[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well oldbots, whats your problem? why arent you rich?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: qt11nftrq6gz.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
qt11nftrq6gz.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
Well oldbots, whats your problem? why arent you rich?
>>
extra money doesn't really do anything for me

i make enough to live quite comfortably as a single guy. beyond that i just want an easy low stress life.
>>
It sickens me how nobody my age seems to have financial sense. People get a new car every other year, new phone every year, spends money on random shit all the time, literally living pay check to pay check despite constantly working above min wage.
>>
>>39163637
>new phone every year

a new phone is like $600, its not that much and we pretty much need it for everything
>>
>>39163663
You don't need to blow 600$ on a new phone every single year, retard. Do you upgrade your computer every time a new part comes out too?
>>
Spoiler a large percent of people are poor at the age 35.
>>
>>39163688
You know that isn't how buying a phone works. Very few people outright pay $600. Most people sign a payment plan contract. $20 to $50 a month is affordable.
>>
>>39163688
If you're making six figs, it's a pretty minor expense m8.
>>
as long as im not poor at 40
>>
>>39163722
Pretty much this. It's easy for some rich guy to say crap like that, but most people I know at that age aren't rich
>>
>>39163432
ugly gook fuck doesnt understand the significance of circumstance and luck
>>
>>39164007
Well he, like Gates, musk, bezos, created their empire from nothing
>>
>>39164007

No, he's objectively right. It's just that everything these sorts of people say takes huge amounts of discipline, hard work, sacrifice and education. You literally need to be devoted completely to success.

People like that can never understand that not everyone is as determined and driven and frugal and completely focused on financial success above all else.
>>
>>39163432
I've missed the starting gun.
>>
>>39163755
>$50 * 12 is more affordable than $600
>>
>>39163770
That's obviously not what my original post replied to. A guy making 6 figures obviously doesn't care. The poor people living paycheck to paycheck who do that are stupid which is who I clearly referred to here >>39163637
>>
65k in saving here as a salaryslave for a big corporation. I'm considering buying two houses as rental properties to get a passive income. I have the credit score to get a loan and the renters market is great. I'm gonna wait a few years though because I can feel another housing bubble in my bones.

>>39163688
I make 600$ in roughly 11 hours. It's less than two days of pay. I still buy a new phone every 3-4 years, but come on man phones aren't expensive.
>>
>>39163432
I'm 27, spent my teens and twenties scraping along the bottom of society doing drugs and fucking my life up. I just got an apprenticeship from my tradeschool, starts at $14/hr. Hopefully by the time I'm 35 I'll be making $25/hr or something similar.

I'll never be rich, but by the Gods I'll be making it.
>>
>>39164111
see this post which I already countered you >>39164105
>>
tfw not rich

sucks
>>
>>39164119
>$25/hr
>making it
never gonna make it
>>
>>39163663
No dipshit, you don't need a new phone when your phone from 5 years ago is functionally the same.
>>
>>39164220

My phone from 5 years ago broke three years ago when some dumb bitch dropped it while calling her mother.

Also you're a pretentious faggot. I hear euthanasia is fairly painless. Consider it.
>>
lol wagecucks. enjoy paying my rent and bills for me.
>>
>>39164220
>My phone from 5 years ago broke three years ago when some dumb bitch dropped it while calling her mother.

Nobody asked for your life story, you worthless cunt.

>pretentious

And stop using words you don't understand, subhuman.
>>
>>39164261
A new phone is $60 including tax from Metro PCS. Do you need a $600 phone to impress girls?
>>
>>39164391

Cry more ragie wagie
>>
File: 1501525072472.png (293KB, 793x532px) Image search: [Google]
1501525072472.png
293KB, 793x532px
>when a boomer tells you to get out there and start your own business
>>
File: bandofcounts.jpg (113KB, 536x518px) Image search: [Google]
bandofcounts.jpg
113KB, 536x518px
>>39163432
I bet he supports asian students coming to the west, for free grades and gibs.

