[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 27

File: 1443411663107s.jpg (7KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443411663107s.jpg
7KB, 209x250px
Going back soon. Too autistic to get an apartment so I'm still in the dorms with the underclassmen. No friends, no extracurricular activities, even my GPA is only a hair north of mediocre.
I wish I was a freshman again.
>>
File: 1498457474434.png (558KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
1498457474434.png
558KB, 680x693px
>>39091130
Who here adult student?
26 navy vet starting in the spring. I keep seeing a lot fo you guys talking about skipping classes and failing and what not. Isnt that a big deal? You guys talk about it so nonchalantly.
Any of you left college after doing poorly and returned? What was that like?
>>
>>39091172

When you are a loser you generally have a very good estimation of just how much you can fail and still maintain your current situation.
Then you gradually creep towards that edge, telling yourself everything is still fine, before finally plummeting over.

I've left college 3 times and am returning again next Fall. I'll be 29.
>>
>>39091172
It is a big deal but it hasn't really sunk in until now. It's my fault and responsibility but I really should have waited a couple years before starting.
I'm on my parents' dime and we're somewhat loaded so I don't get a lot of financial pressures. My mom even said that I could take as long as I need.
I did leave my school after Freshman 1st semester. I spent the rest of the year at a satellite campus. Coming back sophomore year was scary but other than jitters there wasn't any trouble. Everyone deals with shit.
>>
>>39091172

Bless you man. Skip classes only if there's a good reason. Skipping classes because you don't feel like it is a psychological trap that leads to dropping out, particularly if you've got anxiety/depression issues.

And don't forget this is /r9k/ most of this board is on some sort of downward slope
>>
File: 1500588430303.jpg (109KB, 938x821px) Image search: [Google]
1500588430303.jpg
109KB, 938x821px
>>39091130
What year are you in now?
>>
Sophomore here, luckily I got an apartment. It's with two other randos though, one of whom is a tranny
>>
>>39091320
Starting junior year. Hopefully I'm not too screwed but who the hell knows.
>>
>>39091333
checked
what gender is the tranny trying to be?
>>
File: 1501232764121.jpg (36KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501232764121.jpg
36KB, 1024x576px
>>39091383
I'm going to start my sophomore year in a few days. I felt like Freshman year went by too quickly, so I'm going to try to avoid falling into a routine and spend a lot more time studying than I did last year. I want to enjoy my delayed transition from childhood to adult responsibilities while I can.

