[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Robots,any of you considering joining the army? I see many

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (109KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
109KB, 608x800px
Hey Robots,any of you considering joining the army?
I see many sad people,that apparently,have no purpose,feel bad that they are unrecognized.
In the army you have a purpose. Honestly,meeting interesting people and shooting them before they explode seems nice. If you join the army and there you don't take part in conflict,you are a better human than those chads with a nice car.
>>
>>39059621
Last I checked Army is robot hell.
>>
>>39059713
I wouldn't mind the conditions,not really into /comfy/ shit while i'm busy
>>
>>39059713
Last I checked you're not an Army fag so you dont know shit.

OP, I'm leaving for Basic in September. I'm a POG (person other than grunt). If you want to be a grunt (infuntree) then by all means have fun with it and plan ahead for your future.

I wanted to get an option 40 contract but it wasn't available for the mos I picked (25B). If you want to be smart and make the best of your Military career then I suggest you explore other branches and pick when you find thr branch you want pick a JOB that will benefit you once you retransition back into the civilian world.

Good luck. I made it and so can you.

Btw, start running now if you want to go Army like me. I run 3 miles every other day. And just so youre aware, if you enlist (swear in at MEPS) understand that you most likely wont be shipped out to basic for at least a month which is plenty of time to git gud at running. Either way, as long as your e not overweight or have health issue you'll be good. Basic is meant to turn you into a soldier but it's a lot easier if you're prepared for Basic.
>>
>>39059748
Not necessarily the conditions, the other people involved. You have a drill sergeant on your ass during basic training and most of your fellow recruits are not exactly the most sympathetic men, if you can call them men. Not to mention that most army bullshit will have you trying to think about other things (such as the lack of purpose) while doing the large amount of exercise regimes and sometimes doing absolutely nothing. 24 hour guard shifts are the most boring shit and it will make you lose quite a bit of sanity. Most problems regarding purpose are on an existential scale and not a physical scale as well. Since the robot's purpose tends to lack physical work, that would work on paper. Except the robot's existential purpose is left unfulfilled, and the exceedingly long periods of time you're stuck wondering things inbetween getting shit on by the drill sergeant and the frat boys consisting of your comrades. It won't even solve most of the problems that plague them, rather since robots are so abnormal it will only compound them with the company of the assholes and idiots who are also serving. Plenty of robots have quit early due to these problems.
>>
>>39059868
OP, don't listen to this fagot's "comrade" post. They aren't in the military and they're giving you advice based on conjecture.

Do your own fucking research, get the fuck off /r9k/ and dont look back.

Go to /k/ for actual advice from actual veterans or currently serving military men.
>>
>>39059905
It's not conjecture, it's experience. Don't ask the deerfuckers for advice.
>>
>>39059914
You weren't in the military you fucking fagot
>>
>>39059923
If you're seriously promoting this shit you haven't done the time.
>>
>>39059930

>you haven't done the time.

He hasn't. It's some kid who hasn't even shipped out for basic yet, just larping as a militaryfag.
>>
>>39059930
The only fagots that refer to TIS as "time" are LAPRERS.

Go KYS you fucking fagot. Im leaving for Basic next month and all my friends and family are serving now or are veterans from all branches.
>>
>>39059868
>>39059914
>>39059930
He could go officer, or warrant if he can wait for E-5 they seem like pretty chill jobs in the right job branches.
>>
>>39059940
I'm not a kid, I can guarantee I'm older than the two of you larping fagots trying to downplay the military and claim its hell. Everyone I know, specifically in the Army, say nothing but great things about their time in service and how it drastically turned their lives around for the better.

OP is trying to turn their life around to stop being a fucking bot, they don't need some shitty soldier/larper bot to scare them away from one of the potentially greatest things of their life.
>>
>>39059867
ur a normalfag dudebro or an underage newfag
>>
>>39059983
And they don't need someone who hasn't even done basic giving advice, fuck off retard.
>>
>>39059971
Go officer is for people that can handle responsibility though. Given time, OP might change in college as they complete ROTC, but college is the reason why i dropped out and am enlisting active duty.

