[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fitness/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1477593735237.png (277KB, 598x566px) Image search: [Google]
1477593735237.png
277KB, 598x566px
I'm sick and tired of everyone around here moping about. It's time for us to get /fit/ lads, it's time for us to become the Chad.

Any questions will be answered by OP and other "fitness experts"

>a beginners guide to health and fitness
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>a calculator to see how many calories you need to diet
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

>apps to easily track your calories
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
http://loseit.com/

>what program/s should I use to start lifting weights?
http://routineexcellence.com/choosing-from-5-popular-beginner-lifting-programs/

We're all gonna make it brahs.
>>
Getting big doesn't make you a chad. /fit/ is basically full of robots with muscles. Still good to get in shape though
>>
/fit/izens are the most depressed people on 4chan I've ever seen.

they always fall short of looking good, they always figure out women are shit, they never make it, there is literally a steroids thread permanently up because they got so cynical about the process.
>>
>>39225673
I prefer cardio myself. It's a nice skill to be able to run from my problems.
>>
been trying keto for about a month, lost about 10 pounds so far
>>
Thanks for the thread OP.

Started a diet and routine yesterday. Haven't regularly exercised for 5 years and my body looks absolutely goblinish.
>>
>>39225739
At least lifting and working out is a hobby that has tangible progress and makes you feel better about yourself.
>>
File: 2vj8crs064cz.jpg (103KB, 679x542px) Image search: [Google]
2vj8crs064cz.jpg
103KB, 679x542px
I've started working out every single day lately, mostly focusing on my arms but also running at least a mile daily

Is this good for me? Should I take longer breaks between workouts, or is it okay to go at it every day? Also on the real how much protein do I need

ive been a bony faggot all my life, i wanna bulk up a little
>>
>>39225905
Just eat as much protein as you can, the more the better (though a general rule of thumb is 1 gram for 1 pound of bodyweight), if you're a skelly boy just keep on eating.
>>
>>39225962
Thanks, will do that. Although desu I literally don't enjoy eating that much. The toughest part for me is forcing extra food down my throat that I don't really want
>>
>>39225890

Everyone has to start somewhere lad, if you've worked out in the past muscle memory should help a bit.

>>39225905

>Is this good for me?

Assuming you're natural I would say that you should instead work out every other day, you can supplement this with cardio on the off-days if you like.

Working out every day is something that is maintained by steroid users, as their muscles are able to recover at a greatly advanced pace.

Muscles are made out of the gym with proper diet. You should also get on a program, as they are made by professionals with tried and true methods, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe or ICF (Ice Cream Fitness) would be your best bets, but only as a beginner.

If you don't want to do that you should focus on your legs and core as well, a strong core and legs aids you in your arm development greatly, as the core provides stabilizing and helps you to lift a greater weight with less strain on your arm, and leg work (eg. squats) has been shown to increase testosterone levels more than any other exercises.

>How much protein?

1 gram of protein for every pound of muscle. 1 gram = 1 LBM (Lean body mass). 40-50 grams of protein in a meal is ideal.
>>
>>39226067
Thanks anon I'm gonna look at those programs
>>
>>39225673
>>39226067
I'm quite a picky eater and I have to eat off my university's meal plan. Fuck this will be hard if I try to do this. Can I just eat relatively healthy and drink some shakes and shit? Money isn't really a problem as much as the food. I don't have access to a kitchen or healthy restaurants nearby.

Anyways, you should keep making these threads at least daily. I might start someday.
>>
>>39225673
Middle aged beer gut here.
Wont matter how buff you are if you still cant pick up on body language and pick up chicks.
>used to be fit and got way more pussy then all my friends who waited around for women to fall on their lap.
I was also told I was a rapist for trying to get laid by making moves on chicks...Though this was an asian boxer I smashed out...
>>
File: 20170726_081053.jpg (832KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170726_081053.jpg
832KB, 2560x1440px
Can't be chad if i have gyno AND I'm also balding at 18
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.