[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on ironic weebs? Are you one?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 22

File: 1485145029215.png (569KB, 940x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485145029215.png
569KB, 940x1000px
Opinion on ironic weebs?

Are you one?
>>
>>39131052
jadf is fucking garbage because he turned into a patreon paywall fuckhead

someone needs to buy all his stuff and leak it
>>
I don't like to think of myself as one but I do watch a bit of anime, read a bit of manga and find Jap planes and ships from WWII to be quite beautiful so I suppose people would look at me as one.
>>
File: 1495837768076.jpg (128KB, 624x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495837768076.jpg
128KB, 624x576px
who cares
life is too short to try to police what you enjoy to keep out bad apples. ignore them and watch and read what you want to. being an elitist doesn't help anyone
>>
>>39131052
Im pseudoironic weeb, not because i try to be one, but because i have severe autism.
>>
They are absolute cancer that have significantly contributed to the decline of the Western anime fandom and the perception of anime in the West.
>>
>>39131450
The outwardly ones have, you know the ones that seemingly have no awareness of how they look in the eyes of others. The ones that keep it to themselves or don't go overboard with it are alright imo
>>
>>39131052
Define ironic? Define Weeb for that matter. I hate anime and its art style and its cookie cutter monotony and cliched storylines, but I love lesbians so much that I'm willing to look past how stupid anime is to enjoy girls being lovey with each other. Yuri is the only form of anime I'll watch or read
>>
File: 1493149696806.jpg (69KB, 621x676px) Image search: [Google]
1493149696806.jpg
69KB, 621x676px
>>39132239
>Yuri
MAH NIGGA
Did you read this already? https://exhentai.org/g/1102052/2a8b07b457/
>>
>>39132263
>openly linking doujins

you are cancer and the kind of person people in this thread hate
>>
File: 25234523452435.png (1MB, 1165x935px) Image search: [Google]
25234523452435.png
1MB, 1165x935px
>>39132239
Basically this
>ahegao avatars
>likes meme artists like Asanagi and Hirame
>likes Hyperdymension Neptunia
>etc.
All of that while joking/pretending he is "ironic" and is "self aware" with it.
>>
>>39132291
What exactly is wrong with linking doujins? No, seriously. Is this something that "ironic weebs" do according to you?
>>39132336
Asanagi and Hirame are unironically great though
>>
>>39131052

ironic weebism is reddit tier garbage
>>
>>39132291
Oh for sure my dude. Otaku never share doujins
>>
I love how the definition of weeb shifted from crazy person who is obsessed with japanese culture and wants to BE japanese to anyone that just watches anime.

Also what the fuck is an ironic weeb? Post-irony faggots are all the same kind of cancer.
>>
>>39132348
>>39132351
this wasn't my post but see >>39132336
>>
>>39132569
Still don't get it. Also that chart is autistic as fuck. Why should I give a shit about what these cancer kiddies do?
>>
"Ironic weebs" don't exist they just say it's ironic to cool or some shit and say hahaah relatable amirite
>>
>>39132562
>Also what the fuck is an ironic weeb?
People with a Nepnep Twitter av who only watch the meme shows and go to cons
>>
File: babby.gif (1016KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
babby.gif
1016KB, 320x240px
>>39132618
You act like people with shit taste don't exist in every form of hobby ever. Also I know literal chads who couldn't give less a fuck about anime but they still go to cons just for the pussy.
>>
>>39132797
Of course. I don't really care about ironic weebs and I like Neptune myself, I just thought that was a decent description of the demographic in question
>>
>>39131052
wtf is an ironic weeb
>>
>>39132595
that pic is calling out cancer posters though, look at the exh part
>>
>>39132905
Yeah, I get that. But wasn't posting the exhentai link because of le secret club but just because I wanted to show that anon the new LWA doujin
>>
>>39132239
I like how it has become accepted common sense that anime is "cookie cutter monotony" when in reality it's more varied and experimental than live action television, which nobody ever complains about.

>>39132562
Ironic weebs put on a big show with their anime avatars and waifu wars and memes and nervous laughter but it's all either fake and they don't have any legitimate interest in anime, or they are so afraid of criticism that they put an ironic distance between themselves and anime (which may just result in them not having a legitimate interest). In both cases they're always "ironically" saying how anime is shit and they're all just filthy weebs for watching that trash.
>>
>>39133029
Of course there are some "experimental" shows but the current state of anime is pretty sad. The industry has become way too incestuous, just look at the current season.
>>
>>39133029
Dont worry anon, I don't watch "live action" tv eaither. fuck I don't watch tv in general. It's all the same bullshit to me.. Unless it's got lesbians to distract me from its boring, played out storyline. But I've never seen an anime or read a plot to an anime that felt unique or deep or not just trying too hard. It's always school kids and harems and space aliens and ghosts
>>
>>39133074
>the current state of anime is pretty sad.
It's not. This is a meme.

