[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW TO BECOME JAPANESE - Move to Japan for Dummies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

Here is Retard-proof way to move to Japan. Follow this step-by-step guide and you will be in Japan by the end.

Save this guide to your computer somewhere.

These steps start easy, and get gradually harder. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Step 1.) Introduce yourself at a 4chan japanese language learning general
>>>/int/78283352 (beginner)
>>>/int/78320708 (intermediate)
>>>/jp/17481909 (anime weeb)
DISCORD: 3ZKA7zu

Why: this step's important because you need to surround yourself in a community that will support and critique your pursuit of Japanese. You will have to stand up for yourself to make this happen

MOTIVATION: If you need motivation to begin learning japanese, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IOZbJ7PCPk [Open]

Step 2.) Start learning japanese by learning hiragana/katakana. There are many ways to do this. For average 4chan user I recomend steam game 'Learn Japanese to Survive: Hiragana Battle'. It's a 20 hour game that, by the end, you will be motivated to do this shit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/438270 - There is a sequel called Katakana War but you can safely ignore katakana for now

Step 3.) With Hiragana complete, you are mentally ready to tackle this shit. Download and begin core 6k deck. You can find it here: https://djtguide.neocities.org/anki.html

Step 4.) Start Tae Kim's guide. http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/ . Do 1 chapter every 2 days. 1 chapter every day if NEET.

Step 5.) Set Anki for 15-20 words a day. Your objective is to complete core 6k/Tae Kim by end of year

Step 6.) Start attending college. Maybe a community college that is cheap in your area. You need a Bachelor's Degree to go to Japan. This is not optional unless you get a japanese girlfriend, which you will only find in college anyway.

Step 7.) It is now October 2017 (or October 2018). Apply for JLPT. Choose N3. (N2 only if Tae Kim/Core 6k are both 100% complete)
Apply here: http://www.jlpt.jp/e/
>>
>>39089784
Step 8.) Complete JLPT. Take the Harder JLPT exam next year (N2 in 2018 if you took N3, if you took N2 and passed in 2017, aim for N1 in 2018 because why not)

Step 9.) Get associate's degree from your community college. Get a full-time job and save money. You need at least $26,000 in the bank.

Step 10.) Take 2018 or 2019 JLPT. Pass. Remember, if you fail the exam, you are fucked. Do Not fail the exam. It is only administered once a year. This will be your N2 certificate or N1 certificate. This is your ticket to Japan, TIP: If you have acquired N2 or N1 before getting your associate's degree, it is technically possible to move to Japan "early" on under-graduate visa to complete your bachelor's, but for most learners, you will have to wait until you have a bachelor's

If you got this far, you're probably one of the chosen ones. From here on will entail how you transition to moving to Japan from where you are now, so please be mentally ready for what lies ahead

Step 11.) Acquire N2 or N1 certificate based on how good your japanese study was. Acquire bachelor's degree from your community college. Have $26,000 in your bank account.

The door is now open. Your path to Japan is finally open, anon

Select one of the following steps and pursue that specific step until its completion and you will finally live in Japan and earn a japanese flag icon on 4chan

Step 12a.) Student visa method - Apply to japanese university. Show everyone your N2 or N1 certificate to bypass japanese learning school requirement. Enter japanese university on scholarship. Stay in japanese university until you find good job, then leave school and transfer to work visa

Step 12b.) Work visa method: Use the website Gaijob to find a job in japan and apply. Show bachelor's degree, and if required for a translator job, N2/N1 certificate.

Step 12c.) Marriage visa method: Marry a japanese girl. Get free access to japan. You now have access to every single job in japan. Even minimum wage works
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>39089795
Step 12d.) JET Method: Apply to JET Programme. This method does not require $26,000 so if you have trouble acquiring $26,000 this is the method for you. Be warned: JET is 80% autism. You will have severe autistic co-workers who are NOT prepared for Japan. You will be one of the sane, strong 20%. Use time in JET looking for a different job. JET Is a dead-end job, it is only used to get your foot in the door. You will be employed in Japan for a while, use your days off and vacation pursuing other jobs. Also, JET does not require N2. HOWEVER. Your jobs after JET while require Japanese knowledge, so N2 is still highly reccomended if your future is in Japan. Bachelor's degree still required for this method

Apply for JET here (only if doing Step10d): https://jetprogramusa.org/
--
Step 12e.) 10 years work experience

If you can't get a bachelor's degree, and you can't get a japanese girlfriend, but you can save $26,000, there is one method for you. If you work the same job for 10-years consecutively, you can apply for japanese job of the same type. For example: Chef in 10 years in America > Chef in Japan. This is the only step besides a marriage visa that does not require bachelor's degree or N2 requirement.

