[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop forcing yourself to be miserable

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
Depressed NEETS and wageslaves: I promise you that for most of your getting the right job will cure it. I flunked college, had 7 different jobs that I hated, and was a virgin until 2 years ago (I'm 27 now). The job I found started at 9$/hr, physical labor. Now I make 14$/hr (plenty in Virginia to live off of), insane good benefits, about $4200 a year in bonuses, plenty of paid holidays and a paid 14 day vacation. I fuck a qt3.14 half Mexican co-worker on my our lunch break at her house around the corner from work. No longer depressed and love my life. Now I know what kind of bullshit excuses that are coming but I promise you guys 8/10 of you could make your life amazingly happy and fulfilled with the right job. Mine required no experience of school, even hire felons. Don't lie to yourself and force more misery on your life. Get the fuck out there and seize life bros!
>>
"You've gotta get out there and grab life by the horns, Champ. I didn't think I had the gumption to ruck through the blizzard of '67, but by God I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and snow shoes and plunged headlong into the driving snow. Sheer luck I barely got out of there with all my fingers and toes intact, but when I got to the factory, the manager was so impressed when I got to the factory that he shook my hand and hired me right on the spot. I'm expecting a lot from you, Champ, so don't disappoint out there today -- and don't forget to give a firm handshake."
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 198x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 198x437px
>>39132658
I was an anxiety ridden depressed drug addicted broke loser and now I drive a decent car I bought myself, lost 30 pounds of fat and gained back 19 as muscle, and suck on perfect little nipples and fuck a beautiful pink little pussy a few times a week. My parents told m they never thought I was capable of doing what I do now and love me for it. I haven't had to cry from misery in almost two years. I wake up every day at 5am and look forward the next 16-18 hours. Every night I fall asleep quickly because I'm too happy to toss and turn thinking about my mess of a life. On weekends I'm falling asleep with my arms wrapped around a beautiful 110 pound girl even though I'm fuxking ugly and I know it. This could be all of you, but you're all scared to go for it.. Just like I was...
>>
File: firmhandshakeman.jpg (40KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
firmhandshakeman.jpg
40KB, 612x408px
>>39132810
"Exactly. Every journey begins with that first step, Champ. When I was your age, I rucked through the worst snowstorm in state history to get to the interview down at the factory when my Mustang wouldn't start. They've even got a photo of me in the local paper. The manager was so impressed that he shook my hand and hired me right on the spot. Yep, I put myself through school, supported the family, bought two houses, three cars, and our summer vacationer up in Nantucket, so I expect a lot more from you than excuses and pouting, Champ. It's as easy as standing up straight, speaking with the manager about the job, giving him a firm handshake, and telling him you'll be the best hire they've ever made. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, Champ."
>>
>>39132633
I've been working since 18. I'm 21 now. It doesn't help.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 750x750px
>>39132658
One time an older job, a restaurant a girl touched my shoulder to get my attention and I jumped so hard I dropped the area I was holding and they broke. An asshole customer laughed and said "Jesus Christ what's wrong with you." I started stuttering a response then looked around to see FUCKING EVERY CUSTOMER IN THE PLACEstaring at me and I started having such a bad panic attack my muscles gave out and I just fell down standing there. Nobody even tried to help for a good 20-30 second still another waiter helped me to my feet. I walked out and road my bike home sobbing from humiliation. The boss texted me an hour later and said "we'll mail you your last check, don't ever come back here you spaz." The boss was a close friend of my parents. One of the worst memories of my life.
No more though. I finally decided to try as hard as I could and trying and trying and now no more tears.
>>
>>39132633
I would "seize life" if you'd shut the fuck up and leave me alone
>>
>>39132633
Forcing yourself to be miserable is safe as fuck. And it's intelligent. If you strive for or even reach happiness you will just eventually pay for it in equal amounts of pain, greater than what you had suffered before. There is always going to be reciprocation like that. So if you force yourself to just be bitter and hateful from the start it will save you a lot of trouble and suffering.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 539x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 539x383px
>>39132868
The same job or what? I ha 7 different ones before I found this one and just decided to try as hard as I possibly could at it. Share me your story robot
>>
>>39132633
why are you on this board if you work and have a gf
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 457x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 457x469px
>>39132959
If everything changed tomorrow and I lost everything id still have the amazing memories of that beautiful little face twisting up as I thumbed her clit and went balls feel in her making her cum so hard she started yanking at the bed sheets. And once you've done something you know you're capable of it and you have it in you so you can get back out to rebuild. Two years experience at a good job and all the shit I've learned here will help me get another one and has given me confidence for the first time in 27 years >>39132956
Is my bitter little champ triggered? Does knowing that you can be happy as fuck, that it's all your fault that you aren't, but you still can't grow the bad to go take it, make you like this? The misery just stacks and builds as time goes by buddy it gets worse unless you make it get better
>>39133015
Because I was on it for years before all this, and I still have all my same interests. 25 years of anxiety so bad it harms you physically and all the horrible memoirs of it don't just disappear anon. I used to see threads like this and think the OP was full of shit until one day I didn't and found out its true
>>
>>39132633
Having a shitty blue-collar job won't make me happy.
>>
>>39133112
you are so fucking naive you little baby faggot boy
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 333x507px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 333x507px
>>39133115
It started as physical labor but I busted ass so much and constantly pushed to learn new things that now it's a completely different job. Surprisingly I went from hating the physical labor and doing it everyday 8 hours to doing work (machine operator, fork lift driver, riding around on an electric golf cart and telling people what to do) that I could go the whole day without having to sweat but now that I'm more /fit/ I enjoy doing it and always find a way to jump in to the teams doing the back breaking work when I want to which is most days for a couple hours at least
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 500x645px
>>39133154
You wouldn't know nigger because you've never been there. I've had both worlds and I prefer the new life. Me an another co-worker hit up job fairs every now and then just to see what our options are and I've mostly gotten calls back with offers
Hard to be naive when you've lived as a suicidal nervous wreck through your teen and early adult years and know what fucking pain life can inflict on you
>>
>>39133182
It isn't for me. I've had more than enough blue-collar jobs to know.
>>
>>39133241
Well I had 7 and thought the same till I found a new attitude. But it's not for everyone. What about school anon?

