[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uncertain Futures Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: dv1644042.jpg (75KB, 750x428px) Image search: [Google]
dv1644042.jpg
75KB, 750x428px
Anyone else have a plan for their future that is just starting to look harder and harder to fulfill?

I'm a Econ-Math major at a ''''top'''' university and I have a 3.2. I want to apply to an ABSN program when I graduate, but almost all are 3.3+. I always get B's in my sciences and I just don't think I can do it.
>>
>>39186701
How old are you anon? What are your goals career wise? What really helped me push thorough or adapt was looking at my short term goals and how they would serve my long term goals.

I took econ in uni and ended up working a corporate job for a venture capital firm for a while. I recently dropped it to open a distillery and I'm way happier and getting hands on experience running a business through the it's entire life cycle. I eventually want to do startup incubation, come in with capital and consulting for equity in small business get them successful.
>>
File: 1500586456127.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1500586456127.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>39186701
>Uncertain Futures

>give computer screen that ptsd stare mixed with deep depression
>>
I'm in trade school.
(I'm probably going to get ignored)
Trade school I'm at is good at bookwork and its accredited and legit.

I fear that even if I graduate I'm just going to be a fuck up and get blown up or straight fired over and over and over.

It's near impossible for me to be optimistic about the future.
>>
>>39186701
>>39186701
>Anyone else have a plan for their future that is just starting to look harder and harder to fulfill?

I had no plan, so there was no future to fulfill. Nothing has worked out so far though.
>>
>high school dropout
>GED
>no college
>no skills
>no hobbies
>no friends
>work at a grocery store
>no plans for the future
>planned to die at 18
>now 22

Wew. Who else /humanwaste/ here?
>>
I am so fucking scared of what the future

I am completely petrified by the thought of having to wageslave for the rest of my life. Retiring these days is literally impossible unless you work for the government
>>
>>39187787
>too sick to wageslave
>not sick enough for NEET bux
>too dumb for school
>>
>>39186701
Comp sci grad
No references
Normies everywhere in industry
No callbacks
Work is outsourced
Minorities and women are first hire picks

I work min wage security with a bachelor's, my dad earns nearly 60/hr working in my same field but he passes as native american, he told me no one white works in his office and that im probably boned
>>
>>39186701
I'm not sure if I'll make it through my program. I support myself on the scholarships and loans I get for it, and if I fail out I have now idea how I'll be able to pay the loans (~70k) back. It's pretty stressful to have this much riding on it.
>>
>>39186701
Problem is I just want to die, but until then I gotta do shit

I'm majoring in computer science, but I want to leave the country and most places outside the country pay less for comp sci majors (as in a bunch less). Also, I have terrible self esteem.
>>
>>39187922
how long have you've been job searching
>>
>>39187661
exact same situation but looking to die at 20
>>
I'm working as as engineer at the moment for a "top" tech company. But I don't see the point in wageslaving here for the rest of my life. Especially since I'm single and money means jack shit to me because I could survive on a fourth of my salary. I'm considering just saving up so that I can travel for 1-2 years and find out where I want to settle down eventually. But that could be a dumb move
>>
>>39186701
I just wanted to make vidya or cartoons...

Got kicked-out 3 times of computer science already. 26yo now just lying in bed awaiting merciful oblivion.
>>
>premed
>failed orgo
>couple of scattered c's
>disciplinary probation for weed
>3.47 GPA WITH replacement
>never talked to any professors because autistic and won't have lors
>no research
>haven't taken the mcat but it's looking bleak

I'm just looking at different suicide options at this point. Jumping off a building and shooting myself in the head midair is my current pick
>>
22. Flirted with university for a few years but decided to postpone it. Work at cafe. Had a delusory happy period over the summer in which i though i would work and travel for a while then return to uni. how romantic. reality is i'm too stupid to even look after myself probably couldn't even find a job overseas. too dumb for stem. not interested in any trade career.

genuinely considering becoming some drifter and eventually walking into a desert to die or something.
>>
>>39188075
6 months
Hil hitla
>>
I'm filling in my med school secondary applications for the second time after my involuntary gap year after graduating. Supposedly I have a better shot this time since I had spent the year making up for shit I didn't have on my application last time, but I still don't think it's good enough.

I really don't know what I'm going to do if I don't make it this time. I spent the year working a real office job at a startup which is supposed to have less bullshit than a bigger company. I can't stand the petty internal politics at all, not to mention the company I work for is going down the tubes. I really don't think I can stand working in a corporate office.
>>
>>39188436
Just join a trade school and make more than a doctor ya dummy.
>>
>>39188525
I couldn't handle the shame. I know that sounds cunty but my family situation and stubborn pride/ego prevents it
>>
>dropped and failed a few classes the past 2 years
>this semester, feel eager to learn and and have a genuine desire to get my degree
>have what is considered "poor standard academic performance" because I'm supposed to complete 70% of my attempted units and I'm at 69% right now
>financial aid suspended because of this
>can't afford to buy textbooks
>can't appeal to get my financial aid either because I would have to prove that I failed/dropped classes due to circumstances out of my control
>>
>23, autistic in ways
>community college drop out
>hikkineet for 5 years
trying to get my life together slowly
gonna learn webdev/programming
gonna try to get in shape
but don't know how to get rid of mental issues (like brain fog and being unable to keep motivation among others)
>>
>>39186701
My plan of having a will to live is definitely getting harder and harder to fullfill.
>>
I've got a pretty stable job, it's just that I don't like the idea of wageslaving every day for the next 40 years, then sitting around waiting to die.
>>
>got into drugs, stopped going to class, had a complete emntal breakdown, and dropped out of college my freshman year first go-around
>spend one year as a depressive NEET before re-applying to different college
>figure out after sophomore year of new college that I want to go into medicine
>gonna have to do a post-bacc to fill out credits
>3.59 GPA, starting senior year of undergrad

It's probably not too late for me, but I do feel like I've been held back two grades for being retarded. Still not looking forward to having to explain that first year or the NEET-year. Not sure why anybody would write me a letter of rec, either. I'm kind of a piece of shit.
>>
Eh im 27 and have been unemployed since i finished my tradeschool degree in electronics.

Think i might go study some more now that my depression is gone.

Not stressed about future anymore because it doesnt matter we live in the now.
>>
>dropped out of uni after 1 year of meme degree
>spent the last 5 years as a massively depressed lazy degenerate NEET fuck up
>no job ever
>always had dreams of getting STEM degree and working somewhere cool making decent money (i dont need much money at all)
>decided to self teach A levels and go to uni for mech eng degree

I think I'm reasonably smart, I'd always do average at school even though I never paid attention whatsoever, now I've got my head screwed on I feel confident I can do this and do it well.

But of course at the back of my head is this little voice saying "no, you're gonna stop self improving just like all the other times", "no, you'll get to uni and be way out of your league and fail", "no, you'll get out of uni and won't be able to get a job because of your 10 year gap of doing nothing", "no, before you even make it to uni the economy will crash and your poor family will starve to death". The last one scares me the most, that I didn't do this all earlier and become financially secure and able to survive financial collapse.
>>
30 yr old. Still have a thesis to finish an ECE master. Never worked on the field. Also a felon (record expires in the middle of the next year).

Socially excluded idd. Excluded but not finished! I'l just keep trying and so should you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLe0CK2nO2k
>>
>>39189213

Programming for the win m8. It trumps electronics and digital circuits every time for matters of employment because of the versatility it gives you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.