[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My identity crisis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1498629467039.jpg (26KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498629467039.jpg
26KB, 409x409px
Ever since I was old enough to speak, I was confused by the question "Where are you from?"
I was growing up in Japan, but I knew that I was not Japanese. I knew I was an Uzbek citizen but I did not speak Japanese. I spoke and thought in Russian, but I knew I did not look remotely Russian. Perhaps if I had stayed in Japan, I could eventually grow accustomed to calling myself Japanese, especially abroad, but I didn't. I left for Europe with my family at the age of 10. It was then that I realized that only place which felt like home was Japan. That I myself was a boy with no place to belong in, but only a place to long for.
Every passing day, I float further away from my true home. In the meantime, I have learned to skillfully evade questions about my nationality.
Maybe someday I can return to the one I love most - my country, Japan.
>>
>>39237630
this is not your own blog fagitto
>>
>>39237658
Just needed a place to vent. I'm finally able to pay for my own survival, but the more I become accustomed to living a comfortable life in Europe, the harder it will be to move to Japan.
>>
>>39238065
Use your time to develop useful technical abilities that you can transfer over

Try and learn the language before you go back
>>
>>39238107
I know the language. I was raised there.

My entire education and all my experience was all in order to be employable in Japan as a software engineer
>>
You speak moonspeak like a native Japanese, amigo?
>>
>>39239003
I definitely used to, but I probably have a bit of an accent now and my Japanesevocabulary is at the level of a 10 year-old. My kanji knowledge is also quite limited, but I am trying my best to learn a new kanji/kanji combo a day so as to be prepared for my grand return.
>>
>>39238906
Well if you were raised there just say that you come from Japan. Who gives a shit if it's technically true or not.
>>
I wish i had something to dream of,a higher purpose.Good luck anon,i hope you return to where your heart belongs one day.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.