>Normalizes the lie westerners are lazy, still pushes for in-sourcing people.
>You damn westerners deserve to be poor, us chinee numba wan <|:\.
>>
>>39164073
>takes huge amounts of discipline, hard work, sacrifice and education.
And connections. It's always about what people you are connected to.
>>
>>39164497
Musk was literally autistic
>>
>>39164073
It might take a little education I guess, since I do have an associates degree. Everything else is bullshit though. I'm not a hard worker, disciplined, or sacrificial. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work to find so much shit to waste money on really. I want a new phone but am too lazy to read up on which one to get. So many options I decide fuck it and wait for the next gen only to be met with the same problem. Same shit with clothes, basic shirts and trousers all look about the same and if you buy quality they last years. I'm only making about $30/hr but my checking account is filling up so fast I have to keep bumping what goes into the 403b, HSA,etc. When this wasn't enough I had to get my investment guy to set up my checking so it automatically auto withdraws from checking anything over $4k each month. OP image is very true. It's damn near impossible to be poor at 35 unless you are trying to live paycheck to paycheck. There is no other way to look at it, they deserve it. If I were actually making a lot of money I'd be doing even better. Somehow it seems other people continue living paycheck to paycheck even after career changes and huge raises.
>>
>>39163432
>Yet another rich bitch says "muh bootstraps muffugga"
This ugly, deformed little troll would have been euthanized in any sane world at birth.
>>
>>39163637
Yeah I fucking know. What's with all these poor people buying new cars all the time?
>>
>>39164638
Musk was born into an upper middle class family. Consider where he got his first chunk of wealth from: a literal surrogate banking system.
>>
>>39164197
I'd be happy making $25/hour if I lived somewhere where the cost of living was low.

Like Utah maybe.
>>
how depressing.

time to cope with escapism now
>>
There is an important takeaway for everyone in this thread: The rich ALWAYS FUCKING LIE. And they're amazingly delusional. Rich people have only ever gotten rich by either being lucky or being sociopaths and lucky. Hard work and intelligence have absolutely fucking nothing to do with wealth. Capitalism is literally the opposite of meritocracy.
>>
>>39165531

Tbh $25/hr is more than enough if you don't have kids or debt and as long as you aren't terrible with impulsive spending
>>
File: 1499541780532.png (29KB, 735x668px) Image search: [Google]
1499541780532.png
29KB, 735x668px
35k at 25 still counts as being poor doesn't it?
I really should stop spending as much on guns and invest in mutual funds or something.
>>
>>39163722
>>39163829
This.
Oh, and it is mostly men too.
When all you see is the front facing side of society, it's easy to think that, you see the accountant and managers and maybe some female office staff working half days. What you don't see is all the men in the warehouse, working swing, working graveyard. All the poor slobs with no hope. All the shippers, drivers. All the box cutters in the supermarket after hours.
>>
Have always worked. I now have a very good job. Living costs are high here. The rest I spend on alcohol and drugs that I do alone in my living room.
Could be doing well but can't deal with being sober and alone.
>>
>>39165723
>MUH EVILS OF CAPITALISM
>As he says online, using his computer, living in a home, having a bed to sleep on, having food readily available to him etc etc

Dude, being born in a western capitalist nation is winning the lottery of life. Are we all going to become mega millionaires? No, obviously not, but we're all guaranteed a level of comfort and prosperity unknown to most of the world. You have to actively try to fuck up to get in a rough spot and even then our poorest poor live better off than the poor in non-capitalist nations.