Step 12f.) Rich as fuck method

If you are "Rich as fuck", there is an easy shortcut to Japan. Attend a JLS for 6 months > 2 years. Find a 5-star JLS here: https://gogonihon.com/ - You will spend roughly $30,000 for 2 years in japan. They will teach you Japanese. At the end of 2 years, they will help you apply to Japanese university if you do not have bacheor's degree. If you have bachelor's degree, they will help you find a job in Japan.

THATS IT. These are the only SIX "Real" methods to entering Japan. Pick 1 of these 6. That's all you get.

Good luck anon, you'll need it.
>>
Why would robots want to move to Japan?
When you go there your problems won't just disappear.
>>
>>39089850
there are various reasons

in a way, moving to japan is such a big journey that it changes someone at a fundamental level. even a robot can be transformed into someone remotely useful in society through the educational process.
>>
i want to cry. are my dreams doomed to remain as dreams? please don't tell me i can't achieve happiness

t. literal basement neet
>>
>>39090817
how is this relevant to this thread? is your dream to move to japan? then yes, you are required to either finish college or save lots of money

if you're a NEET, find a way to get back into college. getting your associate's is basically free (0$) if you play your cards right
>>
Is it possible for a foreigner to ever truly adapt to jap culture?
Is the work culture being suicide-tier a meme or is it true? If the latter, what makes it so harsh?
For someone who has a degree in CS and knows how to speak japanese, is it difficult to get a work visa?
>>
>>39091137
>Is it possible for a foreigner to ever truly adapt to jap culture?
The "asians love calculators" stereotype is actually because japanese follow logic patterns similar to that in math.

Anyone can pick it up, the problem is sticking with it. It's like learning calculus. If you don't try to pick up the logical patterns in the decision making, you won't get anywhere.

>>39091137
>For someone who has a degree in CS and knows how to speak japanese, is it difficult to get a work visa?
https://www.daijob.com/index.html
Not at all. Find your dream CS job here. However, this implies you are familiar with japanese language/culture, if you're still not sure about the culture aspect and have already graduated school, you might find a short-term JLS to be a good place to start if you have the money for it.
>>
I want to move to Japan but will it affect my earning potential if I want to move back some time in the future?
>>
I'll leave this here as a reminder:

https://youtu.be/d2FGgYp6mdk
>>
>>39091264
>Anyone can pick it up
This may sound strange but is there a place to start in order to learn about the differences between western and japanese culture and everyday life? Without directly going there and living there, I mean.
>>
>>39091341
>This may sound strange but is there a place to start in order to learn about the differences between western and japanese culture and everyday life?
make japanese friends, use lang8, read books, consume as much media as possible, etc.

Of course, if you were still in college, you could have taken many college courses on Japanese society and working abroad and shit like that, so short of going towards a master's degree you just have to self-study those aspects.

that is why i suggested a JLS to you
http://gogonihon.com/
>>
>>39091443
>consume as much media as possible
>binge-watching CGDCT moeshit
>>
>tfw I will literally never move to japan
Kill me
>>
>>39091443
Thanks. Guess I can learn about those things on the internet as well, I'm currently in college but there are no courses on jap society here or anything like that.
I heard from another anon some time ago that the japanese were generally tolerant of mistakes with foreigners who made an effort to integrate but I don't know to what degree that remains true in a professional environment.
Have you lived in Japan yourself and worked there?
>>
>>39091512
anime is an exaggerated form of japanese culture, just like this is an exaggerated form of american culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOQnGJDanE
>>
>>39091574
>I heard from another anon some time ago that the japanese were generally tolerant of mistakes with foreigners who made an effort to integrate but I don't know to what degree that remains true in a professional environment.