>The industry has become way too incestuous
When there's a bunch of cop shows on American TV and a bunch of romantic comedies in theatres, people think it's normal. TV and movies have genres. When there's a bunch of anime in the same genre, it's suddenly "incestuous" and the industry has a problem. Despite being more diverse than live action TV.

>just look at the current season
We've got a show about exploring people's dreams, a show about game development, a cooking show about a restaurant visited by people from another world, a steampunkish espionage show set in London, a show about quiz competitions, a show about people exploring a giant hole in the ground, a show about ballroom dancing, a show about Vatican officials examining alleged miracles...

Boy, you can hardly tell these shows apart.
>>
>>39133168
>But I've never seen an anime or read a plot to an anime that felt unique or deep or not just trying too hard. It's always school kids and harems and space aliens and ghosts
Then you've seen virtually no anime and you are either extrapolating from what little you've seen or repeating other people's opinions, or both.
>>
>>39133184
it sounds like he seeks out a very specific kind of anime (ones with "lesbians" as he puts it) and then is surprised that these shows are similar to eachother.
>>
File: 1432816843071.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432816843071.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>39133029
>more varied and experimental than live action television

Most anime these days is harem or moeshit. Because that sells.

>>39133169
>We've got a show about exploring people's dreams, a show about game development, a cooking show about a restaurant visited by people from another world, a steampunkish espionage show set in London, a show about quiz competitions, a show about people exploring a giant hole in the ground, a show about ballroom dancing, a show about Vatican officials examining alleged miracles...

The thing js interesting ideas don't matter if you ruin them with harem/moeshit.
Instead of making interesting varied and gender balanced casts they just make

>THEY'RE ALL LE LITTLE GIRLEEES
>WHO DO CUTE THINGS WITH EACHOTHER XD
>>
>>39133245
If someone talks about a show being on another level (like big time mainstream anime films) than I'll read the plot on Wikipedia or something, even if it doesn't have lesbians. Most of the time though, it doesn't seem all that cutting edge or out there
>>
>>39133286

I sincerely wish anime was actually as much like this as people would have me believe
>>
File: realnofake.gif (2MB, 200x298px) Image search: [Google]
realnofake.gif
2MB, 200x298px
>>39132239
Woah........... so this is what ultimate cancer looks like.................
>>
>>39133169
To be fair I only watched ballroom e youkoso but even though the premise may be new, it's were the same boring tropes again under a new coat. Same goes for new game, the "activity" might be different but in the end it's the same moeblob shit with the same tropes as always. Can't comment on the rest though because I am not as much into anime anymore and I would hate most shows anyways.
What I'm trying to say is that even though the plot may change, most of the time the same meta conventions and tropes still apply. And yes, anime has obvious incestuous tendencies, just compare Free! and Dive! or K-ON! and Bakuon!, both complete ripoffs
Also, I really wish there would be a bigger emphasis on animation again. KyoAni has some good money shots from time to time but the quality of their stuff varies.
>>
>>39131052
Media produced by subhumans is fit only for subhuman consumption.

>>39132239
You are a supporter of degeneracy in need of being gassed.
>>
>>39131052
they are all underage faggots and should leave the boards
>>
File: Kirito_ACD_1.png (430KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kirito_ACD_1.png
430KB, 1280x960px
>>39133303
Are you serious? 50% of current season shows literally is this. The other 50% is harem shit shows with blank self insert male MCs.
>>
>>39133336
>tells me to get gassed
>cant even get quints
>he doesn't like lesbians
I bet you would kiss a prostitute If you had to courage to be something other than what your silly fairy tale book tells you to be
>>
>>39133295
> than I'll read the plot on Wikipedia or something
jesus christ, you're one of THOSE people. do you even enjoy fiction? a plot synopsis is in no way a substitution for the real thing and furthermore you are ruining a significant part of the potential you would have had to enjoy the story and its twists and turns by reading the synopsis. it's like turning on cheat codes in a game (the boring kind like infinite health, not the fun physics kind).
>>
>>39133286
Harem anime is a small minority, and if by moe you mean slice of life that's also a small minority.

