[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here go through a pseudo-intellectual phase as a teen?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2403.jpg (51KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2403.jpg
51KB, 800x492px
Anyone else here go through a pseudo-intellectual phase as a teen?
>>
File: 1638472639.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1638472639.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>39159610
It's not a phase anon it's just being a pretentious faggot
>>
File: 1502589368824.png (264KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1502589368824.png
264KB, 640x800px
>>39159610
I think every autist loner went through that phase to try to justify their shit social life and how they can't relate to normies. Heck most robots are in that phase right now. Just look at iq threads, everyone is somehow over 130.
>>
>>39159646
......originaIly ok
>>
Yup. I thought it was an existential crisis and claimed such. I had this complex that reality was like Plato's Cave Doctrine but on a quantum level, and believed in the whole "God is dead" thing on a literal level.
This also pushed me to pursue my interests in physics though, and has lead me to begin pursuing my career.
>>
Obviously, everyone who's somewhat intelligent (or believes themselves to be) does. I was an insufferable cunt as a teen.
>>
no

300 iq points means pseudo intelligence is an impossibility
>>
Not really. I've always been self aware that I'm dumb as shit.
>>
I went through that phase, but now I'm into the "can't stop thinking about killing" phase. Even still, I was normie enough to have a girlfriend, but she left last year when I became violent. Nearly bit a large chunk of flesh out of her arm when she accidentally hit me, and started choking her out.
>>
yes then I decided to take a Liberal Arts degree which only made it worse. half of me is a massive pseud half of me wants to kill myself out of shame
>>
>>39159610
nah mam, being a smarty is for banana bender nerds m8. just get yaself a knife
>>
Yes. My English essays were filled with so many big filler words I cringe just thinking about what I might have put my teachers through. I've yet to burn or throw any of them out though (they're stowed away in my closet) so I'm hoping the day I finally do decide to clear it out it'll turn out it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. The thing with me was, I did use quite a lot of pretentiously big words but I selected them from such a narrow vocabulary pool that at worst my teachers probably thought I liked the sound of my own voice and masturbating on the paper or some shit.
>>
>>39160362
English graduate here. What kind of words do you mean?
>>
File: Nzv3aAK.jpg (32KB, 728x410px)
Nzv3aAK.jpg
32KB, 728x410px
>>39159610
>"WEW"
>"SKRRT"
>"WEW"
>"YUH"
>>
>>39160421
Off the top of my head shit like "asynchronous" "magnanimous" "idiosyncratic"

Now that I think about it they aren't really notoriously "pretentious words" but it's not exactly the level of diction you'd expect from a highschool student, at least from my experience. I was in Honors and AP classes and I was probably the only kid who wrote like that. So this either speaks volumes about me or my classmates
>>
>>39160618
Only use big words if you naturally thought to use them, otherwise you sound extra retarded.
>>
>>39159610
when I was 19 I watched a bunch of penn and teller and then thought I knew everything when I went into my liberterian phase.
>>
File: elliotgalois.png (74KB, 277x358px)
elliotgalois.png
74KB, 277x358px
>>39159610
Yes
>used archaic vocabulary and big words in my tests and essays
>spoke to others using archaic vocabulary and big words no one understood
>was a fedora-tier atheist
>"I fucking love science!"
>thought I was a genius
My friends see me as an idiot most of the time
>>39160152
>This also pushed me to pursue my interests in physics though, and has lead me to begin pursuing my career.
Same. During that phase I decided that I wanted to become a physicist, but now I'm pursuing a degree in pure math. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for that stupid phase
>>
>>39160676
Do big words naturally come to anyone though?
>>
>>39160766
You're me except I'm a pathetic NEET with no aspirations
>>
>>39159610
No, not really. I am a complete fucking retard and I own up to it. I dont need excuses for my retardation, because I am comfortable in my own skin you beta cuck
>>
>>39159610
Glad I'm not aIone here
>>
>>39161936
>I am a complete fucking retard
>misconstrues OP post
Checks out
>>
>>39161936
but everyone here is implying they've owned up to it dipshit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.