[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Do We Hate Jordan Peterson Again

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: Peterson[1].jpg (294KB, 2492x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Peterson[1].jpg
294KB, 2492x2500px
The most valuable things everyone should know according to Jordan Peterson
>Tell the truth.
>Do not do things that you hate.
>Act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.
>Pursue what is meaningful, not what is expedient.
>If you have to choose, be the one who does things, instead of the one who is seen to do things.
>Pay attention.
>Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you need to know. Listen to them hard enough so that they will share it with you.
>Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationships.
>Be careful who you share good news with.
>Be careful who you share bad news with.
>Make at least one thing better every single place you go.
>Imagine who you could be, and then aim single-mindedly at that.
>Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or resentful.
>Try to make one room in your house as beautiful as possible.
>Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
>Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens.
>If old memories still make you cry, write them down carefully and completely.
>Maintain your connections with people.
>Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions or artistic achievement.
>Treat yourself as if you were someone that you are responsible for helping.
>Ask someone to do you a small favour, so that he or she can ask you to do one in the future.
>Make friends with people who want the best for you.
>Do not try to rescue someone who does not want to be rescued, and be very careful about rescuing someone who does.
>Nothing well done is insignificant.
>Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
>Dress like the person you want to be.
>Be precise in your speech.
>Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
>Don't avoid something frightening if it stands in your way -- and don't do unnecessarily dangerous things.
>>
>>39098574
cont.
>Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
>Do not transform your wife into a maid.
>Do not hide unwanted things in the fog.
>Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.
>Read something written by someone great.
>Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
>Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
>Don't let bullies get away with it.
>Write a letter to the government if you see something that needs fixing -- and propose a solution.
>Remember that what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know.
>Be grateful in spite of your suffering.
>>
>>39098574
This is such cuck logic, why do /pol/acks love him so much again?
>>
>I worship jordan peterson because I have no dad and my life is a fucking wreck

>n-no listening to him has not made my life better in any way but I have FAITH in his teachings(like jesus XDD)
>>
>>39098600
I have a desire to live life according to all of his maxims listed ITT and I can't see how my life wouldn't improve if I did all of this.

>my life is a fucking wreck
Welcome to 4chan?
>>
File: 1500531841004.jpg (87KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500531841004.jpg
87KB, 1440x1080px
>>39098586
>Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street

I used to do this then I stopped. I've really become the spawn of evil.
>>
>>39098586
>Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
I wish cats would let me but they just run away.
>>
I dislike anyone who uses paytreon because it seems to me like they have made themselves into beggars but most of them don't need to beg
>>
>>39098597
What is a cuck to you exactly?
>>
>>39098683
>Welcome to 4chan?

that's your excuse for being human garbage?

Let me tell you something you little faggot, do you think anything less then perfection is allowed? You think you can just say you're sorry and change? Fuck you little brainlet bitch. Fucked up school? KILL YOURSELF Can't get laid? KILL YOURSELF Low test? SUICIDE.

that's the only advice scum like you deserve, you are not wanted in this society and for good reason you are a fucking LOSER.
>>
>>39098574
i don't, actually the dude is quite convincing and a well spoken man. Also, it was really cool how he withstoodall the dumbshit form those muh pronounds pricks

t. non-white lad
>>
>>39098728
>I wish cats would let me but they just run away.

Isn't it always like that though?

It's like all those guys out there yelling at me to Man Up and Marry that Slut.

Dude, I wish they would let me but they just run away.
>>
>>39098728
Cats represent the feminine, they're running away from you for a reason.

you're probably a misogynist you better sort yourself out and open doors for women more
>>
>>39098574
We live in an age where people dislike wisdom because they know the things they want and do is the opposite of it.
>>
>>39098574
He has a funny interpretation of the male female iq distribution curves.
Since the mean is more or less in the same place he can make the claim that there's no real difference.
Essentially he's right but technically it's a very coarse point to take.
I personally think it's a stance he takes to score points with women, so I do question his overall credibility.

