[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do men rant about not dating enough girls or having more

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: sceptical-police-officer.jpg (52KB, 620x823px) Image search: [Google]
sceptical-police-officer.jpg
52KB, 620x823px
Why do men rant about not dating enough girls or having more women approach them? Yet when you do try to flirt, or show interest somehow, they're utterly oblivious?
>>
Fun fact: Reddit is a massive circlejerk when it comes to "men being oblivious to women flirting". I'm not sure why we are oblivious, but I don't feel as though it's fair to turn it into such a hostile circlejerk. Men are a certain way, women are a certain way, that's it and that's all.
>>
>>39089699
because what constitutes flirting from a girl is usually so obtuse that a guy might not realize it until two days later.
>>
>>39089699
Men don't know what they want. They think they want girls to approach them, but aggressive women are at least slightly emasculating, and a big part of heterosexual attraction stems from the man feeling powerful and masculine and the woman feeling protected and feminine. All women can do is just try to appear open and kind and hope that a man approaches them
>>
>>39089848
As a guy, this describes 90% of the men I've known throughout my life.
>>
>>39089726

Also, the thing is, is that every time I've asked the internet or my friends if X woman in public was flirting with me, they all say, without exception, that she was just being nice, that I think too highly of myself, etc. These are the same people who then complain that "men these days" are so oblivious, that guys are autistic, that we are always thinking of sex but that we are socially inept. I just concluded that it's not worth it to pay any attention to "women flirting with me", as I have no idea when it would be happening to me anyways. It's safe to assume they are just being friendly with me.
>>
I don't even know where to start in today's dating landscape. With shit like tinder, DM sliding, etc I have to assume (and mostly correctly) that any decent attractive chick or even an average looking one is inundated with guys on a daily basis. I saw this one girl I was crushing on recently post a screenshot on instagram where I could see she had like 60+ unread text messages in her inbox. It's seriously intimidating to the point of freezing me in place for the most part. I talk to girls alot and I feel like some of them, one of them has to think I'm a decent mate but everyone (including myself) is so cagey and weird these days. It's fucking frustrating.
>>
>>39089699
Things women think are showing signs of interest:
>Crossing your legs
>Playing with your hair
>Going to the bathroom over and over to try and make a guy follow her
>Talking about how many other guys want to bang her and how exhausting it is
>Try to make the guy chase her by feigning disinterest
>Laugh at exactly everything a guy says

women fucking suck
>>
>>39089699

You're probably not being clear enough about your intentions. It's the same thing that leads to endless moaning about the friendzone in male communities; people are not mind readers and will not assume that you want to start a relationship from hints and implications. They do not and will not get it. You have to be extremely clear, which is pretty difficult because it requires putting your ego out there to get hurt. And finding the right conditions and such, which is another headache.

>>39089848

Consider this post for instance. This is 100% rationalization; the poster has only found a way to loop back around to being passive in romance. The reasoning seems solid but really it's just about keeping the ego out of harm's way.

Which again I don't fault anyone for because putting yourself out there to get rejected time and again hurts. I just don't know what the alternative is, because being subtle and protective of yourself, or just hoping that others come to you, sabotages your chances of success.
>>
>>39089848
>Men don't know what they want.
Incorrect. Men want to fuck.

>They think they want girls to approach them,
Men want beautiful women to approach them. Unfortunately, only she-beasts make the first move.

>All women can do is just try to appear open and kind and hope that a man approaches them
This is correct. Not eating like a pig and knowing your place is also important.

>>39089871
Your opinion doesn't matter because you are a faggot.
>>
>>39090074
>because you are a faggot.
Interested? ;)
>>
>>39090074
>knowing your place is also important.
A woman's place is as the passive party in the relationship, idiot. You can't have it both ways
>>
File: stop it please.jpg (93KB, 850x506px) Image search: [Google]
stop it please.jpg
93KB, 850x506px
>>39090026
>women fucking suck
please stop reminding me
>>
>>39089699
I am so lonely that I perceive any positive cues from a woman as flirting. Experience has shown me that it's very unlikely to be the case, so I stop myself before risking embarrassment and social ostracism.