>The thing js interesting ideas don't matter if you ruin them with harem/moeshit.
Which of those shows are ruined by harem or "moeshit"? How is something bad just because it's harem or SoL?

Shows where most characters are little girls are also a small minority.

"Cute girls doing cute things" is not a thing that actually exists.

>>39133325
Nobody ever says anything when they see familiar tropes in live action. That's somehow fine, but anime is crucified if it repeats itself in any way.

>Same goes for new game, the "activity" might be different but in the end it's the same moeblob shit with the same tropes as always.
"Moeblob shit" doesn't mean anything, so neither does your attempted criticism.

>And yes, anime has obvious incestuous tendencies, just compare Free! and Dive! or K-ON! and Bakuon!, both complete ripoffs
When there are two live action shows or movies with the same premise, it's totally fine. When anime does the same, it's suddenly "incestuous." Completely indefensible double standard.

K-On and Bakuon are not the same thing and the latter is not "ripping off" the former.

>>39133369
>50% of current season shows literally is this.
No it isn't.

>The other 50% is harem shit shows with blank self insert male MCs.
Westerners are the ones who self-insert, but then they project that onto the Japanese.
>>
File: image.jpg (355KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355KB, 1000x1000px
>tfw partake in ironic weeb anime unironically
It's fun watching cute girls.
>>
File: image_relating_to_your_post.jpg (175KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image_relating_to_your_post.jpg
175KB, 640x480px
>>39133295
>i'll read the plot on wikipedia or something
That's fucking retarded for so many reasons. Fucking nothing sounds interesting just from the wikipedia description you vile turbopleb
>>
>>39133315
does your online username start with an M and does your first name start with J? your shitposting is really awful and identifiable
>>
for the people who constantly complain about old tropes or memes or whatever, wouldn't literally any plot imaginable fall under one trope or another?
>>
>>39133404
I agree with some of your points but to claim that the Japs don't do selfinsert copout protagonists is just wrong, see the entire isekai genre
>>
I dont even dislike all anime but literally everyone who uses an anime avatar or attaches irrelevant anime to their posts is an obnoxious faggot
>>
>>39133404
>Westerners are the ones who self-insert, but then they project that onto the Japanese.

Ah so you're a genuine weeb. I think we can end this discussion here. Enjoy this last (You).
>>
>>39133404
Stop bringing up live action when I haven't brought it up a single time.
>"Moeblob shit" doesn't mean anything, so neither does your attempted criticism.
Well, how should I call it then? By the way, I actually like moe quite a lot but New Game! is just bad imo. The artstyle looks hideous and the character designs aren't interesting either. Same goes for the comedy, which is your usual lowbrow awkward situations stuff.
>K-On and Bakuon are not the same thing and the latter is not "ripping off" the former.
I may have been too harsh there but you can't deny that shows like K-ON! and Haruhi inspired all of the anime with girls participating in some sort of activity (which one ultimately does not matter)
>>
>>39133459
Yes. There's hardly anything out there that isn't listed somewhere on TVTropes. But somewhere along the way people got the idea that a trope is something that is a) intrinsically bad, and b) exists only in anime.

>>39133470
They are always called self-inserts because people are projecting their own self-insertion tendencies onto the Japanese.

Isekai is a meme because nobody in the West watches it or knows anything about it.

>>39133494
I didn't say, imply or in any way suggest I'm a weeb, and weebs don't even exist. I also didn't say, imply or in any way suggest I'm baiting. And if you think I'm baiting then why do you also think I'm a genuine weeb?
>>
>>39133522
>Isekai is a meme because nobody in the West watches it or knows anything about it.
Are you kidding me dude? Shit a lot of the stuff you post is right but you're off the rails now
>>
File: 1490134339819.png (580KB, 800x2810px) Image search: [Google]
1490134339819.png
580KB, 800x2810px
>>39133478
Omg i watched le epic filthy frank video too
>>
File: 6e9.png (29KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
6e9.png
29KB, 500x275px
>>39133522
> and weebs don't even exist
>>
>>39133522
>weebs don't even exist
a weeb = any consumer of japanese culture/media who is not japanese

it was really the precursor to all the cultural appropriation shit
>>
>>39133522
I'm not saying that tropes are bad per se but I'm tired of seeing the same character archetypes all the time.
>Isekai is a meme because nobody in the West watches it or knows anything about it.
What? It's a real trend.
>.hack
>Log Horizon
>SAO
>Overlord
>Re:Zero
>KonoSuba
>>
>>39133583
ReZero was one of the most popular and widely known anime of the last couple years. Isekai isn't even a uniquely japanese concept, westerners use it all the time and it's just as lazy.
>>
>>39133518
You don't have to bring it up, it's just universally the case that people constantly shit on anime for things that they think are totally normal in live action.

