[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started randomly working out. Each day I've been focusing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: the dose.gif (25KB, 329x302px) Image search: [Google]
the dose.gif
25KB, 329x302px
So I started randomly working out. Each day I've been focusing a different body area for about 30 minutes using a pair of 25 lbs dumbbells I had laying around.

But now im at the point where my entire body is sore, and I can barely do any reps of anything.

What now, I know some of you robots are in shape.

It's been about a week. I tried starting over from what I started on, my biceps and shoulders, but I cant seem to do much before failure.
>>
>>39230135
thanks for the original dose doc
>>
>>39230135
You went all in on all parts for too long. Try spacing your workouts. See /fit/ for more. Recovery from soreness is most important. Get a lot of sleep, drink more water, and eat anti-inflammatory food (e.g., berries, green veggies, etc.).
>>
>>39230135
much obliged, doctor
>>
File: 1503043954738.jpg (44KB, 234x228px) Image search: [Google]
1503043954738.jpg
44KB, 234x228px
>randomly working out
>dumbbells i had laying around

So out of nowhere you grabbed a random weight and started flailing around for 30 minutes and of a sudden you feel pain? Have you ever heard of exercises that work best when executed right or starting with small weights to build up some base?
>>
>>39230135
Pain is good. It means progress. Give your muscles a little rest to let them heal, then keep at it.

Just be sure whatever exercises you're doing, you do them slowly. If you're doing reps really fast you could be ruining your form and actually hurting yourself.
>>
>>39230135

too much too fast, use smaller weights like 15-20lbs for 15 reps for 3-5 sets, 30 seconds rest between sets
>>
>>39230211
I wouldn't describe it as pain, and the weights were my brothers before he moved out. I've read plenty online saying that if you want to gain strength, working out til failure is the best way to do it. So I'd do multiple work outs, typically 12 reps in 3 sets each. I just kind of expected my body to recover within a week.

>>39230193
I actually was focusing on one specific area a day thinking the muscles would be recovered by the time I got back to it. I assume this is just because my body isn't use to it. I might have to buy lighter weights so I can still get a decent pump when my muscles are fatigued still.
>>
>>39230235
How long can you wait before your muscles start deteriorating? I figure waiting 15+ days between lifting is counter-intuitive.
>>
Arigato doc
>>
>>39230262
Working out until exhaustion is right however you really really REALLY need to focus on your movement. Like i said use exercises. Theyre invented for a reason. You can damage your Joints and muscles really bad by just pulling and lifting weight in random directions
>>
>>39230384
I'm specifically looking up exercises. I'm not randomly flailing weights around. I dont know what lifts work out what to begin with so I just google "Dumbbell shoulder" "Dumbbell Abs" "Dumbbell Forearm" etc etc
>>
>>39230472
Okay thats a good start and i apologize for being so agressive but what you described almost sounded like (((crossfit))). Looking up exercises is good but i have no idea of your physical condition . Some exercises arent suited for "beginners " and im not sure about the instructions they give you. If you really want to have a nice and safe workout visit a gym and let them give you some advice. Neiter me nor 90% of the internet are experts and cant judge what could suit you through a screen. You can use many different exercises for the same muscle group. It depends on your personal preferance and how you want to make Progress, how well your body takes certain movements and so on. Especially the shoulders/sipne are dangerous when you have no knowledge or experiences and its easy to damage them in the long term.

So tldr get real life advice from real muscle bros and try some different Things, coose your preference. Dont listen to: "i swear [exercise] is better that [other exercise]. Maybe even get some literature
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.