[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my doctor jewing me with this stuff? I already feel kinda

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Accutane-Isotretinoin-Dosages.jpg (99KB, 600x683px) Image search: [Google]
Accutane-Isotretinoin-Dosages.jpg
99KB, 600x683px
Is my doctor jewing me with this stuff? I already feel kinda sick, and ive been told the side effects are really bad.
>>
Had a friend who took it.
It cleared his skin pretty well, except now he's 21 and his hair is receding pretty fast
>>
>>39163286
I took it and it works, not really any jewing being done I think. Problem is when I stopped it came back slightly so I probably should have been on another 6 months. There's a reason they're giving you blood tests though, it's definitely dangerous
>>
>>39163286
Recognized what this post was about from the image, my dude. I was on accutane for about six months. I was on tetracycline-HCl for a year prior.
I was prescribed antibiotics initially because I had pretty bad cystic acne at 14. Antibiotics lost their effectiveness after a few months. I remember looking at my shit face and thinking "I wish there was a pill that would just make this shit stop." I didn't care what it was, didn't care about the side effects, I just wanted it. Then I learned about accutane.
It worked for me, I was on it for four months initially (40mg per day if I remember correctly, might have been 60). My skin was dry as fuck, the acne subsided, my scars faded a bit. It started again sometime later, so I took for another month or two. I've had what I would call "normal" acne since then (very occasional, small spots).
I don't recall any mental side effects; my depression was magnified at times. Aside from mental health concerns, I believe there is a risk of brain-swelling (!), serious birth defects if you're pregnant, and an increased risk of lung cancer if you smoke.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I would be glad to answer any questions though.
>>
I chose to finish the course 3 months early because I just felt like shit all the time, and I was scared that I'd fucked my liver because I drank heavily a couple of times
>>
>>39163607
Still cleared my acne completely btw
>>
It'll get rid of your acne but it'll fuck up literally everything else. Your sex drive will be ruined. You'll go bald faster. You'll gain weight. You'll become emotionally unstable.
>>
>>39163671
This is true, Accutane gave me terrible anxiety. But it was really the only cure for me because I had shit-faced acne. I'd do it again if I had to -- but my skin has been clear for 2 or 3 years
>>
It's dangerous AF. I was reading this story of a guy that took it and now he sees greens as blues. Good luck robit
>>
It works differently for everyone. I went on it and other than the super dry skin and chapped lips everything was fine. It's been 4 years since now and I haven't noticed any side effects.
>>
>>39163671
>>39164667
unless you can provide some source or reason why these effects may occur, i'm gonna have to call bs here. they were probably just unrelated things that happening around the same time.

there is no reason why accutane should be affecting your hair or testosterone levels or brain chemistry AT ALL.
>>
>>39163671
>It'll get rid of your acne but it'll fuck up literally everything else. Your sex drive will be ruined. You'll go bald faster. You'll gain weight. You'll become emotionally unstable.

bull fucking shit, this is coming from someone who took it years ago and i still have no side effects

chances are OP the worst side effect you'll get is just dryness
>>
Worst case scenario i can always stop taking the medication. I was lucky enough to have a clear face just absolutely terrible acne on my back.
>>
OP I tried everything for 5 years as a teenager and nothing worked, accutane cleared my skin up in 6 months. The only side effects are VERY chapped lips and otherwise dry skin. People saying it will mess with your mental wellness are full of shit.
>>
>>39163286
It stunts your skeletal growth. Don't take this if you're underage.
>>
>>39164970
source?

sounds like bs to me
>>
>>39163286
Go into it with a positive attitude and take good care of yourself.
>>39163671
All of these can be true.
Before I go off about side effects, I want to make it clear that I'm currently finishing the "purging stage" which wasn't too bad. I'm clear except for some hyperpigmentation which is fading super fast and a couple whiteheads. I don't get aroused as much when I'm alone (still the same amount with an actual woman or a dirty text and E.D. isn't an issue I've encountered). I had a period where my scalp got really dry and I started to have severe dandruff and a little bit of hair loss but it only took me two days to start putting in a little bit of extra effort to not lose my hair and now I don't have a problem with that. I'm losing weight at 2lbs a week because I decided to diet a little bit and cut back down to 175 for boxing and jiu jitsu. I was emotionally unstable for a little bit, but only because I thought it wouldn't affect my emotions. It can, but once you realize that the accutane is why you're being such a dick to everyone, you'll pretty much get your shit in check. I have pretty dry lips that I can't seem to shake.
>>
File: accutane.png (30KB, 622x99px) Image search: [Google]
accutane.png
30KB, 622x99px
>>39164985
Your dermatologist should've told you and it says on the information packet that comes with it. I forever regret this because I took it as a freshman in high school and I'm permanently my freshman height now.
Pic related is easy answer you get when googling "accutane skeletal growth".
>>
>>39164970
>Don't take this if you're underage.
It's assumed that OP is an adult dealing with pretty bad acne. If you have moderate acne, and have tried many other solutions, then give accutane a chance. Especially, for men around 19-20 that haven't seen improvement on their acne.

Other thing to keep in mind is, that yeah, acne can leave eventually. My grandfather had moderate persistent acne well into his mid 20's and it didn't disappear until 27. He has some scarring now.

So it's either the side effects (that don't affect everyone) or the risk of getting worse scars, your choice OP. A lot of the anons that are against most likely only have mild acne, not moderate (borderline severe) acne, so they don't know how bad the struggle is.
>>
>>39165048
how tall aree you?
>>
im 18 years old 6 ft 1
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.