>Well, how should I call it then?
Maybe you should just lay off the buzzwords and memes altogether.

>By the way, I actually like moe quite a lot
This is like someone cursing niggers and then mentioning he likes diversity quite a lot.

If New Game is representative of moe anime but also "hideous" and "low brow" and not "interesting," then what does that say about your supposed fondness for moe anime?

>I may have been too harsh there but you can't deny that shows like K-ON! and Haruhi inspired all of the anime with girls participating in some sort of activity (which one ultimately does not matter)
You've clearly never seen Haruhi, and in what way does the activity in K-On not matter? Should the girls save the world from aliens or something?

Bakuon is a comedy about motorcycles and motorcycle otaku, it's not supposed to have some epic plot or trandescental purpose to it.
>>
>>39133544
You seem to be the only one whos knowledgeable about some filthy frank video, so...
>>
>>39133541
I keep hearing over and over again how isekai anime is all X or all Y and all the same and all shit, which proves that nobody is watching the stuff.

>>39133551
Factual statements are not bait.

>>39133570
That is not what weeb means.

>>39133593
>I'm tired of seeing the same character archetypes all the time.
But I bet you aren't tired of them at all in live action.
>>
>>39133648
>That is not what weeb means.
what do you think it means then?
>>
File: Weeaboo.gif (66KB, 680x227px) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo.gif
66KB, 680x227px
>>39133570
"wapanese" meant ken-sama type shit, white people who genuinely want to be japanese based on a skewed misconception of Japanese culture. Moot got annoyed about how overused and misused it was so he had it filtered to "weeaboo" to imply that anyone who said it is fucking retarded and deserves to be mocked (which remains true to this day). People still used it, and eventually newfags like you came and had no idea about any of this and just assume weeaboo means anime fan.
>>
>>39133613
>it's just universally the case
You're just assuming stuff about me and others, the fuck
>This is like someone cursing niggers and then mentioning he likes diversity quite a lot.
LOL
"Moeshit" is literally just shitty moe, that's what the word means. I still enjoy good moe.
>If New Game is representative of moe anime but also "hideous" and "low brow" and not "interesting," then what does that say about your supposed fondness for moe anime?
No, it's representative of bad moe
>You've clearly never seen Haruhi
I watched S1, there is no overarching activity but yes, the characters are in some sort of club and the show was a predecessor for many slice of life shows to follow
>and in what way does the activity in K-On not matter?
I was talking about the shows who were to follow K-ON!, though my criticism applies to it as well if I'm being really picky. What I mean is that these "activities" ultimately take a back seat for the cute antics of the girls. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's wasted potential
>Bakuon is a comedy about motorcycles and motorcycle otaku, it's not supposed to have some epic plot or trandescental purpose to it.
I never said that
>>39133648
>But I bet you aren't tired of them at all in live action.
I don't watch live action at all, fucking stop
>>
>>39133706
"I" don't think it means anything because it has nothing to do with me. It has an established definition.

>>39133709
Interesting thing that weeaboo originated on 4chan because people were spamming accusations of wapeneseness so much. Imagine a science community where people start getting called eggheads or nerds or autists for being too much into science.
>>
>>39133753
>Interesting thing that weeaboo originated on 4chan because people were spamming accusations of wapeneseness so much. Imagine a science community where people start getting called eggheads or nerds or autists for being too much into science.
At first it was tongue-in-cheek, but the problem was that newfags started actually believing it.
>>
>>39133752
>You're just assuming stuff about me and others, the fuck
Perfectly justified assumptions.

>"Moeshit" is literally just shitty moe, that's what the word means. I still enjoy good moe.
Moeshit can mean any number of things. The closest thing to a stable definition it has is slice of life anime and a condemnation of all slice of life anime. Or more broadly a condemnation of any anime that features cute girls in any capacity.

>No, it's representative of bad moe
It's not.

>I watched S1
No you didn't.