The best thing we can do here is critically evaluate the things he's saying and adopt the stuff that makes sense. Were intelligent adults we can discern babies from bathwater.
>>
>>39098773
>low testosterone makes you scum

only on 4chan will you ever see insanity of this magnitude. I guess anonymity lets peoples inner crazy out.
>>
>>39098574
>If old memories still make you cry, write them down carefully and completely.

What does he mean by this?
>>
>>39098819
I have one cat that is friendly and one cat that is not.

If the unfriendly cat thinks I'm going to fucking BEG it for a chance to be nice to it, it's got another think coming.

Same goes for chicks.
>>
when I listen to Jordan peterson it doesn't help me at other than to illustrate just how fucked up my life has been. it really is better to just ignore that stuff and stick to escapism because there simply is no way my problems will ever be fixed. I have almost every single problem that he talks about.
>>
>>39098891
>only on 4chan will you ever see insanity of this magnitude.

It matters more in the real world then it does on here.
>>
>>39098773
I'm human garbage because my life led me to this state. I don't really care what's allowed on an anonymous imageboard website as long as I can keep posting on it for the time that I enjoy doing so. I don't think sorry alone has much meaning but change is usually possible with the right set of events, I realize, however, that the efforts needed on my part to change in the way I want will be drastic and hope that I'll be up to task for it.

The other questions you answer yourself.
>>
>>39098916
I feel like at a certain point of having a shitty life it all becomes beside the point and only serves to humiliate you or drive you to suicide.
>>
>>39098748
Devil's advocate time:

A /pol/tard or MGTOWer might say that he is building a virtue system that can be summarized as "Do lots of shit that will let others take advantage of you."
>>
>>39098597
>>39098600
>hipster cynical beta white males that live with their parents and are sheltered from the outside world that need to shit on everything so they can feel intellectually superior on a anonymous Liberian pedophile imageboard among other autists
Jordan Peterson is definitely an intelligent, wise, genuine person and I think he gives great advice.
>>
>>39098917
I've never seen anyone go so autistic over it irl
>>
>>39098899
That's what he means when he says sort yourself out.
>>
>>39098953
nice blog, please give /lgbt/ our regards
>>
>>39098953
He literally argued hitler killed the jews just to be mean, he's a fucking moron.
>>
>>39098953
>you're unattractive so fuck you

really elevating the discussion

You stupid wannabe normies are putrid
>>
>>39098944
Peterson even said himself that if a child isn't socialized at a young age they never be.

I was about as ostracized as a kid could possibly be until I was around 10 when I had a few friends. but people never truly wanted me around. Like peterson says this is has a massive impact because still to this day I have no desire to participate in the human game.
>>
>>39099062
>Peterson even said himself that if a child isn't socialized at a young age they never be.

where did he say this?
>>
>>39098574
Jordan Peterson is a fucking pretentious centrist who advocates the horseshoe theory, needless to say, he's a faggot
>>
>>39099062
I secretly like peterson I just hate his followers
>>
>>39099088
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPlwvlrDaNY&t
>>
>>39098586
>Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.

At that moment, Anon was enlightened.
>>
>>39098574
>>39098586
I like Jordan and think he's a very wise and intelligent man even though I disagree with his points on redistribution. I think alot of the things he said are common sense but I understand that he wishes to reaffirm in the hearts and minds of people these points. Overall good man and his biblical lectures are well worth the watch.
>>
>>39099212
Not him but what Peterson is saying isn't as bad as you imply. He's emphasizing the importance of learning how to share a frame of reference with other people at a young age, which is something most people, on /r9k/ even, have done to varying degrees. He mentions other children and play but it's something you could've learned to do with your parents or even the TV and you probably did learn it by 4.
>>
Post me the one video from Peterson that will make me a better person.
>>
>>39099454
meant to be to >>39099123

Orthopedic
>>
>>39098747
This may be relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaKl4yO8HAA
>>
>>39099516
haha what a shiftless cuck
>>
>>39099580
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, even if it's fun.
>>
>>39098899
https://youtu.be/RoGdMpdZXzs

Skip to about 7:40
>>
>>39099468
No video will make you a better person, just give you the tools to make that change yourself.