Liberalism is dead and progressives can suck a dick and enjoy being in debt for their liberal arts degree.
>>
>>39059998

whynotboth.jpg

origblox
>>
>>39060005
I have the resources and plenty of people who have succeeded in the military to back my facts up you little shit. Go kill yourself lol
>>
>>39060030
So you have conjecture, got it.
>>
Being in the army won't cure your autism, virginity or anti-social tendencies.
>>
>>39059998
Nah

I'm just not a fucking fagot bot that spends their time fanatising about a life they wish they had.
>>
>>39060043
Haha use my insults to validate your shitty opinions. You're a fucking pussy, go drink some bleach.
>>
>>39059621
Im a reservist who is going to commission next june, don't know how active duty is like but my time in training and missions has been alright, makes me feel like im doing something productive.

My only issue is having to remain anonymous when talking about politics for fear of someone giving HR a call and getting me discharged or reprimanded. Especially with what went on Charlottesville and all the guys that got doxxed.
>>
>>39060055
You're not a fucking doctor so stfu.

Anyone trying to venture into the military is more of a human than you'll ever be and just considering the military alone proves you're not a raging autist.

There's still hope.
>>
>>39060058
Do you not realise you just outed yourself as a normal?
Go eat 12 dicks.
>>
>>39060014
That's funny because im getting a liberal arts degree, just to commission as an officer.

I don't intend to really do much with it, it was just a personal interest.
>>
>>39060086
If you consider not being a raging fagot with a future normal then then I guess I'll run with it.

I guarantee I've been on this board longer than the two larping fagots here and the bot reeeeeing normies.

I see a man who wants to be productive and asking for insight on something that i know they'll never regret. I was OP at once. I come back to this board from time to time for people like OP.
>>
>>39060117
The only thing i like about being commissioned is all the specialty schools you have to take. Other than that, I prefer doing my job for the next four years then getting out back to normie land
>>
>>39060128
You aren't guaranteeing shit, Anonymous.
>>
>>39059621
Which army anon?
Also cultures in different jobs in the army vary. Choose something you will fit into and enjoy.

Experiences may vary.
>>
>>39059867
So you haven't joined yet?
You can't even comment on any aspect of military life from a personal standpoint.
Also, you are wrong, POG literally means Posted on Garrison.
L2army faggot or fuck up and stop pretending.

>>39059621

OP, Anyone can fit into the army, you will be fine. The key is just hang in there and do your thing, one foot after the other so to speak, tell the truth about everything and when you fuck up, OWN it, don't try to lie, you won't get away with it..
Also remember that training =/= the wider military outside of a training establishment.

Best of luck
>>
File: IMG_4731.jpg (20KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4731.jpg
20KB, 407x286px
>>39059621
I have been. 4/6 ppl i know who went through say it sucks. Hmmmmm idk
>>
>>39060229
Really? I thought POG was Person Other than Grunt.
>>
I would start crying if I got yelled at.
>>
>>39059621
Prob gonna join the marines because the crucible looks fun and the uniforms are clean
>>
>>39060336
Teared up the first day at basic wondering what the hell i was doing there...you get used to it, and then miss parts of it afterwards.
>>
>>39060282
It does. The navy is full of Weebs or actual Nigs that will outright steal everything from you if you don't lock up your things. It's a last resort for all of them.

The people who make ranks are either too scared to work in the private sector or realize they are fuck ups who enjoy the comfort of not worrying about bills or wondering where their next meal will come from. A decent amount of them will have speech impediments or some kind of tick you can spot in a instant (constantly rubbing every finger against his thumb over and over again)

That is the thing about the military, it just instills a routine into you. Something your parents should of taught you long ago. After a year or two it becomes second nature. The funny part is when you actually leave and start to hate all the free time you have.
>>
>>39059621
Government forces all males to join an serve for 2 years straight + service till 40 years old. Gotta love that male priviledge
>>
>>39060328
>>39060229
>>39060344
POG is Person other than grunt.

