[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US politics are starting to get to me >Charlottesville filled

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

File: AuupAvb.jpg (109KB, 600x775px) Image search: [Google]
AuupAvb.jpg
109KB, 600x775px
US politics are starting to get to me

>Charlottesville filled with literal Nazis
>Terrorist attack
>Barcelona terrorist attack
>North Korean nukes
>Trying to ban Muslims from becoming refugees in US
>Trying to take away healthcare
>Tremendous wealth inequality

Fuck dude. It's fucked.
>>
become a sadist, like everyone else
>>
>>39142844
I literally like my hobbies more than sadism,
>>
>>39142745

Unless you want to be active in politics, OP, I'd advise paying less attention to it.

News, being an industry, pushes whatever gets clicks - and negative, drastic news gets more clicks and more ad revenue than uplifting or even normal stories. Imagine how much shit has gone around you - loads, sure, but how much on Barcelona levels? How much on Charlottesville levels?

The world can be cruel and bleak. Little moments in it, the kind that aren't represented in the media, can be kind and rewarding. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, and sometimes ignorance isn't even all that ignorant. North Korea's nuclear weapons program is a sword hanging over our heads that's unlikely, very unlikely, to ever fall. There are so many things around you, little things, little rewards and anxieties and existences that happen and nebulize all the time.
>>
>>39142895
This.

If only /pol/ understood this.
>>
>>39142905
This guy gets it, dammit. Just ignore the news, and I guarantee nothing substantial will change.
>>
>>39142745
>>Charlottesville filled with literal Nazis
Not all people who want to preserve Western culture are Nazis
>>Terrorist attack
1% of the population will always be crazy, that's just nature
>>Barcelona terrorist attack
Nothing new
>>North Korean nukes
Posturing to ensure better trade deals. Mutually assured destruction means no one will actually use the nukes
>>Trying to ban Muslims from becoming refugees in US
>>Trying to take away healthcare
Actually trying to make healthcare a self-supporting system so that it doesn't become a drain on the nation's resources
>>Tremendous wealth inequality
Middle class is the biggest it's ever been. And even lower classes enjoy luxuries that people would have killed for 100 years ago. Welfare exists.

Methinks you are a depressed person trying to rationalize his depression, anon.
>>
File: 1465456443882.jpg (41KB, 436x414px) Image search: [Google]
1465456443882.jpg
41KB, 436x414px
>>39143121
>"you must be mentally ill to disagree with my /pol/ alternative facts"
>>
>>39143121
>1% of the population will always be crazy, that's just nature

And we can see a large segment of them every day on /pol/
>>
>>39142745
found the dirty commie.
>>
File: IMG_3514.jpg (221KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3514.jpg
221KB, 866x1300px
Oh shut up you planned all of it.

Reap the seeds of tragedy. That is your god, you mad fuck.
>>
>>39142745
>>Trying to take away healthcare

You are unbelievably retarded, jesus christ. This is what we're up against folks.
>>
I feel like political belief is pretty much set early in life based on my interactions with people.

not me though I went from liberal to conservative
>>
Don't bother. You'll change nothing.
>>
>>39142745
Considering Muslims are much better terrorists than any white nationalist, count your lucky stars that they're getting banned, we don't need them.
>>
>>39143121
Oh missed one
>>>Trying to ban Muslims from becoming refugees in US
Trying to prevent potential terrorists from gaining citizenship is a legitimate worry. If someone is a legitimate wartime refugee, they should have no problem settling in the other 200+ countries that will take them (including countries that are closer to their values and culture). Taking in too many immigrants at once, especially with no documentation or filters, can have a seriously destabilizing effect. Just look at the unintentional segregation of French and Swedish towns. Well intentioned, but not smart.
>>
>>39142844
You mean a masochist
Start learning to enjoy the suffering as we hurl through space on this meaningless rock, OP~
>>
lol, I still don't care.
>>
>>39142745
>Barcelona terrorist attack
almonds have been activated.
>>
>>39143181
Huh? I was referring to terrorists like the Charlottesville driver or ISIS suicide bombers. It is dishonest to paint them as representative of millions of people. They are a glitch in the system, not the system itself.

>>39143195
Yes /pol/ certainly does foster those kind of people, sure. Still not fair to label anyone anti-liberal (i.e. 60% of the country) as crazy or nazi, though.
>>
>>39143336
It's not about whether or not I'm right or wrong in my political stance, I'm sad about it. It's fucking depressing to hear about all this shit that's happening in the world.
>>
The worst part is in 2018 whites will be a minority under age 18. I just have to unplug from this shit sometimes or I'll fall into despair.
>>
>>39143264

I think this is a problem of regulation, not immigration.

