[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is effort worth it? Why? Putting effort in things is usually

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Is effort worth it?

Why?

Putting effort in things is usually fruitless. The only way around that is to invest so much effort that by the time you see any result it will have lost all initial value and will feel more like a minor compensation rather than a reward.

Fuck life.
>>
>>39229896
Not if it means enough to someone.
For many people, there are things they'd like to see happen so badly that they'll do whatever it takes, just to see that effort realized. How much actual value it has to the rest of the world doesn't matter; the craft and process itself is enough for them.
You ever see a passionate indie movie that gets releasef at some film festival? Or a good indie game that comes from 1 or 2 guys in their spare time? The world will decide whatever it wants about their work. But to many creators and workers, it means anything.

... I wish I knew what it felt like. To place personal value in something.
>>
>>39229896
I mean, once you have this realization, you're better off trying to distract yourself until you become so good at something that you realize you've overlooked all the effort you've put into it.

Otherwise, yeah, fuck life.
>>
File: Flat800x800075f.jpg (119KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
Flat800x800075f.jpg
119KB, 800x764px
>>39229949
Fuck this phone.

*but to them, it means everything.
>>
>>39229949
"enjoy the process" sounds like something a slave owner would say to his servants to keep them motivated
>>
>>39229954
That's surprisingly solid advice.
>>
>>39230004
Everything is technically a process. It's all about how much you enjoy that process.

I'm not saying everyone enjoys the job they do currently. I'm talking about those that put effort into what they like doing.

Effort has to be fueled by motivation. For some, the delight in one's work and the process is enough to keep them going. It doesn't have to be anything grand; just whatever you enjoy doing.

Effort is most "worth it" in the pursuit of personal satisfaction. And even that doesn't have to relate to being selfish. Plenty of people find personal satisfaction in helping others. Just look at doctors and civil services.
>>
>>39230098
I like the process of watching people around me suffering because they don't deserve my effort the most nowadays.
Two decades of bullshit and abuse, all while trying to remain your good willed, innocent self... It just falls apart.
>>
>>39230098
Where do you draw this wisdom from? Genuinely curious, because most people wouldn't be able to compose the sentences you wrote.
>>
>>39230144
But there's not very much effort involved in that, is there? It's easy to hate other people.
>>
File: 959_14_w480-016762n-759x500.jpg (102KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
959_14_w480-016762n-759x500.jpg
102KB, 759x500px
>>39229896
basically in life there are haves and have nots

If you were guaranteed to have through effort you would love effort.

asians are the most suicidal people on the planet.
>>
>>39230144
Yeah I can kinda get that position, but like >>39230166 said there's no effort involved in it.
>>
>>39230161
I talk to people sometimes, people that are happy in the career they're in. I also talk to those that aren't happy where they were.
It's something I really just came up with based on that experience. Seeing the world through other's eyes is a good teacher if you find the right ones.
>>
>>39229896
It's human nature to want to overcome effort. It's how you grow as a person. Enough effort and hardship and you may just see the world, yourself and those around you a little more clearly. Sorry, that's the unpleasant truth. Like right now, I finished my morning coffee and I'm supposed to go revise physics for the 25th day in a row but I'm on r9k for a few more minutes. Fuck it, I gotta do it.

But don't get me wrong, I don't mean working in a mine for 20 years will make you a genius or anything. There's a lot of different kinds of effort.
>>
>>39230178
I'm not sure I follow. Why are you bringing up asians?
>>
>>39230215
Op posted asian dad meme and east asians in particular are renowned for their dedication and hard work but also painfully competitive economy.
>>
>>39230250
They have to be competitive to compensate for the lack of creativity and innovation. Nothing left to do when you aren't capable of coming up with anything new short of making minor adjustments to existing concepts/things.
>>
>>39230178
>If you were guaranteed to have through effort you would love effort.

OK, so how do I become "guaranteed to have"?
>>
>>39230287
that's what everyone says but most people in the west are just trying to get a job themselves with very few creating new industries.

>>39230309
do something low risk I guess
>>
>>39230339
Having a brilliant idea alone isn't enough when the whole system is rigged.
>>
>>39230166
>>39230188
Are you fucking kidding me? I am a naturally good person, I got tricked out of my lunch money back in elementary because my classmates would say they had no money to eat and I felt sorry for them... Only to later on see them eating chips.
It took me 25 years to achieve this level of fulfillment. 25 years of pure suffering at the hands of absolutely directionless beasts who happen to look like me.
>>
>>39230401
May they die in excruciatingly agonizing pain while we watch eating popcorn.
>>
File: The-Young-Pope.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The-Young-Pope.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
>>39230389
well it's a start anon
>>
>>39229896

depends stop being so vague

Putting effort in what exactly ?

Honestly nothing really matters, it's about profit for minimal effort.

People who do things for the "grand sheme" of things or legacy are delluded idiots. It's all about misplaced pride, entitlment and egotistical need.

If you're free from that you realize that it's about gain/profit. You should ask yourself what do i want and why ?

I.E how much effort for how much gain
>>
>>39230524
the low hanging fruit of defeatist nihilism is nothing more then a poison apple of sickness and desolation

if it's in your power to do good waste no time doing evil
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.