[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Affirmative action

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: Ray Cis.gif (500KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
Ray Cis.gif
500KB, 300x268px
Hey, something's been bugging me for a long time and I don't really know where else to post this.

Affirmative action was created to help black Americans that suffered from the legacy of slavery get ahead in life. It was created to support and benefit them, as a form of reparations. So why then does affirmative action go to black Africans that immigrated here recently that did not have enslaved ancestors and all other non-white recent immigrants? It's almost like they are stealing resources meant for blacks that have been here and suffered and use it for their own gain even though they suffered no pain.

What do blacks think about this? I see Nigerians and other Africans using these programs and Affirmative action for their advantage and I just think to myself, "this is just race based programs when it should be programs made to benefit those who have a legacy of being enslaved in America."

Anybody else get what I'm saying and agree?
>>
>>39103828
>Affirmative action was created to help black Americans that suffered from the legacy of slavery get ahead in life.

Where did you get this premise?
>>
>>39104028
Then why does it exist?
>>
>>39103828

when whites are a minority in the coming future will they get affirmative action?
>>
>>39103828
Affirmative action exists because more niggers and spics with jobs means they are less likely to be violent criminals.
>>
>>39103828

Because they can get away with it.

Ask yourself why Asians and Indians, the wealthiest races in the U.S., try and sneak through on the coattails of blacks trying to get free Oppression Bux And Privilege.

I mean, WHITE WOMEN, the single most privieleged group on the planet, and fags, constantly try and mooch off the Pity Bux afforded to blacks.
>>
>>39103828

I know for a fact that africans immigrants don't benefit from affirmative actions. Those are reserved to americans. There may be international quotas for some programs here and there (some LLMs and MBAs for instance), but they benefit europeans and others as well.

Source : african immigrant student.
>>
>>39104281
No, you misunderstand, I'm talking about blacks that did not suffer from slavery. So that means any black American that came here after slavery ended, especially those from the last 50 years or so.
>>
>>39104305

Oh my bad.

Your premise is still flawed though. Affirmative actions are not some sort of compensations for past wrongdoings. They're just a politic tool to balance inequalities of economics opportunities.

In France, some higher education institutions use it but only poor people benefit from them.
>>
>>39104388
>They're just a politic tool to balance inequalities of economics opportunities.

Okay well in America, affirmative action is race based so it doesn't make sense for it to benefit those that did not suffer. So either they should differentiate between the blacks they try to help or it should go to anyone who meets the criteria of poverty regardless of race.
>>
>>39103828
>>39104102
Give me one race that has not been enslaved.

Give me one race not having their culture conquered.

You fucking idiot, read some history.
>>
>>39104409
Black people whose ancestors were not enslaved in America still suffer from racism and decreased opportunity in America, which is part of what affirmative action is there to curtail.
>>
>>39104432
>racism and decreased opportunity in America

It's illegal to discriminate and lawsuits and complaints are filed all the time.

This is why I don't really understand.
>>
>>39104451
Doesn't matter. Laws like that can't capture all discrimination and they don't make racism and its effects magically disappear. Read about white privilege.
>>
>>39103828
Does affirmative action extend to eastern Europeans? We're the niggers of Europe after all.
>>
>>39104459
Can you point to a specific example where the law didn't work and if so, why not fix the law?
>>
>>39104410
I'm not arguing about that, I'm just asking why the programs exist in the way that they do.
>>
>>39104459
>I can't prove they are discriminating so fuck whitey
>>
>>39104480
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/12/business/economy/discrimination-in-housing-against-nonwhites-persists-quietly-us-study-finds.html

Shit like this is subtle and you can't really control every single aspect of the interaction between two people when one is looking for housing from the other. A lot of times, discrimination like this is not even conscious, but based in unconscious biases. It's impossible to force people to act the same to everyone regardless of race in all situations that could affect people's success.
>>
>>39104507
>implying discrimination hasn't been proven time and time again
fuck off retard
>>
>>39104459
>Read about white privilege.

read about nigger homicide levels.
>>
>>39104542
Nice /pol/-tier kneejerk reaction. Maybe you should fuck off to your containment board, you mouth breather.
>>
>>39104409

It is not. Not totally at least. Recent studies tend to show than white women benefit the most from affirmative actions.

Plus, the black and latino communities are the poorest one in America.

Even if affirmative actions were totally linked on race, they would also be indirectly linked to income levels. So everything considered, you can say than affirmative action is indeed based on poverty.
>>
>>39104563
Maybe you should keep politics out of this fucking board, faggot
>>
>>39104604
The OP asked a question and I'm answering it. Get mad at him, not me.
>>
>>39104566
No, it is based on race. You are prevaricating. Affirmative action is the institution of racial preferences. It is meant to enforce racial diversity at the expense of fairness and freedom.
>>
>>39104534
Okay well then at this point it's too nebulous to say that this differentiation is 100% based on race. Even within the article they say that a white person looked at a home and then 2 hours later a non-white came and looked at the home and were told it wasn't available. How can you assume that's based on race and not the fact that the agent didn't assume that the white person was going to buy?

