[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Centers / Temp Agencies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1487061561875.png (217KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
1487061561875.png
217KB, 619x619px
I'm going to be 25 this week and want to start turning my life around so I don't commit sudoku at 30.
My stats:
>neet for past 3 years
>live with divorced neet mom on alimony-bux in California, USA
>never had a job, no references
>no friends or gf (obviously)
>finished first half of Accounting degree at community college
>dropped out of school during transfer process instead of finishing last 2 years at state college, hated it too much to continue
>mom is in poor health and has no insurance
>need off this sinking ship
However
>recently acquired a decent car from my dad because he bought a new one
>kicked my addiction to video games completely
>in good shape, somewhat tall (6'1), not ugly
>can type at 90-100 WPM, know basics of Excel and database programs from classes I took for accounting
>can deal with people without sperging out if I take phenibut or a low dose of my xanax prescription with some caffeine
>dont have any criminal history or smoke weed or anything like that
Does anyone here have any experience with Job Centers or Temp Agencies? I want to start working pretty bad, but it seems like sending out resumes would be a waste of time with no work experience or references to list. It would basically just be a piece of paper saying I graduated high school with my phone number. I'm open to warehouse work, data entry, security guard work, retail slaving, etc. Basically anything except for fast food. Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>39236369
>warehouse work
This is your best bet, or similar manual labor. Forget about your dumb 100wpm and all that shit. Write a simple fake resume listing 2-3 manual labor jobs over the past couple of years, and get someone to be a fake reference for you. With this you can easily get any regular warehouse job and it's not as if you'll have any trouble doing the actual work. After that you can get different jobs now that you have a real reference. For security work and such you probably need some sort of certificate or such, depending on your country, but it's a good idea for later.
>>
>>39236420
I don't have anyone to be a fake reference for me. Aren't job centers supposed to set you up with work if you have no experience since they get a portion of your pay?
>>
>>39236477
Yeah a temp agency should be able to find you something. It will be a soul-crushing, mind-numbing job but a job nonetheless. Typing is a plus, you might be able to swing a data entry gig.
>>
>>39236477
I don't know how it works in America but here a job center doesn't get a portion of your pay, they're just useless and provide you with fake work like internships. Temp agencies do get a portion of your pay but they wouldn't "hire" someone without work experience anyway.

The truth is that it is just a huge waste of time for you to look for work while being honest. There is also no reason at all to be honest. Half of the normie test is just being socially competent enough to realize that you can't get a job without previous work experience, they assume that if someone was in that situation they would at least be smart enough to lie about it. If you go around being completely honest people will just assume you're totally retarded and there's something massively wrong with you.

If you don't have any friends at all your best option is literally to ask some random person to do it for you and offer to pay them a little for it. Even someone from the internet would work. I'd do it for you but I'm in a European country.

It sounds complicated and difficult but it's just a matter of ignoring your autism and just doing it. You have nothing at all to lose, and it is your life we are talking about here, there's no reason not to just try your hardest. If you do, it will be really simple, and you will get a job.

I did this and got my first real job at 25 too after being a NEET for 9 years.
>>
>>39236523
That is somewhat reassuring, thank you.
>>39236561
Thanks for the reply, maybe if I list a bunch of fake minimum wage jobs they won't bother to contact anyone to verify them. I suppose could try asking some family members to pose as references as well since they would have California phone numbers. My hope is that an employer wouldn't waste their time calling anyone in the first place since I would be applying for entry-level positions only.
>>
>>39236687
>Thanks for the reply, maybe if I list a bunch of fake minimum wage jobs they won't bother to contact anyone to verify them.
This is better than nothing.
> I suppose could try asking some family members to pose as references as well since they would have California phone numbers.
That would certainly work, I assumed it wasn't an option since you sad you had no one. They will almost definitely want to call a reference, but they really don't have high standards, it's like I said, it's just a matter of being able to scrounge up at least one person to pretend to be a reference, and if you can't even manage that there's no way anyone would hire you since they'll assume you're completely hopeless. As long as you have ONE person they can call, no matter who, it's all good.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-31-20h12m40s627.png (710KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-31-20h12m40s627.png
710KB, 1280x718px
Bumping in case anyone else has something relevant to share
>>
>>39236369
take any job you can as of now as it is true in most circumstances you won't get a job unless you are already employed. It's all about connections, I got my first serious job while being trained how to use a till in a supermarket as the person training me asked when i did in college. you can do it, believe in yourself
>>
This is why mexicans in the USA need to go back. If you're a young mexican kid and speak spanish in the USA, at least 17 years old you can walk on to any construction site and get a job in 5 mins. You'll be making $10 and starting at the bottom but still. You could also walk up to any lawn crew and ask for a job and you'll get hired, usually about $10/hr too. No white or blacks can do this, they have to go to job centers to get anything. Now those 2 jobs I mentioned SUCK, but you have to start low and you can learn on the job more skills for higher pay.
>>
>>39236369

>mom is in poor health and has no insurance
>need off this sinking ship

that supported your useless ass

You're a real piece of shit. You know that? I hope you choke on your meds.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.