But let's throw it all away to take another stab at communism, it failed every other time but its sure to work now!
>>
>>39163432
Cause I can't buy Bitcoin where I live.
>>
>>39166043
>Hurr hurr u not like capitalism? Well technology! Checkmate, atheists!
Wow you sure convinced me with those hot opinions. Now hold up an iPhone and smirk.
>>
>>39166108
What has it given you to hate to begin with?
>>
>>39164093
Paying $50 per month is way easier than paying $600 instantly, because we cant just spend $600 and not pay the rent, but we can save $50 each month by not buying useless stuff.
Think about it next time anon.
>>
>>39164105
>moving goalposts
oke please come back when you want to be serious. oke sweetie ;')
>>
>>39165725
Yeah. It'd be awesome. Personally feel I might have a problem with being motivated once I reached that sort of income if I lived in a cheap area and didn't feel a strong need to move to a more expensive area or something.

I'm currently unemployed, I have a worthless ba, and I've never made more than a few dollars above minimum wage.

Do you think if I really tried looking for work, that I could find a $35 k/year job or quickly reach that sort of income?

I feel like I could do OK in sales. I've done some volunteer and paid political work, and I feel like I did pretty well selling when the goal is getting out there and trying to inform people about something. I was usually able to collect more signatures for petitions than Chads that actually work in sales or business. LOL.
>>
>>39166149
I'm not siding with that guy, but people should not be financing phones unless it is part of a plan to start regularly working uber or something.

Not sure how it works, but if you're buying a phone on a payment plan, I'm guessing you also pay interest and service fees.
>>
File: 2206203904.jpg (819KB, 1798x930px) Image search: [Google]
2206203904.jpg
819KB, 1798x930px
>>39163432

In a perfect world this might be true, like communism, corperatism, or capitalism.

But the world isnt as clean cut and dry like this gook believes.

Plenty of people are born with defects that prevent them from having oppurtunities or being capable of working many jobs or hours.

Others simply dont live in an economically viable area, and are unable to move to greener pastuers.

And it's not like there's infinity openings for infinity jobs, or that any given job is going to be stable or profitable in the long run.

For every wealthy person in this country, there are thousands who are destitute.

For every successful business story, there's a burnout, a failure, or a victim.

And really, only a sociopath/asshole believes people deserve to be poor and/or suffer.
>>
>>39166323
>For every wealthy person in this country, there are thousands who are destitute.
That's not even getting into the core problem.
For there to be rich there MUST be poor.

If everyone has 1 million dollars you don't have a rich society, you have inflation and everyone is poor.
If 1 person has 1 million dollars and everyone else has 100, you have a very rich person surrounded by poor people.
If 1 person has 100 dollars and everyone else has $0.10, you STILL have a very rich person surrounded by poor people.

Disparity in economic power IS wealth.
>>
>>39166281

Don't live in burgerland nor do I know what the the job market in your specific area is like but I do know that a lot of jobs will hire regardless of what degree you have as long as you have one. I don't have a degree and work for my city and make a bit more than equivalent to $25/hr US. $35k/year isn't a ridiculous expectation just find the best work you can and always keep on the lookout for new opportunities. With experience and time it will happen. I was a full fledged NEET from 18-25 and managed to still survive even though I still feel like a complete manchild.

Also, never be afraid to fluff the shit out of your resume. Just don't say you have experience in something that will be completely obvious you don't once you start the job. I once bullshit my way into a head-chef position and was fired within 2 weeks.
>>
>>39166322
Neither am I, buying a new phone each year is stupid anyway.
Also, I believe you do have to pay interest and services fees.
>>
>>39164111

> I can feel another housing bubble in my bones.

Talked with somebody balls deep into real-estate recently.

He hinted at the idea that the next "cyclical correction" won't be as bad as the last but it is definitely due soon.

