, normal rice just sits on very low temperature to prevent burning
>>
>tfw your food always eggsplodes
Maybe this thread has helped me. Maybe.
>>
>>39241402
>making hard boiled eggs
Why though? Worst tasting egg and need to boil water. Even a brain let can make a fried egg, try that
>>
make omelets instead
>>
>>39242945
>Says hard-boiled egg is worst tasting
>RECOMMENDS FRIED
Confirmed no taste
>>
File: IMG_0202.gif (916KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0202.gif
916KB, 490x367px
>people don't cook eggs on their rice
Look its not fucking hard
Butter and White rice, lukewarm water, ans DONT DUMP A BUNCH OF WATER LIKE YOU'RE COOKING PASTA NEGRO
Stir, eventually crack an egg on top and raise temperature. Mix and cook for like 15 minutes. Add sriracha and ittadakimasu your way out of the JA/ck/ line.
>>
>>39243985
>add pepper
>add soy sauce

Only white people like hard boiled eggs
>>
>>39241970
it was normal rice
i didnt stir, i think I let it simmer on low but I fucked it up somehow
>>
>>39241402
Don't be sad op, you may have fucked up an egg but I've fucked up my whole life!
>>
I really like cooking and want to get good but I'm so fucking afraid of people I can't bring myself to do it around my roommates. Haven't ate anything after breakfast for 4 days, I hate that I'm like this
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.