Would you say I should start looking into internships this year or next year?
>>
>>39091436
mtf, doesn't pass well though. He's 6 foot but dresses like a girl and has implants.. idk how to feel. At least he (she) is quiet and keeps to themselves
>>
>first year of uni coming up
>been a NEET for the past year
>move in on Saturday
>haven't talked to my roommate at all
How screwed am I?
>>
>>39091450
It's never too soon to start looking. Even if you get rejected completely, the application and hiring process lets you know what you need to do later on. I'm sure your grades could handle a few hours dedicated to research and resume practice.
>>
>moved to another city for uni
>utterly failed
>made 0 friends
>came back to mom's basement
>went back to uni this week
>barely talked to anyone
>girl approached me and asked me questions but I only gave one syllable answers and she gave up
If I fuck up academically too I'll genuinely kill myself.
>>
>>39091297
>I'm on my parents' dime and we're somewhat loaded
I hope some one mugs you you rich cunts.
They are loaded you aint got shit but mommy and daddy and the tit you suck.
>>
>>39091250
Interesting, honestly good for you and I mean that. Im convinced its never to late to make a change. Do they ever give you shit about going back? Like the admissions office or something?
>>39091297
>we're somewhat loaded
Must be nice.
>>39091312
Word, I dont see why i would ever need to. I dont need a job so i just gotta do school and lift and thats the only responsibilities I got.
>>
>>39091499
There are two ways to have a good roommate: Either you become friends or your say two words to each other the whole semester. Just aim for the second option if you're too autistic.
>>
Do americans also have older students being le epic and quirky and "helping" new students in the first few weeks? I hate them. I hate their attitudes. And it's honestly because I'm jealous.
>>
>>39091503
Are you me ?
I dropped uni in march due to loneliness
>>
>>39091528
>>39091546
The thing is, mommy and daddy were both geniuses and were able to use their intellect to amass a lot of money over the years. We don't live in a mansion, we hardly buy new stuff like cell phones, and we live thrifty for the most part. It's just that we have the money and they choose to use it for college. I'm not even sure how much money they have, I just know we have never been wanting financially. It is rather nice and I appreciate it.
>>
File: 1487834900745.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1487834900745.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>39091651
>guy in the same dorm approached me like 5 times
>said "yeah we can do something sometime" and then avoided him every time
Fuck me.
>>
File: sad elfont.png (8KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
sad elfont.png
8KB, 650x650px
I'm starting my freshmen year in a week. Any tips on how to become become a Chad? I'll also be commuting.
>>
>>39091712
>Any tips on how to become become a Chad?
Be born out going, confident and good looking.
>>
>>39091702
>hey anon you should come at the party tonight
>>
>>39091712
Go to the organized things (parties and dinners and shit) in the first couple of weeks. Start talking to people in your "student group" or whatever it's called the first day. Be able to talk and don't have conversations end because you only give one word replies to their questions.
>>
File: 1502228616522.jpg (80KB, 1181x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502228616522.jpg
80KB, 1181x480px
>was hyped I was going to study and shit over the summer to fix what I fucked up during last year
>only now have I opened a textbook
I just wish I failed an exam or two on purpose, just for the motivation.
>>
>>39091712
Lift weights, listen it wont give you magical confidence but there are girls out there who will want you solely on your physique.
>>
>>39091563
Guess the second option is for me, then

>>39091503
Whenever I imagine what uni will be like I imagine this exact scenario. Had a 3 day orientation last month and couldn't make conversation with anyone the whole time even though we were always in small groups. Nobody else had trouble forming groups of friends despite not knowing each other ahead of time, it's just me that's too dysfunctional to form relationships.
>>
File: 1501811399502.jpg (123KB, 886x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501811399502.jpg
123KB, 886x960px
>>39091809
If you have trouble making friends, don't concern yourself with finding "groups" of people to fit in with. Just find individuals you like and talk to them. Social groups aren't necessary.
>>
>>39091172
>navy vet
You're literally me in the future. I'm going to basic training in late October. What was your rate in the navy anon? How was your experience? What's it like being a civilian and going to college now? Where do you plan to live? Also I heard you can take classes on the side or even online classes in the navy, did you take advantage of that?
>>
>>39092671
>What was your rate in the navy anon?
OS, whats yours? Im about to judge the fuck out of you and tell you if you made a good decision ro not.
>How was your experience?
In all honesty it was fantastic and id do it again in a heart beat.
>What's it like being a civilian and going to college now?
Going in the spring so we'll see, from what I heard thast all ages of people in some classes so im not sweating it to much
>Where do you plan to live?
Own apartment for sure, you get a monthly housing allowance(BAH) with the gi bill.
>Also I heard you can take classes on the side or even online classes in the navy, did you take advantage of that?
You can but I didnt. Was young and just wanted to relax and have fun during my time in.
>>
>>39091712
Join clubs, go to class, get help if you need it and actually go out and make friends.

Do you know how chad gets good job? That nigga fucking networks in college.
>>
>>39092750
My rate is AECF. Thing is i took the ASVAB 3 times because I was trying to get nuke because of the 100k bonus meme. I fell short of it by 3 points in two sections of the test on my 3rd try. Glad I did too because I found out is not only fucking stressful but has a high suicide rate. Some say it's not even worth the bonus.

