[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should we bring back gladiators?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3562.jpg (683KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3562.jpg
683KB, 1000x664px
Should we bring back gladiators?
>>
It would be a good way to cull the Chad population a bit.
>>
>>39201140

Chads don't fight, they're like senators.
>>
File: si5o62vphidy.png (674KB, 1280x720px)
si5o62vphidy.png
674KB, 1280x720px
>Make robot fight each other
>128 robots tournaments
>Winner get a state assigned waifu with a life contract that forces her to stay married and loyal
Sign me the fuck up
>>
Probably not. In a way, we still have the games. I see the theatrics of WWE or the competition of UFC as being the modern day equivalent of this, and it satisfies the mob's love for blood well enough. There's no need for people to die in an arena as it was back then. It would be like bringing back slavery.
>>
>>39201187

>probably

lol!

You want it don't lie
>>
>>39201187
Slavery never went away my man.
>>
>>39201205
I mean as an institution. It would be pretty messed up if the government could round up anyone who had committed any minor crime and forcing them to fight to the death.
>>
>>39201087
Sure but it needs to be adapted for modern day life
>televized with ads sponsors interviews fantasy betting etc
>divided into seasons, with each season being based of a bracketed single elim (losers spared based on voting of the crowd)
>either pull from criminals serving life sentence/deathrow or take volunteers a la American ninja warrior
A lot of people would watch commercialized bloodsport, would bring in a lot of revenue
>>
>>39201291
phrased like that, i can see military service as payment for petty offenses becoming a thing
>>
>>39201324
That used to be a thing I'm pretty sure. In war time it might be a practical form of conscription. But can you really trust the guy in the foxhole next to you when half the soldiers are criminals?
>>
>>39201382
you can if they're "criminals"
>>
>>39201382
Well, think about it this way, the enemy MIGHT kill them if they advance, but the officers will definitely fucking kill them if they don't advance.
>>
>>39201087
Gladiators never really truly existed, at least not in the way they were depicted, Retarius never really existed and very few (if any) gladiators died because they were expensive as fuck to train.

also it was banned in Rome for a long fucking time.

Although, if you want to actually bring gladiators as depicted into 2017, I think we should get prisoners (ideally, murderers) to actually enter a life of gladatorial combat seeing as that's what they like to do anyway, they'd enjoy it, they'd obviously be fighting for release, civilians could sign up to fight for wealth from only a single fight knowing the full intention they can very easily die. People do that anyway testing new medications.

At least a few hundred people would sign up, it would be profitable, and entertaining, but gruesome.
>>
>>39201153
could you really slay your robot brethren? for a whore who will hate you?
>>
>>39201087
>>39201140
>>39201314
We already have a commercialized bloodsport, it's called the NFL. Chads are literally giving themselves life-threatening injuries and permanent brain damage for our entertainment. The average player is so badly injured after just 2 seasons in the league that they're forced to retire.
>>
>>39201541
ps.

a lot of suicidal and homeless people would sign up looking to win big or die.

It's a good way of getting rid of societies trash turning them into bloodsport.

The only negative thing is if kids "re-enact" what they see in the arena in real life.

imagine EA making a gladiator sports series similar to NBA or FIFA.
>>
>>39201382
desu war was literally a bunch of men sitting around in a bunker drinking shit tea and getting really nasty feet conditions since all they did was live in a wet, muddy hole for 4 years while the occassional idiot "hero" ran across enemy lines and got ripped to shreds, they sat in the trenches until the war ended.
>>
>>39201670
that was one war

on one front
>>
File: actual-header.png (1MB, 1100x739px) Image search: [Google]
actual-header.png
1MB, 1100x739px
Sure. The price being 1 billion dollars for the winner. There would be 200 contestants seperated by 20 free for all rounds of 10 people.with different weapons and fields so the viewers don't get bored. The 20 winners will be grouped in groups of 5. There will be two group battles. The remainder will do 1v1s until theres a winner. Tigers and other traps will be involved just like in the movie Gladiator. Maybe trow in a bear or a pack.of hungry wolves in the beginning.
Would you Anons join?
>>
>>39201670
>they sat in the trenches until the war ended

Yeah, I'm sure everyone at Verdun just died from sitting down for too long.
>>
If we could use gladiators in lieu of armies.

Humans are violent, we should embrace it in a suitable way.
>>
>>39201291
>>39201324
This is literally already a thing. Go before a judge for something right at 18 and he'll usually offer to get you off for it if you immediately join the military.
>>
>>39201749
actually, do you actually know how many wartime injuries were disease, and bad nutrition and shitty conditions?

More people died from fucking illness than they did from bullets.

Not only that but most soldiers didn't even want to get into range to fire shit, because they knew they'd fucking die.
>>
>>39201695
>1 billion dollars
Are you completely retarded? There's plenty of people that would fight to death for 1,000 dollars, maybe even a few who would fight for like 500. Do you actually think you have to pay people enough to buy their own island and build a small city on it to fight to the death?
>>
>>39201870
I was charged with a crime right after I turned 18, and was not offered that option, even though we were at war. I'm pretty sure they don't do this anymore.
>>
File: anon's first date.png (820KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
anon's first date.png
820KB, 1136x640px
>>39201087
with men like this running around?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.