Sure, you can say "Very few/no refugees from Muslim-dominant states!" You can, however, boost your international PR profile by accepting them and ensuring that they are sent to locales within your nation with very stringent regulation - ie, they don't actually become a full part of your society, but they are accepted. In the US, at least, children tend to become "Americanized", whereas first-gen immigrants hang on to native cultures. The easy answer, thus, is to ensure that immigrant children are fully put through an Americanization program that makes them loyal to the nation, not their mother countries. Add on top of that domestic travel restrictions and monitoring and you can control refugees and limit negative outcomes while also appearing "welcoming". It's just playing the international politics game.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>>39142745
>tfw trying to avoid politics, but it's all your autist friend posts in the Discord
Stop it you fucking nigger
>>
File: IMG_3519.jpg (96KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3519.jpg
96KB, 800x660px
You kill your own heart. Mad fucks.
>>
some cuck from pol coming here to cry about murricka?
>>
>>39143393
Why take them in the first place? It's not like we need muslims for anything.
>>
>>39143387
Man, you can't let things out of your control make you depressed.

Things have always been this bad. If you were born 30 years ago, you'd be depressed about the Cold War Russians nuking us all.
If you had been born 100 uears ago, you would be depressed about the refugees from the SPanish civil war.
If you had been born 1000 years ago, you'd be depressed about your third baby dying from a viral infection.

Humanity has always been ugly. Nature has always been ugly.
But humanity has always been beautiful too. Nature has always been beautiful.

You're looking for reasons to be depressed because you are depresseed, not the other way around. It's not a matter of the world being wrong, it's a matter of your view being wrong.

Choose what you value most in life, an d make those count. For me it is simply the happiness of the people around me. That's something that you can have an incredible effect on, and something you can work towards every day. You can literally change people's lives.
>>
>>39143401
iktf except it's not one friend but literally everyone I'm surrounded by these days. I swear, the main reason why I'd like to become a hermit NEET would be to avoid politics forever. It's the only thing people talk about these days. Their entire lives seem to revolve around that. I'm bored of the same arguments over and over again. Not only that, but it's everywhere else. Films, shows, videogames. Even fucking 4chan of all places became the epicenter of at least half of it. There are fewer and fewer places to go to for escapism and I hate it.

I just want to completely opt out of society at this point. It's getting overwhelming.
>>
File: IMG_3508.jpg (11KB, 170x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3508.jpg
11KB, 170x207px
Can't opt out.

The retards set to destroy themselves.

They think they're bad asses and only seek the high of getting away with it.

And they chew through the roots and tree will rot
>>
File: 1486304185914.png (47KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1486304185914.png
47KB, 853x543px
>Hurr durr, AmeriKKKa is full of LITERAL Nazis!!! FCKH8!!!
>But we'll love and invite the most illiberal group of humans on the planet

Why are liberals like this...?
>>
File: 1476464732278.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1476464732278.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>39142745
>>Trying to ban Muslims from becoming refugees in US

O-oh no.
>>
>>39143393
I partially agree. Immigration in controlled amounts can work; it's what America was founded on. The problem comes with open borders policies, where millions rush in and go for the country that gives the biggest benefits. Then you end up with self-contained communities that don't want to interact with the rest of the country, that don't share it's same values (such as freedom of religion and speech and sexuality). That creates conflict.

PR shouldn't be the chief motivation behind immigration. It's certainly not for the migrants. The truth is, when "refugees" come halfway across the world, and pass through dozens of countries that would take them, they are not really refugees anymore. They are going to the country with the biggest welfare payout. And that is a luxury. And we should not be sacrificing the stability of our own country just so these dishonest refugees (not all of them, just the ones that chase the money) can have bigger payouts.

This is where political correctness has gone too far, and why there is such a backlash right now. Ironically, the far left is creating far right "nazis" by encouraging this. And then they get more emboldened to stand by that worldview, and the cycle continues. If only people could keep their feelings out of it.
>>
>>39143674
Sounds like a safe thing to do
>>
File: 170px-LeonardGSiffleet.jpg (9KB, 170x251px) Image search: [Google]
170px-LeonardGSiffleet.jpg
9KB, 170x251px
Honestly, things could be way worse, we have Doritos and mountain dew. You know who doesn't have Doritos and Mountain Dew...
>>
>>39143720

I hear you, and you're right. The country that looks naively outwards and takes whatever comes its way with no regard to internal stability is staring at a very short lifespan.

