[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does smoking weed really make you retarded?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: o-WEED-facebook.jpg (654KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-WEED-facebook.jpg
654KB, 2000x1000px
Does smoking weed really make you retarded?
>>
No, it just takes away your stress.
>>
File: 1502681212185.jpg (21KB, 505x550px) Image search: [Google]
1502681212185.jpg
21KB, 505x550px
>>39100159
Sometimes it makes me feel/look like pic related
>>
>>39100159
No, not retarded. But it can make you prone to idleness and laziness, as well as increase the likelihood of suffering a mental disorder like schizophrenia in the future.
>>
>>39100159
No. It just made me unmotivated and slow moving. Also hungry.
Always felt breddy gread tho
>>
File: 1483667527562.png (626KB, 758x584px) Image search: [Google]
1483667527562.png
626KB, 758x584px
>>39100159

>tfw fell for the weed meme
>buy an eigth, roll two half gram joints
>go outside, smoke a joint
>come back inside, feeling nothing
>thisisshit.jpg
>go back out, smoke the other joint
>take very deep tokes until the entire joint is gone, no coughing and holding it in
>go back inside
>forget my entire personality
>black out, wake up
>heart racing a million miles, first panic attack of my life
>"I'm gonna die..."
>spend rest of night having panic attacks
>six months later
>perscribed anxiety medication with severe depersonalization/derealization
>Get disqualified from military
>Life a shit

feels bad man
>>
>>39100307
Well you smoked an entire gram
>>
>>39100352

Part of me wants to try and smoke less but I'm too anxious
>>
>>39100159
to be completely honest, it takes a special kind of person to smoke weed on a regular basis and not become a lazy stoner. especially if youve been doing it for years. ive seen too many faggots who thought they could handle it, but later became the literal stoner stereotype.

weed on occasion, is a different story.
>>
>>39100371
try again**

very oregano senpai
>>
>>39100159
Depends on the age of the user. Some studies have shown effects on memory of users who don't have brains that are fully developed.
>>
>>39100386
This is 100% true. The "high functioning" stoner meme only accounts for maybe 1% of people who smoke regularly.
>>
>>39100159
First of all, you shouldn't start it before your early twenties. Second, you shouldn't smoke a lot. You can't get addicted to it, it's true, but there is still temptation to just smoke some pot and do nothing.
And you should also consider getting a vaporizer.
>>
>>39100159
No, it doesn't.

What a stupid question
>>
It's the opposite my friend

organic
>>
>>39100159
No, but if you smoke to often, you will not accomplish anything in your life. From once every few weeks nothing bad will happen (schizophrenia might, but that's really rare, if you are not a teen, which you shouldn't be because you are on 4chan)
>>
>>39100386
>t.people who never went to college

I'm 20 and have been smoking weed every night since I was 17. I was a mediocre student before weed (barely a 3.0 gpa in hs AP/AICE classes) and am now a slightly less mediocre student after weed (3.3 gpa and 1yr away from graduating with a dual degree in accounting/stats). Really, it's all about set and setting. So long as you:
>don't get super baked during the day on some strong shit because the come down will knock you out
>smoke weed as a reward for a long days' work
>take a 2 week T-break every couple of months to shake off the haze (yes that's a real thing)
>dont get sucked into falling for the "weed is totally harmless" meme -- the younger you are, and the more prone your family is to diseases like alzheimers/schizophrenia, the higher your chances are of developing those illnesses earlier in life
>>
>>39100557
actually its

> t. older person who went to college and saw the aftermath

eventually it will catch up to you, unless youre a very special kind of person, like i said before. i knew plenty of people just like you and they turned out to be stupid stoners as the years went by.
>>
>>39100386
This
If you're smoking weed every day and you're not in high school or college there's like a 1% chance you're not a degenerate
If you can cut your chiefing down to like once a week or once every couple of weeks then you should be fine. If you're in college or high school though it's fine to smoke every day as long as you're not an idiot about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 421x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 421x407px
I smoked weed once, it was a horrible experience. Coughed a lung out and my face was puffy as fuck, and tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face. I looked like pic related.
>>
>>39100735
>>39100636
Do Murrican students actually smoke pot as if they were XX century trains? 4 years in Russian uni, only a few people smoked and they weren't overt about it.
>>
>>39100371
Yeah mate, try again.

Something good will happen!
>>
File: 1501943683664.jpg (63KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1501943683664.jpg
63KB, 500x628px
>>39100307
>being this bad at drugs
Lol
>>
>>39100159
You just lose your short term memory process while in the moment of being high. So like, don't go to school high and you'll be fine.
>>
>>39100307
Lad you're supposed to share your joints when your tolerance is low/zero
>>
>>39100784
yes

origanmilaia
>>
>>39100784
In sunny Arizona every person I talked to with the exception of some sheltered girls had at least tried it by senior year of high school
>>
>>39100159
>Does smoking weed really make you retarded?
Yes. It also makes you fourteen.
>>
>>39100159
It can make your mental illness worse. Started smoking and it just kick started my autism and I didn't even realize it.
>>
File: 1502553925491.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1502553925491.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>39100159
Only if you smoke it every moment of every day.
Smoke ONCE a day is harmless, but if you start chain smoking really high shelf weed it will destroy brain cells.