Let me explain this to you in foreigner terms

you're at a bar drinking beer when a muslim sits next to you. he speaks English. there are people behind you. would you feel more comfortable talking to him if he was wearing a turban talking about how great it is to have 3 wives, or would you feel more comfortable if he was wearing a suit talking to you about current american political events, or various economic issues?

this is the difference between a foreigner that keeps their culture and a foreigner that tries to adapt. in Japan, you can try to appeal to the niche japanese person that likes international people (just like those westerners that love foreigners, we exist), or you can adapt to try to appeal to ALL japanese

if you do the later, people will notice and they will befriend you.
>>
>move to Japan so you can work more for less!
Thanks, but I'm fine consuming the culture by importing it to my own home that I can afford by working 40 hours a week.
>>
>>39091746
Oh, I understand. It doesn't seem too hard. Intentionally keeping and displaying your culture in another country is pretty obnoxious, and that goes for any country.
>>
>want to learn Japanese
>download Pokemon Yellow in Japanese
>use a hiragana and katakana sheet to read everything aloud
>within a weekend, I can read kana almost as fast as I can read English
>don't know what 99% of the words I'm saying mean, but at least I can read Japanese out loud, right?
>wonder what the next step to learning Japanese is
>LEARNING LOADS OF FUCKING KANJI. THERE'S LIKE 3000
>realize I'll never fucking remember 3000+ moonrunes
>stop learning Japanese

That was 7 years ago, now. I've forgotten most of the kana, but I can still remember some.

Why doesn't Japanese just ditch kanji? No one can remember all of the kanji, anyway; not even native speakers.

Pokemon doesn't use any kanji, and that shit is fine.

I should have learnt COREAN, instead.
>>
Why even learn Kanji? Cant you get by with just Katakana/Hiragana?
>>
Is there a GOOD hardcover book I can buy to learn japanese? I prefer physical books to online tutorials.
>>
>>39091921
For English speakers, German is the easiest foreign language to learn that isn't useless like Esperanto.
>>
>>39089784
Yeh when I was more ignorant at 14 I wanted to go live japan, now I learned more about it and its a shit country
>>
>>39091977
But I have no interest in German. I liked Japanese because it's fun to speak. German is boring to speak -- too similar to English.
>>
>>39091977
Try Russian, I found it much more interesting than German and I took classes for both.
>>
So what are the real pros to moving to Japan?

Is getting a qt Nippon gf easy? Can I convince her to come to uk ?
>>
>japanese girls come to my city every year
>never really get bored because there's always new ones and the old ones go away
>they all want to speak english anyway
>don't particularly like anime or manga

I'm not really convinced that moving to japan is a good idea.
>>
>>39092158
>trying to remove a japanese girl from her own culture
What the fuck

YOU are the one that's supposed to adapt, anon. Stop trying to force it on the other person you fucking idiot.
>>
>>39091921
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanja

You're in for a bad time.
>>
>>39092233
>I'm not really convinced that moving to japan is a good idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQr2po81rCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1wzlwtKJ0&t=80

these videos might convince you otherwise
>>
>>39092278
Do you watch television commercials, and when you see a bunch of people smiling and happy over a product that they're advertising, think to yourself "I should buy that?"

You're a mindless mass of consumption. You've been duped. Advertisements have worked their way into your brain to the point that you cannot sustain a proper thought. You're being sold a snapshot and buying the whole album.
>>
File: you cant learn japanese.jpg (8KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
you cant learn japanese.jpg
8KB, 229x173px
>>39091941
>Why even learn Kanji? Cant you get by with just Katakana/Hiragana?
do you have any idea how indecipherable japanese would be without kanji? in japanese, there can be up to 20 words at a single time that share a single sound. Kanji is your friend. the more you learn, the more you like it.
>>
>>39092242
B-but I just want her to meet my family and experience fish and chips anon
>>
>>39091947
Anyone know a good book? pls
>>
Kek please make sure you record you autistic adventures so I can laugh you weeb fucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP-Q8_Slt_s
>>
>>39092493
idk I used genki. It's not hardcover. Has a bunch of vocabulary and exercises.
>>
File: WIN_20170117_15_06_46_Pro.jpg (217KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170117_15_06_46_Pro.jpg
217KB, 1280x720px
>>39092493
>Anyone know a good book? pls
for absolute beginners, or for seasoned pros?
Genki 1+Genki 2 are what most people go for, and what is taught in american universities.

