[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Waifuism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: alpha.png (1MB, 787x929px) Image search: [Google]
alpha.png
1MB, 787x929px
What are your thoughts on the semantics, theological implications, and emergence of waifuism in modern times, and analogues to similar anomalies in past times, such as Nikola Tesla, who fell in love with a pigeon? l am sure there are other documented cases of this behavior, though with the omission of hip otaku lingo. If there's anyone who I think would give serious cogitation and elucidate their hypotheses at length, it'd be "Anonymous" on ROBOT9001. Why not? This could be the gateway to opening up a brand new field of study.
Continuing from last thread
>>39131669
>>
File: Yokohama_Kaidashi_Kikou_01.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yokohama_Kaidashi_Kikou_01.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
>>39158944

Too lazy to go through last thread. Haven't really thought much in depth about it. Pygmallion and Galathea sprung to mind, as well as the ballet about Coppelia.

I'm sure it's a convenient retreat and surrogate for many who are unable to deal with a real relationship for whatever reasons. Maybe also a sign of the times as we don't socialize as much face to face as we did back in the days before internet and all its social media, leading to weaker social skills and ability to communicate, which probably also ties in with the change in language.

Alpha a best
>>
Coping mechanism done by overly idealistic NEETs to satisfy the desire for female (or male) companionship they're afraid to say they desire.
>>
File: alpha shades.png (170KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
alpha shades.png
170KB, 335x335px
>>39159160
>Alpha a best
Ah, a man of taste
>>
an exercise in target marketing
>>
>>39159283
Coping mechanisms are ways to which external or internal stress is managed, adapted to or acted upon
If one has no interest or desire in love with a human female, by principle it would not be a coping mechanism, but a viable choice of one's own volition
>>
File: 1478579493309.jpg (298KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478579493309.jpg
298KB, 1280x1024px
waifuism is a necessary outlet for young men who have no chance in the ever-increasing hypergamous dating scene
>>
>>39158944
I think it's because of utterly paralyzing shame overtaking the male ego in conditions of overcrowding and extreme sexual competition.

The relationship to shame is most clear in Japan, where the hikikomori phenomenon is generally regarded as a desperate reaction to repeated social humiliation. But our own NEETs are catching up.

NEETs love waifus because the yandere tropes from anime make them imagine that if they just could meet a waifu, they'd have intimacy without judgment. And that's what people paralyzed by shame are hoping for the most.

It's a hopeless fantasy, of course. Judgment is omnipresent because it's part of consciousness. There's no way out of shame other than getting the fuck over it.
>>
File: 1496616215921.gif (124KB, 478x253px) Image search: [Google]
1496616215921.gif
124KB, 478x253px
>>39158944
in the recent past females of the west decided that the majority of men are shit, and the majority of men, having been spiritually weakened, agreed to this conclusion, thus setting the unfortunate stage for gyno-supremacy. fast forward into the present, the gynosupremacist has become synonymous with gender identity - consequentially this attitude sustains itself because the young and active will always contribute their energy. 1 they do not understand to what detriment, 2 it is an implicit position of power, and they do not know to what advantage they are in, 3 acting in their best interest reinforces the gynosupremacist culture because the culture itself is gynosupremacist. in entertainment, music, art, academia, we see this.

so then we've got the men of the society, whose masculinity has generally been reduced to *how well can you fulfill the standards of the female population.* men find their niche regardless, because men sustain the clockwork of the society - they are expected to work and have many different incentives to work (most of which are actually pleasurable lies) but when it comes time to actually find a mate, a smaller group than before is able to do so. this relatively smaller group gets smaller by the year as the wealth disparity rises between not only the rich and the poor, but between male and female.

