[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I switched form pro-life to pro-choice.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

Over the last month I have reversed my philosophy towards abortion form being totally against it to totally allowing it. Here is why, and what this implies:

My pro-life beliefs were based upon a respect for human life, once it is created, it has the potential to develop into a person, and while being antinatalist, after the fact of conception, felt a need to defend the right to exist of the conceived.

The main reason I reversed my stance is the reduction-of-harm principle. Abortion has occurred, and will continue to occur for all of human history, whether you like it or not, you can't stop it. What happens when first world states refuse to allow it, or cut their funding for abortion clinics in the third world, is that women will use coat hangers, screwdrivers, poison, or even hit themselves with a hammer to get rid or the baby, and then suffer all sort of problems, or even just bleed to death afterward. And if women give birth to babies they don't want, and there is no "safe surrender" available, they'll just kill it or leave it for dead.

Both traditional conservatives and cosmopolitan liberals tend to be biased about abortion, thinking about all the sluts that have sex recklessly, get knocked up and then get off scot free by killing the fetus; and they fall to consider all the harm and suffering that is prevented by allowing abortion since they are too focused on the purely hedonistic abuse of legal abortions.

So in the end, we are much better off allowing abortion, since we can't stop it from happening anyway, and it will reduce the amount of pain and suffering of women and death of infants or than it incentivises women to slut it up recklessly. I'm all for offering poor people food in exchange for sterilization, but still feel morally queasy about considering abortion an instrument of carrying out an anti-natalist agenda though.
>>
who gives a god damn fuck
>>
>>39086181
Congrats to contributing to the lower fertility rates in women and ultimately the end of western civilization.
>>
>>39087086
Congrats on being a low rent, brainlet who can't see the bigger picture. Great job
>>
>>39086181
I'm sure those dead babies will understand.
>>
>>39087129
Congrats on being a better than thou intellectual who's nose is so far up their own ass that they lost sight of their biological purpose
>>
>>39087086
This but unironically. jjj
>>
>>39087113
>>39087155
Wrong post correction
>>
>>39087086
if preventing women from exercising basic personal autonomy is the last bastion of western civ it isn't worth saving desu
>>
>>39087086
Friendly reminder that abortions are the only thing holding the US black fertility rate back to sane levels instead of Congo madness, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>39087178
You're such a dummy you can't even post right. Not a surprise you're a since you're a pro-lifer
>>
>>39086181
I'm pro-life because I like to see irresponsible normalfags ruining their lives and careers.
>>
>>39087226
Do you Iike to see children suffer?
>>
Morality doesn't exist and I think it's hilarious when people make decisions based on moral reasoning. I don't care if people kill their children, why would I? It keeps the white trash and nigger level low. Good riddance!
>>
>stupid people don't use contraception
>stupid people then get abortions
>less stupid people in the world
Makes sense to me.
>>
>>39086181
Fellow Pro-Choicer here. Glad to have you aboard.

Abortion is one of the few ways we have of controlling the population, which is currently at 7 billion, over 5 billion that the planet can handle. People should have the choice to opt out of parenthood if they are too poor, young, occupied or emotionally unable to handle raising a child for 18+ years.
>>
>>39087307
T-thanks, Max.
>>
>>39086181
I guess it's a good thing that you now support the good side, but you are using the totally wrong arguments.

The cell doesn't have any worth in the first place. You don't need to bring in potential of harm, even though that's another argument. But you didn't need to go that far, there is no reason to protect "potential" in the first place. Things aren't what they can become. If I destroy your acorn, no, I have not chopped down and burnt your oak tree.
>>
>>39087529
>People should have the choice to opt out of parenthood if they are too poor, young, occupied or emotionally unable to handle raising a child for 18+ years.
They already had the choice, if they weren't raped.
>>
>>39087307
>>39087529
Pretty much this
Most people who get abortions are single mothers, finacially unstable couples, and or people who aren't mentally ready to care for a child
It's much cheaper for the taxpayers to provide abortions for women rather than them having children that they can't play for
>>
>>39087280
>Do you Iike to see children suffer?
yes
>>
>>39086181
Cheapening life at the beginning will lead to cheapening life at the end. You'll be partially responsible when you're old and in the hospital, and the doctors decide to pull your life support to save money.
>>
>>39087854
Why the fuck would I want to spends my days as an old man in a hospital lol, the sooner thy pull the plug the better
>>
>>39087854
That will be the fault of capitalism.