The OP list are most of the tools in Jordan's lectures super condensed. Its up to you to use them.
>>
>>39099468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44f3mxcsI50&list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat&index=5
>>
>>39098597
>why do /pol/acks love him so much again?
because he's a poster child for the right wingers, after that incident. One of the few that appear to be intelligent. That is why they hold onto him so tightly.
>>
File: turnatfrowdupsidedown.jpg (95KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
turnatfrowdupsidedown.jpg
95KB, 1024x683px
>>39098574
I don't only lazy robot's, who don't wanna sort themselfs out do and communist because he takes, a big shit on communism and the state of the left today.
>>
>>39099468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoA4017M7WU
>>
>>39101828
Oh and i forgot tumblr transfags
>>
>>39100639
Cain confirmed for spineless bitter cuck
>>
>tfw I wasted $20 on the self authoring program and it did absolutely nothing
>>
I'm glad Peterson had the courage to do what he is doing. It is inspiring to watch and he is motivating me to be a better person.
>>
>>39101897
Of course it didn't, shit like that is always a scam. Rightwingers just have a big hard on for self improvement because it justifies them not having to pay taxes, Doesn't matter if it's bullshit or not.
>>
File: 1502814986038.png (443KB, 2896x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1502814986038.png
443KB, 2896x3240px
>>39101857
Cain a communist robot.
Abel acapitalist chad.
>>
File: control your living space.jpg (37KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
control your living space.jpg
37KB, 640x399px
>>39098574
Jordan Peterson has an amazing talent for communicating complex ideas, so I've always though he'd be super popular here (r9k isn't reputed for its brains). There's basically nothing about him to dislike, so I guess this is telling

He digests major advancements in philosophy and the world excellently, and has a good eye for how many of these things are interconnected. Peterson's lectures would honestly be an invaluable tool for robots that have the ability to not take everything as either irony or an attack on their being
>>
>>39102334
>There's basically nothing about him to dislike
true robots like wallowing in their own misery and don't appreciate the idea they can get better if they actually try a bit
>>
>>39102425
Except jordan regularly admits some people are just totally fucked.
>>
>>39098597
he engages in conspiracy theories like cultural Marxism(invented by the nazis) which let's him avoid racist discourse and pretend to be a defender of democracy.
>>
He says things that sounds smart to dumb people
>>
>>39102334
>and has a good eye for how many of these things are interconnected.

That he does but that also tends to lead him down the path of straight up speculation and quasi conspiracy theories. Note how Jordan LOVES to pull rank by listing his experience in academia yet he will venture far outside his field of expertise to shit on people he deem to be "marxists". His critique of postmodern philosophy hinges on the idea that they are marxists in disguise (cultural marxists) who wants to sneak marxism back into society by way of bringing marxists concepts into academia. Cultural marxism is a meme-tier conspiracy theory.

Add to this the fact that Peterson is religious (even though he acts as if he is personally detached from the ideas he's arguing from) his motivations seems to be pretty clear. He is a man with an intense need of feeling like the smartest man in the room but he feels insecure in his intellectual position due to the inherent relationship between his ideas and his religiosity so he takes the long route around that connection in order to mask the inherent relationship. Thoughts?

And let me say this: Peterson is a very intelligent but emotionally driven man.
>>
>>39103457
I agree, but I don't find the spiritual side to be an issue. I came into my own examination of christianity from Tolstoy and Gandhi, and I think he's right that a 2000-year-old book with endless revisions and responses is something to dwell on and consider (as well as those revisions and responses). I'm a bad person to ask to reconsider Peterson, though, cos I already liked Jung, Dostoyevsky, Solzhenitsyn, etc. beforehand, so I'm very much predisposed to agree with him: I just find him saying things I already thought, but more comprehensively than I have the communicative ability to do (his true intelligence is of a linguistic and communicative nature rather than the abstract reason by which to originate philosophy, I heard him say himself, and I think that's very accurate).

