[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else eating a no carb diet? >lots of energy >depression

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: no-bread-300x203.jpg (13KB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
no-bread-300x203.jpg
13KB, 300x203px
Anyone else eating a no carb diet?

>lots of energy
>depression gone
>mental clarify
>only need to sleep 5 hours a day
>>
>dies at 25
>>
>>39197479
Glad it's working so well for you, but I tried it and it yielded none of those benefits. My current diet is to eat whatever the fuck I want, then fast, repeat

Apparently I've been NEET for so long now that my mother doesn't want to pay for my food anymore. I told her that's alright. I just eat at family dinners, and sneak some leftovers when I can. I can appreciate having the discipline to simply not eat much.
>>
I used to and it felt great, can confirm all that you say, but carbs are like coffee or tobacco, once you try them "just this once" you're hooked again for years before you realize. Bad shit.
>>
>>39197529
A high carb diet isn't good for you.
>>
>>39197560
You are just week willed I guess. I've been on a keto diet. I fell off the horse once and tried to eat something I used to love and it didn't taste the same.
>>
>>39197479
OP could you tell me what your 3 meals consist of?
I've tried this but I'm weak to the carbs. I always give in
>>
File: 7d611151bd3a3de03e6c8ee33a04cb3d.jpg (260KB, 564x2372px) Image search: [Google]
7d611151bd3a3de03e6c8ee33a04cb3d.jpg
260KB, 564x2372px
>>39197634
The hardest part is getting rid of bad food habits.
>>
>>39197479
>Placebo Effect: the post
>>
How the fuck do you have energy without carbs? Are you memeing or are you an alien?
>>
>>39197670
Too bad all that shit is way more expensive than just having rice, bread and meat
>>
>>39197682
seriously, do you know how nasty this faggots shits are going to be? you're going to be in mortal pain everytime you sit on the toilet.

keto and no carb struggles severely with fiber, where the fuck do you get your fiber from if you consume no carbs???
that's just stupid. imbalanced diets are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>39197670
Minimum wage cuck here:
I can cook but not afford this.
>>
>>39197692
You have a terribly poor understanding of biology. While it is true that carbs are the most biologically available form of calories because they are readily converted into glucose, proteins and lipids are both broken down through other pathways just the same. This is obvious when you realize that carbs are not the only foods with calories.
>>
File: 1472616624689.jpg (17KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
1472616624689.jpg
17KB, 500x241px
>>39197479
>/r9k/ is full of twinks and underweight
>let them cut out carbs

really /devilish/ OP
>>
>>39197725

Leafy vegetables I guess. Are fruit allowed? I don't really get why you'd exclude carbs when it's just glucose.
>>
>>39197670
I could eat the fuck out of this with the right activity. Now if only I could give up my guilty pleasures.
>>
File: loaf chart.jpg (64KB, 846x800px) Image search: [Google]
loaf chart.jpg
64KB, 846x800px
>>39197479
>no carbs

I'll rather die with my honor.
>>
>>39197725
are you stupid man

do you think fiber only comes from whole grains? whole grains is the shittiest place to get fiber, the best fiber comes from leafy veggies
>>
>>39197728
>>39197709

Learn how to cook and buy grocerys. Buy ground beef, eggs. and cheese. Wrap the burger in lettuce. Want side use bacon or broccoli. Make cheese cheese omelettes. Need fiber Blackberries, broccoli, or Spinach.
>>
>>39197479
>All these crazy fucking diets
Whenever I wanna lose weight I just eat drastically less but otherwise keep up my normal routine, works every time
>>
>>39197709
>rice, bread
That's half my regular diet right there, if not more.
>>
>>39197788
That was the hardest part for me. It also didn't help by this diet I was saving like money like crazy.
>>
>>39197743
Are they rich in calories? Wouldn't you need to eat a lot to compensate for the lost calories from carbs?
>>
>>39197802
>calls me stupid
>vegetables are a carb