Don't go infantry, it's fucking ASS unless you like being in pain. Went in as an 18x, 21 day non-select kicked to Airborne infantry. You do get to do some cool shit, but only after climbing a mountain of bull shit so high that you don't even give a fuck what's happening or how cool it is when you get there. I enlisted knowing everything I know now in the sense that I had mentors to school me on what was up. But its not the same when you're there, there's BS and then there's Army BS. You will get greazed by people with half your IQ, who will tell you you're wrong minutes before confirming with someone higher ranking then them that they are in fact wrong, but no one will correct the shitty situation they put you in. The values are good, but the way they're handled and administered make them worthless. You will be held to standards of honor and integrity, but will find that very few people E6 and above display those Army values. They have excuses for everything, and rarely lead by example. They will make mistakes that end up costing YOU and then refuse to take responsibility, blaming YOU for your plight.
Do NOT go into Combat Arms unless you enjoy doing everything exhausted, hungry, and sick. The crucible looks fun, the Nasty Nick (Special Forces obstacle course) did to me too, but it wont be fun when you have had 5 hours of combined sleep in that week, haven't eaten, are sick with pneumonia and throw up from coughing fits every 10 minutes, have a fever of 105 degrees, and are stuck in a fucking swamp with 100+ degree weather that feels like 30 below due to your fever. If you're considering infantry, get used to being treated like shit before going. Sleep in the fucking dog house, walk on the street in all of its bumpy glory in summer barefoot to fuck your feet. Do this for an hour, see how you handle it. If you're golden after all that like some bad mother fuckers are, go for it.
>>
>>39060509
Follow up, being a POG isn't so bad from what I've seen, granted I've never been in that world; I'm sure they have their own BS to deal with. That being said, I'd rather trouble shoot and deal with getting fucked in an air conditioned office than in the field. Benefits are nice, but expect to work for them, they don't just hand them out (even when they should).

Overall, military isn't a bad thing if you do it right. I'm getting out now after a career ending injury and hoping to go back in as an officer, so take that for what you will.
>>
>>39059621
the army's is a welfare program for right wing poorfags
>>
>>39059621
If you're a real robot you won't last. I made it 4 months in the Navy, which is probably the most robot friendly.
>>
>>39060509
Other branch i wanna join is the Navy but i think i'd get bored doing mechanic work on a ship. And all the sailors i know fucking hate 18+ hour days on the flight deck (ao/am). But shooting guns and cleaning looks pretty fun to me desu
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>39060509

>>POG is Person other than grunt.
>>
>>39060579
That's what I thought too. I love to shoot, I love to clean guns, don't even mind cleaning bathrooms, barracks, all that stuff. But do you enjoy shooting and cleaning while a loud retard yells at you to vent because he's getting divorced and his stripper ex-wife that he married in Vegas 3 weeks ago is taking the BMW m3 he bought with his re-enlistment bonus? This actually happened to me, these are the people that WILL be appointed over you as a lower enlisted soldier. You WILL have to follow all their orders and do what they say. More often than not those orders WILL be ridiculous. Infantry attracts extreme people, that's good in a pinch, but in garrison when nothings happening its just a ticking time bomb. POGs tend to generally be more even tempered and laid back. Also, you may enjoy shooting and cleaning, but will you enjoy it after a 25 mile road march that has the skin completely torn from your feet?
>>
>>39059621
>Be me
>frenchfag
>enlist in the army in january 2017
>"You are fit, u good to go, go see us in march with your luggage and you'll be in!"
>Yay.jpg
>Early february
>Start getting sick
>Drink 1.5 Gallon of water a day not even kidding
>Something is wrong
>Go see doc
>"This is Bad"
>oshit.webm
>"I've got your blood results, you have type one diabete"
>b-but, I have been eating healthy my whole life doc
>"It's genetics, nothing you can do about it"
>Call recruitment center to tell them.
>"Sorry lad we can't accept diabetic people"
Oh and by the way I also wanted to be a pilot since I was 5yo, it was like my ultimate goal in life. FUCK YOU GOD
>>
>>39060648
It's okay brother, it's better to surrender to diabetes than to Muslims.
>>
>>39060509
Exactly, don't fall for the Infantry meme, you will regret it when you begin to have back and knee problems from all the rucking and running you will do.

