[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Hiro administration?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: there goes my hiro.jpg (24KB, 550x332px) Image search: [Google]
there goes my hiro.jpg
24KB, 550x332px
Thoughts on the Hiro administration?
>>
>>39228932
Needs to make a containment board for all the traps and roasties.
>>
>>39228932
He's like Trump. Obviously doing some shady shit, but I don't care as long as it doesn't personally affect me.
>>
>>39228976
It does effect us in the form of things like reduced file size limitations. Not to mention the possibility of things like his failed attempt to kill 3rd party archives so he can paywall off the feature here might one day succeed.
>>
File: 20170602_221953.jpg (145KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_221953.jpg
145KB, 540x720px
It isn't his fault that every board is way too political now, and honestly that's the only real issue that the site as a whole has
>>
>>39229012
>It does effect us in the form of things like reduced file size limitations.
That does suck.

>his failed attempt to kill 3rd party archives so he can paywall off the feature here might one day succeed.
I haven't heard of that.
>>
>>39228932
i feel like he is just letting mods destroy board culture for all boards look at what happened to >>>/g/ >>>/sp/ and here. i remember when mods actively banned so much more shitpost and seemed to be with the user base like on how r9k how femanon or fembot used to be filtered to cumdumpster and they did that because this was the women hating board but now they removed the filter and stuff like that to appeal to all the new traffic that 4chan has been getting because they are sell outs
>>
>>39228932
bump, i want to here more peoples thoughts
>>
>>39228932
One big thing is that he really should encourage mods to ban stormfags who post their garbage outside of /pol/ (it's getting to be a very prevalent problem, they ruined /his/)

We all know though he's just sitting back and getting the sweet monies from the ads. He never seems involved with this site like Moot was.
>>
>>39228968
/soc/ exists for that purpose.

Somehow this post was not original...
>>
>>39228932

i haven't really noticed it much so it's better than it could be
>>
>>39229279
>they ruined /his/
And /his/ could have been good too
>>
>>39229300
Janitors are too busy sucking their own asses to do their jobs
>>
>>39229040
I've lost all track of time, so I don't remember exactly how long ago it was. It would have been around the time he was posting misleading and incomplete data statistics and claiming 4chan was going broke in an attempt to sell more passes. He was messing around with images trying to make it so that 3rd party archives couldn't scrape them. He admitted to wanting to make the archives a pass-only feature.
>>
>>39229320

/his/ had no chance because it's a static topic unless you include current events, and current events inevitably invites politics, which inevitably turns the board into ideological wars. so either it's a stagnant minor interest board or a shitfest.
>>
File: justdoit.jpg (83KB, 640x524px) Image search: [Google]
justdoit.jpg
83KB, 640x524px
He makes me miss my Mootiepie
>>
>>39229300
And yet the cancer continues to flood into this board. Wut do?
>>
/pol/ newfags are spamming shit everywhere and Hiro ignores them because the majority are pass users.
>>
>>39229335
>so either it's a stagnant minor interest board

That's what I meant by 'good'
>>
>>39228932
Legitimately pissed that he hasn't made a trap board or at least turn /lgbt/ nsfw. I am sick of trap threads all over /b/ and /r9k/. When I asked moot to make one he linked /lgbt/. I told him it needed to be nsfw and then banned me for 3 days for something about lack of quality in posting. Hiro said he would make /lgbt/ nsfw if it got enough votes in a poll. It got like 93% for yes and he still did nothing.
>>
>>39228932
I think overall he is an alright guy. Hasn't really done anything bad considering how many normies have flooded 4chan this last decade.
>>
>>39229476
I'm not going there but what is /lgtb/ talking about all day? How it feels being trans or gay? They already do that on like every other board. But I can understand why their community doesn't want to go NSFW because they don't want to be fetishized or some gay shit. What's the point then, they're sexualizing themselves.
>>
>>39229586
apparently most of lgbt wants a red board themselves
>>
>>39228932
He's better than moot. He re-enabled the robot filter and has created a few boards. He also gave me a (You) once, which is something moot never did, even though I've been here for six years, more than that actually.
>>
>>39228932
In my own opinion, can't really complain. People were worried when he took over, but it seems he's kind of just taken a step back and let the site do its own thing, be its own thing, without (to my knowledge) doing anything to compromise the site or control it. And I think really, that's probably the best thing that could happen to 4chan, that it is owned by someone who more than anything else just cares about it existing unrestrained. To let it be free to do what it wants or needs to. It seems like so many times, Hiro could have sold the site, or sold out by doing something like censoring or restricting access or speech, but he never has and always at the very least not hindered the site.

Personally I would like it if he personally had a more active or visible presence on the site, like Moot used to when he posted in threads and on different boards randomly on occasion. But that's just for fun really, in terms of administration, I can't complain about Hiro at all and think he's done admirably, if not well. You could question if he likes or cares about 4chan one way or the other, but I don't think you could question that he respects it, and wants its integrity maintained.
>>
Excellent thus far

Can't wait for janitor applications to open back up; gonna apply asap. Already got a good draft going.

Gonna apply for /g/ and /r9k/.

My other wannabejannies (I know those of you who got accepted aren't allowed to reply), will you attempt another application?
>>
>>39228932
I like his personality and managerial style more than moot. But moot actually gave a shit about this place, while the chink will throw us under the bus as soon as it is profitable.
>>
>>39230446
This.
Moot was more down-to-earth and personal while HiroshimaNagasaki is better admin of site.
>>
moot works for google
>>
>>39228932
He sells your IPs to Skynet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsyoK02F27E
>>
>>39228932
I'd rather the site be owned by a Jap than by a filthy fucking yid
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.