[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Two Truths

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: MI0001708706.jpg (47KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
MI0001708706.jpg
47KB, 500x502px
We live in a world with two sets of truth. The one truth is the one that people profess, that they defend. It is polite and neat and tidy. The other truth is the practical one, that one by which the world actually operates. Acknowledging the second truth is crude, ugly, and difficult.

Many people here, are here because they have had a crash course in the second kind of truth. The one no one will acknowledge, and the one that they are ostracized for talking about. The difficult truth. Because of your deficiencies, you had to endure the pragmatic logic of the second truth, while enduring people spouting the first truth. When the first truth was palpably false.

What are your experiences with these two kinds of truth?
>>
File: 1497505546405.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497505546405.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>39228746
hmmm...I immediately thought about being raised Christian and having a large part of my social surroundings believing in Jesus and stuff, while part of me doubted it. speaking my doubts could have led to being ostracized from this group of people that I had / still have much love for. Even still, part of me believes and part of it finds it mentally oppressing and logically implausible. What are the two sets of truth you speak of? is this like blue pill / red pill? how does the world actually operate? desu I'm on r9k because people kept referring to it, and I sought for myself what it was out of curiosity.
>>
people always say "you know life isn't fair" and stuf but I kind of feel that deep down they feel that at the end of the day it is kind of fair or that's what they want their children to beleive so they don't fucking give up on life at the age of 12. So I consider that the 'polite' truth.
The 'practical' one would be that life is really fucking incredibly unfair. It's like the most unfair thing you can think of, in more regards than you could ever think of.
>>
>>39228746
>Nihilism is an unspoken truth
Not in this day and age.
Also what a terrible tripfag. I bet you were starry-eyed when you first discovered Carl Benjamin last week and then decided to imitate your new hero.
And fuck All Star.
>>
>>39228746
one thing no one will admit is that they are selfish, everybody is. Its only natural to put yourself on top of others. Your friend is not helping you because he cares for you, he is helping because he wants you to be his friend, he wouldn't help you anonymously because you wouldn't recognize that he did it. Every time you do something for others you expect a positive consequence for you. But everybody denies and says it's only me.
>>
>>39228746
They can not see the whole picture, the shells fall from their eyes more slowly and thereby the picture is revealed to them more gradually.

People here have had those shells torn all at once or never had them in the first place, either way, social development has suffered as a result of something that fosters dysfunctional behavior in childhood and early adolescence and so development is skewed, growth has either halted or occurred in a crooked manner like when you harm or bend a plant it will grow however it can towards whatever nourishes it.

The result is all sorts of personality disorders that lack social development.

I don't know about one, two or any number truths being true, you call something untrue a truth because people experience it to be a truth yet the same might apply to you and you would be blind to it by definition because this needs to be so for you to experience it as a truth, I know my truth due to consequence and its predictive accuracy and I know it is not the infallible truth for the same reason, I also know that if everyone embrace my truth as being the truest truth my world would be made far more dangerous and unforgiving.
>>
There is only one truth. Anyone who has watched Detective Conan knows this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.