Just because there is a different outcome does not mean it is solely based on race.
>>
>>39104621
>It is meant to enforce racial diversity at the expense of fairness
No, it is meant to enforce fairness by helping to make up for problems certain races unfairly have.
>>
>>39104610
Thought you were OP.
>>
>>39104563
>Maybe you should fuck off to your containment board
>not posting on multiple boards at once

you started it. slave.
>>
>>39104644
Read the studies more carefully. You're cherry-picking one questionable example. It's been well-established that nonwhites are discriminated against in housing. It's not nebulous at all.
>>
>>39104647
You are lying or ignorant. The rationale that the Supreme Court has used to justify affirmative action policies is that educational institutions have a "compelling interest" in ensuring a diverse student body. It has no relationship to any particular ethnic struggles.

It violates the principle of fairness by allowing for judgement of individuals based on factors out of their control, namely their race. This is to the benefit of some and the detriment of others, but it is the opposite of fair.
>>
>>39104647
>unfairly have.

its not white peoples fault niggers have a lower i.q. on average.
>>
>>39104717
>the supreme court said one thing about this policy this one time, so it can't have other benefits and people can't support it for other reasons
>>
>>39104673
I am reading the study and it is showing that some agents favored non-whites over whites and that the overall difference is only about 10-15% depending on the race.

So my point is that you can't merely break it down by race, there could be any reason why the difference exists and it's already illegal to discriminate solely on race. Just because a difference exists doesn't mean it's racism.
>>
>>39104723
Racial differences in IQ due to genetics are not a scientifically-proven reality. Even adoption studies do not take into account issues like stereotype threat.
>>
>>39104759
The fact that there is a substantial difference based only on race means that it can be broken down by race.
>>
>>39104787
>based only on race

If that were the case, then those agents can be prosecuted. So why weren't they?
>>
>>39104753
That's your response? So you're just an idiot then, whatever.

Affirmative action is a goverment policy. The Supreme Court's interpretation of its justification is of paramount importance. Your personal opinion is in no way relevant to the legal code or judicial precedent.
>>
>>39104459

There is no such thing as White Male Privilege.

It's just a conspiracy theory to let people cop out from responsibility and demand gibs.

White people can't be privileged if they are the top of the food chain, they can only GRANT privileges. The entire notion is hilariously stupid.
>>
>>39104815
Those laws haven't been created yet.
>>
>>39104787

Could be based on behavior and people want to pretend it's race.

That's common here - You always see Aboriginals claim they are being discriminated against because of racism, but it's because of their behavior.
>>
>>39104772
>Racial differences in IQ due to genetics are not a scientifically-proven reality.

b-but /pol/ told me it was a real thing. they had infographics and everything. why would they lie?
>>
>>39104861
It's illegal to discriminate though.
>>
File: 1382576591391.jpg (62KB, 360x700px) Image search: [Google]
1382576591391.jpg
62KB, 360x700px
>>39103828
The problem is that even though white women (and their men by extension) benefit the most from these programs, white people still get mad that black people get anything at all.
>>
>>39104459
>Read about white privilege.

Read about suck my dick you shilling leftypol faggot
>>
>>39104772
There is a 0% chance that all population groups from every corner of the globe have identical cognitive traits and capacities.

However, it is exceedingly difficult to investigate the differences given the current political climate. In fact many on the left are of the opinion that such research should be banned outright. Meanwhile they will continue to support policies that rely upon the assumption of perfect genetic equality.

Even still, outside of the U.S. and particular Western European countries the existence of racial differences is widely accepted and uncontroversial.
>>
The kid in that gif has two right hands.
>>
>>39104875
You have been brainwashed if you truly believe that there are no intellectual differences between Australian Aborigines and Han Chinese. Think for yourself for a moment, and take white people out of the equation. Are you really willing to commit to the idea that population groups separated for tens of thousands of years in radically different environments came out exactly the same in the end? I'm seriously asking you.
>>
>>39105061
>The kid in that gif has two right hands.

how very ableist of you to point that out, bigot.
>>
>>39105123

I was wrong. He actually has two left hands.
>>
>>39105095
>no intellectual differences between Australian Aborigines and Han Chinese.

living in a chinese suburb in australia and having gone to school with aboriginals and chinese i could clearly see the vast differences in behaviour and intelligence between the two groups. even though this is just anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>39105158
>I was wrong. He actually has two left hands.

apologize. now! im gonna blog about this on tumblr so hard. you better believe it.
>>
>>39104961

I wish CRISPR would hurry up.

I'm sure people will stil find some other way to pretend to be oppressed though.

Probably different levels of sexual deviancy will overtake race as the go to pity party leverage next.
>>
A lot of people talk about affirmative action helping blacks but a lot of them don't know what affirmative action benefits whites the most
>>
>>39105748
>but a lot of them don't know what affirmative action benefits whites the most

how? white women?
>>
>>39105833
Yeah white women. Ya never see anyone bitching about how white women benefit from affirmative action.
>>
File: 1499025665725.png (158KB, 500x602px) Image search: [Google]
1499025665725.png
158KB, 500x602px
>>39104723

It took quite a while but here we are.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.