For example, Jollie Ollie's entire LiFE revolves around bud, and while i cant say im that much better i atleast dont smoke 24/7.

Also i fucking hate "weed culture" whatever the fuck that means, i just get comfy by myself to smoke, for me its a solitary pleasure.
>>
i definitely had memory issues when i was smoking heavily for months at a time, but they crept up on me so slowly that i didn't even notice how much i wasn't retaining any more.

i was also super prone to distraction and more focused on how i was feeling than the world around me.

it got so bad that i actually stopped smoking entirely after i got high one night, went for a drive, and accidentally drove straight through a red light without even realising until i was halfway through the intersection. just lucky it was late at night and no-one was around really.
>>
>>39100784
no matter where you stand on the weed spectrum, here in America (at least where I'm from in FL), there's a solid chance that 3/4s of everyone around you in your class has at least tried it -- with half of them actively using it
>>
>>39100159
It made me retarded idk what these retards are trying to jew you into
>>
My fingers and toes feel really stiff as if they are locked in curled position whenever I smoke weed idk why

I only smoke to get bitches used to the idea of having my dick in their butts... it's never worked
>>
>>39100735
>>39100386
whats the deal with the lazy stoner unmotivated meme

i never got "relaxed" or "sleepy" from weed. my mind would just go into overdrive and be too overactive for me to sleep. wasn't necessarily lazy but i was too mentally disorganized to get any tasks done and i couldn't kick back and enjoy anything because i'd be thinking way too much and be unable to pay attention

i could still do shit like exercise though
>>
>>39100159
>Does smoking weed really make you retarded?
No, it does not
Does it make you lethargic and lazy? yes
>>
>>39100159
Only if you abuse it.
>Does hamburgers make you fat?
>Is x degenerate
thrash this thread mods but since its nothing but fucking dude that ran over some dyke we should keep bumping with weed.
>>
>>39101091
You were probably smoking a really heavy sativa like Sour Diesel or some kind of Haze
See if you can cop a heavy indica kush and you'll probably get the couch lock, lazy stoner feeling
>>
>>39101105
What if you're already lethargic and lazy? Two negatives make a positive?
>>
>>39100307
Jesus how is that real? You're a giant puusss
>>
>>39101168
Everything boils down to strain
If you're a lazy fucker and don't want to become even lazier smoke a sativa
If you want to literally be almost unable to move because the spot you're in is so comfy smoke an indica
>>
>>39101198
>smoke indica.
>hike for hours.
>Get high for a good while.
>smoke sative
>its fucking nothing.
WHY GOD.
>>
I think smoking weed daily has fried out my brain somewhat, I think it's time I give it a month of two off
>>
>>39101304
Sativas are shit in general desu
>>
>>39100159
Turned my degenerate friend into a complete dumbass who has sex with underage girls.
>>
>>39101345
>turned into
It's safe to say that you just didn't see that he was a degenerate pedo all along
>>
>>39100159

If you just smokem up that cigaweed? No.

If you embrace the pothead culture? Yes, but then it wasn't the weed you were already retarded.
>>
>>39101311
Trust me it will be worth.
You build discipline and when you come back to it your tolerance will be way lower
>>
>>39101311
Take a couple weeks off and when you smoke again with your normal intake levels you'll be off your ass
>>
>>39101385
He wasn't a pedo till highschool.
When I was a senior he was already a 20 year old dropout having sex with the freshman girls. Can't even say if he's my friend anymore he's pretty dumb to where it's cringy
>>
File: 1497762227518.jpg (54KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
1497762227518.jpg
54KB, 500x506px
I've smoked pot pretty much daily, with breaks of varying lengths, for like 5 years now. So here's my anecdotally-sourced response.

It's hard to put into words what that's done to my head. On the one hand, it's undeniable that I'm not as sharp when I'm perma-baked. I'm sure that if I took some kind of problem-solving test or anything that measured g, I'd perform worse now than when I was sober.

On the other hand, I actually think I'm better at clarifying the contents of my thoughts now. That's probably because I've grown and not because I'm a degenerate stoner, but I really do think that the meditative qualities of being high have helped me become a better thinker in some ways. As cliche as this likely comes across, I've "expanded my consciousness" or "broadened my horizons" or some shit like that. There are at least paths of thought I would have tread less-often without pot.

It's also tough to describe what it's done to my focus. I simultaneously feel like I'm less scatterbrained and less focused. To put it another way, my life is a bit more focused in general, but I'm less immediately-focused in any given instance that focus is called for. My head's less erratic, but the intensity of my focus is somewhat dulled.

I should add that I think there's way more danger of becoming emotionally-stunted or disordered than there is a risk of psychological or intellectual harm with this shit. I think it goes unacknowledged, too.

I also think that I could argue in favor of the sheer QOL I get from weed and music being worth a few IQ points, latent schizotypal nightmare notwithstanding.

>>39100386
This is entirely true.

Also, they know. Everybody knows. You might think you're being all slick, but literally every single one of them knows you're smoking pot, including the children and grandma. They know, and you are being held to a much higher standard for it.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.