you'll also get people that demand Nakama 1+2 is what you should get, and people that demand minna no nihongo is the only one you should do

those are the holy trinity of japanese book learning. my japanese friend mailed me this which is more general. eventually you start branching off into JLPT practice book land.
>>
>>39092551
Absolute beginners, to learn for the ground up.
I might try genki if that's what's recommended then.
>>
>>39092569
if you want the bookworm route:

Finish Genki 1
Finish Genki 2
Start cramming JLPT practice books (there's a ton)

Check out RTK too if you're having trouble with kanji characters

Minna no Nihongo is what the actual country of japan uses for its foreigner classes: https://www.amazon.com/Minna-No-Nihongo-Beginner-2nd/dp/4883196038/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502833560&sr=8-1&keywords=minna+no+nihongo

however, you will need to buy the translation book to help with this, but it far surpass Genki in quality

for an absolute beginner though, genki or nakama is probably the safer best.
>>
>>39092645
Nice. My original thanks, anon
>>
What are the best cities to live in in Japan?
>>
>>39092725
Tokyo and Osaka are shit. Rural/Traditional japan is god tier. Disregard posters who say Akihabara, they need to be shot on sight.
>>
>>39092758
>Rural/Traditional japan
But there are no jobs there.
>>
>>39090817
get a part time job and go to community college to try to get a bachelors degree in fucking anything. Study Japanese on the side. After a couple years, you'll be golden. It will be really hard to pull yourself out of your neethood, but once you get to Japan it'll all be worth it, don't worry. And if anything ever gets you down in this process, just remember: you're moving to japan.
>>
>>39092758
Which prefectures are the comfiest
>>
>You need a Bachelor's Degree to go to Japan

you might as well hve said fuck off to anyone without a degree. you don't even have to learn japanese if you have a degree you can probably find a related job and work at a company with a branch in japan. faggot retard.
>>
>>39093607
>you might as well hve said fuck off to anyone without a degree
Japan pretty much tells everyone to fuck off without a bachelor's degree

you need one of the following 5 things to legally reside in japan
1.) A bachelor's degree
2.) A marriage certificate
3.) a student visa
4.) japanese citizenship
5.) 10-years work experience, lots of money, or eligibility for highly skill professional visa

if you don't want to get your bachelor's degree in your home country you could always obtain it inside japan
>>
> This is not optional unless you get a japanese girlfriend,

marrying a japanese girl soley for the purpose of getting a visa is a recipe for disaster.

whats going to happen is you're going to spawn elliot rodger , he' s going to hate you for being a racemixer, your wife is going to hate you for being a loser. you have no motivation to deal with your family problems because your main purpose was to live in japan rather than raise a child or interact with your wife.

you will regret every moment of your life do not do this.
>>
>>39093724
>eligibility for highly skill professional visa
Does that mean STEM PhD?
>>
>>39093979
>Does that mean STEM PhD?
http://www.tokyoimmigration.jp/eng/point.html

it's the strongest visa possible in japan besides the marriage visa. if you don't have a bachelor's degree, forget even considering this one.
>>
>>39094028
Yeah so basically if you have a PhD in a relevant subject you're in.
>>
>>39094060
yeah but why not aim for a master's degree in japan if you're headed in that route?

japan offers scholarships for people with bachelor's degrees and offers full ride scholarships until their PhD without paying a dime, you just have to actually be worth the salt

but if you already have a PhD, go right ahead and sign up for that.
>>
>>39094163
>why not aim for a master's degree in japan
Because I can already get in a good (free) program in my country.
>>
You can't become japanese you dumb gaijin. You can at best learn japanese and become a second class citizen(not that first class in asia means much anyway).
>>
>>39094060
Master's is enough according to the website
>>
if you have a phd you can live anywhere in the wrold as long as you can find a job. this thread is totally redundant. At least tell them how to get into japan with a high school education which is possible through attending a japanese language school.
>>
>>39095124
You don't need a phd to "live anywhere in the world as long as you have a job" anon.
>>
>>39089784
Can I not be Japanese and just be a visitor?
>>
File: 1470871094447.png (569KB, 611x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470871094447.png
569KB, 611x720px
>not living in one of the most introverted countries in the world
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.