[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

creative bots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1468275972555.jpg (20KB, 272x204px) Image search: [Google]
1468275972555.jpg
20KB, 272x204px
Where do creative people get the energy and drive to work on a single thing for years?
Sometimes I start writing or start making a game. I'm not too shabby at it if I dare say so. I made designs for about 10 games and I feel pretty confident about 2-3 of them.
Honestly I don't know why I always stop working in projects. If somebody spends years on a book or game, what are they thinking?
>oh man this is so good
>I bet people can't wait to play this
>I HAVE to finish this and show it to the world

I want to know where that conviction comes from. I know that drafts improve over time and it's a great feeling to see the game grow.
Not sure what I'm trying to say here. Now that I typed it out I don't even know what I'm worried about.

creative general
post stories, projects, worries
>>
I writte stuff and im planning to publish some novels and books next year

I understand what you say about energy, I was depressed and when you are depressed your imagination is on top forms because you spend a lot of time thinking and over thinking, also because Im a film and book worm so I get a lot of ideas every day, but as you are depressed you have the creativity but no the will or the energy to do something

I have a 40 yr old neet virgin loser brother who is working on a videogame since I was 11(im 23) and he does not seem to improve at all, I often check his room to see and is still a cringy dungeon and dragons ripoff but he always brag about how he is going to be rich and why he decided to not get a job and foucus on his "secret" project (my mom thinks he is designing an app or something)

so don't being like me or my brother I guess, overcome your apathy but also do not waste your time on something that you know is non-viable no matter how much you like it
>>
I think people who write books started by writing other stuff, such as shit for newspapers and magazines, critiques, short stories, whatever, and as they developed writing skill that allowed them to have the ability to write a whole novel. Kinda like lifting weights.
Games are probably something similar. Start by makings mods for other games, hacks, related software, flash games and as you gather skill, knowledge and connections (online counts) you'll be able to work on bigger projects.
>>
>>39239426

I know that feel.
I have so many projects I started but never completed.

>An original RPG with 3 hours of quests not including side quests and exploration
>A ballad that I wrote, made a backing track to with cubase and recorded ukulele for, it just needs the lyrics recorded and mixing/mastering
>2 Instructional books with 30+ pages
>1 novel with 120 pages but I'm not even halfway through my original plan for it
>An ambient album with 3/10 tracks ready and cover art
>Many drawings
>20+ fully written lyrics
>Tons of guitar riffs I came up with

Maybe I just don't think they're good enough. It sucks.
I'll probably never make anything I'm proud of.
>>
File: A New American Gothic.jpg (83KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
A New American Gothic.jpg
83KB, 600x660px
>>39239426
Can't speak for everyone but I feel like the energy comes from the drive to create something that will be talked after is release, maybe after your death.
You know, to create the next Evangelion, the next Planescape Torment, to create something that will have an impact.
Although I have the same drive I also understand where you come from. I tend not to drop projects cause I think about them before i start working, the main thing for me, is the lazy factor.
I feel like I never write enough but at the same time, should I keep writing if i'm bored or unmotivated at the time?
I guess i'll just keep struggling along. My hope is that with time i'll get used to it and not get bored after 2 hours.
Kinda like working out. You don't start out by doing 150 push ups.
But at the same time, everyday we move closer to death, everyday the chance of putting out your magnum opus becomes slimmer, time is running out, so if you don't spend your every waking moments working on you project, your wasting precious time.
Fuck me.
>>
>>39239972
your brother is definitely mentally ill.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.