[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To be alone or nah.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 2017-06-28-22-17-12-.jpg (5KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28-22-17-12-.jpg
5KB, 206x245px
So guys. I'm a 22 y/o KV and I've ran into what I guess I can only call enlightenment.
Over the past few months I have started to realize how much freedom I have while being single. Everyone I know is tied down by their significant other and they cannot act on there own. Such things like spontaneity become difficult when you're in a relationship if the partner isn't willing to agree to the activity.
I feel bad for them, honestly. It feels like they just exist for one another and stop self progressing. Ive noticed that while I am alone I focus on myself and achieve/do things that make me happy but while I'm with someone, i begin to stagnate. It's evident in most of the relationships I witness as well. Its like they dont crave to be better anymore because they have the acceptance of another person. It also keeps me from getting hurt cause I'm a little bitch with a glass heart. Is it a good call to remain like this robots?
>>
Also, what is your experience with self inflicted loneliness and why if able.
>>
File: 1ybfn46a.jpg (9KB, 240x214px) Image search: [Google]
1ybfn46a.jpg
9KB, 240x214px
i didnt read what you said but i like your picture. it really turns on the nuts have one of mine friend
>>
>>39140919
Yeah I got there about three years ago
>>
>>39141057
Lol thanks i guess. Good day to you as well
>>
>>39140919
ok great you have more time to jerk off into your cumsock and play video games
>>
>>39141082
Thanks. How'd you come about that thought process?
>>
>>39140919
Yes. Love is like veganism.
>>
>>39141113
Well, I don't Jack off and i rarely ever play video games but I get your point nonetheless.
>>
>>39141121
Share how you got this conclusion if able please. Genuinely interested
>>
Bumperino for interest
Orininaly
>>
File: shaq90s.jpg (254KB, 620x416px) Image search: [Google]
shaq90s.jpg
254KB, 620x416px
I am too emotionally broken to type out a thought-out response, but I did consider it. While I was doing so, I found this picture of Shaq that I liked. Ultimately, I decided not to give this any serious thought, but I wanted you to have this picture of Shaq.

Hope you are well!
>>
>>39141165
They get angry if you're not part of their club. They preach all day even though it actually pushes people away from their cause because they want to feel superior to others.
>>
>>39141438
Oh well I appreciate the thought. Take care!
>>39141446
Yeah it's almost like they want you to be stuck in their predicament. I honestly think a few of them are jealous of me in that sense (unless they are the perfect couple that does everything together)
>>
Much bump. Need a few more perspectives
>>
File: johnny.jpg (58KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
johnny.jpg
58KB, 640x360px
>>39141937
Fulfilment is a result of balance. Balanced diet, physical balance, work-life balance, and balance between security and freedom. Too much of one or the other and anything, a state, a human psyche, will crumble. Balance allows you to be adaptable and always find your feet, whereas subscribing to an absolute makes you the tree that breaks in the wind, not bends.

Everyone needs acceptance. A relationship is just one of the ways people get it. As long as you are aware of your own needs along the spectrum of security and freedom, you can structure your life to meet them and find fulfilment.

I am currently in a relationship but I act on my own. She simply chooses to share my life because she gets greater fulfilment from doing so than detriment, and greater fulfilment from doing so than if she were alone. I feel the same way so for now our paths can continue down the same axis.
>>
I think I feel some sort of feeling like boredom that I have nothing warm and soft to fuck or sleep with at night. I sometimes wish I could share things I like with a cute girl.

However those feels, truly, are like a small gray cloud in an otherwise beautiful sky. I find fulfillment, purpose, and worth in other pursuits that I have chosen for myself when others find it in romantic relationships or whatever. These aforementioned clouds could soon be whisked away by better life-like robots/sex dolls and so on, whereas the negative effects of romantic relationships are too often permanent.

I think I might be schizoid on some level, because I really don't know what people mean when they say loneliness is. I think I miss the presence of pretty women, because my lifestyle basically puts me in a sausagefest and I see maybe one or two females per month. It's less a bad feeling and more a surprise when I'm somewhere and there's suddenly a really strikingly pretty girl and it's about like being warped in a world where some fantasy creature is completely normal for a few hours, and then going back to our world where those creatures are just on TV and not in real life.
>>
>>39142235
>when they say loneliness is
*a bad feeling because I don't really know what loneliness feels like. I would describe it as boredom, I think, but I'm not sure about that being accurate, I don't think I really feel loneliness at all.

derp, I think I noticed a typo in the previous sentence and didn't finish this one before typing the rest
>>
>>39142145
Interesting opinion. Thank you for the perspective. I believe this is the one I mostly relate to
>>39142235
What kind of work do you do?
>>
>>39142913
Machine shop stuff. I go work in my corner of the shop making stuff by myself. There are no women in the shop, there's a secretary up front but she's old and somewhat butch. I drive home from the industrial district, pay gas at the pump, groceries once a month on off hours in 24/7 stores.

That's pretty much it, my hobbies are either done at home or involve going out into the wilderness where there's nobody around either.
>>
File: IMG_3878.jpg (93KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3878.jpg
93KB, 1024x736px
>>39140919
I enjoy being alone, and I really hate it how normies think it's so horrible and evil not liking to be around others.
>>
>>39143014
Hmmm. So would you say you're happy? Don't lie.
>>
>>39143192
Yes.

To robotblock this, I have to say the only things that make me feel like saying "no" is how I don't make much money. If I had a better salary, I think I wouldn't be able to reply without just mashing the keyboard to get by the r9k mute.
>>
>>39143134
It's not that they think it's necessarily evil so much as they believe it's impossible to live without that kind of interaction. Basically extrovert doesn't understand introversion.
>>
File: 1496910492047.jpg (108KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496910492047.jpg
108KB, 500x500px
>used to be a social person
>highschool my life fell apart
>been a social recluse ever since
>grow to crave the loneliness
If I'm broken I don't want to be fixed senpai
>>
>>39143239
Well then I'm glad for you. May I ask what brings you to r9k in general?
>>
>>39143255
Share with me what happened. I like hearing people's stories.
>>
>>39143243
They seem to think that being alone is such a big deal, though. A lot of those types of people are always looking for some kind of validation, and I couldn't even care less about any of that stuff. I know I'm introverted, but it doesn't bother me in the least. It doesn't make sense to me why others would care so much.
>>
>>39143281
I like the "post your room" threads, I often save pictures of pretty girls, there are some really unintentionally hilarious greentext stories posted...

Honestly I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I don't fit in anywhere, so I tend to feel accepted in a small anonymous corner of the internet full of people that don't fit in.
>>
>>39143321
Not much to tell
>friends abandoned me
>moved out of my old home
>harsh bullying drove me further into isolation
Honestly looking back at it all, I don't blame myself so much. If anyone was placed in my situation at the time, they probably would've done the same, or worse.
>>
>>39143396
Yeah I'm with you on that one. They just cannot comprehend it and so.e view it as an illness. It's really just ignorance combined with projection
>>39143431
Cool. Yeah I like the people here honestly.
>>39143454
Social rejection sucks man. I can tell you from experience that finding a physical hobby/activity that you love and can pour your effort into is the way to go though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.