[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defence Advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: images (5).jpg (26KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
26KB, 512x288px
I want to join the Air Force, it will be good for me and I need new friends and a new experience and a new job.

But I want to make sure I do something worthwhile and that I can transfer to a civillian career as well. A friend of mine used to be a technician for the planes and now works at an airport fixing regular planes which sounds interesting, but I was wondering what the air traffic control was like? And does it pay more?
>>
The airforce is the hardest branch to join. And considering you post here you should probably begin to reconsider your options.
>>
>>39189646
As long as it's not the Australian defence force then you do you OP
>>
>>39189670

... and if it is?
>>
>>39189679
well if you're not a grill they couldn't give a fuck about you. it's happened to me with them
>>
>>39189690
Explain. Im currently in the Army.
>>
>>39189711
It was in the news recently. The RAAF currently have 0 job openings for men. At least for the next few years i can forget about joining as an AEA which is my dream job.
>>
>>39189711
they have told recruiters to stop accepting male candidates for 'x' amount of roles in favour of females
>>
Currently in RAAF shits easy don't be a dickhead or too autistic you will be fine. I fix planes most people are chadish types but its pretty easy
>>
>>39189717
>>39189718
Bullshit. Were you told that? I rang DFR ans asked and they said it was media hype. Yes they want more women but arent turning men down.

AEA has always been hard to get into.
>>
>>39189717
yeah it's absolute horse shit. 12% of ADF is female. So let's say it's the same percentage for the amount of male:females that apply. Somehow excluding 88% of your potential recruitment pool on the basis of sex is what the ADF defines as achieving equality
>>
>>39189690
>>39189740
They are hiring more women then men and pushing them through when they dont make the requirement so pretty much you just gotta deal with the bullshit when you get put with women but in the end some of them dont push their luck but they become base bicycles that everyone fucks at least once so you might actually get a root
>>
Theyre still recruiting Men. Stop spreading bullshit.
>>
>>39189740
Of course they're going to deny it because it's against the law to do it. It was leaked that recruiters were emailed from high to turn down male candidates for females as much as possible
>>
>>39189760
Yes that is all correct. End of the day its still a boys club and its a perfect oppurtnuity to bully girls like I do.
>>
>>39189774
Wheres the evidence? Im not saying it isnt true but it is then we need to leak it.
>>
>>39189738

Do you know the best roles as far as worthwhile skills go?
>>
>>39189740
>>39189754
>>39189769
>>39189792

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/australian-army-bans-male-recruits-to-get-female-numbers-up/news-story/69ee9dc1d4f8836e9cca7ca2e3e5680a?nk=8e87daada192c32fe781866bbee07bc0-1503223256
>>
>>39189760
Fucking kek

They want to do half the work and then complain that the people who've put in double the effort don't respect them. I'm going in as a medical technician but I don't want to be dealing with broken nails and sti's. I'd go with civy ambulance if I wanted that
>>
>>39189740
I know AEA has always been hard to get into. The thing is I have passed all the additional testing and simply cannot get into an assessment day. My application is even expiring this year. I will have to start from scratch again.

They just keep telling me to wait 12-18 months.
>>
>>39189817
Um Depends pick what you want senpai you gotta do it for 4-6 years and you can always change jobs, just get in first and then figure the rest out DESU just dont pick aramament tech trust that
>>
>>39189822
You need a fucking account to read that. Screen cap it and upload the pics pmease.
>>
I told the recruiter I had childhood ADHD and she said that was a problem so I had to get that checked up on. Well surprise not only did the psychiatrist say I still had ADHD but also anxiety issues as well. That completely torpedoed any chance I had of getting into the AF, didn't it?
>>
>>39189868
ADHD has always been a red flag too.
>>
>>39189868
pretty much anon. I'd go see another one until you get a good result
>>
>>39189868
When you go in act normal as fuck nothing has ever been wrong with you just pretend everything is normal and then sperg out later
>>
>>39189861
Try this one anon

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/36680260/australian-army-bans-male-recruits/
>>
>>39189646
RAAF is hard to get into, has been for a while esoecially with tech jobs. But give it a crack and see how you go. If youre a hot shit applicant theyll give you a job.
>>
File: ADFGAYNESS.png (1MB, 352x3141px) Image search: [Google]
ADFGAYNESS.png
1MB, 352x3141px
>>39189861
Not sure how well this works but here goes nothing.
>>
I'm airforce, what you want is non destructive inspection
>>
>>39189938
>Your Pic
Due to high numbers of men women go free.
>>
>>39190931
australia air force or different country?
>>
>>39191284
US air force, but the concept is remains the same throughout.
>>
>>39191308
Australian AF NDI is a CPL and above job
>>
>>39189646
>Air Force
I don't know how it is in other countries, but becoming a military pilot is fucking hard over here, and I live in a shitty small country with not that great of an army to begin with. Here you need perfect 20/20 vision, perfect color vision, and impeccable physical and mental health. Pretty much a job for the genetically gifted the way I see it.
I wish you the best of luck nonetheless. Not being able to join my country's air force was felt like having a dream crushed, so I hope you'll be able to go further than I did.
>>
is there anyway to join the Australian army if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder?
>>
>>39189646
Killington yourself would be a better option
>>
>>39189646
Your lucky day bro.
I'm an ATC tower guy. I also had ADHD I just got a waiver for it and a doctor's evaluation. The job is great and I'd say it's like a high stakes game of Tetris. Would recommend only if you enjoy pressure/stress as it's got a high suicide rate. Any other questions?
>>
>>39191321
I dont understand what that means, is that like a level of education in straya?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.