[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rocky boi covers the hot sun

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

Whats /r9k/ opinion on the Solar Eclipse? It was kinda overrated in my opinion. Probably because I only got a partial Eclipse
>>
>>39219823
It was cloudy as fuck where I lived so I couldn't see shit.
>>
I'm going to sleep extra good tonight knowing at least a dozen chads wake up tomorrow with permanent retina damage and get cut from the team.
>>
>>39219823
Watched the full ones on FOX, don't have eclipse glasses and live in the Northeast.
>>
>>39219823
got to see the full totality, it was pretty cool.
>>
I saw the total eclipse is was pretty kewl desu. But mega over hyped over all 7.5/10 might go see the next one in 7 years
>>
File: 1440128653226.jpg (126KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1440128653226.jpg
126KB, 492x492px
>>39220739
So about 80% of UV rays pass through clouds, thick or thin, if not more. Some people were looking up at the sun (60% covered by the moon) through a cloud. I couldn't find it in me to say anything.
>>
>>39219823
Opened up my heart even wider than before
>>
>>39219823
We had about 97% totality here. Went outside, watched it with my glasses on and pet my cat.

Cat died 3 hours later. Fuck.
>>
>>39221695
Your cat probably stared at the sun too long
>>
>>39221732
Yeah, I figure she got an acute case of eye cancer. Or maybe it was because she was 20 years old.
>>
>>39221695
Wow, how auspicious. ...Anyway, fuck cats, you aspie [lemmy face which r9k doesn't allow]
>>
Saw the total eclipse in Oregon. It was pretty fucking cool, especially the 5 minutes leading up to the totality. I had a feeling of sadness right after
>>
>>39219823
I saw 100% totality in South Carolina. Pretty hecking cool, especially when it got darker leading up to it.

We're in America so of course we all clapped when the moon blocked the sun.
>>
>>39219823
Most magical moment of my life. Saw the recorded shit when i got home and it doesn't do it justice by half. Leading up the actual lighting changes like you can somehow see better and everything has hard and distinct edges like its adding a new dimension to reality and for some reason the camera can't accurately show what the corona actually looks like.
I'm honestly thinking i'll spend the cash and time to see the one in texas in 2024.
>>
>>39222389
Hopefully we'll have stuff blocking out the Sun before that year. With only 50 or 60% of it blocked out, you couldn't feel the offensive heat at ALL on the skin here in south TX.

Felt like early Winter.
>>
>>39219823
Decent cloud cover. Looked straight at the damn thing. Will report blindness.
>>
>>39222493
Don't worry about that. Global warming will give you gives coastal property before then and the resulting water effect will cool the local area.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (37KB, 468x317px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
37KB, 468x317px
>>39222517
Looking forward to that underwater house actually. One that doesn't uproot from the water or crack under it's pressure.

Anything near the coast is just going to be hot and humid and full of these annoying, down syndrome gulls.
>>
>>39222682
You're in texas right? Just shoot them with your guns thats what we do up here.
ReeeHEEEheeeHEEE-bang-
>>
File: IMG_1267.jpg (103KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1267.jpg
103KB, 1024x683px
>Shadows looked strange
>Broad daylight but dim lighting
>Everything looked a bit more grey
>Clouds sometimes made it possible to look at the eclipse with my phone

Reposting because I uploaded the wrong image.
>>
File: 20170821_122757-2304x1728.jpg (254KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_122757-2304x1728.jpg
254KB, 2304x1728px
I traveled to Idaho from Minnesota to take this picture.
>>
I'm just waiting for all of the crazy shit the tinfoilers said was going to happen like the world being thrown into chaos and the dead rising from the grave.
>>
>>39222342
Ayyy. Me too. Where at?
I drove to make Marion. Right in the centre bitches
>>
>>39223130
Lake Marion^
>>
File: 137.jpg (558KB, 2000x1638px) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
558KB, 2000x1638px
>>39219823
i live in oregon so i got the full thing

i fucking hated it

every normie thinks it was some kind of amazing event, they traveled and prepared for hours or days for about 20 seconds of something kinda cool

that being said im a lighting fag, i love the look of natural lighting, especially unique lighting. blizzards and shit like that look so cool to be in to me. the lighting that the eclipse caused was unique, it wasnt just dark, it had a nice feeling to it. too bad it only lasted 10 seconds.

and it was ruined by the whole neighborhood fucking cheering. its like no one realizes how stupid they look wearing those stupid glasses and staring up at the sun. even made trump look stupid, no one looks good with them on.

but the worst part is now everywhere i go i see shit about it. news, youtube, twitter, league of legends, snapchat. even 4chan.

prepared hours for something that lasted seconds and also then talked about for even more hours.
>>
>>39223076
>driving down a highway to get to my viewing area
>something like 200 fuckers holding up "the end is nigh" signs throwing tomatoes at peoples cars
>had to drive 5 miles in traffic holding a pistol out my window so my car doesn't get fucked
Some people i swear.
>>
>>39222342
A field in Johnston. I'm a Georgiafag so I had to drive a few hours, but the traffic wasn't bad at all. I went with an old friend who took an astronomy class with me. Overall 10/10, I can't wait for the next in 2024.
>>
>>39223539
Damn, meant to reply to >>39223130. I went to a podunk town called Johnston.
>>
>>39223539
Same here bro. Shit was great. Drove from NC. Traffic was shit on the way home man.
>>
>>39223857
Should of went on the country ass highways. Barely anyone on them and there isn't a cop in sight. I was fucking flying on my way back.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.