[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw not enough to dedication to play a video game every day,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1502336679238.png (525KB, 722x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502336679238.png
525KB, 722x720px
>tfw not enough to dedication to play a video game every day, slowly becoming one of the best players over time and eventually going pro.

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
No,

i suck at everything. became a NEET, used video games to chill out and relax. On line gaming slowly became a thing, ehh figure i'll check it out, discover i am the worst player in the lobby, even if i play it everyday, get smoked by noobs who just picked it up a day earlier.

Relatives start suggesting i look into this pro gamign thing, cause thats all i do, so i must be really good at it, pretend to not know what it is, but that i will look into it. Main reason i quit gaming honestly.
>>
>>39229440

> being a pro gamer

dude, don't take vydias that seriously... you can be the best in a lot of stuff, don't be a retard millenial...
>>
No, even if you become a pro, you're still a massive waste of space that has to live in a homo dorm where you have to play the same shitty game over and over the entire time for years only to get fucked by chinks.
>>
You accidentally ended up with a positive attitude you're mistaking for a negative one.

Becoming the best at a video game, a corporate product with a very short lifespan, that leaves you with nothing in the way of transferable skills once the party is over, is a complete and utter meme. You're effectively putting your entire life on hold to be a corporate promotional tool to sell a hollow dream to stupid kids. It also means adopting a lifestyle where you don't have balance for anything else in your life so long as you are doing it. There are easier ways to make money and while you can get some level of fame, you only get respect from people who nobody respects.

I've seen somebody who decided they were going to become a "pro gamer" who clearly was never going to make it even though they were the best video gamer I knew. It was just fucking sad.
>>
>>39229937
Samefagging.

I can understand being the next big pro streamer more than being the next big video gamer because at least then, at least then, you are your own man. You aren't beholden to one companies product. The community likes you for you to a large extent. Sure, at the end of the day you're spending your life playing the vidya admired by losers, but at least then, you are your own man.

But being a pro video gamer? What a joke. Seriously.
>>
>>39229937

there would be a lot of variables to that. If you were actually good at it, enough that you could get to the top and get one of those big prizes i have heard exist, that would make for a nice fund to hand over to a financial adviser. i d say go for it if there is a serious chance you could get that prize.

yea, whatever the game is probably wont be popular in 5 years, and if you cant switch from one game to the next at pro level it's pointless.

it's definitely dumb to think you could make a long term career out of a video game, but in the short term if you could use it to get some big check, and then walk off with that as a way to get started in life that is something. The key would be can you seriously get to that point. 99.999% of people arent gonna even get close
>>
File: 1466281023582.jpg (53KB, 378x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466281023582.jpg
53KB, 378x600px
>>39229440
>tfw have this drive
>dont have the tools
I can play at the level above 80% of players in multiple of my games running on the WORST imaginable tmobile phone tether wifi internet and a $200 walmart laptop with disgustingly shitty fps on my fucking sofa with a blanket covering a thick book to use as a mousepad for my trash wireless logitech mouse

if I had the money to stream id live the dream of making money playing vidya but since you gotta spend money to make money im fucked
>>
>>39230039
I think you got to realise, first, to be a pro video gamer, you have to do two things. First, you have to work insanely hard. Second, you need to have high IQ, because not only is it associated with quicker thinking, higher IQ is correlated with faster reflexes. Which makes sense if you think about it, a better wired brain would react faster to a given input.

Given that, there are SO much better ways to make money than playing video games it is rediculous, do you know how much bank a high IQ high motivation person can really make? The prize pool you get from video games is tiny, you can make some more money off sponsorship, but really becoming a top streamer is likely more lucrative. What a top businessman, lawyer, engineer, etc. earns is WAY more than what a top video gamer earns and has more career stability.

It doesn't actually make sense to become a pro video gamer in any respect for any other reason than being so autistic you enjoy playing video games for 10 hours a day.
>>
>>39229440
>tfw spend all day on cod from 2007-2014
>won like 4k total
it's not that easy to make a living off of video games senpai you aren't missing much
>>
>>39230101

i've never heard the IQ thing as relates to being good at gaming. And, when i did listen to the chats the guys who were good at it were usually borderline tards. The guys i saw who were really good had the good reflexes and they always had above average eyesight. like 10/20 level

But, this is with anything, if an opportunity presents itself in life and you think you have a serious chance at it, i'd always tell people to take it. Hell, they even talk about adding video gaming to the olympics.

But, with something like gaming, it would be go in grab whatever money you can realistically take out of it. And, have a plan to do an actual job afterwords.
>>
>tfw can only play games on easy
>tfw get angry when i die
>tfw cant get pro because all i do is fail and succeed the 50th time,
>tfw all you play is fallout new vegas
>tfw im going to go play it righnt now and wont return
>tfw goodbye
>>
>>39229440
No, the only thing I don't like about vidya is that I suck at them like I suck at almost everything else
>>
I can't be consistently good at a game.

I'll fluctuate between being the best player on the server with people practically begging me to join their competitive team, to playing like an absolute retard who has never used a computer before.
>>
>>39229440
>tfw you actually did become a top 2% player in your game, but everyone else is so shit that you cant enjoy it properly
>>
>tfw i probably could have gone pro at Gears of War 1 but prefered to sit inside alone and rek people online instead
not even exaggerating, but it was a total waste of time in the end. All i did was waste my entire education playing that game for escapist reasons
>>
File: Grrrrr.gif (277KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
Grrrrr.gif
277KB, 500x601px
>>39229440
Not particularly, more;
>tfw when huge backlog of games you wanted to place since you were a kid though have lost the time to do so without eating into your sleep.
I just want to play Resident Evil IV and Shadow Complex.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.