I have some questions though about the Gi bill. Do they cover tuition, books, room and board, food, and the whole 9 yards, or just tuition? Also if you're working on a ship, do you still get BAH even though you're living in the ships barracks?
>>
>>39091659
desu the only reason I don't kill myself is because I feel like my parents just invested so much in me even though we are the middle of the middle class in a barely borderline first world country
>>
>>39091130
I'm possibly starting soon.
>3 years ago got kicked from highschool
>passed some highschool-equivalent qualification just recently
>my maths isn't up to scratch yet but somehow I'm still accepted
>starting an ENGINEERING degree
How screwed am I? I don't want to dropout and wreck my life further. I'll be most likely commuting 3 hours a day, but no idea if I should live out.
>>
File: radiohead.png (48KB, 659x416px)
radiohead.png
48KB, 659x416px
curious what the tally will be this year
>>
>>39091503
Same thing. I dropped my study because I was 220 km away from home and always sitting alone in my dorm crying. A few months more and I had hanged myself.
>>
>>39092991
well, lots of people start engr degrees and a good chunk of them drop it soon after so I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
File: 16624670-324-446.jpg (20KB, 324x446px) Image search: [Google]
16624670-324-446.jpg
20KB, 324x446px
>>39092926
>My rate is AECF
So youll be a FC or ET right? Youre way better off with FC.
ET is easier but its gay by comparison.
>Thing is i took the ASVAB 3 times because I was trying to get nuke because of the 100k bonus meme
Nigger do you mean enlist or re-enlist bonus? Cause the enlist is nowhere near that high and as far as re-enlist bonus lots of jobs have 100k reup bonuses. Spy tech FCs being one of them.
Read
>http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
>Some say it's not even worth the bonus
Its 100% not, there are way better jobs. CTN being one of them easily.
>Do they cover tuition
Yes, there are rules but yes
>books
yes, you get a stipend
> room and board
You get a flat rate allowance every month based on cost of living wherever your school is. For example in pittsburgh its 1550 a month. My apartment im looking at is around 800$ so I keep the rest.
>food
No
>Also if you're working on a ship, do you still get BAH even though you're living in the ships barracks?
The ship doesnt have barracks, bases do. As a new sailor you will most likely be allowed to live in barracks for free which is great cause living on the ship all the time sucks when you arent deployed.
BAH is situation dependent but the general rule is you need to be an E-5 than you can start getting BAH.
>>
File: IMG_6738.jpg (34KB, 402x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6738.jpg
34KB, 402x431px
>>39093268
>FC or ET
From what I heard you don't even get to choose dude. It's decided at boot camp. Hopefully I get FC, but I'd be satisfied with both honestly.

Yes I meant re-enlistment bonus. Also I read that thread you linked, I've got a couple of friends who are joining that graduated from highschool this year with me. They're all going nuke, they're so fucked. Truth is they're not even real nukes. What my recruiter did is have them cheat on the Picat (an online version of the ASVAB that's to be done at home that gives you an idea of what you'd get on the Picat, the recruiter uses your social security to sign you up for one. Apparently if you score high enough and are satisfied with that score, when you go to take the actual ASVAB, you can take what's called a Picat confirmation exam to confirm that you really got the score you got on the test. He had them fucking look up the answers while they did their Picat, and they then passed the confirmation exam at MEPS to make them nukes) So you've got guys who don't even have the intelligence of real nukes going for nuke jobs. Fucking toppest kek man, I hated them anyways ;)

I wanted to go CTN but i found out about the CT jobs after I signed my contract, but I guess AECF is alright too right ? One of the reasons I joined was to travel, and from what I hear CT jobs are usually inside air conditioned buildings, which is nice too I guess, but no travel.

Also I didn't know you had to be an E5 to get BAH. Do you know of ways I can rank up in boot camp? I kinda wanna get to E5 as soon as possible.

