/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one become assertive, dominant and confident, and how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1397690286642.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1397690286642.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
How does one become assertive, dominant and confident, and how does one communicate those things to ones environment? Please provide a step by step guide, examples and assume no previous foundation to build on.
>>
you sure you're asking the right people?
>>
>>39173004
You could start from body language, like walking with confidence and assertiveness.
>>
1. Become competent.
2. Confidence and assertiveness will naturally follow.

Don't bother trying to fake confidence, it's too easy to spot.
>>
>>39173042
Could you elaborate on that please?
>>
>>39173055
But at what and how does become competent? How do I spot fake confidence?
>>
File: ti_graphics_bodylanguage.gif (290KB, 1200x1575px) Image search: [Google]
ti_graphics_bodylanguage.gif
290KB, 1200x1575px
>>39173075
Start reading from here
http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/confident_body.htm
>>
>>39173004
It's got to be a genuine feeling you feel on the inside. People can tell if you're faking it.

If you have social anxiety, it ain't going to happen. You'll need to get over that first.
>>
>>39173168
And how do I get over that social anxiety?
>>
>>39173113
That does look fairly interesting and helpful. Thank you.
>>
>>39173250
The only thing you can do is expose yourself to more social situations.

Mine passed with age. Mine was so bad when I was a little kid, I refused to go into crowds.
>>
File: firm handshake man.jpg (36KB, 502x407px) Image search: [Google]
firm handshake man.jpg
36KB, 502x407px
>>39173113
>Weak Handshake
>A strong handshake is always better than a weak, limp one
>especially when interviewing for jobs
See son, even those pictures on your favourite "4chans" website is telling you.
>>
roids
your beta behavior is likely in no small part a result of low T
>>
>>39173347
>low T
I have naturally low T.
>>
>>39173512
Go on nofap for a month, take weeks were you skip a few days at first since you're to beta to go cold turkey.
>>
>>39173004
It's mostly in born traits and some environmental factors.

A child's life between the ages of 1-12 is critical.
>>
>>39173540
>nofap
that's broscience. What will i get from edging all the time?
>>
>>39173004
speak with an assertive voice and have the body language of a fucking alpha with relaxed shoulders and slightly sticking out chest
>>
>>39173004
Antony fantano best described this mindset when he described thrash metal.
>Self aware but not self conscious
That's really what you want to be feeling as you strut around. Ready to laugh at the next dumb thing to happen, whether it's you or something else.
Not invested but ready to invest.
That's really how I would describe it.
>>
>>39173883
>not self conscious
Why it's a bad thing?
>>
>>39173891
Yeah.
Like if you have a head full of acne this week you just strut around like it's not there. Ofc it is there and you should probably change your pillowcase or whatever, but the point is you're going to have a lot of small inconsequential characteristics and it's best to just say fuck it and roll with it.
You can still be self aware and not squeeze in public. But not self conscious in a way that would make you say, damn, this acne sucks, I'm a worse human being now.
>>
>>39173932
So you deny your flaws on purpose?
>>
>>39173947
Nah you just don't let them devalue yourself.
Self aware, not self conscious.
Going back to acne day.
If some ass made a pizza joke you'd chuckle and tell them to taste a slice or something and give them the bird.
You clearly have it it's just not impeding you.
It won't go away any faster than as fast as it can, you know, so why get upset.
>>
File: rokifeels1.png (607KB, 634x479px) Image search: [Google]
rokifeels1.png
607KB, 634x479px
>>39173004
Let me tell you, because I was a semi-normie for two years and I attempted Chadhood. First off, it's a mindset. You need to tell yourself that others don't matter; that what they see in you is what you allow them to see. When you've got that mindset you need the right gestures. Walk with small space between your steps, but maintain your torso upright. Also, for the head, look in front of you, maybe add a serious expression to your face. Only smile to cashiers or acquaintances, otherwise frown but never look down. Your CHIN is then very important. ALWAYS keep it up. Your shoulders need to be relaxed.

You need to breathe boldness and confidence. When you talk, talk loud. Talk fast, use slang.

Now let's get to the clothes. You need some fit jeans and sneakers (maybe camo and boots if you're the paramilitary type). Then put on a clean shirt, leave it tucked or untucked (NO GRAPHICS T SHIRTS).

Now to your hairstyle. Either style it with gel or shave your head. It needs to be clean and good-looking.

If you want inspiration watch Scarface (Tony Montana is your role model) or some of Benito Mussolini's speeches.

---------

So why the fuck am I on /r9k/ if I did all this stuff and it worked? WELL GUESS WHAT IT ONLY WORKS FOR SOME TIME. Yeah, you'll project confidence IF you can get past the inner anxiety/diagnosed shit illnesses you have. But it'll be a front. Like me, you'll remain close yet locked away from normie world. Like me, you'll find out that you missed the steps every human being should have done: socializing in childhood, etc...You'll realize you're inadequate. You'll be rejected, and if you're unlucky, you'll be rejected by a girl you love deeply. Then you'll come back here in defeat, having had a taste of the good life but not being able to swallow it.
>>
File: 666666.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
666666.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>39173004
Step one: Stop giving a fuck. Just stop. Nothing at all matters and everything will stop existing forever the moment you die.

Step two: Figure out what you want. Think about it. Women? Money? Fame?

Step three: Do whatever the fuck you want to in order to achieve those things. Just be smart. And remember that you are the main character of your universe.
>>
>>39174058
If only that had gotten me anywhere. I got to a good school and passed, but it broke me. Alienated from everybody. Just an empty shell now. Got rejected by my crush and stopped caring too. No more working out. No more self-care (well, I shaved today).
This will only work if you are strong. If you are weak, it will fail
>>
>>39174057
>Talk fast, use slang.

I got to about here before I stopped reading because you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Talking fast is a sign that you might not value what you have to say. If you don't think people care about what you're talking about, you'll spout it out faster just so you don't take up too much of your time. If you want to play the douchebag alpha role, speak loudly and confidently, but speak at a casual pace that tells people what you're saying is important to listen to.

As far as the slang thing goes, it depends on who you're talking to and what situation you're in.
>>
>>39174170
Ultimately you have to be the one to decide to start improving yourself.

Simply put, if you have no problem lying down all day, then there's nowhere to go.

You will do as you are meant to do.
>>
>>39174058
>Figure out what you want.
That's the thing pops - i want nothing as nothing interests me.
>>
>>39174202
I speak far too quickly and it's mostly because I'm three words ahead of myself if I'm just spitting out gab gab.
If someone says something important to me like why is it acceptable to align yourself with Nazis to defeat Commies when both are collectivist scum, then I have to slow down and formulate words.

But yeah all the time people ask me to repeat myself and I just do it without getting flustered or stressing anything.

I think you might be right but again it's something to be self conscious about and I just don't have that capacity for neurotic self censorship.
>>
>>39174202
>If you want to play the douchebag alpha role, speak loudly and confidently
I said that fucking retard

>casual pace
Of course don't talk like a sperg hence why I said talk loud, but talk fast enough so people have to pay attention to what you say. Talking fast means that you don't care what you're talking about, that it's just casual for you
>>
>>39174202
You know what fuck off. I'm a worthless cunt anyway. Probably why none of the tips I myself mentioned never worked. Don't bother fucking replying to this post faggot, you won, I lost
>>
>>39173004
Obviously that advice need not be given to anime posters or cunts
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.