At least this anon is giving reasons. All these robots that are so fucking sure of themselves but somehow can't explain how I'm wrong
>>
>>39133293
I'm in school and may not be motivated enough to finish my degree.

I don't have any job prospects if I get kicked out. I'll either kill myself or whatever. Either way, that's it for me.
>>
>>39132959
This is more or less what I feel. I've already decided that everything is fuck. No going back now.
>>
>>39133112
Lol how does it follow from all this that its his fault? Even if you were a fuck-up all it means as you fucked up so hard it caused you to sort yourself out while most of us are just in a comfy holding pattern of banality
>>
>>39133338
Dude you have to finish student loans with no degree are torture. If you had
Started going full effort a year ago you'd be so fucking happy right now. Think of how grateful you'd be to yourself in a year, 6 months if you started right now and got the ball rolling. It's like working for a paycheck, it sucks being at work but on payday you're glad did and the struggle and pain you experienced to earn it was then, rewards are now: does this make sense?,all that work and trying is hard but time goes by and the pain becomes a thing of the past but the confidence you build and things you learn are yours to keep forever
>>
>>39132633
>He doesn't know how hard it is to get a job as a white male in a suburb that is 87%+ white
Fucking affirmative action. Ironically enough the more jobs I get turned down from because of it, the more racist I become and the more I want see a nigger hang from a tree. Great job liberals!
>>
>>39133584
I have mental problems that are keeping me from concentrating.

I also don't have any real relationships in my life, so I'm also totally isolated.
>>
>>39133386
Ok I'll bite I don't know that anons story and if he is unhappy whether it's his fault. But explain to me how it is never not a great idea for somebody that's miserable to just try as hard as possible and keep going until things start improving.
>>
>>39133720
And there's not a maximum or cap on how long it takes. Someone can't try for a month or even a year, not see results and say "oh okay better go back to my holding pattern." It could've been another week away but you'll never know till it happens
On the bright side, there's momentum. When I finally started to develop some ability to talk to others without sperging it gave me new motivation and fuel to keep going and try to actually socialize, which led to me also learning new things and improve my standing at work, which gave me more confidence and got me a raise and so on and so on. It's like a snowball getting bigger as it rolls down a hill
>>
>>39133651
Yeah I was completely alone no friends no family to talk to, no one. The loneliness it fcking crippling.
What mental issues? I had severe depression and a terrible anxiety disorder but although diagnosed didn't have the money to actually get medical help with my problems. Do you know what specific issues you have bro?
>>
File: 1496512115890.jpg (145KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
1496512115890.jpg
145KB, 720x764px
Bitcoin can change your life. Head over to /biz/
>>
That's nice, I've had 4 different jobs at 27. All of them fucking sucked. 3 were backbreaking labor, and they would not let me move up. I worked outside in the florida heat with illegal spics, black felons, the lowest white trash in the world for $9/hr. Would come home and not even be able to walk, eat, go to bed for it the next day. There was no moving up, or hot half mexian girl for me. In fact there were no women at all. I looked like a fucking loser in my construction work uniform. The current job I work sucks just as bad, I drive a truck with no A/C in florida. During the day my phone reads 116 degrees, the bottoms of my shoe melt. Still no gf though. And I don't make enough for rent. So tell me what am I doing wrong in life.
>>
>>39133584
> It's like working for a paycheck, it sucks being at work but on payday you're glad did and the struggle and pain you experienced to earn it was then, rewards are now: does this make sense?
I've heard this is how most people experience it. While I understand the connection between work and paycheck, I don't really feel it. I work and work and at the end of the month (which is a fucking long time) the number on my bank account gets bigger. I just don't feel it's worth it. I'd rather have a day of free time than 70 bucks. Especially since I don't enjoy my job at all.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.