Last question, do you get to choose where you wanna be stationed. I wanna be stationed in Japan and live off base, it's my dream.
>>
>>39092663
Yeah I know, but its hard when it seems like everyone is already in a group and has plenty of friends.
>>
File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>5th year of uni because i dropped/failed a few classes throughout my college career
>2.7 gpa, doubt ill be able to bump it to a 3.0 before i graduate
>financial aid is running out and i dont think ill graduate until the next school year, assuming things go according to plan
>>
>>39091250
At the very least, you made me feel a lot better about my future! I've still got time to fuck it up way worse than you have, if that's any consolation.
>>
File: 546full-elizabeth-turner.jpg (310KB, 546x900px) Image search: [Google]
546full-elizabeth-turner.jpg
310KB, 546x900px
>>39093524
>From what I heard you don't even get to choose dude. It's decided at boot camp.
Basically, but if you can grease the wheels in any fashion go for FC.
>They're all going nuke, they're so fucked
Ya theyre fucked, all they can hope for is when they fail out they get dumped into a good rate otherwise theyll get send undes and want to kill themselves.
>but I guess AECF is alright too right ?
Ya both ET and FC are good but like I said FC is better. GM is good to though, pretty sure they go through similar courses in the beginning.
>One of the reasons I joined was to travel, and from what I hear CT jobs are usually inside air conditioned buildings
CTNs yes, but every other CT besides CTI is on ships. They do have lots of shore duty opportunities of course but they still go on ships.
>Also I didn't know you had to be an E5 to get BAH
Ya usually, exceptions are made sometimes but its almost always E-5.
> Do you know of ways I can rank up in boot camp?
You shouldnt even have to, FCs and ETs get auto E-4. You are getting that right?
>Last question, do you get to choose where you wanna be stationed
Its a grey area like most things in the mil.
When I graduated A school we filled out a dream sheet. We listed top 3 places to be stationed and top 3 ships.
They always need people in japan though so chances are 99% if you put Yoko or sasebo youll get it.
Ive been to both for months and had a blast at both. Also try and get on a cruiser or a destroyer if you can those are the best ships.
>live off base
Just so you know you can live off base anytime, you just wont get BAH yet. So if you and a few friends chip in and get a place together you can probably swing it even without BAH.
>>
>>39092991
How the hell do you get kicked out of high school?

Anyway, you must have done something right if they accepted you on the pretense of becoming an engineer. If you don't like math (or love it, maybe) I'd suggest completing the first year of engineering to round yourself out and then switching degrees. Don't drop out after you've come this far.
>>
File: IMG_6660.jpg (28KB, 500x500px)
IMG_6660.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>39093739
>You shouldnt even have to, FCs and ETs get auto E-4. You are getting that right?

I've heard of that too but I don't know if I'm getting it. Are there like certain qualifications for it? How does that even work ? Say you get out of boot camp and you're an E1, and you get to your A school and graduate. You literally just skip E2 and E3 ? That's fucking beast.

As far as where I wanna be stationed, I've always heard that the guy with the highest grade gets first pick for duty stations. Not sure if that's true but I'll make sure to go ham in A school regardless.

Thanks for answering my questions man.
>>
File: bulgaria.jpg (45KB, 720x618px) Image search: [Google]
bulgaria.jpg
45KB, 720x618px
The droning Ukrainian professor who taught us physical chemistry last year in 2 hour lectures is teaching us mooooore physical biochemistry next year