It is possible I may have lost some signal in the noise, but that's just because all noise looks like a signal to me.
>>
File: img.jpg (19KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
19KB, 620x576px
>>39090364
iktf

robloxx
>>
Everyone's fucked up. If they're not crazy, then maybe the timing is bad.
I just don't even care about this shit anymore.
We should all just start raping each other.
>>
Because nobody flirts with the type of men who are lonely (otherwise they wouldn't be lonely)

t. 24 years old, never had a girl flirt or even come up and talk to me, only had sex with prostitutes
>>
File: 1502640605284.png (388KB, 510x463px) Image search: [Google]
1502640605284.png
388KB, 510x463px
>>39089699
Men are not oblivious, they just don't want to run the risk of misinterpreting women's "approach". That's because many women's idea of an approach or showing interest is inherently wrapped in plausible deniability i.e. it has to be inherently ambiguous and so isn't an approach at all.
>>
>>39089848
That's just a load of horseshit, men are not nearly that concerned about social dynamics. If anything having a woman find you so attractive that she'd actually take the initiative is an ego boost.
>>
>>39090955
>people make decisions consciously
wew lad
>>
>>39090026
when a girl goes to the bathroom a ton in the middle of a date, she's just going in there to wipe up the puddle of pussy juice in her pants while waiting to fuck you.
>>
>>39091006
what you're suggesting:
>attractive woman approaches man
>ew wtf my dick has shriveled I feel emasculated
what actually happens:
>attractive woman approaches man
>he says yes because he wants to get his dick wet

wtf lad
>>
>>39089699
Probably has to do with women playing cruel games on average/ugly men by pretending to like them and then bring them around to their friends to laugh at him while going Oh my god you really thought I'd be with someone like you? and other bullshit. Not to mention that women obfuscate their flirting to have plausable deniability if they get turned down/someone questions who they like.
>>
>>39089699
Pics appropriate because that's what happens if you think she's flirting, act on it, and it turns out nah lol.
Nobodys going to stick their neck out so they can be labelled a creep, only guys who will are idiots with no self awareness.
You either speak in uncertain terms or I'm not moving a muscle.
>>
>>39090000
Nice quads.

I have like 30 unread messages in my inbox but half of them are sales messages from Dominos, messages from my phone provider and stuff, so I don't think it's just endless men asking for nudes
>>
>>39089726
>>39089699
Usually because every guy has that moment they look back on and realize a girl they were desperate for was hitting on them and wanted them.

Girls are way to subtle when they flirt. They often consider giving the guy an opening flirting.

>"Hey Anon, I think I'm going to watch the fireworks tonight. What are you doing?"
>Oh, cool I'm not sure yet

Later
>So how were the fireworks
>"I decided not to go..."

That's a girl "flirting"
>>
>>39092168
>that example
are women really like this? that's veyond retarded
>>
I can't speak for others, but I'm like Autismolord 9000, and nothing short of cartoonish, hearts-practically-flying-out-of-your-eyes (not that I'm gonna do more than glance at those), unmistakable flirting is gonna work on me.

Some obtuse, convoluted, deliberately-obscure crap isn't gonna work. I will take a suggestion to do an activity together as a suggestion to do that activity. I will take questions directed at me as a sincere request for the information you're requesting. You can even start kissing me out of nowhere or following me like a puppy or fuck me multiple times and I might not get the message that you like me, because I'm just that fucking dense.

This has been true for me since childhood.

>>39089848
>They think they want girls to approach them, but aggressive women are at least slightly emasculating, and a big part of heterosexual attraction stems from the man feeling powerful and masculine and the woman feeling protected and feminine. All women can do is just try to appear open and kind and hope that a man approaches them
I have never had a problem with women approaching me, and virtually all of my relationships minus one have been a result of that. I actually really, really like women who are forwardly flirty.
>>
>>39090000
This times a million. I basically don't care anymore about dating. I've been a creepy stalker in the past and a general wierdo with chicks so I'm just not gonna try until I've done everything I want to on my own.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.