[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VPN

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: necked.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
necked.png
42KB, 655x509px
Do any of you use a VPN and which one?
>>
I have a lifetime pass for VPN unlimited.
>>
Private Internet Access

They're good because they don't suck.
>>
>>39234746
Get tails on a usb and use that instead its way better than any vpn
>>
>>39235592
PIA is fucking cancer, till this day I still can't uninstall their shitty software.
>>
>>39234746
Why should I use a VPN?
>>
File: a19.png (251KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
a19.png
251KB, 500x375px
Only use VPN to access Ameriblob content.

Holy fucking shit is the HBO NOW app awful. Would never ever pay for this garbage.
>>
>>39235703
If you're in America the only reason to use a VPN is to download torrents. Anywhere else it's probably to avoid government website blocking.

You're better off paying for a seedbox though since you can just download the files remotely to it and then just download them through SFTP. No VPN required and your IP will never show up on the torrent peer list (that's where companies check the IP address and send a letter to the ISP to send it to you and you'll get a strike or something)
>>
Do i have any reason for a VPN in the UK?
>>
File: 1501041254765.gif (244KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501041254765.gif
244KB, 480x270px
>>39234746
Why even bother?
If you have an Intel CPU, the government/NSA has a literal backdoor into your entire system.
Even if you don't have that, most alphabet agencies can EASILY get into your system if they really wanted to. You honestly think a VPN is enough to stop the fucking NSA? In the modern day there is NO such thing as true privacy. If someone wanted to know exactly what you do on your PC, someone in government, they could easily do it in a heartbeat.

But to answer your question, if you want a good VPN you have to pay for it. And yes, even the ones that say they "don't keep logs" most likely fucking do and only tell you that so that they fool you into downloading their shitty freemium garbage that doesn't do anything but change your IP. I'd rec you PureVPN
>>39235592
PIA is a meme VPN.
>>39236200
You don't need a VPN to download torrents. Countless millions of people torrent countless millions of things every single day. And if you're worried about your IP showing up just use malwarebytes.
>>39236230
People in the fucking UK have the most legitimate reasons for using a VPN. Your government is a fucking dictatorial 1984 nanny-state that would jail you for browing 4chan or for doing wrong-think.
>>
>>39235616
Better how? It's certainly not faster. And you've got to deal with the possibility that a malicious exit node could be running SSLStrip & Reading your form submissions.
>>
>>39236357
>PIA is a meme VPN.

how so
>>
>You don't need a VPN to download torrents. Countless millions of people torrent countless millions of things every single day. And if you're worried about your IP showing up just use malwarebytes.

Why are you stupid though?

MBAM doesn't hide your IP, it just stops you from getting aids. You do need a VPN to torrent in the US. I'm on my 4th strike of 6 from comcast.
>>
>>39236586
I've been torrenting my whole life without a VPN and I've never received a single strike.
It may be just your ISP really. I don't have comcast and I've never gotten a strike.
>>
File: 430.jpg (69KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
430.jpg
69KB, 699x485px
>pay 10 bucks for 1000mbps
>torrent a few hundreds gigs every week
>do literally anything cause the government doesn't give a shit
>never even touched a vpn

having fun zhang johnson?
>>
>>39236586
>can't torrent without a vpn
Land of the free ahahhaha
>>
>>39236719
Again, I think only Comcast and a select few other ISPs are famous for cracking down on torrent use.
Dont get a shitty ISP and you can torrent all you want.
Then again, in America you only have 1 or two fucking choices in an entire area for an ISP so it's not really feasible to change your isp.
>>
>>39236586

>Don't live in burgerland so police and ISP's are logical and sue people who spread pirated content instead of messing with those who download it

America is a joke
>>
>>39234746

No fucking point anymore. Atleast for me. I'm pretty sure I was already on some lists even before I learned what vpn is.
>>
>>39236586
>land of the free
>bastion of capitalism
>can't play online poker
>can't gamble on sports
>can't pay for sex
>can't daytrade without putting up tens of thousands of dollars
>can't trade CFDs
>can't drink alcohol at age 20
>can't torrent movies
what a joke of a country
>>
>>39234746
Cyber ghost is free and say they don't keep any logs
>>
>>39236357
>You don't need a VPN to download torrents.

There's really one major use for torrents. Pirated content. And if you're using it for that purpose, you're gonna need to use a VPN so your ISP doesn't impose strikes on your account.

>And if you're worried about your IP showing up just use malwarebytes

Is this a /g/ meme?
>>
>>39236200
If you use a vpn your vpn ip appears in the torrent list.
>>
>>39237901
Yeah and that means YOU don't get an email or a strike on your account. What's your point?
>>
>>39234746
I just live in a free country and not some third world shithole where you can't even have private internet.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.