aaaaaAAAAAA-
>>
File: 1497855155704.jpg (66KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497855155704.jpg
66KB, 640x640px
>>39093902
>I've heard of that too but I don't know if I'm getting it. Are there like certain qualifications for it? How does that even work ? Say you get out of boot camp and you're an E1, and you get to your A school and graduate. You literally just skip E2 and E3 ? That's fucking beast.
Shouldve red that contract before signing ti senpai. They give you auto E-4 cause you agreed to a 5 or 6 year contract. Almost all ET and FC have a 6 year contract. I sure hope you knew that.
Also its not as great as you think, cause I beleive theyve changed avancement slightly, but they way it used to be was you competed against everyone in your rate for the next pay grade. So if literally everyone is an E-4, making E-5 is insanely competitive. I think when I was in the % to E-5 was like 15% for ETs.
>As far as where I wanna be stationed, I've always heard that the guy with the highest grade gets first pick for duty stations
It varies from rate to rate and honestly however the people running it feels. Chances are it was like that at one time but if ti stillis who knows. If the CO feels like random is better than guess what? Random it is.
>Thanks for answering my questions man
Np nig, im just chilling so ill be lurking here for a while and can type more if you need more info.
>>
>>39093556
>5th year of uni because i dropped/failed a few classes throughout my college career
>2.7 gpa, doubt ill be able to bump it to a 3.0 before i graduate
I know people who have been in the same position. They finished college - late - but after a couple years no one gave two shits about the details. "Oh, you majored in *biophysics*? Welcome aboard!" So just please tell me you're not going into liberal arts, and you'll be fine.

>Financial aid is running out
Can't help you there but REEEEE. My mom's nonreligious but both of us are Jewish by blood, so we're insanely good with numbers and at managing money, and obviously funds were never a problem to me. But, let me tell you, having all the means necessary to finish and still not doing it probably stings just as much.

If you end up with money problems down the line, heed this advice: GET ON THE STOCK MARKET ASAP. The biggest mistake middle-class people make is to assume they don't have enough to get in because it's "gambling". It is absolutely not. Barring another unforeseen recession, the stock market will always improve on average. Pick stocks you like, diversify, and pick up well-known big winners if you're feeling confident (right now I believe the two biggest are Google and Amazon).
>>
>>39091250
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?
ORIGITITS
>>
>>39093817
haha yeah...
>on "gifted and talented" register as student since kindergarten, as I found out soon before the end. Fact was hidden by teachers
>beginning of sophomore year of highschool went great until Christmas. Started with awesome grades from the years before
>Mom gets seriously ill. Dad does something regrettable. Family undergoes some shake-up in something half related
>become lazy and depressed, with no strong guidance on how to study when life is rough
>fail a year
>opt to repeat it
>barely pass
>next year is barely looking up before getting ultimatum for deputy
>all this time getting calls home saying I must have mental issues as I'm a loner who doesn't function
>apply to college, have one last mock test to prove I am worthy to stay
>family takes a freakin trip abroad that I'm forced to go on- didn't listen to me saying no
>can't revise
>come back and fail again
>more complicated stuff, but essentially I was kicked out discreetly under pretense of medical leave to see a shrink.
Sorry for the huge, possibly whiney seeing sob story. I just haven't come to peace with it at heart.

I did a course equivalent to a highschool thing (another story full of facepalm and bad habits gone wild) and somehow, against my own predictions passed and got accepted by a college, waiting back from another. I got amazing offers I could have achieved if I wasn't such a NEET at heart.
You're right. I love learning and would like to at least complete the first year to start clawing back a future I'm largely responsible for ruining.
Thanks for asking me stuff anon, 'preciate it.
>>
>>39091172
>26
>adult
lol no, you can still fix your shit.
waint until you are a 34 year old creep, that point is trully the hell.
>>
File: qv896Up.jpg (52KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
qv896Up.jpg
52KB, 720x720px
>>39094354
>The biggest mistake middle-class people make is to assume they don't have enough to get in because it's "gambling". It is absolutely not
>>
>>39094413
well i pretty much just meant anyone over 22 which would be "standard" college age i suppose.
>>
>>39091172

>didnt graduate at 17, didn't pass one government required course so no high school
diploma

>At 18 Managed to get into an "art" school that only cared about course gpa and art portfolio