>WAIFUISM

escapism is a big thing in our society, and when men who failed to meet the expectation of the society and/or fail to meet the expectation of the female hive mind (which, 1 - is often the same thing and 2 - becomes more and more homogeneous by the year) he can find an surrogate of the romance he so craves in the realms of imagination, simulation, and stimulation.
>>
>>39158944
>theological implications
wut

>>39160393
>if they just could meet a waifu, they'd have intimacy without judgment
Very true, the yandere especially is supposed to be hopelessly in love with you and only you, a level of intimacy the real world cannot provide.
Therefore the main selling point of waifus is the same as all anime and escapist media. It's "better" than the real thing even if it doesn't exist.
>>
File: waifu.png (92KB, 662x253px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
92KB, 662x253px
On a side note, tohno-chan has a board dedicated to waifus and waifu discussion.
>>
>>39160508
>Very true, the yandere especially is supposed to be hopelessly in love with you and only you, a level of intimacy the real world cannot provide.

Right, and the fairly typical story trope pairing of yandere girl / tsundere boy implies that you can inspire hopeless love even if you're a schizoid dickweed.

So you get love without judgment / love without effort / one-sided affection I can return with a thimble when I feel like it, which is like the autist NEET trifecta.
>>
I just wanna die lul
>>
I'm waiting for virtual reality, it's basically all I'm living for
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (5KB, 240x201px) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
5KB, 240x201px
STAY AWAY FROM WAIFUS. GET A GF WHILE YOU STILL CAN

>8 years ago
>be 18
>tfwnogf is hurting hard
>watching anime
>like a girl in the anime
>start obsessing over her
>draw pics of her every day
>talk on 4chan about her all day (yeh ive been here for over 8 years nigga)
>eventually get a daki
>2 years later I start getting tfwnogf again

Here I am. 8 years later. I still have the daki, and I hug it tightly every night wishing I had a gf. If I could go back in time, I would stay away from anime, and I would get myself a nice gf. But it's too late for me, now. The only comfort I get now is hugging the daki, wishing that it were a real girl.
>>
>>39160501

>theological implications

I am reminded of the gnostic religion, in which the purest emanation of the unnameable and absolute God is a female aion by the name of Sophia. Her name means wisdom in greek, and she is the ultimate expression of femininity in all of its aspects.

Men with waifus seek a sort of refuge in their imaginary counterpart. They sometimes act in ways, change themselves, or achieve things specifically to appease their waifus and/or draw closer to them by closing the perceived distance that separates them. the similarities end there, as men also find sexual release in waifus.

any observer of esotericism has already come across the idea of thought forms...in all manifestations. as well as the creative potential of a man's sexual energy. thought forms sustained by sex energy. the implications are many. and i don't really feel like writing any more
>>
>>39160716
but I can't get a gf, that's the thing
>>
>>39159907
A character cannot intrinsically be a waifu. That's not what waifu means. Marketing in the anime industry also doesn't work the way you think it does.
>>
File: 1491274204066.jpg (297KB, 1000x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1491274204066.jpg
297KB, 1000x1202px
>>39160501
>>39160779

>Closing thoughts.

The whole point of everything going to shit, of men losing their masculinity to frivolous, pointless pastimes and attitudes is to remind men that their ultimate goal is not to please women, nor even to gratify their own carnal desires, nor to even find a surrogate mommy figure to jerk them off while being pet on the cheek, but to gather power by OVERCOMING THEMSELVES. Most men have forgotten that masculinity in all ancient times resulted from CONTROL; MASTERY of their minds, emotions and bodies. POWER is gathered in this fashion, and the most POWERFUL individuals were the ones who were most enlightened. The philosophers, inventors, etc. were all men, who were doubtless very masculine men in their ways of being.

>"In every corner of the world and in every epoch of history, the men and women of every culture deserve each other." - Oswald Spengler

I don't think anyone will bother to even read what I wrote. Maybe I was hopeful.
>>
File: 1491019989476.png (225KB, 478x556px) Image search: [Google]
1491019989476.png
225KB, 478x556px
I can't suspend my disbelief enough to imagine that an anime girl would actually enjoy my company or spending time with me

if they were real they would ignore me like normal people
>>
File: Untitled.png (548KB, 484x622px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
548KB, 484x622px
>>39160779

>Sophia, she

Thanks for reminding me.

