[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you ever suffered from sleep paralysis? What was it like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: alp.jpg (91KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
alp.jpg
91KB, 500x412px
have you ever suffered from sleep paralysis? What was it like? Morbid curiosity makes me want to experience sleep paralysis but the reasonable side of me knows that would be a fucking stupid idea.
>>
>>39153236
It's extremely terrifying and it feels like it lasts a lifetime.

I have the intruder type, so there is a presence that feels hostile and like it wants to harm me, it appears as like a twisted face that snakes around the room like a shadow.

I can feel it breath on my neck when it comes close enough.
>>
>>39153236
>>39153283
they're just illusions your mind has made up.
>>
>>39153295
I know that but it feels extremely real
>>
>>39153236
I self induced it, once.

Since I was studying about lucid dreaming, I knew what it was when it happened, but it was still kind of frightening.

It felt my chest caved into itself. My breathing was done automatically, and my whole body felt numb. There was also a loud noise in my ear. Of course, I couldn't do anything about it, had to will power myself out of it.
>>
>>39153236

In a word... distressing.
>>
imagine not single one of your muscle can move

can't speak

and you don't see something you usually saw.
>>
File: 1502999242423.jpg (34KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502999242423.jpg
34KB, 250x250px
Ive had sleep paralysis nearing almost 1000 occurrence. You guys don't know true pain.
>>
>>39153236
Yes, quite often actually. The first time was probably three years ago, I lost count how many times I have had that experience, but ot has stopped since three or four months ago, but my experience.

I never feel terrified. I don't think I ever saw a creature or something during sleep paralysis - except possibly the very first time. I'd say experiences of this kind are rare, except for people with mystical beliefs.

I got used to it after the first few times. It feels awkward, but it is far from being scary. I have come up with some ways to break it, but it doesn't always work.
>>
>>39153332
I've had about 100+
Somewere great and I've managed to lucid dream from them
>>
Its only happened to me once but its pretty terrifying.
>Woke up to what felt like someone was laying on me
>Figure of a person almost like a white silhouette pushing me
>Entire body, not just the top, felt like it was being crushed
>Room was bright as day
>Couldn't move a muscle, scream or even breath, felt like suffocation
>Wake up again but it felt so fucking real.
No one's ever pushed me down like that before so its really strange how my mind could recreate a situation like that.
>>
>>39153236
It's a placebo effect and doesn't actually exist. Most people who "experience" it are just looking for attention
>>
Yes. It used to scare me to the point where I was afraid to go to sleep.

It felt like having locked-in syndrome, like in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. I could move my eyes, but that was it.

Now I'm less afraid of it, though, and find that I can go back to sleep when I find myself paralyzed.

That might all change with my next attack, though.
>>
>>39153405
Attention? How does having sleep paralysis even come up in a conversation? Rarely do I even talk about the subject with anyone.
Dumbfuckbait/10 made me reply.
>>
i get it a lot, every night of last month i must have got it, when im falling asleep and waking up. I know how to get out of it seconds now, its been a few years.

Getting it when trying to fall to sleep is the worst. waking up with sleep paralysis is easy mode
>>
>>39153309
This is what I was curious about, knowing what it was while it was happening. I would have thought if you knew what was happening it wouldn't be particularly scary, but I was wrong.
>>
>>39153236
it differs to person to person
in my case
>never open my eyes because 1. too tired, 2. know about the hallucinations
>intense illusory pain in neck, tinnitus is gradually intensifying to the point where i hear and feel crackling inside my head
>not terrified but extremely angry and my first through is "just let me loose and i'll break your fucking neck" when i start experiencing it
>start focusing on "unshackling" myself
>succeed after about 3-5 seconds
>fully awake now, can move
>go back to sleep
>>
Does anyone else get the feeling like their soul is being sucked out of their body during SP? I know people usually feel heavy, hallucinate about shadow people or hear someone breathing in their ear and I can deal with those but the only one that ever effects me now is when my "sleep demon" seems to siphon the life energy out of me
>>
>>39153236
I had it constantly and chronically due to family stress and a terrible wagey job I had when younger. I've always had considerable sleep issues, but at the time I was suffering from sleep para maybe 3 nights minimum every week for a few years. I suffered from Hag Phenomena, as pictured in OP as well.

>In my case the Hag Phenomena didn't manifest often as a creature on my chest, but a cat I owned that was not really there. In other cases the cat was truly on my chest and probably helped cause the fucking sleep para
>Rather than a sense of imminent danger I usually had a sense of urgency. I imagine people banging on the door/rattling the knob and demanding my attention or cursing me for being asleep. I imagine the phone ringing and even people yelling from it where it was to get up or that they'll kick my ass if I don't move
>Became incredible good at waking self up via the "kill bill" toe wiggle method
>Usually managing to force 1 leg off the edge of the bed and causing it to suddenly dangle would wake up my body aand I could move
>Everything you experience seems real and feels real, rather than a dream
>Almost exactly like lucid dreaming

What I'll not for you is that while it was like lucid dreams or true hallucination, a short review of memory after it usually led you me remembering that things "looked like a dream" IE: colors were wrong. Despite that, when I saw the room it was definitely REAL. For example if anyone had moved stuff in my sleep, that stuff was moved even as I saw the room in dreamlike coloration. I was definitely seeing the real room I was in each and every time I had sleep para, but that room was through the "filter" of dreaming. This is how hallucinations, especially the sounds of some urgency, managed to take place. I couldn't normally hallucinate a whole person, maybe a cat. I could hallucinate small objects like the door knob rattling, a window shaking, or the phone vibrating and sliding about.
>>
>>39153236

felt like someone was standing on my neck pushing me head onto the pillow, i snapped out of like kill bill movie, moved my big toe then entire foot then eventually my body..it was scary as fuck felt like i was suffocating
>>
File: IMG_0832.jpg (29KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0832.jpg
29KB, 259x194px
It felt like I was being transferred to anothe universe. When I got control of my body and mind and walked out of the room, i half expected my parents to be freaky aliens
>>
feels weird, your brain thinks of some sort of situation and you believe you're in it.

thought i was being sucked into another dimension because i watched Event Horizon a night or two before i got it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.