[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how long would your average robot last on an oil rig?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: offshore jobs UK.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
offshore jobs UK.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
how long would your average robot last on an oil rig?
>>
>>39195125
>how long would your average robot last on an oil rig?
Most people don't last long in jobs like that. Personally I'd manage it just fine though.
>>
>>39195137
What's the difficult part? Is it being away from home or the physically demanding nature of the job that drives people out?
>>
>>39196114
they have to spend long amounts of time away from their friends and family, only thing they can do in their free time is use the internet, high risk of death if you aren't observant, despite incredibly high pay they blow it all on online gambling.
>>
>>39196114
I think they work all day every day with some pretty tough work.
>>
>>39195125
I have pretty good aerobic fitness and I like enclosed spaces but I'd give myself like a fucking week at best.
>>
>>39196165
That doesn't seem so bad then. Maybe I should look into it
>>
They're showing the engineers in that pic not the roughnecks
>>
>>39196114
probably the risk of dying part

fires, storms, hurricanes, heavy machinery swinging around your head...
>>
I wouldn't last a half a day. I have crohn's and arthritis in my knees and hips. Plus I think I fucked up my right knee whenever I put weight on it I feel like my leg is going to snap. Thank god that I'm gonna get a job with healthcare soon though. I worked so hard for this and I just hope the plan doesn't suck and I get someone to help me
>>
>>39196114
Mostly the latter. Most people can't handle heavy manual labor in general. Not because their bodies can't take it, the human body is very resilient, but because they give up mentally because they're not used to forcing their body to do hard work. The first few days at a job like that are pretty rough, cramps and shit all over. Then you learn how to do things more efficiently and it becomes easier. If you can make it through the first week.
>>
>>39195125
I was offered a job in a oil rig back in 1998 (didn't go), $1500 a month for 25 working days a month 12h a day (minimum wage in my shithole was $360), a friend of mine took the job, it was full of HUE's
>>
File: alex jones smug 2.jpg (13KB, 293x264px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones smug 2.jpg
13KB, 293x264px
>>39196165
>little contact with family
>free internet
>high pay
>chance to die

sounds like the perfect job
>>
I've heard stories of those divers fixing rigs off the shore of norway. Shit must be mental. Darkness, the beams going into the abyss and streams trying to pull you into it.
>>
>>39197458
That's why those deep-sea welders make as much as doctors
>>
File: 4L_aZBIVPDu.jpg (73KB, 562x530px) Image search: [Google]
4L_aZBIVPDu.jpg
73KB, 562x530px
I think I could manage. It would probably fix me too. And the physically demanding part would help me build muscle.
>>
>>39195125
My grandfather told me he used to work at an oil rig when he was younger, (we live in Finland) and he told me the oil rig he worked at was somewhere near norway, they took a helicopter there. I really should visit him and my grandmother sometime soon, who knows what tomorrow will bring
>>
>>39195125

I'd love to jerk some of those guys off after their shift
>>
>>39195125
Being away from normies sounds comfy af, but the hard work would suck.
It would be nice if they'd accomodate neets on the rigs.
>>
>>39195125
anyone wanna explain what the hell is that thing

and I would probably last for as long the job was, it's not fucking hell
>>
>>39196165
>robots
>friends

You may only pick one
>>
>>39196114

My friend works on an oil rig in Canada (He lives in Texas though). He has to spend 3 months at a time, working 15 hours a day, an entire country away from his wife, kids, family, and friends, and all he does is work and sleep.

He hates it but it's good money.
>>
>>39198722
how much time does he have at home after his 3 months?
>>
>>39198722
>his wife, kids, family, and friends
Sounds like a colossal normie who couldn't even begin to understand our feels.
>>
>>39198788
He gets about a month, he's only had the job for about a year though.

You also have to have years of experience in order to even work on an oil rig which I doubt most people on /r9k/ have
>>
>>39198722
sounds like fort mcmurray
>>
>>39195125
I wouldn't have a problem.
I'm short but fairly strong, I have no friends and I rarely see my family to begin with, because of conscription I've spent time in the military so long hours are not a problem.
At least I'd get some pretty close friends, a well paying and interesting job. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
>>
File: assaulted mashu.jpg (18KB, 222x222px) Image search: [Google]
assaulted mashu.jpg
18KB, 222x222px
>>39196165
>away from other people
>free internet
>high pay
>chance of death
where do I sign up?
>>
>>39197154
I had a completely different kind of an experience with heavy manual labor
First month it was cramps and shit, then it got better for the next four, and then suddenly my body was completely fucked out of the blue to the point of having to quit in a month from not being able to preform anymore, my body just suddenly said itself out completely for no good reason, and even after a year I still am sore in all my muscles and joints all the time
>>
>>39198818
Ahh the old no work without experience and cant get experience without work conundrum. Only solution being nepotism.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.