Even if you can handle it, you might end up spending your whole contract in a duty station like Korea, never once getting any real action.
>>
>>39060621
03xx is my 2nd option i really want 0811 tho, from what i have heard 03 sucks till you deploy and alot of Marines aren't deploying as much so whichever branch will let me ship first is where i'm going haha.
>>
>>39060706

TFW joined to be an operator. I remember telling my friend before I enlisted that I was going to try out for SF because all I wanted to do was see some real action, get some cool stories, etc. I think I actually told him that "I'd ride into the eye of the storm and tempest just to see some shit." I ended up doing a fucking hollywood jump with my unit in a fucking tornado zone where the wind gust was like 15 mph above normal. Broke both my legs. Shoulda had my feet and knees together :)
>>
>>39060741
Unless you're SOF don't expect to deploy. It could happen, something could always kick off, but don't choose a job that depends on there being a war to not be an ass MOS.
>>
>>39060801
Thanks for the advice man, the decision has been tearing me up recently.
>>
>>39060674
My step brother converted to Islam and traveled to Syria to do the Jihad. He was a robot virgin loser and highly unstable, doesn't even surprise me
>>
>>39060887
Infantry is cool, but the Marines especially are stingey with resources. You might do one or two cool training ops, but generally peace time infantry is no different from being a POG. You won't do combat shit. A friend I met at Airborne school told me in Marines School of Infantry (SOI) they only got to shoot 60 rounds at most in any given day with their rifles. You will train harder than POGs (get smoked and find out if you truly have what it takes physically and mentally), but don't think you'll be shooting guns and setting off explosives. You'll throw dummy grenades and clear "glass houses" (building outlines made with tape to simulate a house). The other 20 hours you're not training you'll just be cleaning or getting fucked by your command. In peace time it's much better to chose a job that comes with an actual skill set, so that you can be sure that you'll actually spend as much time in the day doing the job you signed up for as possible.

>>39060975
Sorry to hear that man. We don't get to chose family or the conditions were born with. You did more than most, especially in Europe. At least you'll never have to live with regret about "what you could have done or been." You tried, and it didn't work out. I think of my own career ending injury as just God leading me to another path. Be a good solider of God and roll with the punches, you'll find for every door that's closed another will open.
>>
>>39059621
FUCK OFF SHILL
Let me mope in peace
>>
>>39061015
Yeah rarely doing training/range work sounds like it would sucks ass dude. Most likely going to the Navy because hot meal and a bed every night, little to no danger, work exp, and for the most part you get treated better/better food facilities etc. and all that good shit. But something keeps drawing me into the corps man
>>
>>39061067
You could always be a POG in the Marines. Don't let some false sense of glory suck you into a branch though, only join that branch if you really have that drive in you to endure that BS to do that job. And in peace times, that job really doesn't exist for infantry. I'd also look at the Airforce, or just the Army as POG. You'll get better quality of life than the Marine POGs due to the Army's higher funding, and still get some more "combat" training than the Navy guys, not a bad deal.
>>
>>39061116
Yeah i get a huge boner for the "few the proud" and the "embrace the suck" shit not gonna lie, but i have a friend joining the MC (also one of the reasons i want to join) and he told me we could get E2 right after boot if we joined together . Is that recruiter BS or real shit?
>>
>>39059621
nice try shill
i wont go join and fight for (((their))) interests no matter how hard you try
army is a fucking joke and you're a retard if you serve
>>
File: pepe_laughing.jpg (67KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_laughing.jpg
67KB, 540x534px
>>39059621
>meeting interesting people
>and shooting them before they explode

The military in a nutshell
>>
>>39060460
Singapore?
Captcha: spatulas
>>
>>39061169
I thought it sounded cool too, until I was there. You can do a buddy enlistment, I've heard of it. All kinds of ways to earn promotions before going. I enlisted with a college degree and went into the Army as an E4. I know being an Eagle scout gives you promotion points, finishing future soldier training (online stuff), helping to recruit or enlist with a friend I've heard works, all kinds of stuff. Just make sure you REALLY want it, follow my earlier post and really put yourself in austere conditions to see how you handle yourself.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.