Being emotionally-driven doesn't really bother me, either. I might even say it's a good thing over the alternative of deafness to the empathetic brain. Both religion and empathy find a really good expression in Chekhov's story, The Student, if you're interested. It's a super short story and one of his best.
http://www.eldritchpress.org/ac/student.html
>>
tl;dr self help garbage from a meme philosopher
>>
File: 1487031338969.jpg (66KB, 635x903px) Image search: [Google]
1487031338969.jpg
66KB, 635x903px
>>39098574
>we
Looks like you've taken nothing away from his books. Oh wait, you haven't read any, have you. You've only seen the 3 minute lectures on youtube for low attention span idiots. That makes sense.
>>
Something about this guy always gives me the cuck chills. He's hiding a deep dark secret for sure
>>
>>39103928
He's a clinical psychologist, do you expect him to say things not from the perspective of helping people help themselves in regarda to that kinda list?
>>
>>39103958
this, generous amounts of this

the ongoing biblical series is solid too, but the inept questions and excessive applause he constantly is really uncomfortable and makes me question how much the audience comprehends it
>>
>>39104009
it goes in one ear and out the other. The lectures are supposed to be studied, not listened to on a whim when they're recommended at the end of molymeme's latest video. .
>>
File: 1501720805083.jpg (200KB, 832x669px) Image search: [Google]
1501720805083.jpg
200KB, 832x669px
>>39104093
I'll never understand why r9k has such an underbelly of good anons like you
save yourself, I'm just here to watch the goyim turn gay and go postal
>>
File: 5feb8cd388a5828269a0b9791862bdd1.jpg (541KB, 909x1286px) Image search: [Google]
5feb8cd388a5828269a0b9791862bdd1.jpg
541KB, 909x1286px
>>39104221
I don't come here much anymore. Only occasionally to maybe convince someone to open their eyes. Not to become a normalfag, but to stop being so bitter. And to cure pseuds; these 5 minute youtube lecture intellectuals, but they're usually to proud to get through to.
>>
>>39104346
>to proud to get through to.
>to
Nice grammar, tripnigger
>>
Because /r9k/ don't want to better themselves, they want to wallow in their own pathetic misery while someone else supports them.

Absolutely endorse suicide on this board as much as possible.
>>
>>39104701
I think there would be a lot of worth in having people who used to be robots become productive members of society, if that could ever happen.
>>
>>39104738
No, there isn't actually. Low skilled retards with high expectations. I'd take a pajeet to do any job a robot could for half the pay and less of a whiny, unreliable r9kfag
>>
>>39104794
>become productive members of society
Means they'd obtain the skills. A number of robots have a perception unique from the normies that I think would benefit society if they got themselves sorted out.
>>
>>39098586
>>Write a letter to the government if you see something that needs fixing -- and propose a solution.
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>39105084
How many millennials even know that this is a viable option? The Lovings sent a letter to Robert Kennedy and that's how they got lawyers to pick up their case, making it so people could marry outside their race without being thrown into jail like the Lovings were.

I unironically think this is great but now I realize what I'm doing by using that as an example on modern 4chan, oh well.
>>
>>39098889

Men and womens IQ is mostly the same except at the extremes.

So you get more male idiots and more male geniuses.
>>
>>39098916
And when you die, will you be happy looking back to your escapism?
>>
Peterson is based
He triggers robots
>>
>>39105248
>tfw when world's smartest idiot
>>
File: idealogues.png (232KB, 1221x597px) Image search: [Google]
idealogues.png
232KB, 1221x597px
>>39099097
Imagine being this jaded, jealous and bitter.
>>
>>39098574
I hope you just misquoted the poor guy because he's sounding like a fucking nanny after the first two points.
>>
>>39105393
Not him but. What a stupid thing to say.
>>
>>39098597
They don't. /pol/ hates him because he's a centrist, as much as he himself may disagree.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.