[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LAW SCHOOL IS A MEME

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1224.jpg (68KB, 750x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1224.jpg
68KB, 750x659px
>be me, 22 y/o autistic moron
>no friends
>only gf ive ever had left me a year ago
>spend every night at college playing vidya or otherwise being autistic
>barely graduate college
>go to law school because i want to pursue my dream job
>parents tell me people will like me
>"anon we know we said that college would be better than high school, but law school really WILL be better than college!"
>today is first day of orientation
>stammer nervously through icebreaker game
>i am the ONLY person in a room of 165 people that no one sits next to
>i was the only person who showed up wearing shorts because they said casual dress was fine
>about to break down because theres so many people here
>still no friends
>already prepared for 3 more years of solitude while i watch people around me form social groups

I HATE THIS WHY DID I WANT TO DO THIS REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39086640
Are you there on scholarship? Are your parents helping you? Is it at least an elite law school? If not, social anxieties are the least of your problems.
>>
Just wait until the normies wash out. Law school is a trap for catching sociopaths. The functional ones will become corporate & trial lawyers while the rest of you read contracts in a dimly lit office all day.
>>
more like lawl school
>>
>>39086674
Partial scholarship, and it's a top 30 law school

>>39086680
I fucking hope not, contractual law is boring as shit. I plan on studying criminal law in my 2L/3L year

Any suggestions for overcoming autism and making friends, possibly dating? I'm guessing that trying to get close to anyone here will go badly for me
>>
>>39086768
How did you get in and get a scholarship if you barely got through college
>>
>>39086787

My LSAT score was very, very good. I also interned at my county's OPD so I had amazing recs compared to other applicants
>>
>>39086871
What was your undergrad major and GPA?
>>
>>39086787
>>39086871

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I have a housemate

>unpacking my car
>setting up my TV/Wii U
>"haha, anon, you still play video games?"
>literally calls my room my "cave"

WHY ARE NORMIES LIKE THIS
>>
>>39086992
>>39086996

My undergrad major was Econ with a minor in Comp Sci, my GPA was 2.79 (but thats mainly due to a bunch of D's/F's that I got sophomore year)
>>
>>39086640
This is why they say "wherever you go, there you are."
>>
>>39086996
tell him to mind his own business and pursue your dreams

t. law student on a 3rd year
>>
>>39087187

Yea but how do I get friends who don't laugh at me or find me weird and also get a gf

I thought that would just automatically happen in law school
>>
>>39087320
just try to engage in activities with others as fast as you can

I got my group of friends simply by talking to strangers and asking them about the classes we have or some random ocassion which connects people (exams, food, being introduced to others by people you met already)

good luck out there

make sure to act fast though, people will get into close-knitted groups pretty fast and you will become an outsider again

Just make sure you don't try too hard to the point you become annoying.
>>
>>39087387
Does that also apply to dating? I havent asked someone out in years
>>
>>39087748
dating might be a longer way
you need to catch that connection somehow
>>
>>39086996
>be in office
>have room next to this weird fat kid who calls himself "anon"
>sometimes in my coffee break I hear "bing bing WAHOO!" and "HYAAAAAAH HEEEY"
glad I'm not working there anymore.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (64KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
64KB, 600x694px
>>39087387
>just be yourself and talk to people :)
>redditspacing
>>
Are you part of a university with like societies and clubs and shit?
>>
>>39088369
Yeah there are clubs here, but I think they're mainly for undergrad students

How the fuck do you ask a woman out without sounding creepy?
>>
> had a girlfriend
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, that whore _better_ have been a roastie playing you without giving in
>>
>>39086640

Why would you choose a career where you're literally paid to talk if you're autistic?
>>
>>39088817
Yeah she turned into a terrible cheating slut in the end. She dumped me as soon as she realized she had other options once shed lost weight and quit spending all her time watching anime

>>39089070
Because I'm GREAT at arguing, and articulating points. It's just basic socialization that I suck at
>>
Quit law school, move to Thailand and teach English. You can get a work permit with your bachelor degree and I guarantee you'll get laid, white guys are worshipped over in Asia.
>>
>>39088245
i like spacing

you got a problem with that
>>
>>39088245
>>talk to people
>"hurr u redditor faggot stfu fag"
Either you try to talk to people and engage in activities or you continue to be avoidant anti social dweller
>>
>>39089447
>move to Thailand and teach english without knowing thai

the fuck
>>
>>39086640
>only gf ive ever had left me a year ago
Stopped reading right there, kill yourself.
>>
>>39089512

You don't need to know Thai, faggot. I didn't.

Truly life in America is hard mode. Life in Thailand is easy mode. Give your student loans the middle finger and come out here, the water is fine.
>>
>>39086640
>>"anon we know we said that college would be better than high school, but law school really WILL be better than college!"

Law school is for one thing, and that's getting a law degree. If you think it's going to be fun or social you're doing it wrong.

Also
>has had a gf
>can't handle an ice breaker game or being in a room with large amounts of people without breaking down

???
>>
>>39089568
My ex originally had a crush and asked ME out. I've never been good at meeting people by myself

And I'm aware that law school is for studying law, which is what I'll be doing. It just would've been nice to have friends lol
>>
>>39086640
>>i am the ONLY person in a room of 165 people that no one sits next to
Are you an idiot?
1. If people don't sit next to you, go sit next to people.
2. If every had someone sit down next to them, who sat down next to the last person to sit down, except for you?
>>
>>39086640
>be me, 23 y/o normal moron
>many friends
>never had a gf
>spend every night at home playing vidya or otherwise being autistic
>not even graduated college yet
>go to IT school because i want to pursue my dream job
>parent tells me I'm brilliant and will succeed no matter what I choose
>"anon, I love you"
>thursday is the start of year 3
>will hang out with the people I know already
>i am the ONLY person in a room of 80 people that already has a $80k job
>i am the only person showing up with a golden credit card
>about to break down how much better I am than all of them right to their faces
>still lots of friends
>already prepared for 30 more years of great career options an six figure income

I LOVE THIS WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39089826

Well I'm not really sure what anyone can say to help you since you didn't manage to identify anything that actually went wrong or anything you were unable to do, besides stammering in an icebreaker and being about to break down from being in a large room. I'm an autistic KV like anyone else here but if you want to be a lawyer you should at least have a sense of the basic social skills necessary to sit down next to someone in an introductory setting like that and start some small talk with someone. You're going to need basic social skills in a job setting as well.

Like I said law school is not a super social setting, most people are busy with their work, and I certainly didn't make any great friends there, but I at least talked with some people enough that I had people to sit next to in class and form study groups with in my 1L classes. I know it's hard to insert yourself into a conversation or group of people obviously but just look for an opportunity and start making small talk about the class or whatever. If you can't do that then you might need a more NEET-friendly profession than law.
>>
>>39086640
Holy shit what are you doing? You should be focusing on your schoolwork and performing well in your classes. Trust me a good job will help you more than putting yourself out there.
>>
>>39086996
calling someone's room a cave is like, pretty tame ? housemates are fine, if you aren't TOO autistic you're bound to grow attached to your mate eventually
>>
>>39086640
Mind sharing what school you're at?
>>
>>39089371
So are you a virgin or not? You're supposed to fucking be kissles hugless handholdless and eyecontactless
>>
>>39090263
Not like it matters, but W&L

>>39090403
Nope. Not a virgin
>>
File: RadRatto.png (90KB, 269x262px) Image search: [Google]
RadRatto.png
90KB, 269x262px
>>39086640
Stop appropriating autism
It's not yours
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.