[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think Oblivion was the best Elder Scrolls game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: oblivion_goty_pc_cover.jpg (296KB, 650x918px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion_goty_pc_cover.jpg
296KB, 650x918px
It has the best

>quests
>pacing
>music
>map
>reputation system
>>
>>39142952
terrible levelling system too, but i suppose that's easily fixed with mods

it's still my personal favourite TES game, not that i've played the first two though
>>
File: Girls.png (388KB, 445x399px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
388KB, 445x399px
>he prefers Plebivion instead of Morrowind
>>
File: comfywithin.jpg (123KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
comfywithin.jpg
123KB, 1440x900px
>>39142952
It's a comfy game but so flawed. The levelling was terrible, the procedurally generated areas were a mistake and the enemies levelling up with you made levelling totally pointless.
>>
>>39142952
Sorry but Elder Scrolls 3 will always be the best due to questlines/storylines/music/weapon types.
>>
>>39143042
Morrowind is a good game, but its world is too static, the combat is boring, and the quests lack focus.

And the NPCS are literal wiki's
>>
>>39143042
morrowind's a good game, but it's worse in most ways than oblivion
>>
>>39142952
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind is the best:

>No level scaling shit so the world doesn't revolve around you and everyone doesn't magically become stronger just because you did,
>It has the last living dwarf.
>Spears
>Throwing weapons
>Belts
>Unarmed skill
>Unarmored skill
>Medium armor skill
>Forces multiple playthroughs to play all the factions because their storylines all intertwine.
>Best main storyline by far nothing else comes close.
>Lore is deeper than any other game.
>Memorable characters like the hermaphrodite god Vivec who fought Molag Bal with his penis.
>A hlaalu councillor who literally molests you in order for you to advance in the faction. He also wrote a book called the lusty argonian maid.
>A drug addicted old man who only wears pants is secretly a spy for the empire and your boss.
>A 4000 year old wizard who makes female clones of himself and marries them calling them his daughters. While also bragging about having orgies with them. His basement contains the last living dwarf and a shit load of daedric artifacts guarded by diseased freaks.
>People flip the fuck out off if you are vampire and won't have anything to do with you. Rather than no reaction like later games.
>The npcs are actually racist and will refuse to do anything with you depending on your race.
>>
>>39142952
Oblivion was the weird middle child that got the flawed genes and has to take adderall for ADHD. Not a bad kid... just overlooked by the far superior older child and the cringy let fun to hang out with younger child that has a shit ton of friends
>>
File: 1434691959037.jpg (27KB, 523x528px) Image search: [Google]
1434691959037.jpg
27KB, 523x528px
>I like Skyrim the most
>personally ashamed for liking the most pleb-tier game in the series
I swear I usually have good game taste guys
>>
>>39143180
And you forgot best soundtrack ever desu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJD-Ufi1jGk
>>
>>39143180
You forgot you slay gods in Elder Scrolls 3 and have a ring that only you can wear. If someone else attempts to wear it will literally destroy their soul. If a guard catches you with illegal drugs you are fucked. You can buy slaves. Have a crazy ex wife from last life that is trying to kill you.
>>
File: 1493246292099.png (377KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
1493246292099.png
377KB, 600x635px
>>39143180
>No level scaling shit so the world doesn't revolve around you and everyone doesn't magically become stronger just because you did

True, I'll give you this

>It has the last living dwarf.
>Spears
>Throwing weapons
>Belts
>Unarmed skill
>Unarmored skill
>Medium armor skill

Literally none of these make the game any better.

>Forces multiple playthroughs to play all the factions because their storylines all intertwine.

Factions intertwining was cool, but Oblivion had better faction quests in general

>Best main storyline by far nothing else comes close.

Opinion. I thought Oblivion's main story plus SI was more interesting lore wise. Nirn being Lorkhans realm of Oblivion + mantling Sheogorath

>Lore is deeper than any other game.
Most the lore was already there. Morrowind only expanded lore relating to Morrowind

>Memorable characters like the hermaphrodite god Vivec who fought Molag Bal with his penis.
>A hlaalu councillor who literally molests you in order for you to advance in the faction. He also wrote a book called the lusty argonian maid.
>A drug addicted old man who only wears pants is secretly a spy for the empire and your boss.
>A 4000 year old wizard who makes female clones of himself and marries them calling them his daughters. While also bragging about having orgies with them. His basement contains the last living dwarf and a shit load of daedric artifacts guarded by diseased freaks.