you guys need more education and experience before you start posting in these threads.
>>/fit/
>>
>>39197479
I tried it for 6 weeks and the only difference I noticed is that my lifts went down a little.
>>
Zero carb (i.e. ketogenic) diets are really effective for losing weight fast, but they're not that sustainable long term.
>>
>>39197898
Some doesn't know what carbs are or how to count them.
>>
>>39197933
Also it wasn't literally zero carb, eg. I still ate some vegetables, but low enough for full keto (confirmed with urine test strips).
>>
>>39197944
Ketogenic isn't a zero carb diet and your supposed to increase the carb count when you get to your goal weight.
>>
>>39197898
you dumbass nigger
>where do you get fiber if you don't consume carbs
>implying fiber only comes from carbs
>>
>>39197944
This. I went from 97kg down to 75 in like 3 months through ketosis, but if you're not actively trying to lose weight then it's pointless. It's no healthier than a normal diet.
>>
>>39197974
>>39197963
>>39197944

Is Keto a meme? You can get the same benifits from just doing a basically low carb diet, and you get cheat days.
>>
File: 1503081704189.jpg (14KB, 365x502px) Image search: [Google]
1503081704189.jpg
14KB, 365x502px
>>39197479
>try to go without eating junk
>get very irritable and brain fog
>literally angry all the time
>>
>>39198017
the definition of keto is to have your body be burning fat, whether it's from your body or your diet, so if you consume half your calorie expense from carbs and the other half comes from fat, thats still technically keto. it's a lot less common of a diet than it sounds due to the huge surplus of carbs in the majority of people's diets
>>
>>39198017
I wasn't trying to lose weight, I was just curious what it was like. The answer is annoying and inconvenient from a cooking point of view but otherwise uneventful.
>>
>>39198017
Obviously if you're eating a calorie deficit you'll lose weight, but if you do the same whilst maintaining ketosis you'll lose weight faster. People who act like it's the /only/ way to diet are retarded yeah, but if you can keep it up it's very effective. Plus the benefits of going into ketosis isn't just faster weight loss, it pretty much completely kills your apatite as well, which (if you lack willpower) definitely makes maintaining the diet easier.
>>
>>39197981
okay, anyway, have fun with your painful shits and painful ignorance.
>>
>>39198067
different diets affect people differently; for me it became painfully obvious how carbs bloated the shit out of me for just about my entire life. keto was the first time I felt full without feeling like a fat fuck. it's worth trying just to see if it's compatible with your body at the very least
>>
>>39198058
No it is not, it specifically means production of (non-trivial quantities) of ketones in the liver. Ketones can substitute for glucose in organs that can't use fatty acids (red blood cells, brain). You only make them when you can't make enough glucose from carbs.
>>
>>39198113
>painful ignorance
>he actually believes you need to eat carbs for fiber
do people really believe this? it's like youd have to go to a school of McDonald's training to be taught this
>>
>>39198090
>it pretty much completely kills your apatite as well, which (if you lack willpower) definitely makes maintaining the diet easier.

I never noticed much of a difference in weight loss between keto and regular diets, but this point is 100% accurate.

When you're properly in ketosis you pretty much just don't get hungry, as long as you keep drinking lots of water you'll feel full as shit after a small salad.
>>
>>39197479
Yeah but I eat a lot of brown rice oatz and fruit.

It's not really low carb but I avoid anything remotely processed and it seems to work for me.
>>
>>39197670
Thanks this is really helpful
>>
>>39198151
>specifically means production of (non-trivial quantities) of ketones in the liver
for the purpose of burning fat, when carb intake is too little, like I said
>>
>>39198223
You said no such thing. You said "the definition of keto is to have your body be burning fat" which is false. You burn fat all the time, whether you're eating carbs or not. Carb and fat metabolism aren't mutually exclusive. Ketosis only happens when you can't produce enough glucose.
>>
>>39198315
>You burn fat all the time
but that's wrong, ketosis is the mechanism by which your body converts fat to something burnable, and that only happens when there are no sugars available
>>
>>39198153
reward for most ignorant troll i've seen this week goes to you.
>>
>>39198647
Complete bullshit. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_oxidation

Ketosis happens only in situations of shortage of glucose, as a supplement to gluconeogenesis to reduce the body's glucose demand. It's not the normal method of fat metabolism.
>>
>>39197728