Immigrants, however, do present the other side of the coin beyond just keeping the rest of international politics in good standing: They're consumers. By restricting immigrants for set periods of time (to ensure security and stability) while also making them appear to be welcomed and free and Americanized (or insert country here-ized), a nation can win off the back of a greater consumption base while also monitoring and regulating new arrivals who come via non-standard legal immigrant pathways. It requires a middle-tier status between "visitor" and "citizen" - a sort of "citizen-in-waiting" standard that ensures that basic liberties are met while also restricting possible pathways to domestic instability, all the while benefiting the economic engine.
>>
File: wat gaga says goes.gif (2MB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
wat gaga says goes.gif
2MB, 500x292px
>>39143666
Hey, Gaga earned that praise. She is fierce.
>>
It's your fault.

What were you thinking?

Like children you set matches to the trees
>>
>>39143804
>By restricting immigrants for set periods of time
Which is what Trump was trying to do, and he was demonized for it.
It's almost like any call for regulation will be met by cries of "Nazi!" and "Fascist" and "Bigot!" and "White supremacist!" from the progressive left. And any sign of leeway will be met by cries from the right extremists.
Then there are the politicians, who end up trying to cater to everyone, and satisfy no one.

Definitely, capitalism is the other big motivation of open immigration besides PR. But what do those matter if we lose our culture and way of life? Western values of freedom and basic human rights are the very reason we seek to take refugees in. I know it's incredibly taboo to say these days, and even you might hate me for it, but preservation of culture is extremely important. If I had to choose between the two extremes, I would have to choose the nationalist ideal for identity rather than the breakdown of our society and the reason refugees come here on the first place.

The fact that we only have extremes to choose from is disheartening, though. A failure of the system, or of it's people?
>>
>>39142745
Daily reminder that ANTIFA are tools of the bourgeois to divide and conquer the working class. The alt-right exists because it's in reaction to the proletariat being attacked by its self-proclaimed champions.
>>
You can choose your story, anon
>>
Maybe it was so in another galaxy far far away .

Can we bring back the dead
>>
We cannot. We await our turn to sleep forever
>>
File: 220px-Skylab-73-HC-440HR[1].jpg (10KB, 220x323px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Skylab-73-HC-440HR[1].jpg
10KB, 220x323px
>>39144133

A failure of people, I'd say.

You're on to something when you say culture is worth defending. In Europe, it's an ode to history, to remembrance: France, Sweden, Italy, legendary cultures worth celebrating reduced to footnotes by now bland mish-mashes of new and semi-new. France was the birthplace of European social transformation; now, it's segregated cities and no-go zones. That's sad. It's nothing but sad what's happened to a great culture.

But in America (as a Burgerlander, being local), I don't think either group gets it. It's not nativism, as the Charlottesville lot would say. The US isn't based on nativism, or skin/creed/etc. It also isn't throw-open-the-gates, as the extreme lefitsts would say.

Imo, nothing embodies what this country, this culture, is like the Apollo Program. America is a place of exploration, of innovation, of uniting creed and skin and belief behind higher ideals, higher visions. That both extremes today would reduce us to battle over such inanities is the real tragedy. We've forgotten what lies under what made us successful. The US is a bastion of pioneerism, of courage before the unknown. Today we clutch the safety of that which we think we know, fighting others to the death because they don't hold true to the same ideal. whether that's nativists like the Charlottesville guard or refugees who cling to their regressive means (and their defenders). There is worth in remembering what really made a people optimists, believers, and what has been lost.

Kinda went on a tangent there, but the gist is that the refugee problem is symptomatic of a greater loss in modern culture. It's a loss of belief in who we are.
>>
File: scheer.png (937KB, 1584x344px) Image search: [Google]
scheer.png
937KB, 1584x344px
>>39142745
Canada's pretty bad too
>leader of opposition is half jewish
>his campaign manager had ties to a far right media outlet, and apparently worked in the same office as them but claims he never actually had anything to do with their articles/video production because it had nothing to do with his job
>leader of opposition had done interviews with them often because they're this country's only right wing media outlet
>all of the sudden they release a video calling him a traitor
>he says he won't do any interviews with them anymore
>read comments under cbc articles about this
>everyone's calling the leader of opposition a nazi and calling a center right party "alt right"
makes me sad inside that politics over here is just looking at america and saying "yeah well trump's right wing so all right wing = nazi!"
>>
>>39142745

But this is a good thing? You can't complain about Barcelona and then get angry when people want to ban muslims.
>>
>>39142745
>implying this same shit doesn't happen every year
>>
>>39144539
Hey, it's nice to run into some positive rationality once in a while.

Cheers, mate.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.