To some degree, these events are manufactured by the people/companies/parties that can most benefit
>>
>>39167411

Relevant: https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2017/08/15/58-of-homeowners-think-the-market-is-headed-for-a-price-correction-are-bubble-fears-founded/
>>
>>39164073
How do I want it though? I want to want it and I want the things that come with it (like, companionship :3) but working is absolutely soul sucking. I fucked up bad by not focusing on my university education and now the debt won't let me go back. This is a nightmare of my own making.
>>
>>39164119
Wish you luck mang. I've considered it. Ended up truck driving for 2 years. Miserable as shit but the cash was pretty good. I just can't seem to maintain much beyond that.
>>
>>39165775

Look into structured notes

Buy them once or twice when the market is up (an example, the past three years) hold cash/bonds when market is down (example, 2008-2012)

Of course, this is all on top of maxing out your 401k employer match contribution, if it exists.
>>
Money has never made me happy. As long as I make enough to support myself and buy a nice thing every now and then, I am happy. My goal in life is to achieve this with as little stress as possible. I have already achieved the money part, now I just need to lower the stress. If it makes me poor in the eyes of a Chinese billionaire, so be it. Enough to live is enough for me.
>>
>>39163663
Had an iphone 4s for almost 4 years. Does everything I want it to. If I'd bought a new iphone every year id have spent 2000 pounds on essentially the same piece of crap every time. Use your brain
>>
>>39167652
Nothing wrong with being humble m8. Just live and enjoy your life, don't let yourself go cause you don't want to deal with the health issues you can try to prevent
>>
>>39166433
You're conflating two things here:
For people to be CONSIDERED rich there MUST be poor.

But it is possible for everyone to actually be wealthy. You can't just dismiss millionaires as poor because "muh inflation" because inflation and wealth depend on much more than just money. Productivity is the key.
>>
>>39164982

You're not actually rich though. You're just a boring loser with some savings.
>>
>>39167887
You're not actually Santa Claus though, at least I never said I was rich. I really don't have any savings either. Most of my money is invested. Only retards save their money.
>>
>>39167931

The entire premise of the thread is about being rich, you pathetic cunt.
>>
>>39167968

The entire premise of the thread is about being poor. The exact opposite of being rich. l2read roflmaowtfbblgbtq
>>
>tfw 26 only ever had two jobs
>tfw current job is part time i've been working for a year
>tfw don't know what I will do if my parents were to die tonight
Help me robots how do I get a better paying job at least minium wage 40hours a week?
>>
I'm not THAT oldbot but I genuinely really don't care all that much about getting rich. There's a reason not many people are rich, there's a limited amount of people that really give a damn about making the sacrifices needed to make a ton of money. There's going to be an equilibrium reached at some point where people just genuinely don't think it's worth the effort to get rich. There are rapidly depreciating returns on how happy more money makes you, the important thing is to have enough money to have security, which doesn't take THAT much money.

Also if you're a dull person you're gonna have an awfully hard time getting beyond the level of middle class no matter how hard you work.
>>
>>39164093
It absolutely is, learn to economics, if there is no difference in the money you pay at the end of the day, you should ALWAYS opt to pay in installments rather than as a lump sum. You can put the money you didn't spend yet to work for you.
>>
>>39164050

To be fair, Bill Gates originally got a million dollars from his father for starting up his business. Not exactly starting from nothing.
>>
>>39166323
t;ldr privilege.
/tumblr/ is that way fagget
>>
>>39168798
Bill Gates was hardly a rags to riches story, how poor do you think a guy named "William Henry Gates III" is, but he certainly didn't squander any of the opportunities that were handed to him.

He also had brass fucking balls and fought against the giants of his time like IBM. He was not a risk adverse guy.
>>
>>39168817
He was middle class like most people browsing /r9k/
>>
>>39166227
Not even that guy but you're the one who moved the goalpost in the first place you autistic retard
>>
>>39163432
Thanks merchant!
>>
>>39163432

I have some monies so I can afford some things, other things I can't afford. At what point am I considered rich?
>>
>>39163432
99% of the people posting on this site are completely illiterate. Gook goblin here is not saying that you should be rich when you are 35, he is saying you should not be poor. This is not a very hard concept to understand, but I guess many of you are useless brainlets.
>>
>>39163432
Most people are poor. Most jobs pay minimum wage. Minimum wage is never above the poverty line.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.