[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when stopped enjoying video games? What were

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: tired gamer.png (1MB, 1023x570px) Image search: [Google]
tired gamer.png
1MB, 1023x570px
How old were you when stopped enjoying video games?
What were your most fun and memorable video game experiences in chronological order?

>Playing outside
>The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Season
>Pokemon Crystal
>Final Fantasy 7
>Final Fantasy 9
>Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
>Ragnarok Online
>Maplestory
>Warcraft 3 custom maps
Stopped enjoying video games around here
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls II
>Dark Souls III

>buy Nier: Automato after hearing /v/ rave about it so much
>play it for 23 minutes
>suddenly lose all interest and alt f4 out

/tired gamer general/
>>
File: 1471125688770.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1471125688770.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>play nierA
>can't connect to it
>finish it anyway and pretend to have loved it when my friends ask
>make up elaborate reasons why I did
>come up with theories about the game abd what things meant
>don't believe in any of it
>they buy it
>do this with everything I play
>>
>>39039607
24 I guess

I just don't feel anything when trying new games. But I still replay old ones from time to time
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
>>39039607
Buy battlegrounds

It's the most fun I've had in ages, glitchy as fuck and hard to run though
>>
File: 1498150399718.jpg (18KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1498150399718.jpg
18KB, 600x564px
>>39039607
Tell me, why is it that you stopped enjoying them?
They are the best thing ever, I can't imagine a future where I don't play video games.
...Will I get tired too?
>>
I still enjoy them but I have to try really hard to get into them. I had a blast with Prey earlier this year.
>>
>>39039607

>What were your most fun and memorable video game experiences

WoW from like 2006 to 2009. I've played many other games, but nothing will ever come close to that. Pretty much every vidya game I played after that was just a doomed attempt to reclaim that magical feeling I got from WoW. Stopped playing vidya around 23, 24 years old.
>>
>be 30
>get tired of vidya
>break up with long term gf
>try vidya to get over it
>totally get into the Dark Souls game
>start playing Battlefield 4, 1
>finish tons of other games
>playing PUBG with irl friends

Feels good to be back. I might stop playing again in the future. Who knows. It's not a job. I just know I can start playing games whenever I like again.
>>
>>39040332
I can't keep focus on them
I keep alt tabbing out of my video games out of sheer boredom
>>
20-21.
>I had no money for video games
>I was busy trying to find work and my career
>Have like two PC games that barely run
>Have a 10 year old running 360 but no good games for it because either I had beaten them or just find it boring now
>Go from playing 6+hrs a day down to 1.5hrs every other day to playing once a week
>Managed to go through an entire year without playing Vidya.
>Still play, but not as often and namely for achievements.
>>
>>39039607
>Playing outside: the video game
I kind of regret not finishing that one completely before moving on to playing vidya inside
>>
>>39039607
I cant relate to any of you
27 yo wageslave here, vidya is still tons of fun for me, including my other hobbies.
>>
I pretty much only play one game a year

last year it was the witcher 3 + dlc which i finished slowly over the course of the year, absolutely fantastic game

this year it's ffxiv, mmos were never meant to be played alone, if you're gonna play one find some friends to play it with
>>
I can't find any game fun apart from high tech skill games for what ever reason, games like CPMA, QW, GunZ, fighting games even. I've tried playing stuff like NierA and Dark souls, I just cant get into any of it.
>>
>haven't bought a game since the major disappointment that was Hotline Miami 2
>can only enjoy replaying games I've already played
shit
>>
>>39039607
17 or 18. I finally can enjoy FPS games like battlefield one but I get bored pretty quickly.
>>
>>39039607
Whenever I don't have Internet access I go back to playing video games, if I've no alcohol either.

last game i was playing was the oracle of ages. Why are you no ages anon?
>>
>DooM (online gaming in 2000-2003)
>Ultima Online (most awesome time I ever had playing any game 2003 - 2006)
>dota2 (i discovered whole MOBA concept just few years ago and was blown away by it)
>>
File: 1502368059146.png (745KB, 703x491px) Image search: [Google]
1502368059146.png
745KB, 703x491px
>>39040332
We all do.
Everyone I've talked to over the age of 25, without exception, can tell me when they got bored of them too.
For normies it's normally 18 on the dot, just because they went to college and came back unable to enjoy them.
For robots, though, it's always sometime near 21. They've been an adult for simply too long to still enjoy them.

They're just boring now.
Really, really boring.
>>
>>39039607
Recently I've just gotten bored of fast paced games

I've been getting more into Paradox strategy games though, like CK2 and EU4
>>
>favourites memory

>Playing star wars Galactic battlegrounds and making a huge droid army
>Would make 200 droids then send them all at once to the enemy base
>Used to play on old xp machine with 256mb ram when I had shitty internet
>Played for hours at a time when I was about 10

Stopped liking them around 16ish, never had any freinds to play with so it got real boring and I never figured out how to meet people online and play with either
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.