[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do NOT commute to college if you have the opportunity to dorm there.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: 2013-10-08-ES.jpg (19KB, 397x500px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-08-ES.jpg
19KB, 397x500px
Do NOT commute to college if you have the opportunity to dorm there.
>>
fuck that, college would've sucked if I didn't go home everyday
>>
>>39180792
But I'm saving like $18000/year and the university is paying my tuition and fees (excluding dorms) for 4 years, desu

I'll have a debt-free degree by commuting just 20 minutes each way
>>
>>39180792
I commute to college and I'm currently listening to Elliott Smith. What is this?
>>
>>39180836
Roman Candle is amazing.
>>
>>39180926
That's exactly what I was listening to. Kiwi Maddog 20/20 specifically.
>>
>>39180926
It was all downhill after the debut, RC is easily his most consistent front to back
>>
>saving money by catching train and bus
>get to go home at the end of the day where I have a nice, /comfy/ room
>get to play with family dogs
>get to watch shit on tv and youtube with my family
>don't want to kill myself quite as much as I would otherwise
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>39180814
>>39180817
>>39180836
>>39181087
You guys are missing out on what could be the only greatest years of your life.
>>
>>39180792
If I live at home, everything is paid. If I move out I have to pay for everything except for tuition. I love my parents, but I would like to move out after I finish my first year.
Does anyone here know how to make enough money to do so while going to college full time? Everything (roommates, location etc) works out where I'd only pay about $5-600/month on rent in this area.
>>
>>39181151
>missing out
What the fuck would somebody like me have missed by living in a shitty dorm room?
>>
File: 1503006175191.png (2MB, 667x638px) Image search: [Google]
1503006175191.png
2MB, 667x638px
Luckily mummies house is only a 5 minute walk from the uni

But I still want ti dorm and try my hand at being a normie
>>
>>39181151
>repaying student debt
>great
>>
>>39181152
Get a remote programming job as a contractor. Those pay enough to cover those kind of expenses. On-campus jobs are too much work for too little pay.
>>
Yeah nah fuck all the extra money and I'm comfier at Mom's anyways not having to hear drunk normos partying/fucking all hours of the nice.
>>
File: 1496737473357.jpg (258KB, 658x501px) Image search: [Google]
1496737473357.jpg
258KB, 658x501px
>>39181151
And you are here, posting on r9k. What are you, a normie? Gtfo.
>>
File: 1503161150519.png (246KB, 1338x569px) Image search: [Google]
1503161150519.png
246KB, 1338x569px
>>39181151
True. They miss out on an incredible part of life, where people are young and discover the world for the very first time as adults. Life-long bonds with broes and future business partners are formed (like Steve Jobs and Wozniak), and most people also find their partner. People who miss out on the college-dorm experience are truly doomed for the rest of their life. Irreparable damage. Forever condemned to the dark and sick fringes of society where they shall dwell alone in the dark for all eternity
>>
File: 2f0.jpg (219KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
2f0.jpg
219KB, 560x577px
>forced to live in a hot, gross room the size of a prison cell
>roommate is a complete crapshoot, likely either a Chad who blasts nigger music 24/7 or a Pajeet who doesn't bathe
>gross communal showers and shitters
>forced socializing

Yeah, dorm life is great, especially for robots.
>>
>>39181443
if you cant do this without living in a dorm you're probably a loser

and I'm pretty sure you're not from a real city
>>
>>39181443

This won't take off, fembots don't exist. Stop posting it.
>>
>>39181443
>most people also find their partner
This is 100% true. Pretty much everyone I know came out of college still in a relationship with the same person they found in freshman or sophomore year. I wouldn't be surprised if they all marry very soon.
>>
>>39181443
I lived in the dorm freshman year, I'm a serious fucking loser so I never met anybody or did anything.

I'm doomed for the rest of my life but I was already fucked anyway
>>
>>39181545
Well let's find out why that went wrong. Did you ever leave your door open?
>>
>>39181563
yes.

Actually, everyone in all the rooms around me ended up being friends without me. What went wrong is that I could not (and still cannot) socialize with other people in real life.
>>
>>39181588
How was your relationship with your roommate?
>>
>>39180792
seconding this. It's a great experience and worth the money. My first true taste of freedom and man did I get carried away with it.
>>
>>39181151

>it's impossible to have the college experience if don't live in a dorm

But room costs retarded amounts each month. You can still party, fuck, and have fun if you commute. Just make friends. But you probably can't make friends.
>>
>>39181602
my roommate was a genuine autistic weirdo who would wake up at 6am blasting dubstep music and youtube let's play videos. He pissed off everyone else on the floor too by calling res life on them for drinking and stupid shit like that. I was hoping I could initially connect with them over that but it didn't really work.
>>
>>39180792
>tfw lose 4 hours of my life a week just commuting
>>
Pretty disappointed I couldn't afford to dorm. Guess thats the penalty of being a poor dumb white guy.
>>
>>39181719

>tfw lose 12 hours of my life a week commuting

The money is worth it but it really is a nightmare
>>
>>39180792
Man, commuters have NO IDEA what they are missing out on, holy shit. It's a completely different life, and nothing like anything you'll ever experience again.

