[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people drink? It worsens everything.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: liqour.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
liqour.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Why do people drink? It worsens everything.
>>
File: 1492490377996.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492490377996.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>bought 4 loko at convenience store down the road
>tastes like diluted carbonated nyquil
>there goes about $2.70 I'll never see again
>>
>>39185959
Because they're stupid? Although some drink because they want to die faster. They're too cowardly to shoot themselves but they'll chug down bottle after bottle in the hopes their liver just vanishes.
>>
>>39185959
Drinking makes being alive fun.
>>
File: 1503005772849s.jpg (3KB, 86x125px) Image search: [Google]
1503005772849s.jpg
3KB, 86x125px
Because it makes me feel something
>>
>>39185959

I know this feel, people always ask me why I never drink.

I go from moderately okay, to a neurotic fuck in a matter of 2 beers, each beer after I slowly descend into a deeper sadness.
>>
Because it's the only time I'm not myself and not stuck in my head.
I fucking hate myself
>>
alcohol makes pretending to be "happy" easier. it also makes it easier to let your guard down and express how sad or angry you really are. drinking makes people nasty. i wish we would all just do away with it.
>>
i drink because it's a downer

i like feeling "slow" and closed in
>>
Because drinking is the only way I can truly vent my frustration to noone anon senpai desu
>>
idiot detected. if you're too smart for your own good and notice wayyyyy too much, you drink to dumb yourself down just for a few hours to ease the pain
>>
>>39185999
>4 loko
this is the equivalent of buying an already-rolled-blunt from a nigger in the hood and paying $20 for it
>>
When im drink the problems seems a little smaller. And the pain fade away for a while.
>>
It numbs me and helps me forget what's bothering me. It helps to stop the sad thoughts from creeping in.
>>
>>39186018
Brown person detected.
>>
>>39185959
only in the long run
until then, beer makes me happy
>>
File: lifehax.png (29KB, 1089x520px) Image search: [Google]
lifehax.png
29KB, 1089x520px
Sober life is like X Y graph. Addition of alcohol unlocks a Z axis. With wine you see a sharp deviation into tolerability of life. Whether happy or sad everything becomes better with a bottle of wine. Sleep quality and duration suffers with alcohol but wake-sleep latency drops considerably. It also loosens inhibitions so I appear more articulate. There are some health impacts so I try to mix it up and include beer as well since it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. To stay on the safe side I also do some basic training, running/cycling 5km and full body A/B lifting sessions twice a week. You wouldn't expect much but those two hours a week really do wonders for the body. The only bummer is if I decide to go a little heavy on the booze one night. I weigh myself daily because autism and weight loss of 4lbs isn't unheard of. That's 1.8L of water I have to replace. Really blows my mind when considering I typically only drink about 3L/day.
>>
>>39185959
Sounds like you did something you regret
>>
cause drinking makes me laugh and smile more in one night than sober me does in 3 months
>>
>>39190378
You're that Anon that's posting in the dicket thread too, aren't ya. You're an interesting duck, my friend.
>>
>>39185959
Because I can't stand myself and my life sober.

It makes me feel less anxiety, and generally less shitty.

I've been an alcoholic for 8 years
>>
File: 606.jpg (140KB, 1279x960px) Image search: [Google]
606.jpg
140KB, 1279x960px
Pic related.

It's a social lubricant and numbs pain in the short term. Drinking for the taste isn't nearly as much as a meme as you might think as well.
>>
File: 1489867572995.png (84KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
1489867572995.png
84KB, 191x264px
I can't drink fast enough to catch a real buzz, and when I manage to I always get the spins.

How people can be alcoholics is beyond me. Different strokes for different folks?
>>
For me, it's because it kills the bad thoughts
>>
>>39191112
It affects everyone a little differently. The tolerance you build up over time has a lot to do with how it hits you as well.
>>
File: 1495913936968.jpg (87KB, 1006x921px) Image search: [Google]
1495913936968.jpg
87KB, 1006x921px
>>39186018
Yes that's how addiction works
you got it right anon
great post
you are very smart
>>
>>39190936

is drinking for the taste even a meme outside of shots? some drinks straight-up taste incredible, I love me some wine and mojitos and espresso martinis
>>
>tfw I'm always tired
>alcohol makes me even more tired

What is wrong with me
>>
>>39191173
It's an acquired taste that some people can't or won't acquire. Which leads them to believe that people only drink to get fucked up because they don't understand that it tastes great to a lot of people.

Having said that I buy the cheapest, nastiest, highest proof shit I can find because I just want to get fucked up. So what the fuck do I know.
>>
File: IMG_20170820_31932.jpg (35KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170820_31932.jpg
35KB, 800x450px
>>39190845
H-how could you tell?

Alcohol fills the void left behind by ex gfs pretty well. I recommend it to all. It's rare to meet other people into alcohol but every now and then you come across one. Unfortunately it's usually old ladies. An unfortunate case where the stereotype pretty closely mirrors real life. Only twice have I met a young man into alcohol, never a young lady, but more times than I can recall have I sperged about alcohol with a fellow wino who was middle aged female. It's a curious connection that is made when able to talk about terroirs and swap suggestions. I swear this one woman knew more about wine than I did. Fascinating experience. I am cheap drunk though, most wines are in the $10 range. Lots of quality to be found though.
>>
>>39191199

nothing. that applies to almost everyone.
alcohol induces drowsiness, it's proven
>>
It's probably because we are actually really really bored deep inside and can't handle that properly.
>>
>>39191234
If I wanted to get really ruined on wine, without paying much and without it tasting like paint thinner, what would you recommend I look for?
>>
File: ass.png (193KB, 379x673px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
193KB, 379x673px
>>39191271
Those Bay Bridge wines at Kroger are an incredible value. It's not going to bring home any awards but their cabernet sauvignon is $3/750mL. The pinot grigio is not bad if you like whites but I'd avoid the moscato or zinfandel as it's a bit on the sweet side. Whole Foods has the same shit under a different label. A lot of wineries just grow and sell the juice for winemakers, or even ferment and sell the wine for private labeling. I don't know of them but there has to be more brands that are in the ~$3 price range that is the same stuff. If you want vintage on the cheap I've never been disappointed with Black Box or Bota Box. They are around $16/3L so same price point but no bottles. If you really want to go bottom shelf Franzia dark red blend is surprisingly good, $20/5L but a little harsh to me. It's silly but I really enjoy the traditional of removing the capsule and cork from a bottle, it also enables one to keep an eye on consumption. When halfway through a bottle you think 'whoah, better slow down'. With a box the flow rate decreases a little but other than that it's hard to tell where you're at besides counting glasses.

Wine is weird because some of the pricier bottles seem imbalanced. When I dip above the $10 range some are downright sour or coat my tongue in fur. Maybe I have just acclimated to cheap shit and what seems out of balance is actually a good thing. At least with beer the ridiculous imbalance is enjoyable, whether alcohol heat, bitterness, or aroma.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.