Only a handfull of interesting NPCS in a world full of walking wikis

>People flip the fuck out off if you are vampire and won't have anything to do with you. Rather than no reaction like later games.

Same thing happens in Oblivion depending on your vampire stage

>The npcs are actually racist and will refuse to do anything with you depending on your race.

Giving them 100gp solves this problem
>>
File: 1502319653597.gif (510KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502319653597.gif
510KB, 400x400px
>tfw too stupid to play morrowind
I've only ever played Oblivion and Skyrim and Oblivion was really pushing my limits.
>>
>>39143180
I really want to play Morrowind but fuck, I can't get over how bad the combat system is. I know it's not THAT important but sometimes I just want to chill and kill stuff. Not that the other TES games are much better in that regard, though. At least Skyrim sucks unless you are either a wizard or just headshot everyone with a bow, and even then it's not that good either.
>>
A racist dunmer guard will never come up to you and say this again.....why even live?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Higghuw_I
>>
>>39143180
>>Lore is deeper than any other game.

my favorite thing was just to sit and read some of the books you would pick up while listening to the awesome music. it feels like you're actually peaking into another world or something
>>
>>39143348
All you need is agility. Playing a claymore badass is really fun in morrowind if you know how to play.
>>
Daggerfall is the secondbest TES game, it's only problem is random generation on dungeons.
Morrowind is still the ideal Elder Scrolls experience and anyone who doesn't think so is a retarded N'wah.
>>
>>39142952
No man, morriwind is best. Can't say whether oblivion or skyrim takes 2nd place. Oblivion had cooler quests and story, but the scenery was repetitive looking back. Skyrim has the best combat/graphics, and the map is pretty cool, but it also was the most shallow of them all. Also skyrim magic system was trash, and I the perks were a step down, and dragons were underwhelming. Nothing will ever top the pure feeling of mystery and discovery morriwind had. Traveling that map felt like a real journey. Also monster scaling is gay.
>>
>>39142952
Lmao, do you even know what actually makes an Elder Scrolls game good?
Fucking Casu-El.
>>
>>39143324
>Only a handfull of interesting NPCS in a world full of walking wikis
What. Morrowind has by far the most interesting npcs.

>King Helseth
>Barenziah
>Gaenor
>Fargoth
>Vivec
>Almalexia
>Dagoth Ur
>M'aqi the Liar
>Caius Cosades
>Crassius Curio(Author of everyone's favorite book.)
>Mudcrab merchant
>Eno Hlaalu
>Duke Vedam Dren
>The Creeper
>Ahnassi
>Mistress Therana
>Divath Fyr and his "daughters"
>Yagrum Bargarn

That is just the people I remember barely off the top of my head and I haven't played it for seven years. Most of the npcs are deeper than even the deepest npc in Skyrim or Oblivion.
>>
Morrowind is my favourite play that shit with Morrowind Graphics overhaul it looks fucking fantastic
>>
>>39143645
>Not mentioning Anhaedra
Here is his dialogue

Greeting:

"I am Anhaedra. If you are a pilgrim, read the inscription on the stupid rock.
"You again? Didn't you learn your lesson the first time?"

taunt the Daedra:

"Your threats are weak like your flesh, mortal."
"Continue with your insults, mortal. I long to feast on your marrow."
"Ha! Fine words from one born from the wrong end of a guar."
"After I kill you, I will rape your corpse. Don't worry. I'll be gentle."
>>
Oblivion is actually one of my favorite games of all time. I just like it better than Skyrim, I really don't know why.
Never played Morrowind though and that's something I should really change.
>>
>>39144715
Nigga play that with Morrowind Graphical overhaul makes it easier to get into if graphics are an issue and fixes alot of issues and bugs
>>
>>39144799
My brother plays a lot of Morrowind so I'll probably just borrow it from him.
He says all the NPCs are dicks though.
>>
>>39144824
Yup Wait til they know who are they are much nicer than
>>
>>39143375
still not over how they didnt make all the dunmer on solstheim speak with the morrowind style VA. it'd make sense, since they all are from morrowind in some capacity, ESPECIALLY since it's redoran guards there.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.