>the show was a predecessor for many slice of life shows to follow
Azumanga already came out years earlier, and Haruhi isn't a SoL show.
>>
>>39133832
>Perfectly justified assumptions.
You are talking to another anonymous guy on the internet, how you could assume anything beside the information I feed you via responses is beyond me.
>It's not.
Meh, different tastes I guess. Personally I dislike the show.
>No you didn't.
Yes I did, though my memory is admittedly a bit hazy. Has been quite some time since I watched it.
>Azumanga already came out years earlier
Fair point, though I'd say that K-ON! and Haruhi really brought the ball rolling.
>Haruhi isn't a SoL show
Kyon has some character development during the end but most episodes of S1 don't have any real sense of urgency and it's mostly the main cast doing fun stuff together
>>
>>39133927
I already told you how, and in any case it's nonsense to attack anime for things that are universally considered normal in live action.

Haruhi is not SoL.
>>
File: satania smug.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
satania smug.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>tfw i don't even watch or care about anime but have tons of smug anime girls and have anime avatars because people get upset at them
>>
>>39134014
>not watching anime
pleb
>>
>>39134001
Man, it's hard to have a discussion with you when you're always giving me these passive aggressive responses.
What's with your obsession with live action? We've already established that I don't watch that kind of stuff and yet you keep talking about some weird double standards that add nothing to the topic at hand. Completely nonsensical and juvenile,
>Haruhi is not SoL
Why is it not Slice of Life? Just throwing these things into the room doesn't make them true per se. What does a show need to be considered "Slice of Life"? Aren't we getting a good glimpse into Kyon's daily life and his interactions with his friends at school? Or does it not count because of the overarching plot which is a theme present throughout the anime? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
File: smug kizuna pathetic.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
smug kizuna pathetic.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
>>39134130
watching any form of the electric jew is pleb tier desu
>>
File: 1405855612538.png (269KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1405855612538.png
269KB, 500x496px
>>39134156
>denying yourself of artistic value based on arbitrary format differences
>>
>>39134205
If you don't read literature you're a hypocrite
>>
>>39134136
>What's with your obsession with live action?
I have already explained this, and there is no "obsession."

>Why is it not Slice of Life?
Because of all the genre-shifting, because of the crazy shit constantly happening, because of all the serious situations like Endless Eight, the making of the movie and Disappearance, and because of all the overarching issues with Haruhi and the characters who are observing her.
>>
>>39134223
>Falling for the paper jew
>>
File: smug dva.jpg (22KB, 375x450px) Image search: [Google]
smug dva.jpg
22KB, 375x450px
>>39134205
>wasting your time on entertainment other than 4chan or video games
baka desu senpai
>>
>>39134246
>and there is no "obsession."
You kept using that logic in an attempt to out me as a hypocrite.
>"You can't critize anime for doing x because live action also does x" (>>39133648)
Of course I can. Please stop assuming that everyone who criticizes anime automatically is in love with western live action, it's just stupid. Sorry but that's the truth.
>Because of all the genre-shifting, because of the crazy shit constantly happening, because of all the serious situations like Endless Eight, the making of the movie and Disappearance, and because of all the overarching issues with Haruhi and the characters who are observing her.
Now we're getting somewhere. A fair point, and, although I wouldn't say that "crazy shit happening" automatically means that something can't be SoL (especially in a universe where crazy shit is the norm), I'm willing to take my previous statement back.
>>
>>39134394
>Of course I can.
Based on what?
>>
>>39134440
I honestly don't get what you're trying to tell me. If something in an anime annoys me, and some western live action show which I don't even know of does the same shit, I somehow am not allowed to critize the anime?
>>
>>39134490
These are again universally accepted things in live action and people are CONSTANTLY attacking anime over them, so what makes you think you can just waltz in with these criticisms and pretend they're valid and have nothing to do with anyone except you?
>>
>>39131052
Bought an attack on titan shirt to try and pick up fat weeb chicks. Gave it a watch and fucking hated it. Eren is a bitch and armin is a screaming bitch. Mikasa is a shit character and shit waifu but has the best abs ive ever seen. Christa was only tolerable character
>>
>>39134633
A waifu can't be good or bad, it's a completely personal thing.
>>
>>39131052
Unironic weeb who wishes he was born in Japan instead so he wouldn't have to endure the degeneracy of the western world. I'd go to cons and cosplay if I weren't such a fat faggot.
>>
>>39132239
>hating anime
Leave this website isn't for you
>>
>>39133074
>The industry has become way too incestuous, just look at the current season.
This is the number one way to announce that you don't watch anime.
>>
>>39134584
Sorry but this is just baffling.
Why should I give a shit about which tropes are "accepted" in a different medium? I see this anime, I don't like aspect x, I criticize it. I don't need to bring up this entirely different medium and culture. I'm criticizing the anime itself, and am not trying to make a stand for how unfairly the medium anime as a whole is judged by others.
>and people are CONSTANTLY attacking anime over them, so what makes you think you can just waltz in with these criticisms and pretend they're valid and have nothing to do with anyone except you?
I'm sorry but anime is not some sacred medium and I can criticize whatever I want whenever I want without comparing the piece of art at hand with literally everything else that has been produced in the history of mankind only to find some "double standard" which I don't care about. You sound very bitter because of past experiences and I advise you to move on and not get triggered whenever someone talks about the current state of anime in a negative way.
>>
>>39134665
>cons
>cosplay
>obesity
>abandoning your home country
all of these are degenerate.
>>
File: C_trw1LUQAcw44n.jpg large.jpg (92KB, 648x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C_trw1LUQAcw44n.jpg large.jpg
92KB, 648x1000px
Am I an ironic weeb?
>Favourite anime is Evangelion.
>Currently watching Re:Zero.
>Waifu is Hikage from Senran Kagura.
>Own every Senran game; only games on PlayStation I've plat'd.
>Own a few Nendoroids.

