[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone want to live here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 350px-Map_of_USA_Midwest.svg.png (44KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Map_of_USA_Midwest.svg.png
44KB, 350x227px
Why would anyone want to live here?
>>
>>39043812
Cheap land?
>>
>>39043812
I moved to michigan, if ann arbor + detroit were glassed and niggers removed this state would be fantastic
>>
To get away from you
>>
>>39043812
I live in Wisconsin.

It's fucking miserable here. Dull, boring, cold. It's a paradise if you love drinking beer while fishing or hunting but if you're an actual modern human being the place is misery.
>>
>>39043812
>cheap property
>"good weather" if you like old and rain (I do personally)
>factory jobs (if you are uneducated, which I personally am not)
>>
>>39043812

they don't, hence why they have net migration rates
>>
>>39043901
Uh have you ever actually been to Ann Arbor or Detroit? They're amazing cities.
>>
>>39044314
>t. Democrat senator of Michigan
>>
>>39044345
Detroits already on the come up. You'll see.
>>
File: disposable income.png (241KB, 580x460px) Image search: [Google]
disposable income.png
241KB, 580x460px
>>39043812
>Friendly white people
>Conservative christian girls
>Good jobs
>Low cost of living
>>
File: 1477084352354.jpg (106KB, 1053x585px) Image search: [Google]
1477084352354.jpg
106KB, 1053x585px
>>39043812
I'm not American but I'd totally go to the west midwestern west just so I'm not in one of these shitty pleb provinces like California and New Dork. Then I'd get a license plate from like Nebraska so people would be like "lol where's dat" and I'd be all like "heh, its in the mid-west kid!" and drive off leaving them in a cloud of smug, jacking off comfortably in my GM vehicle and shaking from the rush of informing a non obscure-provincial about the vicissitudes of my province
>>
File: United-Kingdom-Map.jpg (399KB, 1200x1626px) Image search: [Google]
United-Kingdom-Map.jpg
399KB, 1200x1626px
Why would anyone want to live here desu senpai?
>>
File: c84.gif (157KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
c84.gif
157KB, 200x193px
>>39044314
>detroit
>amazing

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Minnesota is fucking based, especially the forest up north. Maximum comfy up there.
>>
>>39044314
I've been to Ann Arbor, not willing to go into detroit after the painter hired by the guy I'm renting from got shot just driving through there.

Ann arbor is a hellhole of progs, my one time there I saw more bicycle-riding, topknot-having numales than I ever wanted to see. Stopped by a restaurant and it was a big nigger tranny cashier with a half dozen more top knot numales cooking.

Detroit is the black hole in reality that niggers are pouring out from and spreading everywhere in michigan
>>
>texas
>hot
>boring flat landscape
>fucking desert
>41% white

why do people live there?
>>
>>39043812
South dakota is cheap as fuck and, supposedly, has a ton of entry level jobs.
>>
>>39044181
Do you live in rural Wisconsin?
>>
>>39044531
It depends on the area you go to in Detroit. Midtown, Greektown, etc. are all safe and active and are just filled with college students.
>>
>>39044533

I wish we could give Cali all the way through Texas back to Mexico, give Louisiana back to France, Florida back to Spain,and just build a wall around Alabama and Mississippi
>>
>>39043812
Isn't chicago in there? I went there once it was nice
>>
>>39043812
i've heard it gets unusually cold in the midwest
>>
>>39044595

Chicago is pretty nice, except during winter. Fucking 10 degrees outside with 30 mph winds is brutal.
>>
I live in Michigan
Who wants to hangout?
>>
>>39044645
What part of Michigan and how old are you
>>
>>39044538
Yeah, rural-ish. The twin cities in Minnesota and the major cities in Wisconsin are better but still, the coasts of America have so much more to offer.
>>
>>39043812
Because with only a high school degree, the Ohio state government was willing to hire me as a Junior Systems Analyst starting at $74,000/year. Renting a condo in downtown Columbus just 4 blocks from my workplace is also only $900/month. I'm now a Senior Systems Analyst after having only been here for 1 and a half years and am already getting offers elsewhere, many of which are offering the possibility of working fully remotely.