And the situations are not comparable. No one has a preference of not being aborted, while ending life support will go directly against a person's wish to survive. Completely different situations.
>>
>>39087854
This.

If you're worried about a child suffering, why not kill all the old people who may be suffering, despite their will to live. Why not let their kids make that decision? "Mom's really suffering (actually "Mom's really a pain in the ass to care for") so let's put her out of her misery."

And they're going to die anyway, why not help them along a little quicker?
>>
>>39086181
It's not your decision who can take a life.
>>
>>39088715
Kill yourself. "Will to live". You said it yourself. Fetuses don't have a will to live, the situations are completely different. Please die.
>>
>>39086181
heres a hint: abortion doesnt happen like you describe in a normal society, but only in one that has no decency, sense of obligation or authority or even basic respect for life

if youre a mgtow wizard best you should do is just check out of the said society instead of working within it (its like trying to infiltrate into mordor and secretly turn sauron into a good guy)
>>
>>39088747
They are still lives.
>>
Abortions should be heavily taxed for higher income families, and heavily subsidized for lower income families.
>>
>>39087129
Congrats on being braindead enough to think that fetuses are babies
>>
>>39087179
Louder for the people in the back!
>>
>>39087307
Wow, I hope that, when I grow up, I can be as edgy as you desu.

Faggot
>>
>>39087733
The choice to have sex isn't the same as the choice to have a child.
>>
File: 1502411557486.jpg (54KB, 477x637px) Image search: [Google]
1502411557486.jpg
54KB, 477x637px
>The main reason I reversed my stance is the reduction-of-harm principle.

Baby-tier logic.
>>
>>39089072
No more than a bug or some lower animal.

Not all life is equal, and it doesn't count as proper human life until it's born.
>>
>>39086181
Wow, a little wishy-washy with your justification in the conclusion. Are you sure you aren't a subversive cointelpro agent attempting to undermine the thot patrol?
>>
>>39089121
I can get behind this.

I'm not OP but it follows the reduction of harm principle pretty neatly.
>>
>>39089731
>Congrats on being braindead enough to think that fetuses are babies
then what are they? property? If so, then shouldn't the creators of that property have the right to decide what happens to it? You can't jointly own property and allow one owner get rid of it without consulting the other.
>>
>>39089889
more like the "make someone else pay for my mistake" principle.
>>
>>39089890
Sure, property, why not?

I'm totally behind the father being part of the decision, so long as the pregnancy is not the result of rape.
>>
>>39089802

Yes, it is. The entire point of sex is reproduction. The fact that we've invented a variety of methods to get around that fact so that we can enjoy the pleasure of sex without it resulting in pregnancy doesn't change that fact - and none of those methods are foolproof, aside from outright sterilization. If you don't want to have a child then it's very simple - don't have sex. For some reason, you people have decided that sex is some kind of inalienable human right; that people should be able to indulge in constant, mindless hedonism and any suggestion that they confront the consequences of this lifestyle is attacked.

Being pro-choice means that you literally value brief sensual pleasure over human life, and that you'd rather commit murder than give up the opportunity to get your dick wet. Morally, there is literally no argument that can support your position. Supporting on-demand abortion for people who refuse to stop fucking or accept responsibility for the inevitable pregnancies that result from it is indefensible, which is why the pro-choice crowd goes to such lengths to obfuscate their position behind layers of "women's rights!" and "reduction of harm!".
>>
>>39089890
>fetuses

fetus is the latin for baby
>>
>>39089917
>Sending a tiny amount of your tax to contraception or abortion

>Sending a much larger amount of tax over a lifetime to pay for a mistake's food, imprisonment, etc.

Pick one. No, neither is not an option.
>>
kill em all 2017
>>
>>39089965
how about
>have people pay for their own abortions so they realize there are consequences for their actions
>>
>>39089947
People fuck anyway retard, christposters gtfo
>>
>>39089947
Valuing human life over everything else only makes sense when the population level is dangerously low or could easily slip into neing dangerously low.

That said, the world is insanely overpopulated currently, so we can afford to let some go.