Ground beef and chicken thighs

Eggs

Piles of greens

Pretty cheap famalam
>>
I'm 2 weeks into a low carb diet. Pro's are I'm lean as FUCK, face is even leaner, but the cons are my work outs have been horrific, my arms start shaking when I'm working out and I never feel "full". I don't have energy for anything.
>>
>>39198891
You'll have plenty of energy for LISS cardio. Keto diet only hurts strength and speed, not endurance.
>>
i only eat boiled brocolli and a few other vegetables and a boiled egg. I sometimes eat almonds and other non salted nuts

maybe one banana a day as a source a source of potassium.

I also take a fish oil supplement and a multivitamin.

This is the bare minimum i eat,

ghandi also ate minimal food, and relied on milk to get all his nutrition.

it has no effect on my exercise or well being, i can travel 5 miles on a bicycle with this diet so theres no excuse to not to eat less. All the stuff they say about you need to eat more is made up, you can live on one fruit a day if you're just sitting at home you might feel a little different but you get used to it. you wont die.
>>
>>39198842
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_acid_metabolism
>they are completely oxidized to CO2 and water by beta-oxidation and the citric acid cycle
what is the normal non-beta-oxidation form of fat burning?
>>
>>39199132
aditionally, what is the normal form of fat burning that can happen while glucose levels are NOT depleted?
>>
>>39199125
Milk and banana are both high carb and likely to drop you out of ketosis.

>>39199132
>>39199150
Beta-oxidation *is* the normal form of fat burning. If glucose is depleted then acetyl-CoA gets diverted into the ketogenesis pathways. (actually ketogenesis always happens to some extent, which is why I said "non-trivial quantities").
>>
>>39199267
And to be clear, ketogenesis isn't an alternative to beta-oxidation, it's something that happens to the acetyl-CoA made by beta-oxidation instead of the normal citric acid cycle.
>>
File: 1439759580696.jpg (40KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1439759580696.jpg
40KB, 681x496px
>>39197479
>no carb
>lots of energy

uh... I think you're doing it wrong
>>
>>39198891
Sodium deficiency. Eat more salt. Someone eating carbs needs 6g a day, and you're in keto so you're pissing out most of your salt. Put salt on everything. You literally cannot salt your food enough on low carb.
>>
>>39199401
Have you tried it? See >>39198923

You deplete your glycogen stores, but so long as you don't need intense bursts of energy there's no problem.
>>
>>39199356
>>39199267
im having trouble understanding how this conflicts with the summary "keto is to have your body be burning fat"
>>
keto kills your sex drive
>>
>>39197578
neither is a no carp diet
>>
>>39197670
>no pasta
I'd rather die
>>
>>39197479
I can afford cheap-tier/junk food on weeks. On weekends family cooks for me. Is no-carb good to chase depression? I'm not fat. No depression would be the greatest thing. Bu I don't want to stop eating carbs forever either
>>
>>39200559
no carb floods the brain with ketone bodies which combats epilepsy, alzheimer's disease, depression and a host of other neurological disorders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketone_bodies
>>
>>39197670
Any more like this? I am doing keto and having a hard time with variety.
>>
>>39198033
welcome to withdrawal fatboy
>>
>>39197895
Proteins and carbs are roughly 4 calories per gram, while fats are 9 per gram. Fats and proteins are converted into glucose through the process of ketogenesis, but for the most part that is only done after existing glycogen has been used up.
This is the basis for the keto diet, where they try to maintain this ketogenic state.
>>
>>39200680
But I don't want to forgo carbs forvere nigga
>>
Been doing keto for weeks. Anxiety does wear off, even though I am the same sad fuck as always.
>>
File: klavier-forwardmad(b).gif (194KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
klavier-forwardmad(b).gif
194KB, 256x192px
Wrong! iM MORE DEPRESSED THEN EVER.
>>
>>39197479

I maintain a varied diet and an active lifestyle.

I'd much rather eat chops from a boar i hunted myself than a steak from a corn fed antibiotic and hormone laden american factory cow while sitting on my ass all day.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.