>Realized i didn't want to be an art fag

> At 20 Went back to re-do high school courses to get better gpa for good uni

>21 starting uni now, planning on 4 years for comp sci and bio major.
>>
>>39094354
Don't you need a license or whatever to trade?
>>
>>39094531
Nice major choice.
>>
>>39094531
>comp sci and bio major
Can you explain this? Not making fun just wondering why youd chose those 2 things.
>>
>>39091172

>24 years old college dropout
>went to college when I was 17, dropped out at 19 over personal issues and poor performance
>was full NEET for a year, worked for another year and saved money
>22, after being laid off for economical reasons, decide to get my shit together
>apply to college with very limited spaces
>now about to start my third year

It's funny to think what happened to me in that time. I used to hate going to school all my life, but now I can't wait for summer to be over and to go back. I feel like I actually stand a chance at life and success now.

Worst part though, I feel like all that time was wasted. Sure I matured and learned a few useful skills and saved enough money to pull me through my current education (not American, so it's not that costly), but I feel that if I had learned my lessons sooner I could have already been done now, could have been working towards getting my dream job.

It feels great I'm advancing, but I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for that lost time (and money).
>>
>>39094591
>>39094574

Double major, i always liked biology and comp sci.
I want my chem and bio credits to count if i ever want to peruse any medical career.
Comp sci if i decide to cash out early and get a job as a programmer.

I don't really think i fucked up that badly. at least im not in arts.
>>
File: me on my knees.gif (2MB, 371x278px) Image search: [Google]
me on my knees.gif
2MB, 371x278px
>failed one of several summer classes
>entire fall semester is fucked because said class was a prerequisite for multiple planned classes

At this rate, I'll be lucky if it only takes me 5 years for a bachelors
>>
>>39094627
went back at age 28 after failing out... of 2 colleges. I have a 3.9 in my courses after 2 years but they average my STEM courses with art courses I failed a decade ago.

Cumlative GPA is like 2 now
>>
>>39094680
Again, smart choices. A great balance between passion and what is an excellent safety chute.
You have the courage I lack- maybe I'll be able to help people one day after breaking into medicine.
Godspeed to you anon.
>>
>>39094725
>failed art courses
how? just don't take the ones where you actually have to do shit
>>
>>39094560
You definitely don't need a license; I'm actually pretty sure you could start trading after a few hours if you do enough reading. You only need to answer a few questions to get started. The hard part is figuring what to do after you get the account.
>>
>>39094354
>Barring another unforeseen recession
It is very likely that another unforeseen recession will happen, as it has repeatedly happened throughout history.
>>
>>39094354
>Barring another unforeseen recession,
well in the next couple of years shit is going to hit the wall so to speak as more jobs get automated and the economy adjust for that.
>>
File: 1496975855596.jpg (44KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
1496975855596.jpg
44KB, 635x473px
>>39091130
How the fuck do I make friends as a senior? I've been a commuting sperg for three years now and the only friend I made moved to Japan. I made a couple other acquaintances but I haven't talked to them since the last spring semester ended. Hell, is making friends even worth it at this point? I mean, I do plan on going for my masters, but that'll be a big transition in and of itself.
>>
File: 1465739601928.jpg (552KB, 1625x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1465739601928.jpg
552KB, 1625x1117px
>>39095255
If you foresee the unforeseen recession isn't the unforseen recession foreseen?
>>
>>39095319
That wojak is literally me. Just replace the coffee with water.
>>
>>39095255
>>39095313
It seems this upcoming recession is rather well-foreseen.
>>
LSU
S
U
>>
Will start Uni in a few months, going for a bachelor in political science/sociology. How fucked am I?
>>
>>39095952
Kekkaroo
>>
>>39095952
Jesus christ why on earth would you do that?
>>
>>39095952

>political science

That's really cool, anon, you'll learn a lot of interesting stu-

>sociology

Shave half your head, dye your hair blue, try to blend into the herd. Work on your invasion of the body snatchers impression.
>>
I'm doing Electrical Engineering.
Currently doing
>Calc 4
>Physics 3 with Calc 3 + Lab
>Introduction to Circuits
I'm 20, i quit my fulltime job 6 months ago. need a part time.