Unfortunately I lived on campus 5 years, but really didn't get out much after the first year. I have so many regrets. College is like the best time of your life served up on a silver platter, but I squandered it.
>>
>>39180792

This is true. I actually had friends and got up to hijinks. It was unironically the happiest period of my life.
>>
PLEASE HELP ME BOTS! I am going into my freshman year and dorming with two other strangers. I am very nervous this isn't going to work out for me. What are some tips you guys can give me? I think I'm pretty easy-going, but I've never been the social type. How do I make friends with other people?
>>
>>39181870
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN FOUR YEARS
>>
>>39180792
>'murica
originetti
>>
>>39181870
Just ride it out. You'll be surprised, I didn't think I could share a room with someone either but you pretty much are used to it after two weeks. If you're lucky one of them will be a loser who you can pal around with and the other will be a chad who might bring some free girls your way
>>
>>39181151
I fucking hate this meme.

I lived on campus and those were some of the worst years of my life.
>>
>>39181923
Hmm... never thought about it like that. Maybe it could work out. Also, how do I suppress my autism when I'm around women?
>>
File: Picture1.png (1MB, 1475x943px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
1MB, 1475x943px
>>39181870
>ask people questions about themselves and what they like. People like to talk about themselves.
>don't bring your $9,000 autism rig with you and become the shut-in dude who spent all his time playing DOTA2
>read Leil Lowndes and Carnegie; stay away from any robot/pol propaganda for your own mental health
>best case:get off this board. realistic: make sure this board isn't taking up more than 10% of your time or social interaction
>>
>>39181692
Just sounds like an unfortunate situation. What was the makeup of the people on your floor? Were there any that had any shared interests of yours?
>>
>>39180792
I'll actually be living in a dorm. Any advices?
>>
>>39181151
>shitting on a toilet that other people use
Fuck that
>>
>>39182107
nope. Just normalfags.
>>
>>39180817
Me too senpai. You'd have to be retarded to waste 70 grand just to make it slightly easier to make friends.
>>
>>39180792
I already lived at a dorm. Didn't talk to people, felt horrible about going to the kitchen and avoided the one guy who approached me.
>>
>>39182144
>Any time anyone asks you to do something with them, if it happens, say YES without fail
>Make sure any time someone asks for your number, you actually put in the effort to ask them to go get coffee one time and hang or something
>Make sure you spend every weekend NOT in your dorm, even if you're just sitting at some random bar watching TV. Someone may say hi, and put in effort to talk to them
>Don't be self conscious. I know this is impossible but try

I didn't do any of this and I made absolutely no friends and had zero social contact in college. I can count the number of conversations I had with people unrelated to mandated school group work on one hand, I'm not even exagerrating. Don't be like me please because now I want to kill myself

Even if you succeed academically you'll just end up a lonely fucking loser like me with lots of money but nothing to spend it on because no friends, no gf, fuck my life OMG WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE>
>>
>>39182170
If you genuinely tried at times but nothing came out of it then I guess you just had a really unlucky placement. I know from experience that these are not as successful as meeting people in dorms, but did you ever try clubs and talking to people in class?
>>
>>39182234
>Any time anyone asks you to do something with them, if it happens, say YES without fail
I get what you're saying with this. I just want to remind people here not to take that literally. There are obvious exceptions to that. If you want a specific example: If you've never been to a party, feel nervous about them in general, and you get invited to go to one, definitely go. Doesn't mean you have to do drugs or drink, just a little something to break out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>39182234
Thank you, Anon. There's always hope anyway, so don't kill yourself just yet and don't stop trying. Just as you said, you can go to a bar and watch tv, and you have the chance of someone talking to you. You could apply those things you told me into your life, just in a different way.
>>
>>39182234
The bigger joke is being too robotic to join a competitive field or get references for am entry job, i got a bach in comp sci, but i work min wage night time security due to autism
>>
God damn I just skipped half my introduction week. I said I was going to go to everything but it hurst so fucking much. I literally almost shat myself just from going there the first day. Then a girl approached me and talked to me and I couldn't say anything but single word answers and she got bored. Locked myself in a bathroom and cried while shitting after that. Then I went home for the rest of the week.
>>
>>39182234
Also to expand on this, here's another really important point that I've only recently realized

There are a lot of guys just like us in college. Lots of them. You see them as normies but some of them are just good at pretending. You WILL go to class with guys who also have no friends etc. With nerdy weird guys who like anime and vidya. Just try to be friends with them I guess

I remember this dude I met who played the same game as me (Runescape). He tried to be my friend and talk to me twice and I sort of brushed him off out of social anxiety and not feeling comfortable. It was a mistake, we could've been bros I guess. Maybe I'm just being overoptimistic looking back but yeah.

There are robots don't ignore them.
>>
>>39180792
Rip in peace Elliot.
Roasties will only kill you in the end
>>
>>39182679
>He tried to be my friend and talk to me twice and I sort of brushed him off out of social anxiety and not feeling comfortable.
It's easy to brush someone off because more often than not people want someone who's better.
>>
>>39180792
Why would I waste money on a dorm when I live 15 minutes away and my parents will provide shit for me?
>>
>>39181151
>You guys are missing out on what could be the only greatest years of your life.

PSA TO ALL THE COLLEGE BOTS: IF YOU WERE INTROVERTED IN HS, 99% YOU'LL BE INTROVERTED IN COLLEGE TOO. YOU'LL JUST BE WASTING MONEY YOU CAN STILL MAKE BUSINESS/JOB CONNECTIONS BUT YOU WONT MAKE FRIENDS
>>
>>39183574
b-but what if it will be different....
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.