[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i go to trade school to become a plumber? discuss

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1503383644032.jpg (265KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503383644032.jpg
265KB, 708x1000px
should i go to trade school to become a plumber?

discuss
>>
>>39230452
Why not? Could be a good job if you live in a unionized area. Plus there are many different kinds of plumbers. Go for it!
>>
Depends really, area and etc, plumbers here in Bexley Ohio make a killing for little to nothing, other areas like groveport they suffer a bit.

You tryin to make your own business?
>>
>>39230452
You gonna fix what? Pipes of traps?
No, just pipes that blocked with stacy's stuff.
>>
It's not a bad idea, trades are the way to go in my opinion.
>>
>>39230452
I'd recommend a spark over plumber but not a bad idea at all. go for it.
>>
File: 1440653847137.png (227KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
1440653847137.png
227KB, 410x500px
>school
>to become a plumber
>>
>>39230540
took a shit ton of APs in high school too but id rather not be in jew debt working at mcdonalds with a degree not worth anything
>>
>>39230568
The only reasons I can think of to go to university is to become a doctor or lawyer or something maybe. The Crapitalist system should allow you to perform your profession with a license at most, and you just need to take a test for that I think.
>>
>>39230540
>not knowing about vocational schools
>>
>>39230625
I'm not a peasant, do you actually have to attend a trade school to perform that profession with the state's consent?
>>
>>39230633
Depends on state and regional requirements, especially if there are trade unions and strict regulations about employment. OP will at least have to go through some training process.
>>
>>39230671
That sounds like shit, I'd just move to a state that allows the minimal paperwork.
>>
>>39230680
Unfortunately, the perks of minimal paperwork end there. OP would be better off going through the red tape in area that can offer decent pay than being some word-of-mouth plumber without job protection.
>>
>>39230712
I guess that is how roaches live.
>>
>>39230724
but im not turkish
>>
>>39230745
These crapitalist parasites are actually worse than roaches in a way.
>>
>>39230452
The trades can be a pretty good way to make a living but I think it's important to pick a trade that you actually enjoy. One of the best things about the trades is you'll work with a bunch of incompetent idiots and a bunch of highly competent people but who aren't good with finances and entrepreneurship. Thus, if you can get good at a trade, and are financial responsible, you have relatively little competition to starting your own business and going from making a decent living to making the kind of living that would make many doctors or lawyers jealous.

>>39230592
>lawyer
Only if you can go to a top 10, preferably top 5, law school.

t. welder/weld inspector

I'm back to wageslaving now but I also have my own small business and previously sold a larger business.
>>
>>39230452

I am getting into HVAC

Get this though, there was a three year wait list for HVAC and Plumber at my local college. Try to make sure you don't get screwed on a list.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.