C L A I M E D.

Until one of worth comes along to give her all I cannot.
>>
>>39161161
What makes you think you are worth anything? The very fact that you resort to escapism is an admittance to your own self that you cannot attract, let alone keep a companion of your own kind. When guys like you talk about "worth," I get irate. You don't know the meaning of the term. You don't even know the worth of your free time.
>>
>>39161095
I largely agree with all you have stated that is based in objective truth and not steeped in projected narcissism -though cautiously veiled, to no avail, it seeps through.

My only addition to your points would be to remember that the masculine and feminine within us all must be balanced. You may have been given a male form because your masculine energy is already strong, or you may have been given a male form to direct your attention to something residing in yourself which needs the most care and development. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Those men of old are dead and gone, and do you know what remains? Their love. Not their power, not their control. Love, in its many forms which may resemble things mentioned previously. Love.
>>
>>39161230
The fact that beyond this reply I so graciously bless you with, I need not prove my worth to others.

im a gril btw :3 teehee uguu take another look at YOU
>>
>>39161095
Yes and no anon the only problem I have with your statement is that women are worse then men on the base line they are an inferior creature doesn't mean you have to hate them just means that you have to control them like men did through almost all of human history they are not only physical and mentally weaker but also as human beings they are worse as they have as they are more self centered and emotional so women being fair or kind is really just a meme unless it benefits them
>>
>>39161315
Stop being a fag plsss
>>
>>39160779
I think the comparison to religion is very important. The savior in a religion is, by all means, the 'waifu' of that religion.

Think about the way Christians think of Jesus. How they idolize Him, how they are taught to love Him, and believe that He loves them back. That you should seek to emulate Him in all ways, and if you open your heart to Him, He will watch over and protect you.

Does this not sound like a waifu to you? I think they are very similar concepts.
>>
>>39161095
I think your viewpoint is a little too inward focused. Yes, you should seek to create your ideal self, but the entire reason people create waifus is because they have a desire to expand beyond themselves. To give themselves to another, and trust themselves to another. When there is no one with which for them to do that, a waifu is created as a means for them to have this connection with "another," even if that 'other' is truly just a part of themselves.
>>
File: 00111what.png (377KB, 598x916px) Image search: [Google]
00111what.png
377KB, 598x916px
A "waifu" used to be a joke. People on 4chan would pretend they were married to anime characters and pillows to mock the people who wanted to move to Japan and "become Japanese".

At some point people took it seriously (kind of like with the "We are Legion" joke) and now if you don't have a waifu you're considered a newfag.
>>
>>39161846
The concept is much older than when it was an /a/ joke. It is just that the word 'waifu' now refers to that concept, rather than the /a/ joke.
>>
>>39161846
but that's wrong you mongoloid
>>
>>39161486
Men have a justice based morality and women a care based one which means men will always be better ethically and narrcwomen are just selfish and narcissistic.
>>
>>39161877
No, it's right. Do you also think Ken-sama was actually the guy in the photo too?
>>
>>39161875
The concept of loving things that aren't human or living is old, but a term that is specific to love for anime/manga characters is recent.
>>
>>39161846
>A "waifu" used to be a joke
This is correct, as should be obvious from the word itself
Extra points for posting Megumin
>>
>>39161095
>JUST B URSELF
Fuck off
>>
>>39161948
>extra points for posting seasonal normalfag garbage comedy
>>
all these Alpha pics tho
>>
>>39161968
That isn't what he's saying at all, though. He's in fact saying that you should become much more than yourself. You should seek to surpass yourself.
>>
yea and you can't do JACK shit if the self you are seeking to surpass has been thrust upon you by others ideas, right or wrong

know your true self, soul mind and body
>>
I wish I experienced waifuism. I've tried. I just don't feel the infatuation, or the limerence. I just do not love.

I haven't had such feelings for a real person since I was a kid, either.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.