>Never jerk it to hentai.
>Don't take the "muh waifu" thing seriously.
>Don't watch moe or SoL anime at all.
>Not obsessed with Japan.
>Realise that liking anime considered pretty lame so never talk about it.

???
>>
>>39134732
>This is the number one way to announce that you don't watch anime.
Not anymore, yes. Well, still Gundam from time to time. Also am planning to watch Owari S2
>>
>>39134740
Your criticism does not exist in a vacuum. If something is universally accepted in live action and anime is constantly criticized for having it then you don't get to ignore that and pretend it has nothing to do with you.
>>
I dont like watching anime but i like the artstyle and jacking off to porn of it
>>
>>39134775
>Your criticism does not exist in a vacuum.
Depends. I can criticize something while taking different mediums and pieces of art into consideration, but I can also judge something by itself alone.
>If something is universally accepted in live action and anime is constantly criticized for having it then you don't get to ignore that and pretend it has nothing to do with you.
Nigga it has NOTHING to do with me. I'm not the one who "accepts" these tropes and conventions. I'm some guy who watches anime and likes some parts and dislikes some parts. It does not matter to me and probably never will.
>>
>>39134842
It has everything to do with you. You don't get to ignore it. Period.
>>
>>39134875
So western live action x does the same boring shit as anime x. Okay. So what now? That doesn't make anime x better. I don't give a shit if people like live action x for the same reason I dislike anime x. It doesn't have anything to do with the anime's quality. Only that some people have shit taste.
>You don't get to ignore it. Period.
What I "ignore" (in this case: don't give a shit about) is entirely my business.
>>
>>39134975
It's not "the same boring shit," it's fundamental and normal and universally accepted things.

>What I "ignore" (in this case: don't give a shit about) is entirely my business.
Then stop posting.
>>
>>39134838
This.
I never watch anime but fap almost exclusively to hentai...loli hentai.
>>
>>39135014
>it's fundamental and normal and universally accepted things
Again this meme. I don't care if something is "universally accepted" or "normal" (what does normal even mean), I just watch anime and think about the different aspects which I liked and disliked. Stop pretending I have to take part in your politics.
>Then stop posting.
I probably should, since neither side will budge at this point. It was fun talking to you and you are obviously quite passionate (and knowledgeable) about anime, but you seem to be holding an unfair grudge against western media which you should lay off imo. Best wishes
>>
>>39135118
It's not a meme and has nothing to do with politics and if you don't care then stop posting.

>you seem to be holding an unfair grudge against western media which you should lay off imo
I have an "unfair grudge" (in fact a 100% correct grudge) against people subjecting anime to indefensible double standards.
>>
File: 1446874898919.png (320KB, 361x472px) Image search: [Google]
1446874898919.png
320KB, 361x472px
>>39132336
asanagi and nep are great though
>>
>>39132239
Patrician taste desu oreg
>>
File: 1478919384970.png (243KB, 465x440px) Image search: [Google]
1478919384970.png
243KB, 465x440px
>>39132336
>>39132348
>>39135907
I love how most Asanagi fans like his tamer artwork and the most vanilla of his doujins and not his worst. Same thing with Meme50. What a joke.
>>
>>39131052
Opinion on areola slips?
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.