/rate me
>>
>>39096248
>I'm doing Electrical Engineering.
word of advice,
switch to computer science.
>>
>>39096394
Not him but what makes you say this?
>>
>>39095952
Should do PolSci/Criminology instead. My girlfriend did that and now she's in law school.
>>
File: negative job growth for ee jobs.png (15KB, 577x243px) Image search: [Google]
negative job growth for ee jobs.png
15KB, 577x243px
>>39096415
theres no jobs for it, go for that degree and you're pretty fucked.
>>
18, fresh out of high school.
Starting my freshmen year of uni this Friday (moving in day, classes start Monday)
Will be accounting major
Living on campus dorm, but I'll have my own room, just sharing bathroom with 3 roommates

anyways I'm feeling really anxious/nervous/excited.
is college as glorious as media portrays it?
>>
>>39096449
What site is that youre using for that? Pretty neat.
>>
>>39094354
>GET ON THE STOCK MARKET ASAP
Ok gramps. To anyone reading this do not follow this guy's advice and instead invest your money into cryptocurrency. Every paycheck set aside some money to put into bitcoin and you won't regret it in 10 years.
>>
>>39096479
>What site is that you're using for that?
its from the U.S. department of labor.
>>
>>39096459
It's better than high school, but it's not glorious. Not for robots.
>>
File: 852.png (29KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
852.png
29KB, 778x512px
>got offered a position in my adviser's research lab out of the blue

Yay?
>>
>>39095952
Prepare to deal with SJWs
>>
File: 1494369220920.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494369220920.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>39095952

I dropped out of PoliSci six years ago because literally everything the department taught and did was slanted so far to the left. After a year and a half of that shit, I finally threw my hands up and said fuck it.

I can't imagine how bad it is now.
>>
>>39091659
You would be fucked so hard if you didnt have your parents and had to work during highschool.
Dont kid your self.
>>
>>39096652
>>39096581
from the stats ive seen its 20:1 liberals to conservatives in those faggy social sciences.
>>
>>39096797
Source?
Origionel
>>
>starting senior year in two weeks
>getting degree in history, minor in polisci
>no future
>no prospects
>been shitting blood
oh well, i'm planning on blowing my brains out anyways
>>
File: 1498517538209.jpg (115KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
1498517538209.jpg
115KB, 500x505px
>>39097275
It was from a jordan peterson video where he talks about how corrupt the humanities have become. I can dig it up if you really really dont believe me.
>>
>>39095952
One of the most beautiful girls I saw at my UNI was majoring in political science, so you might meet some cuties at least.
>>
>>39091130
Starting next week. B.S. software engineering in a school full of Pajeets. Will be doing part time job with one of the larger US insurance companies doing automated testing with their web applications and stuff, >$20/hour (after taxes and tithing then it's less though), so there's that.

The campus being inhabited almost entirely by Pajeets and Pajeetas does not bode well for me
>>
>>39098070
Just say your campus dude clearly you want us to ask which one
>>
>>39097466
Might as well, prefer to see the source itself
>>
>assignment due tomorrow 1pm
>11:08 pm and haven't started yet
and it's something simple, like what's the webpage I have to make about. I just hate being creative and then sharing it with the group.
>>
>>39091702
>neighbors used to try inviting me with them to places
>always refused because too nervous
>they eventually gave up
why do this happen to us anon
>>
>>39091250
i barely eked out after 5 years in. 2 years later I'm going back for law school. LOL at me. suicide awaits? If i fail out of this shit then its a definite result.
>>
I did okay last semester but I have a new semester coming up. Thankfully i only work four days a week now so I have extra off time for school.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.