Hell, consider letting the people who don't want to reproduce utilize contraceptive or abortions at-will an evolutionary advantage. Once they all die out, all that will be left are people who more strongly value human life, and we will be in a better spot if the population has a serious drop.
>>
>>39090010
Oh look, it's the "muh consequences" non-argument. Nope.
>>
>>39086181
>So in the end, we are much better off allowing abortion, since we can't stop it from happening anyway

So in the end, we are much better off allowing rape, since we can't stop it from happening anyway.

Here's my main contention: it IS a human life. Nobody even tries denying it anymore. But they love coming up with reasons how they're somehow "less human".

Abortion is a disgusting blot on modern society.
>>
If prohibiting abortions is a useful tool to stop sexual liberation (I don't know if it is) then that's worth more than the harm reduction from allowing them.

The sexuality must be controlled by society as well as possible.
>>
>>39090020
Life is life. What you're saying may very well be the case, and it truly is, but it's still a disgusting stain on our society, as was slavery and Jim Crow. We're lowering human lives as sub-human for our own selfish purposes. It's inconvenient to have a kid, yes. But instead of just, idk, not having sex in the first place, people'd rather kill a baby and get to have sex.

Society's main problem today is a lack of self-control. Obesity, STD's, drugs, all wouldn't be an issue if self-control was valued, but it's not.

People miss the point of freedom. You're free to do what you want, yes, that makes it so you have to have MORE self-control, not less.
>>
>>39090072
If you want to curb the sexual revolution, you'll need to hit it as a part of a different cultural change, since taking it head-on will only embolden them. Good luck anon.
>>
>>39086181
Also, that picture is retarded. I'm pro-Hitler, not pro-Holocaust. Jeez, what do you think I am? OF COURSE the Holocaust was bad, but I mean, Hitler had a point and should have been allowed to continue with the Holocaust.
>>
>>39090053
>Oh look, it's the "muh consequences" non-argument. Nope.
Why not? "muh consequences", as you put it, is pretty effective in education, employment, safe driving and a whole long list of other things. why can't people be more responsible in their sex lives OR have some consequences for not doing so.

sure... let everyone else worry about your mistakes.
>>
>>39090070
>So in the end, we are much better off allowing rape, since we can't stop it from happening anyway.
That argument is retarded (and I'm pro-life).
Do you deny that there would be any harm reduction from allowing it or are you claiming that prohibiting rape has severe negative consequences?
>>
>>39090124
Segregation was right. The only bad part about it was that we're supposed to be separated into different countries.
>>
File: 1492467127570.png (293KB, 778x702px) Image search: [Google]
1492467127570.png
293KB, 778x702px
>>39086181
>MGTOW

opinion discarded, didn't even read your shitty opinion. Literally going out of your way to identity yourself as part of a jewish white genocide campaign

shit tried to post >>39089823 but he beat me
>>
>women will use coat hangers, screwdrivers, poison, or even hit themselves with a hammer to get rid or the baby, and then suffer all sort of problems, or even just bleed to death afterward.

roastie whores getting what they deserve

fuck them. A single baby's life is worth more than dozens of sluts.
>>
>>39090013

That's cute, but I'm not a Christian. I outlined a basic moral argument against abortion, not a religious one. The only thing you need to believe to take my side is that human life has value. The fact that you have no response except insults and false assumptions shows that you recognize that you're wrong.

And that's ok. Really. People do things all the time while knowing that they're morally wrong. People lie, steal, and kill constantly. If you think that killing someone every now and then is an acceptable price to pay for being able to fuck whenever you want then that's on you. But don't be a pussy and try to weasel your way out of acknowledging that fact.
>>
>>39087529
>This shit

How about don't have sex until you can handle the responsibilities that come with it?
>>
>>39090771
That's why most alt-righters haven't had sex, yet?

Also, why not wear condoms or take birth control pills?
>>
>>39086181
Pro choicer here. We have enough people in this world. I think we should take care of the ones we have already but we keep making more. I constantly see families that live in income based apartments with like 5 kids because they won't abort and it's repulsive. I would rather be aborted than live that life anyway.
>>
>>39090284
Watch out for this edgelord everyone. He just might hurt your feelings if you get between him and winning an internet argument
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.