Best decision I've ever made and I laugh at any poor fucker who immediately discredits the flyover states for missing out on easy life-changing opportunities.
>>
>>39044645
If you're nearish belleville I'll hang out with you

>>39044575
I'd rather not go anywhere near the >80%
>>
I don't, South Dakota sucks ass. But hey, no blacks and cheap homes
>>
>>39044716
please tell me how you do this
>>
>>39043812
>North Dakota: oil jobs
>South Dakota: Badlands
>Nebraska: Nothing
>Kansas: Nothing
>Minnesota: Boundary Waters and Minneaoplis
>Iowa: Nothing
>Missouri: Ozarks, St Louis, good bbq
>Wisconsin: Madison, god-tier beef, beer and cheese
>Illinois: oh idk ever heard of Chicago?
>Michigan: Ann Arbor, fresh fruit, west side of lake michigan is unbelievably comfy in summer
>Indiana: Nothing
>Ohio: Vitually decides every presidential election, Cincy, roller coaster parks
>>
>>39044314
I live in Dearborn, which borders detroit. Let me phrase it this way: glass the entire south east portion of the state. We don't deserve life.
>>
>>39044986
>>Kansas: Nothing
Google Fiber
>>
There are nice areas in Michigan
I wish I lived in Royal Oak :'(
>>
>>39044991
Dearborn is trash I agree with you there.
>>
>>39044991
this desu
the rest of michigan needs to be saved from the negro and muzzie menace

>>39045033
someday I hope to move up north where its white, maybe to traverse city
>>
>>39044533
It's actually 25% non Hispanic white
>>
Everything is so white here. I often hear hicks making racist comments to other hicks. They don't do that shit when someone black is in the room, but if it's just whites they'll have no problem.

Just nuke the flyovers.
>>
>>39045033
I live in Grand Rapids but I'd love to live in royal oak in the future. I loved it there.
>>
File: redditantifa.jpg (470KB, 1440x1951px) Image search: [Google]
redditantifa.jpg
470KB, 1440x1951px
>>39045080
are they talking shit about your wife's son, anon?
>>
Low cost of living. My salary is $5,610 a month and I live a very comfy life here in Ohio. In California or New York City I'd be another poorfag.
>>
Grew up in Ohio outside of Columbus. Moved to Arizona a year ago, worst year of my life
What is wrong with flyover states?
I honestly hated Ohio when I lived there but Arizona is the biggest shithole in the US besides Iowa. Old people fucking suck
>>
>midwest
>actually mideast
burgers wtf
>>
File: Alex Jones without a nose.png (168KB, 241x267px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Jones without a nose.png
168KB, 241x267px
>>39043812
>What are cheap costs of living?
>>
>>39044664
Near the Warren/Detroit area. 18.
>>
>>39043812
Cheap
Some parts still pretty white
Cheap
Outdoors are neat
Seasons
Cheap
>>
File: US_states_by_date_of_statehood3.gif (236KB, 795x595px) Image search: [Google]
US_states_by_date_of_statehood3.gif
236KB, 795x595px
>>39045371

It's the western hemisphere, and is exactly in the middle of it. the 45N90W point is located in rural wisconsin.

Culturally, the USA was all about western expansion, and pic related was a region where some human beings actually settled and chose to live. It ended up needing a different descriptor than "the south" (Civil War), so midwest stuck, and has the above objective justification as well.

The next task was to hit the ocean. After that, mountain states were an afterthought to make the country contiguous. Look at this animated map for context. The western and eastern portions of the Union did not become physically contiguous until 1890, with the addition of Idaho. There are lower-48 US states that are barely one century old - they are precisely the mountain states.

The point of all this is that the region in the OP is a place where white people actually settled and lived before 1850, so it had physical meaning to them and to the rest of the country some decades earlier. Hence the descriptor.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.